Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rithu0203 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: music_l0ver036

I think you are giving me all the points in which the writers have failed to write a fully fleshed out character. 

Also I can never understand the whole concept of someone saying "they put Nandani in an abusive relationship to gain sympathy" whether Nandani was having an affair with Kunal or not, you should definitely feel sympathy for what Nandani went through. I understand given the situation it's hard but when I see people comparing Rajdeeps character and Nandani's character it really shows how much people hate Nandani. I am not saying that Mauli's pain is less than Nandani's but you are allowed to feel bad for Nandani even if she's making a huge mistake. She's a human. But I get why some people are having a difficult time with it. I'm just angry about the level of justification of Nandani's trauma being deserving because of what she's doing now. 
I do agree that Nandani needs to grow a lot as a character. However, I think Mauli is being favored by the writers because there has literally been no real clinical steps in making Nandani grow. Maybe that's because it is an indian show that is more interested in the relationship portion rather than the individual side of Nandani but I am not seeing any growth. No one is seeing any growth because even though Nandani has started to stand up to Rajdeep, it's back to square one a lot of the times. 

@Bold: Yes, from what is shown in the show, sadly this is what I can infer.
First, Nandini was shown as a victim of an abusive marriage. Can understand and felt sympathy for her. But, the moment she decided to do the same with her bff, lost the sympathy with her and there arise a question, why makers shown her a victim of an abusive marriage. (which is just a reason to justify their EMA)
coz, its the basic human nature of any kind of victim that whatever the hell they have gone through no one should go through it. But, in this case, Nandini never thought before or after agreeing to Kunal's proposal not even once that, she will be one of the reasons to push Mauli into the same state once she was. 
@Bold: Think they are going to show this only, so only said that they may favor Nandini in coming episodes as there is a lot of scope for her character growth than compared to Mauli's who is already a strong and well-developed character. 

love_again thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: music_l0ver036

yeah I agree. Also I think we shouldn't let Kunal off the hook just because he came into Mauli's life after Nandani. He was married to Mauli, shared vows, promised to be with her through thick or thin. He's also falling in love at the drop of a hat. He was also not written well in terms of the love story. 

I agree with you this man is just pure shameless in my opinion he doesn't deserve any woman 
chirpyhapibird thumbnail

Originally posted by: sunshine333

If I had a friend like Mauli I would feel like the luckiest person alive. Family me toh parwah karna laazmi he but aisi friend joh aapko itna pyaar kare. Family ki tarah. She would have my heart AND my loyalties forever.
If I was in Nandinis place Mauli ki dosti pe 1000 Kunal kurbaan.

Kaash koi Mauli jaisi dost mujhe bhi mile. Loveee Mauli. Duniya me kisi ki bhi story Mauli jaisa dukh kisi ko na mile and mila ho toh bhagwaan please please unhe shakti dena.

😭  exactly.
People long for someone like mauli.
She can instill hope in anyone.
Never lose a person like her  in real life
Priya_18 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I did intially feel Nandini got more screen space compared to Mauli but seems like over the course of time, it has been balanced out. Coming to Dhrashti being limited, I felt the same.

Yesterday's epsiode was Mauli, that no one can disagree with but our dear CVs tried to squeeze in some sympathy scenes for Nandini too. But since her character itself is so poorly wriiten, I was totally dry-eyed compared to me being all teary when it were Mauli scenes. Dhrashti can act but yesterday, I didn't even feel for Nandini but Mauli hit home.

Presently, no one knows what CVs are favoring, maybe Mauli at the moment to calm down the viewers but we will have to wait for the story to unfold.   
Edited by Priya_18 - 5 years ago
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I think when writers know what an actor can do they shape scenes in their mind for the character they're playing. I personally think Aditi has gone above what the script demanded from her. Yes Mauli is a wonderful person and she mostly does everything right but Aditi took her scenes, which sometimes didn't even require much from her and she makes the scene hers.

The reaction she got from her scene yesterday, no Nandini scene has got and she had the whole domestic abuse track so the audience could sympathise with her.

I think if the actor has that ability to take a scene to the next level then the writers subconsciously want to give them more, if that makes sense.
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I completely agree with you here. However, if Nandani was written with the same consideration as how we saw Mauli yesterday aka having a normal reaction to pain where she's pushing people away and breaking down and being confused and asking the right questions to Kunal, then I would have not raised the concern. Because Nandani was betrayed by her husband too, countless amount of times. Why didn't we see her pain dealt with like Mauli's pain is being dealt with? Even after 7 years of abuse, Nandani is not really behaving the way she should be. Not that everyone deals with it the same but there are themes of how a woman acts when she's been abused for so long. In a way it doesn't seem far fetched that she's with Kunal because her feelings being displaced thinking it's love when someone is treating her like she's human. But Nandani's character is so inconsistent. Theres no communication between her and Kunal that will lead anyone to believe that they can't live without each other. I'm sure Drashti didn't sign up to play a character that didn't make sense. That's why I think the writers are favoring Mauli because her character is consistent, she speaks a lot, has given time and space to deal with the difficulties in her life. 

Oh yes, the writers actually never did justice to the abuse angle. I seriously feel they shouldn't have brought in this sensitive topic in the middle of a controversial topic like EMA. And even if they did, they should have put more time and effort to deal with it justly. But I do think somewhere, the writers ended by favouring the EMA angle (main theme of the story) over the abuse angle, which they may be considering as a side-plot, and hence, Nandini comes across as inconsistent. The reason why Mauli didn't have such an inconsistency is because the writers never gave her a complex backstory. And the only complex issue shown for her is this betrayal by EMA, which is the main theme of the show. 
Edited by S.Stephy - 5 years ago
The show did start off well with promo indicating complex characters & storyline.
Bt,than once show went on air maybe it's trps which forced makers to rush thing's.makers decided to cash upon the popularity of dd & Shakti result audience got worst kind of storyline.things didn't work out they made it look like divine divine connection to bring the leads together which led to even more uproar & upar se we had mauli who until than used very limitedly starting gaing audience sympathy.low trps + one character becoming popular beyond their imagination as a result now we have makers cashing upon mauli.from here they can either destroy mauli to justify the LEADS of show or cash upon what is working for trps rectify things & proceed further.all said & done I'm happy Aditi as mauli got the deserved recognisation which was long due.
Bottom line makers work acc.to trp they don't favour actors or character bt cash upon what brings them revenue cos at the end of day it's all business where profits matter over favouring actor's.
poiu123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
The writers didn't intend to. Initial promos were only about Kunal and Nandini s POV. Mauli / Aditi s view was not even considered. But due to the poorly executed story, it's only Mauli / Aditi who is promoting the time slot change. If they show kundini promoting the show, they will loose the remaining TRP viewers. Cvs have sensed that.
kiransgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You know what I think? I think these writers finally have seen that there are actually MORAL, DECENT people who will be disgusted at EMA. Then they made the even bigger blunder of injecting God into it. I think its all unintended consequences: Kundani would be the star and center and Muali would be the throw away character. Maybe they see in other countries where EMA are rampant and portrayed as no big deal. They thought it would run here. But they realized and it think a lot of other people realize that many of us will not approve of this sinful behavior. And of course, I must say that there are many countries where I feel people are disgusted by EMA but they have no choice; writers present it in a positive light. So I am glad there is evidence that it's not ok. We are not going to wrap it in a bow and say it's ok. 
They have no choice. They have to develop Mauli. She's the only one worth rooting for.
By the way, they can absolutely show the reality of an affair by keeping Kunan together. We should see the mistrust between cheaters because in real life, cheaters don't trust each other. We should see the financial difficulties and estrangement from society. They cant redeem Kunan but they can redeem themselves  or at least try.
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sunshine333

If I had a friend like Mauli I would feel like the luckiest person alive. Family me toh parwah karna laazmi he but aisi friend joh aapko itna pyaar kare. Family ki tarah. She would have my heart AND my loyalties forever.
If I was in Nandinis place Mauli ki dosti pe 1000 Kunal kurbaan.

Kaash koi Mauli jaisi dost mujhe bhi mile. Loveee Mauli. Duniya me kisi ki bhi story Mauli jaisa dukh kisi ko na mile and mila ho toh bhagwaan please please unhe shakti dena.

true to this. A friend like mauli who loves you so much is a blessing in anyones life. Nanani has always chosen others over her but for mauli she falls weak in front of her love for nandani and forgetting everything runs to support her. who would want to loose such a friend