KJO's obsession with Kajol Totally OVER? - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 5 years ago
I am excited to watch Helicopter eela, i think Kajol is doing well for her career, she was never dependent on KJO for her career. SRK is also too old to play a KJO lover boy, so yes they are better without KJOEdited by TeAmo_Messi - 5 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Resident_Evil

I disagree. Dharma has surpassed YRF by miles now. Not only is Karan visible in the media, he has created a brand for himself and his production house. The way he has singlehandedly taken his father's company to heights is commendable. 

YRF on the other hand are only floating with the once in a blue moon Aamir/Salman movies. IMO Befikre has damaged Aditya Chopra's brand badly. And supposedly he is making a historic movie as his next too. Dharma's upcoming movies include Simmba, Kesri, Kalank, Bharmastra, Student of the Year etc while YRFs has nothing lined up after Sui Dhaga and Thugs of Hindostan. 

Being in the media isn't that important when your work speaks for you. KJo is flamboyant and likes to be in the news 24/7. Aditya Chopra relishes his privacy so YRF functions the same way. Their bigger films are much bigger than Dharma films both in scale and box office. Their small ones may be disasters and their big ones keep them running as a PH but they're typically the biggest that come around. Ultimately they do everything themselves from producing to distributing. They don't co-produce or partner with other PH's (at least yet) so they have the resources and capabilities that Dharma doesn't yet. I'm not saying KJo hasn't done a great job with Dharma -- he most definitely has, but I would still put YRF as a PH that has an edge and more respect. 

Hmm, I don't think much of Aditya Chopra as a director, I think he's limited and just a one hit wonder but I doubt one Befikre is enough to ruin his legacy (not that the flop didn't affect him). For that matter even KJO has disappointments in KANK, SOTY & ADHM. People simply move on when the next one is announced. 

I'm sure YRF has a lineup that they simply haven't announced yet. They typically don't make film announcements 2 years in advance so I'm sure their films are under development. They only have that Arjun-Pari, HR-Tiger & Shamshera announced and they're definitely not only doing 3 films for the next 1-2 years.   Movies like Sui Dhaaga were announced out of nowhere and no one even knew they were in the works so don't be surprised if something comes up. They've had rumors about Ranveer, Deepika, Akki for a while. Anyways YRF at one point was doing as many films as Dharma and they cut back to revaluate. 
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: gilmores

Being in the media isn't that important when your work speaks for you. KJo is flamboyant and likes to be in the news 24/7. Aditya Chopra relishes his privacy so YRF functions the same way. Their bigger films are much bigger than Dharma films both in scale and box office. Their small ones may be disasters and their big ones keep them running as a PH but they're typically the biggest that come around. Ultimately they do everything themselves from producing to distributing. They don't co-produce or partner with other PH's (at least yet) so they have the resources and capabilities that Dharma doesn't yet. I'm not saying KJo hasn't done a great job with Dharma -- he most definitely has, but I would still put YRF as a PH that has an edge and more respect. 

Hmm, I don't think much of Aditya Chopra as a director, I think he's limited and just a one hit wonder but I doubt one Befikre is enough to ruin his legacy (not that the flop didn't affect him). For that matter even KJO has disappointments in KANK, SOTY & ADHM. People simply move on when the next one is announced. 

I'm sure YRF has a lineup that they simply haven't announced yet. They typically don't make film announcements 2 years in advance so I'm sure their films are under development. They only have that Arjun-Pari, HR-Tiger & Shamshera announced and they're definitely not only doing 3 films for the next 1-2 years.   Movies like Sui Dhaaga were announced out of nowhere and no one even knew they were in the works so don't be surprised if something comes up. They've had rumors about Ranveer, Deepika, Akki for a while. Anyways YRF at one point was doing as many films as Dharma and they cut back to revaluate. 

Agreed. Just to add to this, Dharma and YRF have their own merits and demerits. KJo is the best mentor you can have while Adi sucks as one. He ruins the self esteem of whoever he launches and forces them to sign these trash three films deals where they get nothing out of it. YRF sucks at promotions while Dharma goes overboard with it. Adi loathes attention while KJo is an attention seeker ðŸ˜†  YRF holds grudges while Dharma is a little more flexible. It took YRF so long to offer a film to Ranbir after he turned down BBB. Dharma on the other hand is relatively more flexible in the sense that KJo forgets everything once someone is successful ðŸ˜† It's great for an upcoming actor to have a mentor like Karan except I really appreciate the fact that Adi doesn't go around calling people or using his clout to get his favourites cast in other non-YRF films. He can if he wants to but he doesn't. But then I feel like he takes himself too seriously while KJo is more chill. To cut the long story short, I feel like I don't particularly like either of them and their best contribution to Bollywood still remains Raj-Simran and Rahul-Anjali ðŸ¤£
minu_8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: gilmores

Yes, I think within the industry Aditya Chopra & YRF have a lot more respect than KJo and Dharma. YRF is older and has had it's reputation much longer. Dharma may be "more successful" at the moment, but YRF's name is overall bigger. They're...exclusive. Doing a YRF film, a big one, is still considered a sign of having made it in BW. Somehow their films still have this perception of having worked for it and earned it unlike Dharma films, which because of the nepotism debate perhaps, simply don't. It seems more like candy given out. YRF has a lot of other problems in the sense that they haven't kept up with the times, but they've maintained this exclusivity. ...and they make so much money off of their studios that the films don't matter as much. Their small films have bombed badly, but that also has to do with the fact they really suck at promoting. 

I wouldn't say YRF proteges are doing badly per se -- yes perhaps in comparison to Dharma proteges. Are Ranveer and Anushka really doing that badly? Arjun has some 5 movies coming up and yes he may not be as famous as Ranbir/Varun, but he's fine where he is as a middle rung star. He's certainly better off than Sid. It's only their actresses like Parineeti and Vaani that are struggling and even someone like Parineeti managing to get films outside of YRF and without Aditya's recommendation despite a 2-3 year hiatus is saying something. 

I am one of those who felt in recent years gradually dharma overtook yrf... why do u think that is not so?
Which are the yrf big films in recent years? Dhoom series and sultan right? Any movies I am missing? 
Aren't dharma movies not only more consistent at BO but also somewhat better in quality?
Their in house directors I feel ayan and shakun are any day better than yrf directors.. 
And when it comes to Karen vs adi as directors..  even though I don't enjoy karan's movies and after some time can't rewatch them at all.. I still feel he is better than adi

Edited by minu_8 - 5 years ago
rogerrocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: minu_8

I am one of those who felt in recent years gradually dharma overtook yrf... why do u think that is not so?
Which are the yrf big films in recent years? Dhoom series and sultan right? Any movies I am missing? 
Aren't dharma movies not only more consistent at BO but also somewhat better in quality?
Their in house directors I feel ayan and shakun are any day better than yrf directors.. 
And when it comes to Karen vs adi as directors..  even though I don't enjoy karan's movies and after some time can't rewatch them at all.. I still feel he is better than adi

YRF has Shimit Amin who is greater than Ayaan and Shakun combined. And there is Dibakar too. Difference is KJo saw their potential and gave them opportunities even though their initial films weren't hits while YRF is sleeping on Shimit after Rocket Singh flopped (which is easily one of their best films in recent times).  Yet YRF somehow gives opportunities to mediocre directors like Karan Malhotra and Victor 😆 This is exactly why Adi sucks as a mentor ðŸ˜†
Edited by rogerrocks - 5 years ago
minu_8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

YRF has Shimit Amin who is greater than Ayaan and Shakun combined. And there is Dibakar too. Difference is KJo saw their potential and gave them opportunities even though their initial films weren't hits while YRF is sleeping on Shimit after Rocket Singh flopped (which is easily one of their best films in recent times).  Yet YRF somehow gives opportunities to mediocre directors like Karan Malhotra and Victor 😆 This is exactly why Adi sucks as a mentor ðŸ˜†

I forgot about shimit for obvious reasons.. I wouldn't say he is more talented that 2 very talented writer/directors combined but yes he is terrific..  but what on earth is he doing? His last film was 10 years ago.. he is not even qualified to be called yrf director anymore.. there are talentless actors like shraddha who quit yrf bcos they were not giving her quality work.. and what is stopping shimit?

Karen is a better mentor.. it's his image and alia which is perhaps responsible for lack of respect for dharma if at all.. otherwise to all his actor/directors he is a better mentor.. I see yrf being appreciated for launching actors and leaving them to their own devices. Which would have been great if they were not contract bound.. but if they r bound to do 3 films with yrf then it's their responsibility to do justice to those talents..  Which they have failed to do.. shimit is still waiting for his3rd movie .. 
Edited by minu_8 - 5 years ago
rogerrocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: minu_8

I forgot about shimit for obvious reasons.. I wouldn't say he is more talented that 2 very talented writer/directors combined but yes he is terrific..  but what on earth is he doing? His last film was 10 years ago.. he is not even qualified to be called yrf director anymore.. there are talentless actors like shraddha who quit yrf bcos they were not giving her quality work.. and what is stopping shimit?

Karen is a better mentor.. it's his image and alia which is perhaps responsible for lack of respect for dharma if at all.. otherwise to all his actor/directors he is a better mentor.. I see yrf being appreciated for launching actors and leaving them to their own devices. Which would have been great if they were not contract bound.. but if they r bound to do 3 films with yrf then it's their responsibility to do justice to those talents..  Which they have failed to do.. shimit is still waiting for his3rd movie .. 

Personally I'd rate Ab Tak Chappan, CDI and Rocket Singh over WUS, EMEAT and Kapoor and Sons (am not even including YJHD here ðŸ˜†). Which is probably why I said Shimit is better though I love Ayaan and think Shakul is really talented. Its actually beyond me how Karan Malhotra can get a big budget flick while Shimit remains jobless ðŸ˜†
Edited by rogerrocks - 5 years ago
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
^^Shimit & Shakun are definitely In the same league. Shimit is better than a lot of youngish directors, but to put poor very talented & sensitive director-writer like Shakun in the same league as silly RK-lover Ayaan, is a dis-service to Shakun. 😆 Ayaan is talented & I think he's really charming too. But pretty over-rated. Like Raju Hirani.
QueenRhaenys thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Last month there was this article about SRK,Kajol and Ranbir being part of KJo's next...

Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, and Ranbir Kapoor to star together in Karan Johar's next directorial venture, read details inside

SPEED NEWS DESK| Updated on: 8 July 2018, 11:27 IST
SRK Kajol Karan Ranbir

Since a long time, there were the rumours about casting in Karan Johar's next directorial venture and it is being told that Padmaavat actor Ranveer Singh may star in Karan Johar's next film. Then the reports were that Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety actor Kartik Aaryan may star in Karan Johar's next directorial film. But now Karan Johar himself has clear all the air and told that no actor has heard my script yet.

SRK Ranbir Kapoor

Karan Johar clearly said that he has just completed the script and he has not approached any actor yet. But reports are coming that Karan Johar has written the script keeping three leading stars of Bollywood in mind. Even it is told that the leading cast is somehow finalized and the cast is Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, and Kajol.

Actually, reports suggest that Karan Johar got a brilliant script for Ranbir Kapoor and Shah Rukh Khan just after Ae Dil Hai Mushkil only the official announcement is remaining. Karan Johar is already a king of multi-starring film genre. We have an example of the film like Kalank that is going to be made as one of the biggest multi-starrer films of Bollywood.

SRK Kajol

After Shivaay, there were lots of reports of a rift between Kajol and Karan Johar, but it looks like that Karan has decided to move from those things. This film is going to be a love triangle between Kajol, Shah Rukh, and Ranbir Kapoor.

Also Read - Sanju actor Ranbir Kapoor reveals exclusive details about his role in YRF's Shamshera

First published: 8 July 2018, 11:27 IST
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
There was an interview with Kajol during Eela promo in London and she said despite the trio SRK, KJO and her picture she was not doing a movie with them. 
 KJO better concentrate on his Mughal opus. His reputation and Dharma's is on the line. The press and public will fry him if he churns out his usual.