Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Thank you for flagging this, my dear.  It should be fascinating. I  shall watch it without fail tomorrow. Rohit would surely be excellent.

It is really  my fault. I missed the first in the series, which was on Chanakya, watched the next one on Ashoka, starring Aham Sharma. the Karna of SidT's Mahabharata, and then I  did not follow the rest. But I am sure that the whole series would be available online,and I shall see all of them ad seriatim.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: inlieu

In case you haven't seen this documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUV71PL--Zc

Rohit Purohit has always had a royal air about him. 😉

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This is the first time I hear Rohit speaking some shuddh Hindi - quite a change from all the Urdu from Razia Sultan and Porus. 

It's really nice to see that he's been trying to do different things during his career and isn't afraid to experiment. 

Originally posted by: sashashyam

Thank you for flagging this, my dear.  It should be fascinating. I  shall watch it without fail tomorrow. Rohit would surely be excellent.

It is really  my fault. I missed the first in the series, which was on Chanakya, watched the next one on Ashoka, starring Aham Sharma. the Karna of SidT's Mahabharata, and then I  did not follow the rest. But I am sure that the whole series would be available online,and I shall see all of them ad seriatim.

Shyamala Aunty

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

In case you haven't seen this documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUV71PL--Zc

Rohit Purohit has always had a royal air about him. 😉

Thanks 
Vaishnavi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Though Rohit didn't have much to do, he was impressive in his small appearances. The information about Dara Shikoh was fascinating. I was completely unaware of his idealogies and his thesis on religions. Thanks for sharing it dear. Whole of this series is worth a watch. 
inlieu thumbnail
Vaishnavi, I've been trying to look up other works of Rohit. I recently finished watching his episodes of Arjun, and it was again a very different role with different nuances that I found enjoyable. 
It is fascinating how much he's grown as an artist, something that lots of "famous" actors are unable to do after decades. 👏
Vaishnavi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Vaishnavi, I've been trying to look up other works of Rohit. I recently finished watching his episodes of Arjun, and it was again a very different role with different nuances that I found enjoyable. 

It is fascinating how much he's grown as an artist, something that lots of "famous" actors are unable to do after decades. 👏

Everything said here about him is true indeed. I also want to watch that.😊 Where can I watch Arjun and how many episodes does it have? I hugely admire series based on Crime Investigation so it would be a bonus for me. 😆 If I am not wrong, he was there only for a single season.
inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vaishnavi_

Everything said here about him is true indeed. I also want to watch that.😊 Where can I watch Arjun and how many episodes does it have? I hugely admire series based on Crime Investigation so it would be a bonus for me. 😆 If I am not wrong, he was there only for a single season.

You can find all the episodes of Arjun on Hotstar. Rohit appears from 7 Dec 2013 onwards as Karan, until the end of season 2. I only started watching from this episode on, but I hear the show itself is very interesting with Shaleen Malhotra as the main lead, Arjun. I think Rohit featured in 18 episodes. 
Edited by inlieu - 5 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
It was  really a very good show, with intelligent scripts, and a host of well etched side characters. And Sameksha plays Arjun's murdered wife Roshni, who is a  leit motif throughout the series.  Their rare scenes together were a delight to watch. 

Do  also catch Sameksha in  21 Sarfarosh: 1897 Saragarhi.  It was very good,  but not very entertaining,  and on the new Discovery Jeet, it crashed.

I watched it right thru to the end. Naturally  it did not do anything like as well as CID!

What strikes me now is how good it will be for Rohit to have got this stellar role as Alexander. I wouldn't be surprised if the payback for him is better than for the main lead Porus. In  Arjun, I really did not take him on board, so to speak, for the focus was all the time on Shaleen Malhotra. To stand out, you need footage and for the story to focus on you.  

Shyamala Aunty

You can find all the episodes of Arjun on Hotstar. Rohit appears from 7 Dec 2013 onwards as Karan, until the end of season 2. I only started watching from this episode on, but I hear the show itself is very interesting with Shaleen Malhotra as the main lead, Arjun. I think Rohit featured in 18 episodes. 

inlieu thumbnail
Totally agree! I think there was only one episode that focused on Karan (Rohit's character). However, it was good for him to take this sort of role up to remain in the public eye, and to try a non-historical show. I quite liked his character but it's not the main lead role. 

I also feel that playing Alexander is going to take him places. I hope he uses this as a springboard to get his next options lined up. What I am concerned about, though, is that it will be hard for him to come by a role that would top this one. Perhaps in movies, but he seems to prefer to continue to work on TV. Nothing wrong with that, but there is a dearth of good scripts. Perhaps he will turn to web series, and as long as it is not about experimenting with cheap stuff, which is the current trend, and which I never expect him to be interested in anyway, he should be ok. 

I just hope he won't take a 2-year break. Maybe with this exposure he won't have to. I would love it if he is offered a foreign show as well, especially a Turkish one. Now those tend to be diverse and will give him lots of visibility internationally! And if he gets something in Hollywood, even better!

Originally posted by: sashashyam

It was  really a very good show, with intelligent scripts, and a host of well etched side characters. And Sameksha plays Arjun's murdered wife Roshni, who is a  leit motif throughout the series.  Their rare scenes together were a delight to watch. 

Do  also catch Sameksha in  21 Sarfarosh: 1897 Saragarhi.  It was very good,  but not very entertaining,  and on the new Discovery Jeet, it crashed.

I watched it right thru to the end. Naturally  it did not do anything like as well as CID!

What strikes me now is how good it will be for Rohit to have got this stellar role as Alexander. I wouldn't be surprised if the payback for him is better than for the main lead Porus. In  Arjun, I really did not take him on board, so to speak, for the focus was all the time on Shaleen Malhotra. To stand out, you need footage and for the story to focus on you.  

Shyamala Aunty

Edited by inlieu - 5 years ago