Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 5 years ago
Adi/YRF has much more goodwill and power in the industry than KJo/Dharma does. I bet if Adi really wanted, he could get his proteges in those films that KJo lobbies for Alia much more easily than it was for KJo. 

rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: gilmores

Adi/YRF has much more goodwill and power in the industry than KJo/Dharma does. I bet if Adi really wanted, he could get his proteges in those films that KJo lobbies for Alia much more easily than it was for KJo. 

I think it also helps that there is a general perception of KJo being gay. So no one insinuates anything nasty about their relationship like say Adi Vaani or even KJo and his male leads. They get to maintain this cutesy papa beti image, Alia gets to date/fake date actors associated with Dharma and create the image of being most desirable. All this over and above the films. She is indeed lucky ðŸ˜†
Flame. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
I have nothing against her and even think she is talented,. But, seriously tired of seeing her in every damn film. She's literally everywhere and at this rate, the audience is bound to get bored. 
SrideviFan4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

But why do Alia and him get so defensive if someone calls them out on it? Alia wants people to simply shut up about nepotism. KJo whines and sulks for days if someone says anything about it. Even his BFF Twinkle joked on Twitter about how thank god Alia wasn't around in the 90s or KJo would have made sure no one else existed. ðŸ˜† Nobody gets this upset unless things hit close to home. 

Probably the reason why Alia is the only actor I've ever disliked, or rather hate.Her personality is so off putting.None of the other star kids have been so defensive about the nepotism discussion as much as Alia. If she doesn't think nepotism has gotten her so far in the industry, then why be so defensive about it? I remember seeing an interview of hers and Ranbir in MAMI movie mela where Ranbir spoke about how nepotism has become a sensitive topic and Alia cuts him and says irritatingly 'who is getting affected and sensitive about this'? That petty much shows her insecurity as an actor and a product of nepotism in Bollywood. 

She then talks about how she is not ashamed of being her father's daughter and the tone in which she speaks pretty much says that she definitely is affected by the nepotism conversation. And to make things worse, all these 'critics' like Masand and Anupama who once used to diss Karan's style of filmmaking have not just suddenly fallen in love with the starkids but have become their PR as well. The Alia part of the MAMI video I'm talking about has nicely been edited out of the version that's been uploaded on Masand's channel while keeping Ranbir's words intact. Thanks to the whole video on some other channel, you still can see Alia's part.

@Red- That's the thing right. When close friends accuse him of nepotism, he has no problem. In the very same season, Mira said the thing she hates about Bollywood is nepotism and Karan cheekily said that was targetted at him. Suddenly,if an outsider or someone like Kangana who he doesn't have a good relationship with speaks about the same, all hell breaks lose and he makes fun of the whole incident on an international award function.😕

BollyGlitz thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: briahna

Kirti is hot, not bland like Alia, she should be getting many offers already, especially after success of BKB. why all the gals are waiting for kjo to sign them? some of movies coming from his house are maha bekaar, and floppys. begums gori tere pyar meh and we are family were meh...

btw...I have seen kirti in BKB, she has lots of catching up to do in terms of ACTING.
she is hot, if she improves, she can become a superstar.

I honestly don't know what KJo sees in Alia..Yes she's somewhat talented but she has the same style of acting and expressions in each film. He's hyped her so much and now using her as his cash cow to get more films and make money off her. It's both a give and take situation here which is sickening because the obsession is creepy. Alia does see Kriti as a threat which I noticed right away at the IIFA press conference a year or two ago where both her and Kat royally ignored Kriti. She then went to suggest Kriti's name on Vogue BFF which was shady AF. Also when Kriti had already signed Dilwale Alia was busy spreading rumours through PR that she was going to be the first choice for the film and no one else. She was sending major feelers to Rohit Shetty but it didn't work out. And now after Bareilly  ki Barfi she's trying to ape Kritis success by running after the director. Kriti has potential and a good line up of movies so there's no dearth of offers there but it does help when you get that extra push. 

Edited by BollyGlitz - 5 years ago
pallavi25 thumbnail

I don't think people complain about Anushka and Parineeti doing YRF films as much because YRF films are all developed in-house by their own directors and writers. They then rotate the films between their in-house talents and of course they'll bring on the Khans and other actors on as needed. They also quietly do their own work, invest their own money. They don't lobby with other directors for their in house talents. Even then, Anushka has worked with every big name director in the country without Adi needing to make a single call on her behalf to any of those directors. Parineeti also had offers from reputed directors outside the YRF banner such as KJo himself, Shoojit, Homi..etc. It's another story the films didn't work out. Basically people don't see YRF "blocking" other actresses from getting work with people outside of their talent pool. 

Whereas Dharma has very very few movies that they themselves develop. Most are all co-productions that Dharma comes on board for much after the script is developed. Then they get Alia in it. For Highway, KJo did all the lobbying. Many a times the director has someone else in mind but KJo convinces them otherwise. Of course he's not obligated to work with anyone else and its his money at the end of the day and he can do whatever he wants with it

But why do Alia and him get so defensive if someone calls them out on it? Alia wants people to simply shut up about nepotism. KJo whines and sulks for days if someone says anything about it. Even his BFF Twinkle joked on Twitter about how thank god Alia wasn't around in the 90s or KJo would have made sure no one else existed. ðŸ˜† Nobody gets this upset unless things hit close to home. 

I have never ever seen anyone have it so easy in BW and so many opportunities created for anybody in BW. I doubt even Amitabh Bachchan did so much for Abhishek, and he tried everything. It doesn't mean Alia should say no to the opportunities. But her fans shouldn't behave as if she's earned it all on her own and struggled for it. KJo has literally hand-crafted her career bit by bit and done all the legwork for her. All she does is basically show up on set. She's made good use of the opportunities presented to her..good for her, but KJo will always take a big part of the credit for her career and that's no longer a matter of perception. 

@Bold: That is exactly the difference between YRF in-house talents who also get films independantly, and KJo on the other hand lobbying for Alia for every film she does
8 out of10 films she has done as heroine so far are Dharma productions or co-productions

@red: That is exactly why I find it hard to like Alia or credit her for her successes.

Samaina12 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: LiveEatLove

I knew this was coming when after BKB KJO and Aloo Rani started praising Ashwini so much...so now Papa Jo brings in her in Aloo 's resume...I feel sorry for Tapsee, Kriti, Bhumi ,Pari,Shradha...etc ...KJO will never let them have some good movies at hand...the best ones will all go to Alia.

taapsee has a horrble voice and cannot act. Bhumi has self esteem issues and she comes across as a wannabe. Parineeti and kriti are the only ones at loss. And shraddha too cannot act
Samaina12 thumbnail
If alia is getting films easily, she is also.performing them well unlike other nepo kids. 
I realized one thing about this forum. All they care about is how revealing a heroine's dresses are, how big their breasts and butt are and probably how seductive they look . I think that's what they mean by "hot"
Samaina12 thumbnail

I don't think people complain about Anushka and Parineeti doing YRF films as much because YRF films are all developed in-house by their own directors and writers. They then rotate the films between their in-house talents and of course they'll bring on the Khans and other actors on as needed. They also quietly do their own work, invest their own money. They don't lobby with other directors for their in house talents. Even then, Anushka has worked with every big name director in the country without Adi needing to make a single call on her behalf to any of those directors. Parineeti also had offers from reputed directors outside the YRF banner such as KJo himself, Shoojit, Homi..etc. It's another story the films didn't work out. Basically people don't see YRF "blocking" other actresses from getting work with people outside of their talent pool. 

Whereas Dharma has very very few movies that they themselves develop. Most are all co-productions that Dharma comes on board for much after the script is developed. Then they get Alia in it. For Highway, KJo did all the lobbying. Many a times the director has someone else in mind but KJo convinces them otherwise. Of course he's not obligated to work with anyone else and its his money at the end of the day and he can do whatever he wants with it. 

I have never ever seen anyone have it so easy in BW and so many opportunities created for anybody in BW. I doubt even Amitabh Bachchan did so much for Abhishek, and he tried everything. It doesn't mean Alia should say no to the opportunities. But her fans shouldn't behave as if she's earned it all on her own and struggled for it. KJo has literally hand-crafted her career bit by bit and done all the legwork for her. All she does is basically show up on set. She's made good use of the opportunities presented to her..good for her, but KJo will always take a big part of the credit for her career and that's no longer a matter of perception. 

can u provide their phone call records ? 
Breath-Mark thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Anushka getting big budgeted films without improving on her acting skills speaks volumes about the standard of the current actresses.  Kat we know uses her sallu connections. In her gen, most of them can't act. Or even if they do. They are typecasted or only work on female oriented films. 
Alia is young, KJo with his crazy connections makes avenues for her. 

And from her place it will get irritating to talk about nepotism cos what Amitabh did for Abhi is nepo. But he failed..just cos she succeeded and KJo is known to ditch people once they deliver flops after flops. And she is keeping her momentum and delivering. So she is deffo gonna get mad cos if she acknowledges it people will say she gets everything on a platter as if her talent isn't appreciated

But i understand how annoying nepo can be and how over exposed stars are. But she is one star i dont mind nepo and same for ranbir 
Edited by Breath-Mark - 5 years ago