sherlockthor thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
I want new people in BW.
High time
I am tired of seeing the same people over and over again
Suni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
So I guess Dharma productions is producing this movie?
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: anonymous39

Some people are born lucky and Alia is one of them. She got every opportunity handed to her but she made the most of it. She is a bonafide star - probably the biggest female star in India currently. Karan Johar is making money out of these movies so why won't he keep using her and giving her his best projects? It's profitable for him. 

Nobody is entitled to anything and Karan is not required to give movies to other actresses. He has tried this before with others too. Kareena got movie after movie from him but they all flopped so he moved on. Parineeti got multiple movies from YRF. Anushka got multiple movies from YRF too. 

Alia won't benefit from this forever as he has more girls coming up from Ananya to Jhanvi. 

There's a difference. Parineeti and Anushka used to be handed whatever movie YRF was making and needed a heroine for and never the big movies.Even the big budget YRF films she did. They made waves in much smaller, barely marketed projects. Same for Shraddha and Deepika. But they don't get cherry picked films to maintain a streak ðŸ˜›

In Alia's case, KJo actively gets heroines replaced, roles rewritten and films made from scratch. The Parineeti thing during Mr. And Mrs. Tapori was just ridiculous ðŸ˜†
VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Piyatrix

Maybe Aalia should run after Shoojit to get his next like Varun did, that's how he got October. Shoojit and Varun both confirmed this lol Aalia right now is doing quite well, I am sure she would like to work with Meghna again who not only gave her a critical but a commercial hit as well. 

Yeah Varun ran after Shoojit & lobbied hard for October, despite giving 7-8 successes back then, I am glad he did and made some "Effort" to bag a film with a credible director after working with mediocre to crappy ones through out his career

Alia ke bas ka nhi hai😆, by her own admission she never even read the scripts of Highway, Humpty, Shaandar, K&S, DZ, Badri & Brahmastra before signing them, Kjo made that "Effort" for her & cherry picked them, that's why I say no one be it outsiders or insiders is comparable to her level of privilege.

Good for she is doing well with the material she gets, but not even her naye navele fans can deny that Kjo literally controls both her personal & professional life. TBH its actually kinda sad in a way.
bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
 The Parineeti thing during Mr. And Mrs. Tapori was just ridiculous

^^what was this? 

Originally posted by: -October-

Yeah Varun ran after Shoojit & lobbied hard for October, despite giving 7-8 successes back then, I am glad he did and made some "Effort" to bag a film with a credible director after working with mediocre to crappy ones through out his career

Alia ke bas ka nhi hai😆, by her own admission she never even read the scripts of Highway, Humpty, Shaandar, K&S, DZ, Badri & Brahmastra before signing them, Kjo made that "Effort" for her & cherry picked them, that's why I say no one be it outsiders or insiders is comparable to her level of privilege.

Good for she is doing well with the material she gets, but not even her naye navele fans can deny that Kjo literally controls both her personal & professional life. TBH its actually kinda sad in a way.

The thing is Aalia is only close to Karan Johar, I have not seen her being overtly close/friendly with other industry folks cos maybe her dad Mahesh isn't very popular among them like say a David Dhawan is. So obviously her choice is limited to Dharma while other star kids have variety of options to choose from including Ranbir , Varun, Arjun etc...within this PH she has carved a special bond with Kjo, that could be her luck, goodwill whatever. And Dharma doesn't work exclusively with Aalia either, they give equal big projects to Varun as well and in future to other star kids. I'm sure looking at Aalia's recent successes more and more director, producers would like to work with her but it seems she likes to work, give her whole attention to Dharma only. Which is quite risky and courageous at the same time. 

@bold, well then she is naturally gifted, if she could perform such amazingly without reading scripts ðŸ˜†
Edited by Piyatrix - 5 years ago
piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Alia suddenly got a naya fandom it seems.Good for the girl but hope that last .
swati82 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Good for her! I don't quite understand the outrage I mean what is she meant to do, just not work with anyone good just to prove a point?
MarcoPolo008 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
she's on a roll
all the best
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
I don't think people complain about Anushka and Parineeti doing YRF films as much because YRF films are all developed in-house by their own directors and writers. They then rotate the films between their in-house talents and of course they'll bring on the Khans and other actors on as needed. They also quietly do their own work, invest their own money. They don't lobby with other directors for their in house talents. Even then, Anushka has worked with every big name director in the country without Adi needing to make a single call on her behalf to any of those directors. Parineeti also had offers from reputed directors outside the YRF banner such as KJo himself, Shoojit, Homi..etc. It's another story the films didn't work out. Basically people don't see YRF "blocking" other actresses from getting work with people outside of their talent pool. 

Whereas Dharma has very very few movies that they themselves develop. Most are all co-productions that Dharma comes on board for much after the script is developed. Then they get Alia in it. For Highway, KJo did all the lobbying. Many a times the director has someone else in mind but KJo convinces them otherwise. Of course he's not obligated to work with anyone else and its his money at the end of the day and he can do whatever he wants with it. 

But why do Alia and him get so defensive if someone calls them out on it? Alia wants people to simply shut up about nepotism. KJo whines and sulks for days if someone says anything about it. Even his BFF Twinkle joked on Twitter about how thank god Alia wasn't around in the 90s or KJo would have made sure no one else existed. ðŸ˜† Nobody gets this upset unless things hit close to home. 

I have never ever seen anyone have it so easy in BW and so many opportunities created for anybody in BW. I doubt even Amitabh Bachchan did so much for Abhishek, and he tried everything. It doesn't mean Alia should say no to the opportunities. But her fans shouldn't behave as if she's earned it all on her own and struggled for it. KJo has literally hand-crafted her career bit by bit and done all the legwork for her. All she does is basically show up on set. She's made good use of the opportunities presented to her..good for her, but KJo will always take a big part of the credit for her career and that's no longer a matter of perception. 
Edited by gilmores - 5 years ago