Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 5 years ago
The only remaining directors for Alia:
ALR -- busy with SRK
Shoojit -- I don't know what he's doing next
Vishal Bhardwaj -- going through a career lull so not going to happen
Hirani -- doesn't write strong female roles so probably not going to happen. 

Sharat Katariya -- YRF director so unlikely for the time being
Ram Madhvani who is busy with a web series I think
Tumhari Sulu director ..

KJo has a lot of work ahead of him

Edited by gilmores - 5 years ago
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: gilmores

ALR -- busy with SRK

Tumhari Sulu director ..

Shimit Amin-YRF and he is jobless since forever so it might not happen
Rajamouli- This might happen sometime in the future ðŸ˜†
KJo himself- He knows he is too mediocre right now for Aloo. So he gets people Ash and Anu instead. Smart guy ðŸ¤£
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
^^ Agree, Kjo as director philhal Alia ke layak nahi hai🤣

And I have feeling that Alia's downfall will start with a Kjo directed movie😆
briahna thumbnail

Originally posted by: SrideviFan4ever

Either I'm unable to gauge your sarcasm or you're failing at it. I seriously don't understand what you're trying to say.😆

Also, I don't get why Janhvi comes into any rebuttal involving my discussion over nepotism debate nowadays. Because I'm a Sridevi fan? For me, Janvhi remains to be a product of nepotism like Alia. I'm definitely interested in seeing how she performs in her first film and whether she is able to carry forward her mom's legacy but that's about it. If tomorrow, Kjo keeps on pushing Janhvi down everyone's throat, I'm going to say the same about her.

😆 no failing, floppy kaho. yeah I just flopped.

now going to take floppy to next level...this might turn to be the biggest flop.

a bit off topic...time for a confession, I am going to see Race 3 on big screen.
I see all movies of Salman bhai in theaters, even he is a convicted felon and I am not ashamed.
no criminals, nepotism, politics, floppys declared by critics, nothing can stop me from watching movies...come Friday, I walk to theaters and watch it. i shut my eyes, ears, and just focus on big screen. i don't even think that, btw...he/she is kiddo of kjo...or he just killed a deer, nope i stay focussed on screen.

all this shoving down the throat, boycott movies of criminals, kjo daddy, lets keep it at IF.Edited by briahna - 5 years ago

ALR -- busy with SRK

Tumhari Sulu director ..

Shoojit - NO! Highly unlikely. Kjo or Alia. Neither can't convince him for such thing. Firstly Shoojit will always work under Rising Sun Films. And they dislike promotions and all. They won't ever collaborate with any production house. Given Shoojit mostly works under Ronnie's budget and Juhi's script.  I recall Juhi's interview where she mention a big Bollywood director/producer offered her to write a script and she refused as she didn't write scripts accordance to time given. Varun was just lucky to score the role and so was PCjr and Deepika. Otherwise we see Ranbir's PR always spreading news that he will sign Shoojit's next and also seen wandering around his office too. Anyway their next is a biopic.

Hirani - VVC and Kjo don't get along. Hirani will only work with Alia if he wants to. And at this current state. Hirani will go with Kangana. But that sad his next is Munnabhai 3. And Vidhu Vinod Chopra makes the final call.

Sharat - Exclusive to YRF. Anushka, Bhumi or Pari will get his next but not Alia. It seems not many big production house offers Alia any films. 

Vishal - Again doesn't collaborate with anyone unless they distribute the film. And Dharma doesn't. In past it was with Eros and UTV, his next is with Fox or AA films. 

Anand L Rai - very much possible but let's see if Zero delivers. Otherwise Kjo will ignore him like Kabir Khan. 

And by the time most of these above films are done. Alia will see a competition in form by new girls. Someone was right but Janhvi and Sara are going to be her true competitors and even Ananya.
Edited by .Kalank. - 5 years ago
hard-09 thumbnail
After reading all the comments,  seems like kjo is super rich and powerful in Bollywood. 
For a gay/non hetero person to be so successful in a country like India, I have to appreciate him! 
As for topic,  I really like Alia as an actor(not a fan yet)  so can't complain 

Originally posted by: .Kalank.

Shoojit - NO! Highly unlikely. Kjo or Alia. Neither can't convince him for such thing. Firstly Shoojit will always work under Rising Sun Films. And they dislike promotions and all. They won't ever collaborate with any production house. Given Shoojit mostly works under Ronnie's budget and Juhi's script.  I recall Juhi's interview where she mention a big Bollywood director/producer offered her to write a script and she refused as she didn't write scripts accordance to time given. Varun was just lucky to score the role and so was PCjr and Deepika. Otherwise we see Ranbir's PR always spreading news that he will sign Shoojit's next and also seen wandering around his office too. Anyway their next is a biopic anyway.

Hirani - VVC and Kjo don't get along. Hirani will only work with Alia if he wants to. And at this current state. Hirani will go with Kangana. But that sad his next is Munnabhai 3. And Vidhu Vinod Chopra makes the final call.

Sharat - Exclusive to YRF. Anushka, Bhumi or Pari will get his next but not Alia. It seems not many big production house offers Alia any films. 

Vishal - Again doesn't collaborate with anyone unless they distribute the film. And Dharma doesn't. In past it was with Eros and UTV, his next is with Fox or AA films. 

Anand L Rai - very much possible but let's see if Zero delivers. Otherwise Kjo will ignore him like Kabir Khan. 

Maybe Aalia should run after Shoojit to get his next like Varun did, that's how he got October. Shoojit and Varun both confirmed this lol Aalia right now is doing quite well, I am sure she would like to work with Meghna again who not only gave her a critical but a commercial hit as well. 
Suni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ght_shona_4evr

A while back, rumours were rife of a
collaboration between Alia Bhatt and Bareilly
Ki Barfi's director Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari.
In some good news, Alia will indeed be
working with Ashwiny as confirmed by Alia
herself. The actor spoke to Hindustan Times
about working with Ashwiny and said, "I am
definitely going to do a film with Ashwiny
because she is a fabulous director. The film
is sort of confirmed, but I am not saying it
myself, as there will be an official
announcement soon."
Talking further about how she is stepping
away from serious movies like Raazi and
Udta Punjab, Alia added, "They [Ashwiny and
the film's makers] have brought an
extremely fun concept to me. I am very
excited, as that's going to be my breakaway
film from all the serious ones [that I am
doing]. Ab main ek lighthearted film karne
waali hun.
"
Are you excited to see Alia in Ashwiny's
next? Let us know in the comments below.
Meanwhile, Alia's latest outing Raazi which
also stars Vicky Kaushal and is directed by
Meghna Gulzar is exceeding expectations at
the box-office and has been declared a hit.
Raazi, which released on May 11, 2018, is
based on Harinder Sikka's best-selling novel,
Calling Sehmat.
Earlier, Alia revealed to Filmfare about how it
was emotionally exhausting shooting for
Raazi. Alia said, "It was exhausting. But
that's also why I chose it. There were days
when I'd be thinking, 'Oh my god! Aj yeh
scenes hai'! I had to build up strength and
emotion. That feeling is scary. But it's also
addictive. When you move past that feeling,
you give your best. Whether it was during
Udta Punjab, Dear Zindagi or Raazi. Coming
back to the earlier question, I don't know if I
identified with the girl. She's an extremely
brave girl. I'm not saying I'm not brave. But
I'm not that brave. I can't just drop
everything."
"I was going through a unique time when I
started shooting for Raazi. It was a new
lonesome period. I had begun to enjoy my
solitude. I kind of detached myself from the
world. So much that I would leave my phone
behind in my van. The film gave me a lot of
silence and time with myself, which helped
me grow," Alia added.
CREDITS: HINDUSTAN TIMES.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/news/alia-bhatt-confirms-starring-ashwiny-iyer-tiwaris-next-says-its-extremely-fun-concept-412095.

I guess Dharma productions is producing the movie?

Originally posted by: Piyatrix

Maybe Aalia should run after Shoojit to get his next like Varun did, that's how he got October. Shoojit and Varun both confirmed this lol Aalia right now is doing quite well, I am sure she would like to work with Meghna again who not only gave her a critical but a commercial hit as well. 

As I said Varun got lucky. Shoojit's next 2 are male centric films. And I am sure Shoojit said he was after clumsy and young guy for the role. And Varun got without any connections. Now I am sure you must've read that part also. And that Shoojit took him without watching any work of his besides a glimpse of Badlapur. If lucky Alia can run after the female lead role. Otherwise it may stay out of reach for her. And Again it's only Dharma film she does unless Big PH offers her a film
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

ALR -- busy with SRK

Tumhari Sulu director ..

You are listing directors who have the clout to get a big budget flm made on their own and are definitely not KJo's friends...

The Ritesh Batra film that was to happen after The Lunchbox is still pending...