Alia Bhatt confirms starring in Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari's next; says it's - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 5 years ago
Alia's competition will come from within the industry, Jahnvi, Sara if either of them is half decent and becomes popular, they will eat her projects.  Edited by Piyatrix - 5 years ago
briahna thumbnail

Originally posted by: SrideviFan4ever

Even if there are other production houses, their films untimately go to Alia since Dharma has started co producing with all the other major production houses in Bollywood. He even went and associated himself with an indie production house like Phantom for Shandaar that starred Alia.(He used to earlier dislike indie directors like Anurag kashyap who owns Phantom). I remember reading that Nadiadwala had the rights of 2 States and it was Kjo who approached him to make the film with Abhishek varman who was his AD. Also,this was what Kjo had said about casting for 2 States

<font size="2"> </font>
<font size="2">
</font>
<font size="2">https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Sajid-Nadiadwala-Karan-Johar-2-States-We-are-both-mamas-boys-Sajid-Nadiadwala-and-Karan-Johar/articleshow/33502353.cms</font>

And not just 2 States, every single movie of Alia's that Dharma has produced has been a co-production with another production house in Bollywood.

Maybe the reason other girls are not signed by these companies is because they sadly miss the bus due to such co productions.

thanks for the details, appreciated.

wow I never knew that other girls are suffering cos of kjo and alia bhatt.

ok...if alia is the biggest problem for other girls then I hope all her movies start bombing. should I also hope and pray that as an artist, actor, she becomes floppy too, so other gals can zoom ahead of her ...I am talking in terms of acting. same as ranbir, a very good artist, but just cos he is beta of rish and neetu, he is still around, getting movies.
lets all pray that performances of alia bhatt is not appreciated by janta and critics and it will clear the road for the other gals. damn...begum was also princess of kjo...but look at her lame movies from the production house.

btw..should I also pray that anyone signed by kjo becomes a big floppy, so he doesn't repeat them over and over.
how about he did favor for legend for Sridevi by signing Jhanvi. if tomorrow she scores big, and kjo starts giving her goodies, I meant lots of movies, should I pray that she flops?

I would appreciate if someone give a list of actors, actresses, star kids kjo is promoting. I want all of them to become floppy.

also...how about bhansali...any chance for other girls?
I know he gets stuck with one or two ladies.
first ash- 3 movies, and then dips-3movies.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
where does it mention that karan johar is producing it? 
at this stage of her career where she has 5 back to back successes..awards..critical acclaim..with gigantic success in raazi..you all really think that still if any director wants to cast her that is solely coz of karan? if yes..i cannot help arguing..

she has at this point proved her mettle enough (yes she was given lots of opportunities etc) but at this point she stands tall having nailed those opportunities

the reactions are exaggerated as if she has only given flops and been constantly criticized for acting..none happens the case

karan johar is not producing only for alia to shine..he bloody mints money with those movies doing well

and lastly..kriti who? alia who gave raazi which happens to be the 2nd highest grossing female centric movie ..would care about kriti's success in an average grossing movie like BKB..kriti is not even in top 10..
Some people are born lucky and Alia is one of them. She got every opportunity handed to her but she made the most of it. She is a bonafide star - probably the biggest female star in India currently. Karan Johar is making money out of these movies so why won't he keep using her and giving her his best projects? It's profitable for him. 

Nobody is entitled to anything and Karan is not required to give movies to other actresses. He has tried this before with others too. Kareena got movie after movie from him but they all flopped so he moved on. Parineeti got multiple movies from YRF. Anushka got multiple movies from YRF too. 

Alia won't benefit from this forever as he has more girls coming up from Ananya to Jhanvi. 
Edited by anonymous39 - 5 years ago
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Biggest star ðŸ¤£
Remove Kjo from her filmography and she will be zero 

Punjab, Meghalaya elections jeetne se Rahul Gandhi #1 Politician nahin ban sakta 

Alia is Bollywood's Rahul Gandhi 
briahna thumbnail
btw..those who have seen the movie...I don't know youz will agree with me or not...I think alia was brilliant, but there is still room to top this performance.

i am eagerly waiting for Kangana in her next. only she is capable of topping this performance.
i am also waiting for anu's sui dhaga, i have seen some shots from the movie, looks good.

any other performance to look forward to, c'mon i love surprises...i wish some unknown comes and nails it. i will jump the bandwagon, that much i am capable of doing.
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

Biggest star🤣

Remove Kjo from her filmography and she will be zero

Punjab, Meghalaya elections jeetne se Rahul Gandhi #1 Politician nahin ban sakta

Alia is Bollywood's Rahul Gandhi

Come on pappu se compare karne se toh accha tha Alia ko gaali de deti.

And Papu didn't win shit here in Meghalaya.
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Why is it always one extreme or the other? Karan Johar makes sure Alia gets the best films by actively lobbying and offering to co produce the films. And Alia in turn makes good use of the opportunities. I don't think the two factors are mutually exclusive. Alia is neither the best actress ever nor is she is bland and mediocre. She is somewhere in between and that is where most mainstream stars are anyway. It is a combination of blatant nepotism and talent which is why she has sustained. It's unfair to a lot of her contemporaries that they don't even get an opportunity to perform and prove their mettle. But credit to Alia, she is good. She has great screen presence and does a good job with what's given to her 8 out of 10 times. We neither have to be blind and declare that KJo has nothing to do with it  and Alia is the best ever nor do we have to completely discredit Alia and make it look like KJo is forcing people to like her ðŸ˜†
Edited by rogerrocks - 5 years ago
SrideviFan4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: briahna

wow I never knew that other girls are suffering cos of kjo and alia bhatt.

ok...if alia is the biggest problem for other girls then I hope all her movies start bombing. should I also hope and pray that as an artist, actor, she becomes floppy too, so other gals can zoom ahead of her ...I am talking in terms of acting. same as ranbir, a very good artist, but just cos he is beta of rish and neetu, he is still around, getting movies.
lets all pray that performances of alia bhatt is not appreciated by janta and critics and it will clear the road for the other gals. damn...begum was also princess of kjo...but look at her lame movies from the production house.

btw..should I also pray that anyone signed by kjo becomes a big floppy, so he doesn't repeat them over and over.
how about he did favor for legend for Sridevi by signing Jhanvi. if tomorrow she scores big, and kjo starts giving her goodies, I meant lots of movies, should I pray that she flops?

I would appreciate if someone give a list of actors, actresses, star kids kjo is promoting. I want all of them to become floppy.

also...how about bhansali...any chance for other girls?
I know he gets stuck with one or two ladies.
first ash- 3 movies, and then dips-3movies.

Either I'm unable to gauge your sarcasm or you're failing at it. I seriously don't understand what you're trying to say. ðŸ˜†

Also, I don't get why Janhvi comes into any rebuttal involving my discussion over nepotism debate nowadays. Because I'm a Sridevi fan? For me, Janvhi remains to be a product of nepotism like Alia. I'm definitely interested in seeing how she performs in her first film and whether she is able to carry forward her mom's legacy but that's about it. If tomorrow, Kjo keeps on pushing Janhvi down everyone's throat, I'm going to say the same about her. 
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Why is it always one extreme or the other? Karan Johar makes sure Alia gets the best films by actively lobbying and offering to co produce the films. And Alia in turn makes good use of the opportunities. I don't think the two factors are mutually exclusive. Alia is neither the best actress ever nor is she is bland and mediocre. She is somewhere in between and that is where most mainstream stars are anyway. It is a combination of blatant nepotism and talent which is why she has sustained. It's unfair to a lot of her contemporaries that they don't even get an opportunity to perform and prove their mettle. But credit to Alia, she is good. She has great screen presence and does a good job with what's given to her 8 out of 10 times. We neither have to be blind and declare that KJo has nothing to do with it and Alia is the best ever nor do we have to completely discredit Alia and make it look like KJo is forcing people to like her😆

as always on point and logical.