Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: ImagineMe

Papaji ensures every credible female director will center a movie around Alia. 👏

Gauri, Meghna, Zoya, Ashwini...  👏

mentor ho to aisa!

papa johar surely puts his (in)famous cousin to shame 👍🏼 adi sucks as a mentor 🥱
LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I knew this was coming when after BKB KJO and Aloo Rani started praising Ashwini so much...so now Papa Jo brings in her in Aloo 's resume...I feel sorry for Tapsee, Kriti, Bhumi ,Pari,Shradha...etc ...KJO will never let them have some good movies at hand...the best ones will all go to Alia.
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The way Alia is getting every other movie ...looks like i will have to stop watching BW soon due to lack of choice 😔 
BollyGlitz thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveEatLove

I knew this was coming when after BKB KJO and Aloo Rani started praising Ashwini so much...so now Papa Jo brings in her in Aloo 's resume...I feel sorry for Tapsee, Kriti, Bhumi ,Pari,Shradha...etc ...KJO will never let them have some good movies at hand...the best ones will all go to Alia.

It's sad because there are alot of actresses that have the potential but aren't doing so well because the lack of opportunities. Alia can win as many accolades as she wants just to get in the books but her career doesn't excite me one bit. It's so predictable that she's going to get the best projects and it's more hype than anything else. Her name is permanently attached to KJO so that automatically generates interest in whatever she does so people go run and see what the hype is all about. She's no Sridevi, Kajol or Karishma when it comes to acting. She's just ok. 
LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: BollyGlitz

It's sad because there are alot of actresses that have the potential but aren't doing so well because the lack of opportunities. Alia can win as many accolades as she wants just to get in the books but her career doesn't excite me one bit. It's so predictable that she's going to get the best projects and it's more hype than anything else. Her name is permanently attached to KJO so that automatically generates interest in whatever she does so people go run and see what the hype is all about. She's no Sridevi, Kajol or Karishma when it comes to acting. She's just ok. 

Directors like Meghna , Ashwini have the capacity to bring out the better of the actor...I mean if other female actors do not get some of these golden opportunities then how will they even prove themselves? 
And to shut netizens who speak of the privileges Alia has, BO records will be thrown on their faces, oh well, argument toh wahi pe khatam...
Edited by LiveEatLove - 5 years ago
pallavi25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SrideviFan4ever

And before anyone jumps at you saying 'Is Kjo putting a gun on their head to cast Alia' , no, he is not putting a gun on their head, he is giving them ready made finance to produce the film which any director would take unless he/she is adamant of his personal casting.

Thanks 😆
Yes of course, with KJo throwing his considerable finances at these successful directors, they would agree to cast Alia in their projects. 
Its so unfair on the other young heroines, like Kriti, Tapsee, Pari, Yami, Ileana, who are missing out on good projects, challenging roles,  because KJo is reserving ALL of them for his Aloo baby 🥱
Frankly speaking, I find KJo's obsession with Alia rather weird and sickening.
And I'm really tired of seeing Alia's face in every 2nd movie. 
Edited by pallavi25 - 5 years ago
briahna thumbnail
great! I just google about Ashwiny, and she directed BKB.

anyways...is there only production house in Bollywood, Kjo production house? I know he is obsessed and focused on alia only, but what about other production houses, how come other girls are not signed by them?
Kirti is hot, not bland like Alia, she should be getting many offers already, especially after success of BKB. why all the gals are waiting for kjo to sign them? some of movies coming from his house are maha bekaar, and floppys. begums gori tere pyar meh and we are family were meh...

and how come kjo's other obsession, sid is a floppy already? kjo has been promoting him. how come abhishek is a floppy after given 101 opportunities, he was given a special role in kank by kjo for revival.

btw...I have seen kirti in BKB, she has lots of catching up to do in terms of ACTING.
she is hot, if she improves, she can become a superstar.

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: briahna

anyways...is there only production house in Bollywood, Kjo production house? I know he is obsessed and focused on alia only, but what about other production houses, how come other girls are not signed by them?
Kirti is hot, not bland like Alia, she should be getting many offers already, especially after success of BKB. why all the gals are waiting for kjo to sign them? some of movies coming from his house are maha bekaar, and floppys. begums gori tere pyar meh and we are family were meh...

and how come kjo's other obsession, sid is a floppy already? kjo has been promoting him. how come abhishek is a floppy after given 101 opportunities, he was given a special role in kank by kjo for revival.

btw...I have seen kirti in BKB, she has lots of catching up to do in terms of ACTING.

You can only improve when you actually get opportunities to act... How many movies give good roles to females (and I'm not taking abt only women centric ones)... Chaar gaane, ek scene wali picture mein se kya sekhenge???... 

The only good thing is that alia is at least making full use of the opportunities... She is not like those star kids that have zero talent... But still it gets damn boring to see alia in everything remotely interesting... 
SrideviFan4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: briahna

Even if there are other production houses, their films untimately go to Alia since Dharma has started co producing with all the other major production houses in Bollywood. He even went and associated himself with an indie production house like Phantom for Shandaar that starred Alia.(He used to earlier dislike indie directors like Anurag kashyap who owns Phantom). I remember reading that Nadiadwala had the rights of 2 States and it was Kjo who approached him to make the film with Abhishek varman who was his AD. Also,this was what Kjo had said about casting for 2 States

Arjun is someone who both of us knew, as we both know his family and he had assisted me on Kal Ho Naa Ho and Alia was our in-house talent. We have had just half-an- hour meetings and everything would get solved.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Sajid-Nadiadwala-Karan-Johar-2-States-We-are-both-mamas-boys-Sajid-Nadiadwala-and-Karan-Johar/articleshow/33502353.cms

And not just 2 States, every single movie of Alia's that Dharma has produced has been a co-production with another production house in Bollywood. 

Maybe the reason other girls are not signed by these companies is because they sadly miss the bus due to such co productions.
-raVen- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She is ambitious and successful ,  has the BO pull which she has proved woth Raazi so its not a surprise that female oriented roles are coming to her.  It's just a business , you will invest where you get profit .
Looking forward to this movie . 

Edited by -raVen- - 5 years ago