Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
Fawad can act and his forte is grey shaded characters. His character Zaroon at the beginning of the show was MCP but his acting made me like him. 
I believe he was popular among drama Indian watchers.  Whether he would have become popular with movie watchers who knows. He was the best part of Kapoor and sons along with Rathna Patak.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: rbpll

Okay so again a fawad topic and IF-vaasis has started with their valuable opinion. 

No doubt Fawad has old-school charm, looks to die for and baritone voice (not everyone have to like that) and most importantly he can act but being myself a Fawad fan I believe that he is still limited as Bollywood Commercial Hero. He is more of a character artist as someone one pointed in comments he is good for Vishal Bhardwaj kind of  movies. 

Because Bollywood hero not only act but dances with hundreds of back dancers, fights illogical action scenes, romance with heroine in foreign location, flaunts his six-pack abs and in current times have lots of kissing and hot scenes. Fawad lacks in those departments. 

Besides that, superstar era has gone from Bollywood. Gone are the days when every actor has his own signature styles for dancing, acting, and dialogue delivery. These 3 khans from 90's were the last superstars. 

Fawad cannot dance and wont be able to do action like Tiger. Dancing and action are the two main requirements for a mass hero in India and Fawad doesnt fit the bill there. But BW sorely lacks star-actors. We either have stars or we have actors but not both. He would have fit right in with Vishal Bharadwaj and Kapoor & Sons sort of movies. And he could have revived romantic movies genre which has died down due to lack of anyone else as yet who can take over SRK's mantle. 
Shooting.Star thumbnail
Fawad is a good actor!

I don't get it, how comes signer are allowed to sing for BW films but Pakistani actors are banned to work in BW industry. ๐Ÿค”

Atif and Rahat are still working for BW, i.e. Recently recorded songs for Salman's and Varun's films.
Shooting.Star thumbnail

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

Vishal is attending PIFF, so he is obliged to mention about Pak artists.

In Bollywood, unfortunately romantic heroes don't have long run. Rajesh Khanna was the last. In the last decade, all chocolate heroes (Shahid, Imran Khan) have melted like chocolates in Sun. Fawad would never have been a superstar.
Anyway, how is he doing in Pak now?

SRK is the most recent romantic hero in BW (his almost whole fimography has romantic hero/Chocolate boy roles). ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shooting.Star

Fawad is a good actor!

I don't get it, how comes signer are allowed to sing for BW films but Pakistani actors are banned to work in BW industry. ๐Ÿค”

Atif and Rahat are still working for BW, i.e. Recently recorded songs for Salman's and Varun's films.

Its the hypocrisy of Bollywood. They are fine as long as Pakistanis are only heard and not seen. I also read that Pakistani singers dont get credit for their songs in many cases. So I would fault the singers too who just for the sake of money are willing to work under any circumstances. Both Atif and Rahat are successful and probably have lot of money already so I dont understand the desperation to sing in BW. 
MeDhakkanHu thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheRager

Its the hypocrisy of Bollywood. They are fine as long as Pakistanis are only heard and not seen. I also read that Pakistani singers dont get credit for their songs in many cases. So I would fault the singers too who just for the sake of money are willing to work under any circumstances. Both Atif and Rahat are successful and probably have lot of money already so I dont understand the desperation to sing in BW. 

@bold actually Atif's name wasn't mentioned when one of his songs released but Amaal Malik who's the music director had mentioned Atif as the singer in his tweet 

Shooting.Star thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheRager

But does that mean these Pakistani's celebs are not allowed to visit India or they just get work permit visa for India, based on what they will be doing in India? It's just all confusing because both singing and films come under Bollywood, so why differentiate it. :/

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

Vishal is attending PIFF, so he is obliged to mention about Pak artists. 

In Bollywood, unfortunately romantic heroes don't have long run. Rajesh Khanna was the last. In the last decade, all chocolate heroes (Shahid, Imran Khan) have melted like chocolates in Sun. Fawad would never have been a superstar. 
Anyway, how is he doing in Pak now?

he is working on a movie maula jatt part 3..where he will be playing role of late actor who played maula jatt..it is a sophisticated romantic role

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Yeah.  Something Shakespearean!

And VB has always been outspoken. He even supported padmavati on record.
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: MeDhakkanHu

@bold actually Atif's name wasn't mentioned when one of his songs released but Amaal Malik who's the music director had mentioned Atif as the singer in his tweet 

Yes like Varun didn't tag RFAK for the October song when he tagged everyone else. It's so insulting that someone so junior like Varun not acknowledging him. But the others associated with the film did. This is one example. There are many such examples. Though these days music directors and music companies acknowledge them.