Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: HitchHiker_

Fawad was hugely popular...  much more than any other Pakistani artist has ever been...  Whether he would have become a superstar in India is something that we will never find out... So who knows?

In any case, the era of superstars is over.. After the Khans (Salman, SRK and Aamir) there is really nobody who we can call a superstar...  

If VB had collaborated with Fawad.. it would have been a dream come true for me

Yes!๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Peanutbolt thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
feels like fawad is losing his looks these days, he is becoming bloated isn't he ? wondered if he is doing well ?
flipfl0p thumbnail

Originally posted by: U_R_MY_BITCH

Baaghi be Kiya beegara hai?
Or you want us to drool on Fawad.

I meant, writing tons on some will not make him superstar. If superstardom was judged by amount of fan's writing, so many TV heroes would have been superstars. But it is judged by whether "men" are ready to spend money to see you in a movie. 

Question is, how many men want to watch Fawad's movie? Then question changes to, can Fawad act in a movie like Wanted/Sigham? If he cannot, then (however good actor one might be) don't dream of stardom. This is the reason why people like RS are ahead of Ranbir. (We can't even imagine Ranbir with Shetty). 
flipfl0p thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheRager

The last romantic was/is SRK. Shahid or Imran or anyone else doesnt have that charm. I dont have to once again repeat what a long career SRK enjoyed and still enjoys at the top. Its no surprise that despite this being Salman's golden run or Aamir being the BO king every newcomer or so called upcoming superstar wants to be the next SRK. There are only limited popular genres in TV/films and any master of those genres would prosper. Romantic films have not been successful lately as SRK has aged and no one else can match up to him and not because romance is dead as a genre. 

Romance was not the only fort of Sharukh. He grew as an anti hero with Baazigar, Durr, Anjaam. Yes he became romantic hero later. Later, that's what restricted him over other Khans (who actually started off as chocolate heroes and then branched out). 
Rajesh Khanna strictly limited himself with romantic genre (cannot think of any action movie) and his peak phase was much shorter compared to other superstars.

Maaya_Memsaab thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: missandei

One flop khoobsurat one 2 hero movie one cameo n he is a superstar in India lol what is vb smoking? Aathiya sooraj harsh daisy are all megastars then

Exactly! Nowadays the term 'superstar' lost its real meaning.. any aera geras are called superstars. 

1 flop Khubsoorat which was a Sonam Kapoor movie/show with Fawad playing a flowerpot role.. in 1 movie he played the second lead to Sid Mal & he's being called 'superstar'.. tauba hai! ๐Ÿ˜†

But then Barun Sobti is also termed as superstar.. so there we have it. Typical fangirls. ๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by _Bitchaari_Bahu - 6 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
While Fawad was popular and managed to impress the right influential people, I highly doubt he would have become a superstar or gone further than he really did tbh. He was limited in terms of being a typical commercial hero (and I'm not referring to action) ... and that requirement isn't really about to change anytime soon. 
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Peanutbolt

feels like fawad is losing his looks these days, he is becoming bloated isn't he ? wondered if he is doing well ?

He had put on weight for a movie he was shooting...
Some of his recent pictures... 

rbpll thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Okay so again a fawad topic and IF-vaasis has started with their valuable opinion. 
No doubt Fawad has old-school charm, looks to die for and baritone voice (not everyone have to like that) and most importantly he can act but being myself a Fawad fan I believe that he is still limited as Bollywood Commercial Hero. He is more of a character artist as someone one pointed in comments he is good for Vishal Bhardwaj kind of  movies. 

Because Bollywood hero not only act but dances with hundreds of back dancers, fights illogical action scenes, romance with heroine in foreign location, flaunts his six-pack abs and in current times have lots of kissing and hot scenes. Fawad lacks in those departments. 

Besides that, superstar era has gone from Bollywood. Gone are the days when every actor has his own signature styles for dancing, acting, and dialogue delivery. These 3 khans from 90's were the last superstars. 
TheRager thumbnail

Romance was not the only fort of Sharukh. He grew as an anti hero with Baazigar, Durr, Anjaam. Yes he became romantic hero later. Later, that's what restricted him over other Khans (who actually started off as chocolate heroes and then branched out). 
Rajesh Khanna strictly limited himself with romantic genre (cannot think of any action movie) and his peak phase was much shorter compared to other superstars.

SRK proved to be an all rounder with anti hero roles. But he really was and still is a romantic hero which is proving to his limitation due to age factor.
Rajesh Khanna's downfall happened due to ageing and unprofessionalism. During his time BW folks didnt have botox and other procedures to look young. By the time any hero hit their late 30s their careers would be over. Rajesh Khanna compounded the problem with his very infamous unpressionalism. Govinda too later had the same problem. 
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: HitchHiker_

He had put on weight for a movie he was shooting...
Some of his recent pictures... 

Though the weight gain was for a movie I didnt like the way he was looking. Thankfully he is losing it now. Due to his diabetes I guess he cant go for drastic weight loss and gain procedures.