Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
If we follow a religion, it means we believe in God. If we believe in God then only he has the right to bring any changes if needed. We humans are no one to do so as per our convenience. If you think time has changed and rules should also change then it's wrong. If God wants to bring any change, he will definitely do it. 
Free_Rein thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MuratHayat

Would like to mention few verses from Quran for better understanding. Hope no one minds😊
Those who don't know islam assume that islam was invented by prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). 
Islam means submission to our creator, Allah (swt). Creator of seven heavens and earth and everything between. It is not prophet who sat down and wrote Quran. It was Allah, the god. the creator of everything who revealed it to his last and final messenger.

Before prophet Muhammad,  Allah sent his messengers from time to time. Starting with Prophet Noah as mentioned in Quran , Allah sent his revelations i.e, holy scriptures. 

"Verily, We have sent the Revelation to you (O Muhammad) as We sent the Revelation to Nooh (Noah) and the Prophets after him

Quran [al-Nisa' 4:163] 

The list of prophets in chronological order: (peace be upon all of them)

These are the names mentioned in quran

Adam

Abel (Hbl)

Enoch (Idris)

Noah (Nuh)

Hud 

Saleh

Abraham (Ibrhm)

Ishmael (Ism'l)

Isaac (Isq)

Jacob (Yaqub)

Joseph (Yusuf)

Lot (Lut)

Job (Ayub)

Jethro (Shoaib)

Aaron (Harun)

Moses (Musa)

Joshua (Yusha Bin Nun)

Khidr

Samuel (Syamuil)

David (Daud)

Solomon (Sulayman)

Ezra (Uzair)

Elijah (Ilyas)

Elisha (Al-Yasa)[11][19]

Jonah (Yunus)[11][19]

Isaiah[11]

Jeremiah[11]

Ezekiel (Dhul-Kifl)[11][89]

Daniel (Daniyal)[11][99]

Zechariah (Zakariya)[11][19]

John (the Baptist) (Yahya)[11][103]

Isa (Jesus of Nazareth)[11][106]

Muhammad - the last prophet of God

The reason of me mentioning all this is god sent his message to mankind from era to era but other holy scriptures revealed prior to Prophet Muhammad were either lost or had missing parts or fabricated. 
Even to prophet Muhammad PBUH , Quran was not revealed at once. It was revealed over a period of years. AS Allah says in Quran:
"And (it is) a Quran which We have divided (into parts), in order that you might recite it to men at intervals. And We have revealed it by stages. [17:106]. 
Allah says in Quran that he sent Quran as guidance for mankind till the end of the world. Allah even says in Quran that he has perfected the religion for mankind

"This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you

Quran [al-Maa'idah 5:3]

To understand Quran better we read even books called as Hadeeth that helps in better understanding of Quran and even teaches many aspects of life and etiquette. You will be surprised to know the details mentioned in respect to different aspects of life...business, money, rules of transactions, marriage, sex, dressing, eating, etc... 
Important to know is whether it be Quran or hadith it is by Allah's knowledge not invented by Prophet Muhammad PBUH
Allah says in Quran

"Nor does he (Prophet) speak of (his own) desire.

It is but a revelation revealed"

Quran [an-Najm 53:3-4]

And many ask practicing muslims why do they ardently follow prayers, fasting and islamic rules. When our creator himself has made clear again and again Quran that nobody can comprehend his knowledge then who is man to question his rules. But that doesn't mean blindly following things as Allah even says seek truth, seek wisdom. 

"And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)) gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it) , and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment

Quran [al-Hashr 59:7]

"Say: "Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, but if you turn away, he (Messenger Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)) is only responsible for the duty placed on him (i.e. to convey Allah's Message) and you for that placed on you. If you obey him, you shall be on the right guidance. The Messengers duty is only to convey (the message) in a clear way (i.e. to preach in a plain way)

Quran [an-Noor 24:54]

Most important which even ignorant muslims themselves don't adhere to is seeking knowledge and seeking truth. 

Allah says in Quran to seek knowledge for example the verses:

"and say: My Lord! Increase me in knowledge'

[Ta-Ha 20:114] 

Allaah praises the scholars, as He says (interpretation of the meaning): 

"Say: Are those who know equal to those who know not?' It is only men of understanding who will remember (i.e. get a lesson from Allh's Signs and Verses)

[al-Zumar 39:9] 

Lastly, people mix culture with religion. Islam is universal and culture is obviously not and many weird practices seen are culture based.

Thanks for sharing:)

What do you think of "Triple Talaq"?I mean is it CULTURE or  following RELIGION?
What is your opinion about this show?Are they going right way?or any loopholes are there?
who do you support more? Zaara or Kabir?or both?Do you think there are loopholes in Zaar's thinking? or Is she going right way?She didn't wash hands after touching kabir hand,so still she have long way to go to learn?or Is she perfect now?

Sorry for pestering you😆,i want to know muslim opinion about this show and also to know the credibility of the writers and their show.
MuratHayat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@nihaara Hi, I watched promos and few clips and have an idea of what the show is about. As of now, I am not watching the show as I am very skeptical about shows based on muslim culture. All thanks to qubool hai and beintehaa😆 
I dislike the fact in tv sopas based on muslims they portray muslim men as some ignorant, tyrants and oppressive. This behavior is cultural and depends on individual households irrespective of religion they follow.
But from what I understood in this show is that the male lead kabir is an ignorant man. He blindly follows some baba or whoever is that person. In the promo where zara tells him to not just recite but understand Quran, there she was correct. But In latest promo of marriage the condition of asking her before divorcing sounded ignorant. 
Because when women goes for khula (women's way of initiating divorce), then if husband is not ready to leave her then judge and relevant authorities can intervene and order him to forgo her. So basically rules are for both. 

As to your question on triple talak. Instant triple talak or divorcing a women in spurt of anger is not talak. They are still married and man is committing a sin by abandoning his wife.
It has to happen over a period of 3 months. In any Islamic divorce procedure, there is a three-month waiting period before the divorce is finalized.After a declaration of divorce, Islam requires a three-month waiting period (called the iddah) before the divorce is finalized. During which the second and third divorces are given. 

During this time, the couple continues to live under the same roof, but sleeps apart. This gives the couple time to calm down, evaluate the relationship, and perhaps reconcile. 

Sometimes decisions are made in haste and anger, and later one or both parties may have regrets. During the waiting period, the husband and wife are free to resume their relationship at any time, thus ending the divorce process without the need for a new marriage contract. 

In this period if they have sex then the entire divorce proceedings cancels out. It is regarded as reconciliation. And man can't say after having sex that he will continue with the 2nd and 3rd divorce.

Another reason for the waiting period is a way of determining whether the wife is expecting a child. If the wife is pregnant, the waiting period continues until after she has delivered the child. During the entire waiting period, the wife has the right to remain in the family home and the husband is responsible for her support.

If the waiting period is completed without reconciliation, the divorce is complete and takes full effect. The husband's financial responsibility for the wife ends, and she often returns to her own family home. However, the husband continues to be responsible for the financial needs of any children, through regular child support payments.

Islam discourages Muslims from going back and forth about their decisions, engaging in emotional blackmail, or leaving the other spouse in limbo. The Quran says, "When you divorce women and they fulfill the term of their iddat, either take them back on equitable terms or set them free on equitable terms; but do not take them back to injure them, (or) to take undue advantage. If anyone does that, he wrongs his own soul..." (Quran 2:231) Thus, the Quran encourages a divorced couple to treat each other amicably, and to sever ties neatly and firmly.

In general, if a man divorces his wife irrevocably, either by a third divorce (talaaq), or khula', or an annulment, and she is pregnant, then she is entitled to maintenance and accommodation, according to scholarly consensus, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

"Lodge them (the divorced women) where you dwell, according to your means, and do not harm them so as to straiten them (that they be obliged to leave your house). And if they are pregnant, then spend on them till they lay down their burden

Quran [al-Talaaq 65:6].

You can read here about khula. where women files and gets divorce. In fact in khula, divorce is more immediate. 
https://islamqa.info/en/216408ate.

So zara putting unreasonable conditions not prescribed in Quran is not right. Because just imagine if even kabir puts condition such as if zara takes khula from him she should complete her iddah/waiting period of 3 months at his home. It will be completely wrong because the moment khula happens they are equal to strangers and can't be living under same roof. 

P.S what ever I have written is after checking authentic sources. 

Edited by MuratHayat - 6 years ago
light_year thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

@nihaara Hi, I watched promos and few clips and have an idea of what the show is about. As of now, I am not watching the show as I am very skeptical about shows based on muslim culture. All thanks to qubool hai and beintehaa😆 

I dislike the fact in tv sopas based on muslims they portray muslim men as some ignorant, tyrants and oppressive. This behavior is cultural and depends on individual households irrespective of religion they follow.
But from what I understood in this show is that the male lead kabir is an ignorant man. He blindly follows some baba or whoever is that person. In the promo where zara tells him to not just recite but understand Quran, there she was correct. But In latest promo of marriage the condition of asking her before divorcing sounded ignorant. 
Because when women goes for khula (women's way of initiating divorce), then if husband is not ready to leave her then judge and relevant authorities can intervene and order him to forgo her. So basically rules are for both. 

As to your question on triple talak. Instant triple talak or divorcing a women in spurt of anger is not talak. They are still married and man is committing a sin by abandoning his wife.
It has to happen over a period of 3 months. In any Islamic divorce procedure, there is a three-month waiting period before the divorce is finalized.After a declaration of divorce, Islam requires a three-month waiting period (called the iddah) before the divorce is finalized. During which the second and third divorces are given. 

During this time, the couple continues to live under the same roof, but sleeps apart. This gives the couple time to calm down, evaluate the relationship, and perhaps reconcile. 

Sometimes decisions are made in haste and anger, and later one or both parties may have regrets. During the waiting period, the husband and wife are free to resume their relationship at any time, thus ending the divorce process without the need for a new marriage contract. 

In this period if they have sex then the entire divorce proceedings cancels out. It is regarded as reconciliation. And man can't say after having sex that he will continue with the 2nd and 3rd divorce.

Another reason for the waiting period is a way of determining whether the wife is expecting a child. If the wife is pregnant, the waiting period continues until after she has delivered the child. During the entire waiting period, the wife has the right to remain in the family home and the husband is responsible for her support.

If the waiting period is completed without reconciliation, the divorce is complete and takes full effect. The husband's financial responsibility for the wife ends, and she often returns to her own family home. However, the husband continues to be responsible for the financial needs of any children, through regular child support payments.

Islam discourages Muslims from going back and forth about their decisions, engaging in emotional blackmail, or leaving the other spouse in limbo. The Quran says, "When you divorce women and they fulfill the term of their iddat, either take them back on equitable terms or set them free on equitable terms; but do not take them back to injure them, (or) to take undue advantage. If anyone does that, he wrongs his own soul..." (Quran 2:231) Thus, the Quran encourages a divorced couple to treat each other amicably, and to sever ties neatly and firmly.

In general, if a man divorces his wife irrevocably, either by a third divorce (talaaq), or khula', or an annulment, and she is pregnant, then she is entitled to maintenance and accommodation, according to scholarly consensus, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

"Lodge them (the divorced women) where you dwell, according to your means, and do not harm them so as to straiten them (that they be obliged to leave your house). And if they are pregnant, then spend on them till they lay down their burden

You can read here about khula. where women files and gets divorce. In fact in khula, divorce is more immediate. 

So zara putting unreasonable conditions not prescribed in Quran is not right. Because just imagine if even kabir puts condition such as if zara takes khula from him she should complete her iddah/waiting period of 3 months at his home. It will be completely wrong because the moment khula happens they are equal to strangers and can't be living under same roof. 

Excuse me can I add something to that if you don't mind. In islam a women can demand dowry , like in Hinduism men demand dowry. The man will be able to marry the women only if he can fullfill her demands. In india they have made it as a joke though. They give very less dowry for namesake, the amount which is equal to what prophet used to give. And demand dowry from women. But in Arab countries , women demands whole house with furniture, all according to her taste. When she marries she goes directly to her new house. Which May b next to her in-laws house. But her accomadation is separate. A women is entitled to spearate accomadation if she demands and her husband can afford.

They can even do conditional nikha. For example a women can demand. Till I am alive you can't marry a second wife.  A man can demand that you will have to take care of my parents. If both the parties agree the nikah will commnce or they can search for some other proposal who can fullfill there demands. 
adni143 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Triple talaq is a form of divorce that was practised in India, whereby a Muslim man could legally divorce his wife by pronouncing talaq (the Arabic word for divorce) three times. The pronouncement could be oral or written, or, in recent times, delivered by electronic means such as telephone, SMS, email or social media. The man did not need to cite any cause for the divorce and the wife need not have been present at the time of pronouncement. After a period of iddat, during which it was ascertained whether the wife is pregnant, the divorce became irrevocable
In the recommended practice, a waiting period was required before each pronouncement of talaq, during which reconciliation was attempted. However, it had become common to make all three pronouncements in one sitting. While the practice was frowned upon, it was not prohibited.[13] A divorced woman could not remarry her divorced husband unless she first married another man, a practice called nikah halala. Until she remarried, she retained the custody of male toddlers and prepubescent female children. Beyond those restrictions, the children came under the guardianship of the father.
so i feel in this serial or supreme court have given notice that there would be no instant talaq which is performed  in wrong way
according to your version of tala q zara is even putting your version of tala q condition 
this is zara demand-ek baar mein tee baar di jane wali talaq nahin balki teen alag ala baar mein di jane wali talaq
there is misconception in india a man says three time talaq and they are divorced after three month there is no reconcilation they have to stay away and if women is expecting then only it can go other way
i think you have not watched the episode in which a couple said three time talaq and they are forced to give talaq even after now they want to reconcile but the board has declared it as talaq and this preferred in india even in any part not the other way 
and what you mentioned is teen baar mein dijaane wali talak whicch zara even demanded and kabir think that if he sai three time talaq then talaq would happen 
adni143 thumbnail
you can understand it better on what supreme court banned in this site
MuratHayat thumbnail
@adini: That is what I am trying to say instant triple talaq is invalid. I put forward what Allah has ordained in Quran. If you have read my post you will see that the real rules ordained in islam is not against women. 
What they follow in india and pakistan is sin. This kind of instant talaq is not valid in first place.
Edited by MuratHayat - 6 years ago
MuratHayat thumbnail

Originally posted by: light_year

Excuse me can I add something to that if you don't mind. In islam a women can demand dowry , like in Hinduism men demand dowry. The man will be able to marry the women only if he can fullfill her demands. In india they have made it as a joke though. They give very less dowry for namesake, the amount which is equal to what prophet used to give. And demand dowry from women. But in Arab countries , women demands whole house with furniture, all according to her taste. When she marries she goes directly to her new house. Which May b next to her in-laws house. But her accomadation is separate. A women is entitled to spearate accomadation if she demands and her husband can afford.

They can even do conditional nikha. For example a women can demand. Till I am alive you can't marry a second wife.  A man can demand that you will have to take care of my parents. If both the parties agree the nikah will commnce or they can search for some other proposal who can fullfill there demands. 

In india and pakisatn we see that they not only demand dowry from women but if women earns she should be even giving that salary for running household. Moreover have to live with in laws. All these are culture based not there in islam
In Islam if women earns then she is not obligated to spend on anyone. Husband can't force her to give her property or earnings. Neither he should make her live and serve in-laws. But if she is doing it of her own will and because of mutual understanding then it is well and good. 

Problem is most women and men as well don't read Quran and hadeeth to know their rights. If at all they know something they twist it in accordance to their whims and fancies which is wrong. 

adni143 thumbnail

@adini: That is what I am trying to say instant triple talaq is invalid. I put forward what Allah has ordained in Quran. If you have read my post you will see that the real rules ordained in islam is not against women. 

What they follow in india and pakistan is sin. This kind of instant talaq is not valid in first place.

i even got this misconception so i made separate post to clear the difference of whats ssupreme court banned or what people were following
and in this what zara think or is demanding or what kabir believes in
and it is really a nice thing that muslim women are given rights in nikah for nay promise so zara can demand what she want or even kabir and i feel this right is given only to protect them
and it would be no wrong if zara demand even no for talaq or no for second wife its her right and according to that kabir even can demand what he want 
light_year thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

In india and pakisatn we see that they not only demand dowry from women but if women earns she should be even giving that salary for running household. Moreover have to live with in laws. All these are culture based not there in islam
In Islam if women earns then she is not obligated to spend on anyone. Husband can't force her to give her property or earnings. Neither he should make her live and serve in-laws. But if she is doing it of her own will and because of mutual understanding then it is well and good. 

Problem is most women and men as well don't read Quran and hadeeth to know their rights. If at all they know something they twist it in accordance to their whims and fancies which is wrong. 

These issues are of subcontinent. Hindus Muslims or Christians all alike. Muslims way of living which is unislamic following local traditions and customs. Eve the most Islamic households can't get rid of the cultural bonds which are draging you down. Living in joint families were there is no system of parda from male in laws and privecy.  Husband is out of town and everybody walks over the wife. She is reduced to maid, and no clue were her kids are.

Islamically her duty is to raise kids , take care of husbands household. And  on the other side it' forbidden for a n.a. mehram man to enter upon a women when her husband is not around. How can that be followed in a joint family. Where any random member can enter even when a women is breastfeeding her baby. There is no privecy. Were as privecy is needed to make a women feel secure. She should take care of weareabouts of her parent in laws.  But that could be only possible if they don' force her to do non sharia stuffs.  For example Entertaing non mehram, abusing her when her husband is not around. And whch is basically every house hold these days.