Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-silhouette- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Not at all. Muslims don't feel offended when people from the other religion ask questions.

To answer your question I would say don't believe the narrative that the media portrays about any religion. It is more than that. Also, most of things that are said are opinions and not exactly what our religion says.

Having said that, Islam is a religion of all times. It is a religion that is progressive. Yes, some things may not be applicable anymore or may seem outdated but that is why we have a system called Ijma and Qiyas (consensus of the scholars). This system ensures that factors of today are accounted for when prescribing something.
zajedno thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I like this exchange of thoughts and data
doofenshmirtz00 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: adni143

if you feel offended by my question then sorry my intention for these question is just curiosity as I personally don't have any close Muslimfriend one of my friend in my college is Muslimbut I really have not interacted much with her but share a nice bond like I share with other common friends

so I just wanted to know
why all Muslims are so much into following rules and regulation like dressing or praying with some routine
I mean to say the founder of this religion has discovered this religion very much before and now the time is different so there is a change and that's the case with rules regulation
whatever I know about this religion I feel as at that time there was no rules and regulation and that's, why the founder of this religion wanted to see a change in society and give some rights to women even the time when women were not given any importance by making rules and regulation he assured that women are given some rights or the discriminated people, are also gven some place due to respect for religion and thus there would be progress in society(like in hinduism even there has been some belief like to pray peepal tree its to save peepal tree as it is of no use but give oxygenn in night even and many such other belief like girl not doing anything or staying away from everything in periods it was just to give them rest and most importantly that time there was no sanitary pads that could keep them clean for hours or throwing con in river it was because that tie coin was made of copper and many others and we even have no problem when we debate or tell my mother about all these thing who is a bild believer even not scold me and let me do what i dont like or like ) but now the time has changed and thus should be some of its rules
its purely my thought and don't consider it as i am diminishing your religion as I have love for all religion I go to every god for praying and being an army daughterI have lived in army camp and there it has a worshipping place which is heaven for me and I love going there and u know the main point about that place is all five religion are at five corners and I even love going to pir baba on every friday because I love going there and the main point in army campus I noone will question you how you pray or what you pray like sometimes I do in islam style and sometimes I just fold my hands like I pray to hindu gods
I am a Hindubut not a blind believer I just like to follow or do something which gives me some peace I never follow my mother blind beliefs and nobody in my family forces me to do
so this question of mine was just out of curiosity as I have seen only one Muslim friend and what I have seen when she was in the first year she used to always take dupatta on her head but after 3 years she even started to live like us in college and said that now I feel much better and previously it used to be very uncomfortable to me to take dupatta all time but she is forced or she has to wear burkha when she goes to her home
thatsit
right now on this serial even there many complaints have been filed but i feel it is hsowing islam in such a nice way that I even have started to love Islam especially the way they have shown zara and her family
my question is why Muslim family feel that we are disgracing their religion just if only asking some question on why i just wanted to know that it is just stereotyped or it really happen in all muslim family

Hey Adni πŸ˜›

Althought I'm not indian I'd like to give my PoV. I think its a stereotype. Its just that those who are cool with coexisting and adapting to modern era dont create noise like the ones who protest & file complaints πŸ˜† There are families who live in their native country but follow a progressive lifestyle, and there are some who live abroad but are hardcore religious & wear burkha there too. Its all a matter of perspective. I have both muslim & non muslim friends. I've been asked about my religion countless times & have never been offended. Only time I was offended was when someone called me Isis 🀒 I guess because my family's not a hardcore follower so it doesnt bother me. My mom is quite religious but she doesnt force me or anyone to be like her.

These days people have herd mentality and need a reason to fight. I too dont find anything wrong with how they're portraying Islam in the show. Yes its dramatic and exaggerated amd maybe sometimes not correct but its only a show. And we should differentiate between real life and fiction 😳

PS: No offense to anyone here.Edited by doofenshmirtz00 - 6 years ago
adni143 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: doofenshmirtz00

Hey Adni πŸ˜›

Althought I'm not indian I'd like to give my PoV. I think its a stereotype. Its just that those who are cool with coexisting and adapting to modern era dont create noise like the ones who protest & file complaints πŸ˜† There are families who live in their native country but follow a progressive lifestyle, and there are some who live abroad but are hardcore religious & wear burkha there too. Its all a matter of perspective. I have both muslim & non muslim friends. I've been asked about my religion countless times & have never been offended. Only time I was offended was when someone called me Isis 🀒 I guess because my family's not a hardcore follower so it doesnt bother me. My mom is quite religious but she doesnt force me or anyone to be like her.

These days people have herd mentality and need a reason to fight. I too dont find anything wrong with how they're portraying Islam in the show. Yes its dramatic and exaggerated amd maybe sometimes not correct but its only a show. And we should differentiate between real life and fiction 😳

PS: No offense to anyone here.

thanks for your honest opinion
as i live in india so have not really encountered much muslims
only personally i have interaacted two first was a boy and my crush and was really very friendly but i didnt knew that time the difference between religion and neither i know about his family and second my college mate and as i have said about her
doofenshmirtz00 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: adni143

thanks for your honest opinion
as i live in india so have not really encountered much muslims
only personally i have interaacted two first was a boy and my crush and was really very friendly but i didnt knew that time the difference between religion and neither i know about his family and second my college mate and as i have said about her

I cant say about Indian muslim culture but you will find hardcore, semi, demi, light -all sorts of followers in any country and in any religion. There are some who barely follow the religion in their day to day lives but when there's a protest they still join riots and protests and suddenly remember they're muslims πŸ˜† I think its bcoz some people make their religion a part of their identity so if you question it or oppose it they feel threatened and react.

I hope you make more muslim friends in future and not just muslim but all religions 😳Edited by doofenshmirtz00 - 6 years ago
adni143 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: doofenshmirtz00

I cant say about Indian muslim culture but you will find hardcore, semi, demi, light -all sorts of followers in any country and in any religion. There are some who barely follow the religion in their day to day lives but when there's a protest they still join riots and protests and suddenly remember they're muslims πŸ˜† I think its bcoz some people make their religion a part of their identity so if you question it or oppose it they feel threatened and react.

I hope you make more muslim friends in future and not just muslim but all religions 😳

i have 4  or 5 christian friend and 1 was even jain
but ya in india wherever i live it is full of hindu wether it is college private school or in army
peeyara thumbnail
Not everyone will mind if you ask question :)
i love it when my non muslims friends asks me about the things they dont know about Islam or the reason behind so and so thing. It makes me feel good...instead of media n social media and ofcourse google they are directly asking me
In future too, if u hv any queries, feel free to ask. We wont mind n will answer you in simpler ways
MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
The rules don't change with time. They are made my Allah and no one is going to go against him to change it. If you do you are not following the religion. πŸ˜Š
MochaQueen thumbnail
True, there are some western scholars these days who try to twist the rules with their so called modern theories. Thats why I prefer to stick with the original ones. The old books written in Arabic by the most acknowledged scholars are even available in English now :D
MuratHayat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Would like to mention few verses from Quran for better understanding. Hope no one minds😊
Those who don't know islam assume that islam was invented by prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). 
Islam means submission to our creator, Allah (swt). Creator of seven heavens and earth and everything between. It is not prophet who sat down and wrote Quran. It was Allah, the god. the creator of everything who revealed it to his last and final messenger.

Before prophet Muhammad,  Allah sent his messengers from time to time. Starting with Prophet Noah as mentioned in Quran , Allah sent his revelations i.e, holy scriptures. 

"Verily, We have sent the Revelation to you (O Muhammad) as We sent the Revelation to Nooh (Noah) and the Prophets after him

Quran [al-Nisa' 4:163] 

The list of prophets in chronological order: (peace be upon all of them)

These are the names mentioned in quran

Adam

Abel (Hbl)

Enoch (Idris)

Noah (Nuh)

Hud 

Saleh

Abraham (Ibrhm)

Ishmael (Ism'l)

Isaac (Isq)

Jacob (Yaqub)

Joseph (Yusuf)

Lot (Lut)

Job (Ayub)

Jethro (Shoaib)

Aaron (Harun)

Moses (Musa)

Joshua (Yusha Bin Nun)

Khidr

Samuel (Syamuil)

David (Daud)

Solomon (Sulayman)

Ezra (Uzair)

Elijah (Ilyas)

Elisha (Al-Yasa)[11][19]

Jonah (Yunus)[11][19]

Isaiah[11]

Jeremiah[11]

Ezekiel (Dhul-Kifl)[11][89]

Daniel (Daniyal)[11][99]

Zechariah (Zakariya)[11][19]

John (the Baptist) (Yahya)[11][103]

Isa (Jesus of Nazareth)[11][106]

Muhammad - the last prophet of God

The reason of me mentioning all this is god sent his message to mankind from era to era but other holy scriptures revealed prior to Prophet Muhammad were either lost or had missing parts or fabricated. 
Even to prophet Muhammad PBUH , Quran was not revealed at once. It was revealed over a period of years. AS Allah says in Quran:
"And (it is) a Quran which We have divided (into parts), in order that you might recite it to men at intervals. And We have revealed it by stages. [17:106]. 
Allah says in Quran that he sent Quran as guidance for mankind till the end of the world. Allah even says in Quran that he has perfected the religion for mankind

"This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you

Quran [al-Maa'idah 5:3]

To understand Quran better we read even books called as Hadeeth that helps in better understanding of Quran and even teaches many aspects of life and etiquette. You will be surprised to know the details mentioned in respect to different aspects of life...business, money, rules of transactions, marriage, sex, dressing, eating, etc... 
Important to know is whether it be Quran or hadith it is by Allah's knowledge not invented by Prophet Muhammad PBUH
Allah says in Quran

"Nor does he (Prophet) speak of (his own) desire.

It is but a revelation revealed"

Quran [an-Najm 53:3-4]

And many ask practicing muslims why do they ardently follow prayers, fasting and islamic rules. When our creator himself has made clear again and again Quran that nobody can comprehend his knowledge then who is man to question his rules. But that doesn't mean blindly following things as Allah even says seek truth, seek wisdom. 

"And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)) gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it) , and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment

Quran [al-Hashr 59:7]

"Say: "Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, but if you turn away, he (Messenger Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)) is only responsible for the duty placed on him (i.e. to convey Allah's Message) and you for that placed on you. If you obey him, you shall be on the right guidance. The Messengers duty is only to convey (the message) in a clear way (i.e. to preach in a plain way)

Quran [an-Noor 24:54]

Most important which even ignorant muslims themselves don't adhere to is seeking knowledge and seeking truth. 

Allah says in Quran to seek knowledge for example the verses:

"and say: My Lord! Increase me in knowledge'

[Ta-Ha 20:114] 

Allaah praises the scholars, as He says (interpretation of the meaning): 

"Say: Are those who know equal to those who know not?' It is only men of understanding who will remember (i.e. get a lesson from Allh's Signs and Verses)

[al-Zumar 39:9] 

Lastly, people mix culture with religion. Islam is universal and culture is obviously not and many weird practices seen are culture based.

Edited by MuratHayat - 6 years ago