Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OnepoundChic thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: awida

@OPC . I find actresses focus on the perfect look irritating. It takes off from the character, specially when it is supposed to be of a poor girl, or in emotional scenes. 

I too fail to relate to characters. like in Deedan ..first I couldn't feel for Sanam. but now I cry everytime I watch her in qaid. ðŸ˜­

Watching old dramas is a good idea. I loved Doop Kinarey.

@Bold true, seems like as if this is the only thing they care about. 
Another point is obsession with 'gora pan'. Like in Udari little Zebo was played by a very beautiful child with a wheat-ish complexion but after the leap they chose one of the most white faced actress for grown up Zebo. Such things seriously get on my nerves!
Cause, firstly, why on earth she had to be shown a grown up girl with fair complexion only, secondly Zebo had literally zero excess to any of the beautifying treatments or stuff to groom that much then how come -__- RIP logic, RIP actuality. 

And very true that you can no longer relate to any such character. Btw how's Deedan? Is it worth trying? I wouldn't have missed a show of Sanam but Dil Banjaara was so bad that now i am scared ðŸ˜†

PS: Also how's Cheekh? Is it worth trying for Saba Qamar? 
Edited by OnepoundChic - 5 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail
is it the actress or is it the director which makes them dress like that?
awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7
@OPC . Deedan is a visual treat. the story is ok .. but performances are gr8 ..You can skip Palwasha's story for a good result. give it a try for Sanam. she's amazing in it. I didn't like her before. but now I am convinced to watch Zindagi Gulzaar  Hai!
@HB . I don't  know. but if the actress wants to look beautiful, and the director wanted her to look the character he can guide her. so it is his responsibility.
Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I liked this show from the beginning 
MochaQueen thumbnail
i dont know about her make up...but her dressing isnt that bad
OnepoundChic thumbnail

Originally posted by: heavenlybliss

is it the actress or is it the director which makes them dress like that?

Director simply directs the dimension of story and characters. But ultimately actors have a big say in how they want to look on-camera and this young lot is very conscious about their appearance on screen. Can't show-up without priming, concealing, powdering, kgs of foundation and contouring and what not! 
I remember watching some interviews of some old actors where they said they would try their level best to make the character look real and they'd come bare faced. Make-up makes a BIG difference and ITS JUST SO FREAKING IMPORTANT TO WORK ON THE LOOK OF A CHARACTER i can't put in to words.

Aiman is so flawless i wonder why can't she be natural. Iqra Aziz is professional in this regard. Even in RRK, in the old scenes with Sahir she hardly has any makeup on her face. Beautiful bare skin and that's what makes it look so natural. I remember in the Parchhai drama, Manal would have 10kgs makeup on and her MIL would say tum kabhi kuch makeup karlia kro ban sawnar jaya kro thorri lipstick hi lga lia kro while she'd already have some deep red lipstick on ðŸ˜†

Anyway I watched previous episode of this one and found out that they burnt Noori. Their cook saves her and takes her to some burn care unit. In the precap, Meeru was all burnt but again with freshly applied makeup and eye-shades so it made me say goodbye again ðŸ˜† But i think Wali will find out soon and arrest his parents may be. 
Edited by OnepoundChic - 5 years ago
OnepoundChic thumbnail

Originally posted by: heavenlybliss

i dont know about her make up...but her dressing isnt that bad

True, her dressing is ok.
-JollyJabeen-JB thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Does anyone have the link/know the song they play.. the jaane naa song? It starts from 9:23 (such a soft song!!!😭) - https://youtu.be/bxLBKhd6iJo
MochaQueen thumbnail
my question actually was, who organizes the wardrobe and the make up of the characters?