Bollywood NOT very important to actress Jennifer Winget

Posted: 6 years ago

Actress Jennifer Winget, whose debut Bollywood film as an adult didn't have a smooth release, says acting is important to her irrespective of the medium.

As a child, Jennifer featured in films like Akele Hum Akele Tum and Kuch Naa Kaho. After starring in TV shows like Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Kahin To Hoga and Dill Mill Gayye, she was set to re-enter Bollywood with Kunal Kohli's Phir Se in 2015 but due to copyright issues, the film's release date kept getting pushed. It finally released on a digital platform earlier this year.

When asked how important it is for her to act in a Bollywood movie, she said, "Not very important. For me, acting is important, the medium is not."

After her last appearance in Beyhadh on Sony TV, the actress is now gearing up for Colors' show Bepannaah, which is said to be inspired by Rajesh Khanna's film Kati Patang.

Expressing her views on the same, she said, "Absolutely not. I don't know from where these rumours started. I have nothing to say about it because that's not true."

Jennifer was seen in the show Beyhadh essaying a negative character, while in Bepannah she will essay a positive character.

When asked her about the shift in character, she said, "I don't feel the need to play anything, but as an actor it gives me an opportunity to play different characters, which I am really excited about, considering the show that I did and the character I played earlier. I don't like the terms positive or negative, as I think every person has good and bad in them. It's high time that we explore all these sides on television as humans. I do like to play different characters and Zoya was very different from the characters I have played, so that was the reason I chose it," she added.

Beyhadh went off air in the last quarter of 2017 and it didn't take her long to accept another show, to which she replied, "Why did I take up the show so early...it's because I think I am one of the lucky ones who gets these kind of opportunities and when I get one, I don't waste time in taking it up."

There was a time when shows used to go on for years, but now after a few months they get replaced by a new one. Does she think Hindi fiction shows should have a shorter shelf-life?

"It depends on the story. I cannot say for all shows. Every show has a different story and till the story goes on, the show should go on," she said.

Has she ever thought of starring in shows that address social issues? "Absolutely. We live in a society and if any action of ours creates a positive impact, then definitely," said Jennifer.

And what kind of awareness would she like to create?

"Environment. Keeping the country clean -- that's very important. Also, I think it's our duty as citizens of our country to keep our country and houses clean. Please be nice, be kind to stray animals, dogs and adopt them," she said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

galaxyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
More like I didn't get any offers and I'm stuck with TV. 
I don't get why these tv actors try to make to bollywood when they are so popular on tv. Look at KSG or what Sobti guy.

I think it's time they start making actual television shows instead of soap operas. Why is it so hard?
TV shows are as popular as movies in Hollywood  
Talcum thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
"I don't feel the need to play anything, but as an actor it gives me an opportunity to play different characters, which I am really excited about "
LMFAO
Different characters? She acts in the same way no matter what her character is. Even if she'll be asked to play the role of an illiterate village woman, she'll act in her same typical way. She is among the most boring actresses of television. About not considering BW important,...she did movie with Kunal Kohli ...yuck! It shows how desperate and a big liar she is. She is worse than KSG.
Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Well, BW is a different ball game and now she is too old to make it big in BW unfortunately. She is one of the top actresses on television currently. It's better to be a top television actress than do mediocre or bad films in BW. It won't add value. It's best that she stays on top in one medium than be nowhere in another just because it's "Bollywood". Let's be honest, most good films a offered to mostly Alia or Deepika curently. Edited by Cookies.. - 6 years ago
sherlockthor thumbnail
She can't act.
I saw Phir se , could not even finish half. Movie is extremely boring.

Atleast Barun Sobti and KSG were good actors. She is just wooden

Surreal_Dreams thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I agree with what she's saying. She's currently numero uno in tellywood. Why would she even care now for Bollywood? Agreed, she's done some movies in the past. But now that she's retained her position on telly land, I don't c her going for Bollywood. 
BebaakBegum thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Lol Not interested in Bollywood is a subtle way of saying not getting offers for movies. Warna, Ye Bus toh sabko pakadni hain.
Khair, She is doing extremely good in Tellywood and is at the top right now. Why even shift? Most TV actors end up doing the same old erotic movies one after the other. Sushant is the only one who earned real sucess. She can try ofcourse but shall mever say things like - I'll rather sell milk than return to TV(Words by the name who shall not be named)
Redmi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Lol I just watched her numerous audition videos on YouTube. They all are apparently for bollywood movies. May be her priorities changed now. 
Surreal_Dreams thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -BebaakBegum-

Lol Not interested in Bollywood is a subtle way of saying not getting offers for movies. Warna, Ye Bus toh sabko pakadni hain.
Khair, She is doing extremely good in Tellywood and is at the top right now. Why even shift? Most TV actors end up doing the same old erotic movies one after the other. Sushant is the only one who earned real sucess. She can try ofcourse but shall mever say things like - I'll rather sell milk than return to TV(Words by the name who shall not be named)

Atleast she dint leave tellywood totally for Bollywood unlike Barun, Ksg or Mouni. She was simultaneously doing tv n movies side by side. It's amazing how she has upped her game despite delivering a dud in bollwood. She has bagged big brands (loreal), big tv breakthroughs.In case of Barun n ksg they just went downwards😕😆. I don't think Mouni's going to click either despite having Sallu's back.
cory thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Its not important when you can't get in