Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Samaina12 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: awsome.moments

Is this journalist for real? Wonder if she would be okay if her boss kissed her the same way. A young child's of 5 is different from a child of 12 (almost a teen) hope people who are defending him know that.

journalist is a "he" hence the crap in the article. Though i think even women from music industry are supporting the leech papon
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

"Moreover, kissing kid contestants in reality show was never been an issue for anyone in this India until the advocate filed the complaint against Angarag Mahanta. Lots a time we have witnessed lady mentors or judge kissed minor boy contestants, but none bothered it as sexual assault."

A maniac has written this for sure. Lady contestants drag those male contestants and kiss them on their lips? ðŸ¤¢

In foreign countries, it's normal but it is so till the time one doesn't add any force in it. If they do, it's considered an assault no matter if it's a man or woman.

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
when a lady mentor or judge kisses a boy child, then none bothered.
That has never happened !
CuttingChai thumbnail
Plz find me a female guest or judge who forcefully rubbed a minor's face , then forcefully kissed the kid on his/her lips , then when they realized they were caught on camera live, made a cut shooting the video sign. I will bash that person too.
dabang4life thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ok.. who the f is papon? And why should read a full page of garbage about him/her.. specially when the first paragraph starts with some French story!! I hate everything that's French.. including French fries!! Smh
awsome.moments thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meherya123

journalist is a "he" hence the crap in the article. Though i think even women from music industry are supporting the leech papon

Oh did not realise. Irrespective, this kind of stupid irresponsible statement is what is blurring the lines for children now. I know this because I had a friend who used to play a sport and her coach used to pat her bottom saying it was just for fun. She used to get awkward but never say anything Coz she would get embarrassed thinking she would create an issue for something that wasn't meant to be harmful. He never did that in front of her parents but did that when we were around. Gradually he started calling her for individual sessions. She finally left her training but never said anything. We were too small to understand. Barely 12/13. But if left an impact on her. Bottom line is, a person who doesn't mean it will never cross that line with a child and will be extra careful cuz he knows that it can be misconstrued in a child's mind. He crossed that line many times in this video. So didn't mean it, or innocent touch is just an excuse. He did that knowing full well what he was doing, and is rightfully booked whatever this stupid journalist is saying.

Sorry for the long rant. But this excuse by papon that it was meaningless fun just hits too close to home.
awsome.moments thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ilovecrepes

when a lady mentor or judge kisses a boy child, then none bothered.

That has never happened !

A lady mentor or judges kissing a 12 yr old boy in that fashion? Really, where???
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
There have been absolutely no instances of any judge male or female kissing a child on the lips, other than Papon. 
There is a practice all over South Asia of not just judges, but uncles, aunties, family friends, and even parents themselves pulling cheeks or ears, kissing on the cheeks or forehead, and giving tight hugs even when a child squirms in displeasure. This is how affection is expressed to kids in South Asia. Ideally, we should never show affection to a child when they don't want it. It instills the value of consent. But there is no idiot who will call out this genuine show of affection as assault. Except for some people who are using this as an example to give Papon a free pass. 

Now I admit that a peck on the lips is not always romantic. Gestures of affection vary by culture. Many middle eastern cultures greet each other with a peck on the lips. Some families too greet each other or show affection with a peck on the lips. 

That being said India is a culture where a kiss on the lips has always been affiliated with romantic affection. It has always been a no zone. There is body language too.  It wasn't an accident where he tried to kiss her cheek and she turned causing an accident. Papon came on very forcefully. He deliberately held her face, turned her to him and landed the kiss. I can forgive the girl and her friends for believing it is a genuine and innocent show of affection. Teenagers are easily swayed. I remember being naive and dumb when I was a teen. But adults defending his actions are sickening. 

Let's not forget even in cultures that accept peck on lips this would be unacceptable. The Middle Eastern Peck on the cheek is for people of the same gender and age. It would be blasphemy if an Arabic man kissed a teenage girl on the lips. In cultures where lip pecks are a display of familial affection, the peck is limited to a close family circle. A stranger would not have the right to that display. In addition, it's also a two-way street. Grabbing a face to kiss it would be considered assault by even their standards. 

I get that people may find it difficult to digest what happened. I know that its easier to think its innocent affection rather than abuse. Abuse is a can of worms no one wants to deal with. And I know that people might feel they are protecting a child from being mired in an abuse controversy. But you could be enabling a serial abuser in the process. You could be giving someone a free pass to escalate from touches and kisses to more intimate acts. 

You know, I am open to have licensed psychiatrists assess the situation and determine if there is an abusive pattern or its all a genuine mistake. I am willing to admit that my evaluation of the video and situation is wrong. Are Papon defenders willing to admit they could be wrong as well and have experts decide the truth?