Views

Users

Frequent Posters

23Diya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Padfoot_Prongs

Hey gals, Happy festival season.

Been a long time. How is it going? Any recent movie or serial? Not reading any book right now. 

Happy festivals Mannu!

I watched Super 30 and Mission Mangal. And I watched Pirates of the Caribbean series for the first time (except the 4th one "on stranger tides"). And I'm still trying to find the first few scenes of Daniel Radcliffe's film The Woman in Black.

How's your festive season going?

23Diya thumbnail

U read Nirmala. It made me cry buckets so much. I was not much mature at that time so it left me a deep impression. The worse was I kept thinking about the end when the child and her old aunt were left alone. I kept thinking how will they survive.

Nirmala's whole life was so sad, just because of one incident. If the dowry money was not looted she wud have been married to completely different person and a happy life. I also cried for the eldest son. I wish he was the one who wud have been married to nirmala. The accusations and pain he had to go through was heartbreaking. I hated Nirmala's husband for what he put his eldest son through. 

I was left crying at many scenes as well. The story was such that every stage of it left an impression. I found it surprising that the author had such forward thinking. For a story that was written in the early 20th century, it says a lot when I can still connect to the story with such ease. 

The eldest son was the purest character in the whole story, in my opinion. While in words we only saw how his father was affected by his death, I noticed more how subtly the author showed us the way Nirmala was affected by it.

And at the end I kept wondering when did the story turn so...was it when her husband grew suspicious, or when Nirmala was rejected, or her father killed, wouldn't it have been different if she had at least some support from the sister in law? As I said, every turn of the story gives us a reflection of our society and teaches us something.

I'm glad I read it now. If I were younger, I wouldn't have appreciated the work as much as I do now.

23Diya thumbnail

Originally posted by: Feynmann

Oh, no I haven't any and frankly speaking, I've least interest in reading Gandhiji's autobiography. I was reading "Dristi pradip" but due to puja excitement and getting ready for my post-puja conference, my reading got slowed down. Yeah, you read and share how it goes.

Neither do I. But I have decided I need to get better at History and Political science, and thus I was hoping for gaining some knowledge in Indian history from his perspective (I have heard first hand telling of something makes it more interesting). But frankly, I'm starting to wonder if this was such a great idea. The man can't seem to get over the topic of vegetarianism. And you can guess, as a Bengali, just how interesting that topic seems. ðŸ˜† I mean, I would have understood if had written a single page...or even a single chapter on the topic of why he became a vegetarian. But nooo...he has to go on and on for chapters about how and why he became a vegetarian. It almost seems as if he is trying to tell himself that it was a good idea. 

Currently I'm on chapter 21 and hardly a chapter without the talk of vegetarianism. I don't know if Bengalis can read it without wanting to tear their hairs out!😡

And now I'm going on about it. Gandhi's rubbing off on me. 

Tell me about Drishti Pradip.

Edited by 23Diya - 4 years ago
23Diya thumbnail

Happy Dussera, Mannu. Welcome back. I've watched "Super 30" and "Gumnami" based on Netaji's death mystery in recent times. You guys must watch both of them if you haven't. Gumnami movie, though its been directed by a Bengali director, its been released both in Bengali and Hindi. But the movie mostly contains English dialogues. I just love both these movies.

Super 30 was good. Hrithik's Bihari accent seemed forced sometimes but it was alright, overall.

I want to watch Gumnami. It's running on the theatre near my home here, but with Lakshmi Puja preparations and visiting relatives for Bijaya, I can't find the time. I think I'll just have to wait for Zee Originals to telecast it. I don't think it'll be there on JioCinema...

23Diya thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anix.Ray

WoW! You enjoyed a lot that means! 🙂 Lovely! 

Hi Ani...Welcome to the thread. Hope you enjoy it here.😊

23Diya thumbnail

hey, welcome on the thread. What should I call you though? Ani di or only Ani? I am going to be confused in future calling both Ani and Ani di. So dont mind please.

Anyways, welcome on the thread. Hope  we can revive it back. ðŸ˜Š

@bold: We achieved 3 pages in one day after a long time. It is starting to look like old days. Hope we can carry it on.

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Originally posted by: 23Diya

Happy festivals Mannu!

I watched Super 30 and Mission Mangal. And I watched Pirates of the Caribbean series for the first time (except the 4th one "on stranger tides"). And I'm still trying to find the first few scenes of Daniel Radcliffe's film The Woman in Black.

How's your festive season going?

You've watched POTC after so long!! I am a fan of the series till 3rd one...I just love Sparrow and Elizabeth!

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Neither do I. But I have decided I need to get better at History and Political science, and thus I was hoping for gaining some knowledge in Indian history from his perspective (I have heard first hand telling of something makes it more interesting). But frankly, I'm starting to wonder if this was such a great idea. The man can't seem to get over the topic of vegetarianism. And you can guess, as a Bengali, just how interesting that topic seems. ðŸ˜† I mean, I would have understood if had written a single page...or even a single chapter on the topic of why he became a vegetarian. But nooo...he has to go on and on for chapters about how and why he became a vegetarian. It almost seems as if he is trying to tell himself that it was a good idea. 

Currently I'm on chapter 21 and hardly a chapter without the talk of vegetarianism. I don't know if Bengalis can read it without wanting to tear their hairs out!😡

And now I'm going on about it. Gandhi's rubbing off on me. 

Tell me about Drishti Pradip.

I will tell you about Dristi Pradip once I complete reading it. I am not at all a Gandhi fan- so your reviews don't even surprise me.

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Super 30 was good. Hrithik's Bihari accent seemed forced sometimes but it was alright, overall.

I want to watch Gumnami. It's running on the theatre near my home here, but with Lakshmi Puja preparations and visiting relatives for Bijaya, I can't find the time. I think I'll just have to wait for Zee Originals to telecast it. I don't think it'll be there on JioCinema...

I just loved Super 30! Its one of the best rather the best Bollywood movie I've watched recently. It deals with a very important topic of the society where riches get all the benefits and poor remains deprived, irrespective of their talents. And Gumnami is one movie everyone should watch. First watch it, then we will discuss. And the songs are icing on the cake- INA anthem and Dhano Dhanyo are special mentions apart from Subhasji song by Sonu Nigam.

Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Yes, please watch the movie and share your views positively. A must watch movie for all true Indians. And what's your take on Super 30?

it was alright. Maybe because i was changing channels while watching it on TV.

For Gumnaami, I will have to wait for Netflix or other site to upload it. Here in Delhi Joker and War have occupied every theatre.