Haasil

Haasil; A thriller fiasco : My Ranting :(

Neenzm thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Today after reading the haasil going off air news, I felt the need to vent out my views/ frustration.

I still remember the day when I first watched the promo of Haasil. Zayed Khan, the exotic locations and thrilling story, these are the things that caught the eye. And initially the show delivered the thriller that was promised. But with the ending of Mauritius track , the show took a nosedive from there. There are many contributing factors in the fall down:

No concrete plot of the show. I guess makers too don't know what is the actual story n what they are trying to show.
Seriously there is no thrill there. Same cliche story with two brothers fall for same girl n one turning negative. So where is the thrill quotient.

Introduction of unnecessary tracks like kundali dosh; seriously? Is this a saas bahu saga.

Biggest letdown is the characterization. My God, charater of Anchal. Does she looks like an intelligent lawyer; answer is no. She is the weakest of all.

The Ranvir Raichand, another character that is butchered beyond repair. According to makers he is a grey character. I guess they are kidding. What grey, he is totally black in n out.

Now Kabir's character is another letdown. He is acting like gopi bahu crying buckets and doing tyag pe tyag.

How can I forgot lead couple's chemistry. There is zero chemistry in Aabir (no offence). Most of the viewers couldn't connect with them. Their love story was so rushed, no intensity, no emotions. And now they are forcing their intense scenes which are hard to digest. Why makers didn't take time to build up their story.
On the contrary, AanVir have much more chemistry. Since Ranvir is psycho obsessive viewers can't root them too. Why makers why?
I guess forum is for feedback; positive n negative both. But makers dint take any pains to see the feedback.

Right now these are things that are in my mind. You all can add your views too.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nancy_soni thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i finally know ,
recently,Strange phenomenon  ,some people keeps complaining and exopress do not like this show ,but still continue watch and active in this show forum...iit is stupid

because you are aanvir fans , so you hate because all your  guesss wrong ,but still hope makers can change line love line to aanvir ,but i is not ,i think if aanchal love ranvir ,even she is common ,i tjink aanvir fans not have  so many complains it is truth others all useless words  

but femaile role wil never fall in love ravir ,it is ranvir's  biggset punishment ...Who let him not mean anything
anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Absolutely agree 
Haasil has been a huge let down due to obvious reasons 

1. Lead pair AaBir - have 0 chemistry, they never worked , their love story never made sense 

2. one dimensional characters poorly written characters - I was hoping for 3 complex grey characters what we got are 2 saints and 1 villain.  Ranvir is a psycho , Kabir too pure and weak..he can pretend to molest a girl and can ask her to marry his bro as if she is a commodity, Aanchal super weak and dumb, she not only fell in Kabir's trap but did all the stupid things 

3. No plot and thrill factor - a villain trying to separate a couple that don't even work is as cliche as it gets...So, where is the thrill and shock value...Sub plots can be interesting but the main plot has been a disaster 

4. Writers confused about target audience - what is the target audience of Haasil..is it rural - hence the kundali dosh , khoon bhari maang , vrat and laal chunni etc or for urban viewers - hence the bikini and romance of AanBir after Aanchal getting married to Ranvir 
At places Haasil became ultra modern while at other very typical and traditional 

Haasil is a show where these cliches like khoon bhari maang doesn't sit well with the show's set up 

Makers made a khichdi ! 

5. AanVir love story butchered - let's be honest here...majority wanted to see their love story since they looked perfect together and had an amazing chemistry which was evident initially..that got ruined by the makers 

6. Butchering of Ranvir and glorification of AanBir n Kabir that seemed very forced 

7. Promos were kind of misleading - Aanchal was supposed to be intelligent, Kabir was supposed to have junoon and he said what is his he will not let anyone else have it , Ranvir was suppsoed to be calculative not a psycho 

So, yup these are the reasons for the show's downfall 
The promos were misleading 😭
Only initial episodes followed the promos but then it became cliche 
Neenzm thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nancy_soni

i finally know ,
recently,Strange phenomenon ,some people keeps complaining and exopress do not like this show ,but still continue watch and active in this show forum...iit is stupid

because you are aanvir fans , so you hate because all your guesss wrong ,but still hope makers can change line love line to aanvir ,but i is not ,i think if aanchal love ranvir ,even she is common ,i tjink aanvir fans not have so many complains it is truth others all useless words

but femaile role wil never fall in love ravir ,it is ranvir's biggset punishment ...Who let him not mean anything

Dear, everyone has right to express his/her views. Even if someone not liking the show has every right to still watch it n be active on the forum. I m repeating again that forum is for feedback whether positive or negative.

Secondly if Anchal fell for Ranvir and Kabir going negative,even then what is the difference. I already said that weak characterization of all three leads not only Ranvir.
No Ranvir fan is hoping for love track of AanVir coz Ranvir's Psycho act is beyond repair.
Rubygill528 thumbnail
Anshvi ...agree with u. Story and plot r big disappointed  👎🏼 🤢
_Payalj_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Honestly speaking the downfall of the show started during Mauritius track.
The show alienated the trp audience in the mauritius track iself as it was too modern for its taste.
The online audience which had started viewing in the hopes of a good thriller also disappeared during mauritius track or immediately thereafter as the show which was promised as a thriller fast degenerated into a sappy love story.

If one looks closely, it is exactly during that time the forum posts also started reducing as the audience started feeling cheated. If some hints of the upcoming twists had been given, the audience base would have not been eroded so badly.

The show only looked like a sappy love triangle till aanveer marriage. The channel also started losing interest after the mauritius track only. Promos disappeared and episodes started  getting cut.

Blaming Vatsal or Anbir pairing is absolutely wrong as it is not their fault that they were neither depicted correctly in the begining nor their story or emotional connect properly developed.

Now that the producers are working on their pair, they are actually looking good and I for one have started liking them. An actor is just wet clay. It is the directors job to ensure that he or she clicks in that particular role or pairing

Also i dont think majority audience is obsessed  enough to want only one pair or keep on obsessing for them at the cost of the show except a few emotional teenagers. 

Most want a good interesting story and good picturisation and this is where Haasil failed.
anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: _Payalj_

Honestly speaking the downfall of the show started during Mauritius track.

The show alienated the trp audience in the mauritius track iself as it was too modern for its taste.
The online audience which had started viewing in the hopes of a good thriller also disappeared during mauritius track or immediately thereafter as the show which was promised as a thriller fast degenerated into a sappy love story.

If one looks closely, it is exactly during that time the forum posts also started reducing as the audience started feeling cheated. If some hints of the upcoming twists had been given, the audience base would have not been eroded so badly.

The show only looked like a sappy love triangle till aanveer marriage. The channel also started losing interest after the mauritius track only. Promos disappeared and episodes started  getting cut.

Blaming Vatsal or Anbir pairing is absolutely wrong as it is not their fault that they were neither depicted correctly in the begining nor their story or emotional connect properly developed.

Now that the producers are working on their pair, they are actually looking good and I for one have started liking them. An actor is just wet clay. It is the directors job to ensure that he or she clicks in that particular role or pairing

Also i dont think majority audience is obsessed  enough to want only one pair or keep on obsessing for them at the cost of the show except a few emotional teenagers. 

Most want a good interesting story and good picturisation and this is where Haasil failed.

The problem was that AaBir love story felt very superficial, rushed and a little too hard to believe..yes it was writers fault absolutely 

But also I feel actors' chemistry also never worked

Director As well as actors all have to work to bring out the chemistry but sometimes chemistry comes naturally and a pair sometimes don't have thst natural chemistry despite actors being good individually.

Vatsal is good in individual scenes but his chemistry with Nikita doesn't work at least for me...same goes for Niki..her chemistry worked with Zayed but not with  Vatsal 

For a show to work I think both points are necessary- 1. Plot and content..Content is always the king  2. The lead pair story and chemistry have to work 

I feel in both these cases Haasil failed miserably 
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Honestly, makers made this story one sided. All the characters lost their basic trait- Aanchal (intelligent & instinctive), Kabir- Impulsive, childish. Ranvir- Calm & calculative.
Instead they turned, Aanchal- Stupid, Abla Nari; Kabir- Mahan Devta, Ranvir- Krur Rakshas.

And this was not something why I signed for Haasil.

They didn't have to turn Ranvir Psycho. He could easily be crazy for Aanchal & not psycho. And the story turned stupid because Aanchal's character turned stupid to extent beyond repair. She fell for Kabir, haste in getting marriage with him, kundali dosh, Sarika Manao Abhiyan, getting married to Ranvir & the list continues. So, primarily, Aanchal's characterization did the greatest damage to the show. On the top of that, they had to turn Ranvir (the character I shipped for) creepy. I couldn't see his scenes after he slapped Aanchal & she bought it.
PranPriye thumbnail
Started seeing this serial because of Vatsal.. Guess I am in the minority as I like Aanchal-Kabir pairing.. I was pleasantly surprised to see Vatsal in a positive character and Zayed in a negative one (lately) as I didn't want to see Vatsal playing another version of Shaurya (too repetitive). 
My thoughts:

Aanchal: Easily one of the most spineless characters I have ever seen. Esp. after this scene: She tells Kabir that she would burn forever like that fire and would bear the pain of her breaking dreams if she were to leave him. Would he still want her to go to Ranvir? Kabir agrees. God forbid, if my boyfriend would dare to agree to something like that, I would set fire to him myself. ZERO self respect. Nikita is acting well. She can improve a little in the intense scenes, I feel. On the whole, her acting impresses me the most amongst the three leads.

Kabir: Again, one of the stupidest characters I have ever seen. Instead of trying to find a girl who would be a good match for the brother he loves above all, he is pushing his own girlfriend, who has categorically stated that she will never love anyone other than him,towards Ranvir. I had expected better acting from Vatsal but he seems stuck in the 'Shaurya' zone. I really hope he comes out of this soon as I feel he has tremendous potential. The way he performs intense scenes is good and I really feel his pain. He has an amazing smile, looks good, and I like seeing him play positive characters. On the whole, disappointing performance for me and I sincerely hope he bounces back. 

Ranvir: I don't get this character. His obsession with Aanchal or his lack of feelings towards his brother. Whatever Kabir's flaws, he loves Ranvir like a true sibling. Wouldn't it be difficult for Ranvir to try to take Kabir's love? I feel, Zayed would have been better in a positive character. I never felt the depth of Ranvir's passion towards Aanchal that made him a nutcase. Note to Indian scriptwriters: All murderers are not psychos and all psychos are not murderers. Zayed's voice is a dream. On the acting front, I feel he has a long way to go. 

The story is the biggest let-down. The romance between AanBir looks sweet but is a little too late. The plot and twists have become ridiculous and I just watch this show as 20 mins of a laugh-riot. 

On the plus side, really liked Aanchal's clothes and AanBir hairstyles.

Wish the Best of Luck for all the cast and crew of the show and hope they get better work next time!