Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: _Arunima_

I think it's more than being a muslim as Saba mentioned that the Indian crew were allowed to pass which included Irrfan Khan too. 
If you check the Pakistani passport rank in global power index, it comes third last i.e 197 of 200 countries. 
https://www.passportindex.org/byIndividualRank.php

Malaysia with majority of population practicing Islam is Ranked # 26 (US and Canada are 20 and 21 and Australia 25)...  

It all depends on how the country is perceived... also co-incidently many malaysians do not have the typical muslim surname
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
It looks like she is giving an audition for a movie😆

PcS. my heart bleeds for you
IM heading over there 2/10/18 ⭐️⭐️
noorsand thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3
Its more to do with colour of your skin. I am currently studying in Australia and the amount of times I have been told that I have been randomly selected for a check or a dog coming in and sniffing my luggage is staggering. Having an Indian passport doesn't help either. It just depends where you go, I am a PR card holder of Canada so going to North America is always a breeze. Its stupid that its been almost been 2 decades since 9/11 and still people with brown skin are singled out; worst is for guys who have facial hair. 
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
It is stupid, considering how all 9-11 terrorists were clean shaven
TotalBetty thumbnail
You know the hassles everyone in the world has to go thru nowadays at airports, during airtravel?

In America air travel used to be a breeze, you could get on the plane at the last minute

And now you have get their hrs before and the security, baggage clearance, aargh... and every orifice in the body is displayed and checked by TSA

I've heard many white people complain that they are being treated badly every time at airport security

Of course all this is stupid, after 9/11 not one terror incident has even been reported or attempted, righ?
😛Edited by ---Betty--- - 6 years ago
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
After 9/11 which I strongly believe is an inside job, so that would give Bush an excuse to go ahead with his agenda. That was to go and invade Afghanistan and later Iraq under a false claim of having WMD's. 
Unfortunately Pakistan was made a scapegoat and got embroiled in a war that was not theirs making. Made the extremists cross border and create terrorists cells.

These terrorists always target those who are already suffering the consequences of the war and are angry  for loosing their loved ones.

It's so easy to condemn a country without understanding the reasons behind those actions. Now America wants Pakistan to clean up the mess they created in the 1st place.
TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

9/11 has sadly changed a lot of things. That lapse in security caused one of the deadliest attacks in the world and resulted in the U.S. and a lot of other countries being paranoid and almost going overboard with the security concerns. I know it's unfair to generalise and its extremely humiliating to be frisked that way just because you belong to a certain country or religion but do we have a choice? Even a lot of Indians go through it when they have certain surnames. It's unfortunate but with the alarming rise in terrorism, it was bound to happen. Countries are bound to get paranoid and it is only going to worsen in the future. Chicago is the worst of the lot. People come back with such horrific stories to tell about the interrogations at the Port of Entry.

Since Obamas time, in America everybody is either frisked or they take pic of your unclothed, uncovered body and orifices at the airport, not just people from one particular religion or certain surnames
so as to not hurt their feelings...
TotalBetty thumbnail
Since 9/11 everybody has to go thru so much hassles but another major attack at least plane attack has not happened... And some people are complaining about hurt feelings ?   😲
(Of course now they've taken to mowing people down with trucks, very hard to prevent that)
They are only concerned about their inconvenience?

And wasn't Osama living there, near there military academy, for several yrs?

The doctor who helped Obama capture Osama is still in jail in that country

sherlockthor thumbnail
Common citizens are not at fault. Remember we were all one country less than 100 years ago.
Its a governments fault