Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CuttingChai thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Atleast its better for her since she is a celebrity. Common ppl have to endure much more. Edited by Mascarpone - 6 years ago
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I thought it was easy for celebrities but it seems like they faced airport problems too, I saw lots of famous worldwide singers who complain about this discrimination of being checked
_Arunima_ thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I think it's more than being a muslim as Saba mentioned that the Indian crew were allowed to pass which included Irrfan Khan too. 
If you check the Pakistani passport rank in global power index, it comes third last i.e 197 of 200 countries. 
https://www.passportindex.org/byIndividualRank.php
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: _Arunima_

I think it's more than being a muslim as Saba mentioned that the Indian crew were allowed to pass which included Irrfan Khan too. 
If you check the Pakistani passport rank in global power index, it comes third last i.e 197 of 200 countries. 
https://www.passportindex.org/byIndividualRank.php

I am not from Pakistan and a USA citizen but still get checked so yeah Muslim is a big factor
beingsirius thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
.Edited by mainhoondon - 6 years ago
beingsirius thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Pakistan is world famous as biggest exporter of terrorism. This was to be expected. 
Illyrion thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Terenaina

I am not from Pakistan and a USA citizen but still get checked so yeah Muslim is a big factor

American TV makes Pakistan sound like an out and out terrorist state despite receiving American aid. I don't doubt Pakistani travelers are treated differently just because of the passports they carry. 

As far as religion goes, I think most Americans can't tell the difference between a Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, or Jain, they are suspicious regardless! My husband used to always get additional security even though he's lived in America since he was a baby. He speaks perfect American English, has an American passport, and a clearly (to anyone who knows these things) Hindu last name (his first name is actually English). It ended when we got global entry. Before that, virtually every flight he was flagged for additional security though his name wasn't on a watch list. Both my first and last name sound foreign to Americans. I don't know if it is because I was born in the US or because I am fairer, smaller, and female but I have never had any trouble passing security.  
Hazardous thumbnail
I saw the video and I think she's being a bit melodramatic. Was she living inside a bubble this entire time? I've noticed it with a lot of Pakistanis, they're always stuck in their "mera Pakistan mahaan, Pakistan the great blah blah blah" and it's like they're completely oblivious of the perceptions that the rest of the world holds about them. What she described is the reality of many people with very obviously Muslim sounding names or those who come from majority-Muslim nations. Is it inconvenient? Yes. Humiliating? Maybe for some. Whatever maybe the case, it's a necessary filtering system and I'm not mad at it.Edited by Hazardous - 6 years ago
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Security should be tightened.. be it anywhere.. 
SportsFreak thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hazardous

I saw the video and I think she's being a bit melodramatic. Was she living inside a bubble this entire time? I've noticed it with a lot of Pakistanis, they're always stuck in their "meri Pakistan mahaan, Pakistan the great blah blah blah" and it's like they're completely oblivious of the perceptions that the rest of the world holds about them. What she described is the reality of many people with very obviously Muslim sounding names or those who come from majority-Muslim nations. Is it inconvenient? Yes. Humiliating? Maybe for some. Whatever maybe the case, it's a necessary filtering system and I'm not mad at it.

I wish we could also filter the Americans that mess some countries by interfering in them. Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Libya and soon Iran who knows. If it were not for the West terrorism and extremists groups would have been few. They created the problems but Muslims from even countries that are Muslim minority pay the price