'Haasil' to end in February-Discuss Here ONLY

Posted: 6 years ago
Sony Entertainment Television will bid adieu to its thriller series Haasil' in February, its been confirmed.

The show, which marked the debut of Bollywood star Zayed Khan on television, was launched in October and is now going off-air due to a poor run. Even though the fiction was always meant to be a finite series, the ending seems premature.

Producer of Haasil', Siddharth Malhotra confirmed that the show will be ending but no date was given.

Keep it with BizAsiaLive.com for more.

There have been instances when hindi GEC's continued airing few fiction shows on TV despite their poor / average ratings on BARC list. In cases, when they received great critical acclaims, when production costs were low and manageable, when online fandom was huge, when lead characters had an emotional appeal, when story has potential to improve viewership at a later date. 😊 Clearly indicates Haasil failed in multiple fronts for Sony.

Biggest drawback of Haasil from an Indian audience perspective (be it urban or rural) despite its other shortcomings discussed elaborately on this forum is its female lead, her characterization, her styling and sorry no offence, the actress playing the role.😳

So its quite expected news..Below were lines from my earlier post on this forum..was pretty sure Haasil won't get 100 or 130 episodes of airtime despite being touted as finite series even though makers were shooting in advance with a good bank of 20-25 episodes in their kitty..they suddenly started doing media segments from sets and were releasing spoilers as well..but that couldn't do damage control.πŸ˜›  

" irrespective of getting critical acclaims or NOT,  rise or fall in popularity and weekly TRPs, regular mixed feedback shared by audience, Haasil will get airtime till Feb, though not sure about Mar and hence makers/writers/cvs be least bothered to impart any positive changes into their show. πŸ˜³ While Sony has been focusing on promoting its high budgeted period shows Porus and Prithvi Vallabh, it definitely has few new fiction dramas lineup on floors waiting for telecast this new year. May be from Feb we will get to see more media news and promos about their other new fiction shows."

Edited by 47AL - 6 years ago
Originally posted by 47AL

There have been instances when hindi GEC's continued airing few fiction shows on TV despite their poor / average ratings on BARC list. In cases, when they received great critical acclaims, when production costs were low and manageable, when online fandom was huge, when lead characters had an emotional appeal, when story has potential to improve viewership at a later date. 😊 Clearly indicates Haasil failed in multiple fronts for Sony.

Biggest drawback of Haasil from an Indian audience perspective (be it urban or rural) despite its other shortcomings discussed elaborately on this forum is its female lead, her characterization, her styling and sorry no offence, the actress playing the role.😳

So its quite expected news..Below were lines from my earlier post on this forum..was pretty sure Haasil won't get 100 or 130 episodes of airtime despite being touted as finite series even though makers were shooting in advance with a good bank of 20-25 episodes in their kitty..they suddenly started doing media segments from sets and were releasing spoilers as well..but that couldn't do damage control.πŸ˜›  

" irrespective of getting critical acclaims or NOT,  rise or fall in popularity and weekly TRPs, regular mixed feedback shared by audience, Haasil will get airtime till Feb, though not sure about Mar and hence makers/writers/cvs be least bothered to impart any positive changes into their show. πŸ˜³ While Sony has been focusing on promoting its high budgeted period shows Porus and Prithvi Vallabh, it definitely has few new fiction dramas lineup on floors waiting for telecast this new year. May be from Feb we will get to see more media news and promos about their other new fiction shows."

nikita is neither a bad choice nor a bad actor. If used properly she cpuld have been a very strong character. She did a good job in both dream girl and edkv. But the characterisation of aanchal itself was a big letdown. The over hype around the show and the character ruined it more
I guess her wardrobe is the only thing worth watching in the showπŸ˜†
I guess the biggest drawback is kabir and aachal's pairing. The main reason why a hindi show manages to get a huge youth fan base and online fanbase is the chemistry b/w the leads which was totally lacking in haasil. leave the chemistry they looked totally odd together. This is the first time nikita had such bad chemistry with a costar. Zayad and niki had the potential but the makers were blind
I am not surprised that the show is ending up earlier. Seeing so much negative comments plus low trps i knew this show will face the banner very soon. when the promos came i always knew either it will be a super hit show (given if they could have impress viewers with the actual story) or a super flop show(failed expectation) and this is what happened but unfortunately the bad one happened. I used to love this show till they made ranvir pyscho. I was fine wid ranvir being negative or dark grey given the fact all three characters should be grey, but pyscho was something too hyped and typical. the last week's episode was such a headache, poisoning food just to haasil your love, thats so too much and is purely psychotic and plus enjoying seeing her being bashed up. Thats obsession not love.If this kind of show was made 3-4 years back, maybe it could have worked. The show seemed quite promising in the inital weeks and the mauritius episodes were a bliss. But unfortunately even the first episode couldnt meet up the expectations. Had potential but failed badly. I completely agree with the poor characterziation of the FL. to be a honest i am big fan of Nikita Dutta, but this time she choose the wrong show. This has been her worst show. Her character seemed so promising in the initial episodes, turned out to be a dumb totally positive girl. Even the chemistry I agree, i felt in the promo aanbir has a better chemistry, but after the show began i realised aanvir had an amazing chemistry, aanbir chemistry is not bad but the height diff is so odd.this is a major reason why aanbir failed. I liked niki's chemistry with mohsin, namik, zayed but it couldnt work out with vatty. I am still big fan of nikita, and i hope she makes the right choice next time like dream girl and edkv though she was unlucky in both the cases. She has potential but she has to choose her role really carefully specially. And i loved zayed's acting in the show(the improvement he showed). From this show, its evident both zayed and vatsal are better actor in negative roles.
Keeping aside Aanchal's characterization about which there have been too many detailed posts on forum, coming to styling, some of us in general may like few outfits that got used on this show..which can be termed one-off case.

But from a general fiction daily show watching audience perspective or even from a critical view point right after first two weeks of episodes the makers forgot whom they are actually styling.. πŸ˜› sry they didn't style Aanchal a middle class modern girl or Aanchal the NGO lady or Aanchal the corporate legal head of Raichands or Aanchal who tuned into Ranvir's secret wife hidden from world & media.. makers actually focused on styling elaborately Nikitha the actress.. now that's a huge difference with all other inconsistencies seen onscreen. 

And sry I may be termed neutral viewer of this show, and so had no specific favorites of any actors/actresses when this show started and neither now after seeing all these episodes..Mostly I felt  Aman and Mrs.Shrivastav's roles and their performances have been consistent in the show when compared to rest of the cast.😊 Nikitha's voice modulation, her eyes, her pout and diction in many scenes seemed off-sync from the situation or backdrop getting shown. 
I want an unpredictable ending for this show. Though I know  that it won't happen.
Originally posted by _suchi_

Which serial will replace it

We may hear very soon.. Sony was supposed to launch two fiction shows early 2018, Saas bina Sasural season 2 and one more pehalwan show with Sohail Khan. Lets see..
Originally posted by 47AL

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">There have been instances when hindi GEC's continued airing few fiction shows on TV despite their poor / average ratings on BARC list. In cases, when they received great critical acclaims, when production costs were low and manageable, when online fandom was huge, when lead characters had an emotional appeal, when story has potential to improve viewership at a later date. 😊Clearly indicates Haasil failed in multiple fronts for Sony.</font>

Biggest drawback of Haasilfrom an Indian audience perspective (be it urban or rural)despite its other shortcomings discussed elaborately on this forum is itsfemale lead, her characterization, her styling and sorry no offence, the actress playing the role.😳
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">

So its quite expected news..Below were lines from my earlier post on this forum..was pretty sure Haasil won't get 100 or 130 episodes of airtime despite being touted as finite series even though makers were shooting in advance with a good bank of 20-25 episodes in their kitty..they suddenly started doing media segments from sets and were releasing spoilers as well..but that couldn't do damage control.πŸ˜›</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">" irrespective of getting critical acclaims or NOT, rise or fall in popularity and weekly TRPs, regular mixed feedback shared by audience, Haasil will get airtime till Feb, though not sure about Mar and hence makers/writers/cvs be least bothered to impart any positive changes into their show.😳While Sony has been focusing on promoting its high budgeted period shows Porus and Prithvi Vallabh, it definitely has few new fiction dramas lineup on floors waiting for telecast this new year. May be from Feb we will get to see more media news and promos about their other new fiction shows."</font>

I don't agree Nikita being bad choice for the role. She was brilliant as Suman /Sumo in EDKV. Initially She was the reason that edkv got popular as Namik was new and wasn't good for first few episodes. If we analyze closely aanchal and Sumo were similar type of characters with both being independent, self respected, no nonsense type but here Aanchal became dumb after few episodes So I think it's poorly written characters the reason behind failure of the show.
Originally posted by _suchi_

Which serial will replace it

My guess is it will be KRPKAB season 3. And this serial probably will come back with a different name. Like Pehredaar Piya Ki coming back as Rishta Likenge Hum Naya with leap. Kind of like this. The one thing I am not sure is whether the original team and crew of KRPKAB will be used. But story will kind of start where it stopped in Nov 2017, with season 2.

This is just my instinct and strong feeling. But it might turn out to be not true too... πŸ˜†