Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
@Janas I dont know exactly. But it can be based on consumption. I mean for a movie till it is released you can say profit or loss. It is decided by the viewers who watch the film. The film gets to run more if it has more viewers. 
Similarly for amzon or netflix the PH might get paid based on the amount of watchers for that particular series. Based on consumption they will decide whether another season is needed or not. What is the plus is that every season will be complete in its way or the story of that season will be completely told. So as a viewer you wont be disappointed. 

See in television here the problem is, the viewer invests his or her time and the length of the show is determined by TRP, so on many occasions the viewer is left high and dry as they dont get a complete feeling.

@naq I remember badthameez dil I had watched it. But even in hotstar it was a hurried end, not a proper end. 
Christie2017 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks Naq and Shruthi. I guess, then they could have done that.
 But 1 thing and I am sure all of will agree. I am quoting the Gita - do ur duty with utmost devotion and sincerity; leave the results to ur karma (or God). I feel BS and Rolling Stones did that. Whether SP relents and gives an extn or the show stops two weeks later, the outcome of that can well be seen from these forum as also their twitter. And I believe one more whatever happens happens for good. So if BS & Co. r good, their future will be good.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Guys I have not analyzed for 2 days as it is mostly closing. So I will put my thoughts on episodes.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Fine two things happened today. Neither Satrupa nor Dheeru has any intention to make business partnership personal. But Vikku and Gayatri wants it. Vikku wants the old relation, but yes Dheeru had personal relation with LM that cost him, his reputation and struggle of his family. Gayatri understands what had made Anami change her mind. 

Now what Dheeru and Satrupa doesnt understand is that their children are past the age they can be controlled. Adhiraj wants to go to Anami's b'day at any cost and Anami wants him too. Tanya supports her brother here and not her father. With Anami both siblings have developed a bond. 

Satrupa speaks to Baldev who doesnt trust her, reason of course her past and things she have done in the past. So one thing is sure, Satrupa has not done the blast. CVs wont close it at that. Sher singh will tell the truth. Only thing we need to see whether it is Sudha or Pujan. Depends on how CVs want to close it. 

Sudha is in search of the flower pot. Without that she doesnt have the recording and she cannot create any hungama. Anami and dadi was sweet. Just like dadi's love to see their grand children take the baby steps, then fall today dadi was teaching Anami to walk with heels. To change her style of walking. Yes the princess of LM, dadi has to ensure she looks a princess too. Yes Anami will have to change, change with the time for her new role as she attains 18 and I hope Pandit and Pandthiyan accepts that Anami is still their daughter, but her duties have changed.
simran_singh_24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Bit of Princess Diary today, Like I wished, it was nice to see Gayathri grooming Anami.
Finally Satrupa cracked under pressure & sought ehr husband's help.Hope Baldev raises to the occasion.

Satrupa is back to her control freak ways, forbidding & insulting Adhi,even after telling Anami about a transparent relationship.Hypocrite she forgot to mention being blackmailed by her daughter😆

Ok, am reading some symbolic rishta in Vikku & Dhiru drinking juice😆

Wish they had Pujan & Co in the back ground, just scheming and being jealous.Their absence is so glaring.
Mangothyme thumbnail

Originally posted by: Janas2017

Thanks Anita. So this is how it works. Netflix or Amazon pays the producers directly if it is happy with storyline approached first by the producer, who in turn can reimburse his/her cast/crew. Also they may pay the channels directly for the content. Am I right in understanding?

In that case how is it feasible for Netflix? I mean they have to pay an enormous sum to producers/channels and if they charge quite nominally, how would it work out in the long run. I know for instance, Amazon still runs in losses, but their g/will and share markets r high because of hits on their websites. But we don't know when that might burst. I am asking purely from the profit aspect.

Jana my knowledge of production of shows is very less. But in the US for network TV there is something called Pilot season where new shows are pitched and how it works.

This is how a Netflix show was pitched successfully.

Amazon in the US is making great profit (like billions in this quarter alone). Netflix exceeded expectations with number of new subscribers. But both are publicly traded companies so they have lots of money.

In addition both Amazon and Netflix are producing movies. In fact Manchester by the sea produced by Amazon was Oscar nominated and won last year.

It was produced for less than $10 million and made more than $70 million I think. 

They are changing the face of US movie and television. When they start producing in India which they soon will Indian television will change too. 

Suni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mangothyme

Jana my knowledge of production of shows is very less. But in the US for network TV there is something called Pilot season where new shows are pitched and how it works.

This is how a Netflix show was pitched successfully.

Amazon in the US is making great profit (like billions in this quarter alone). Netflix exceeded expectations with number of new subscribers. But both are publicly traded companies so they have lots of money.

In addition both Amazon and Netflix are producing movies. In fact Manchester by the sea produced by Amazon was Oscar nominated and won last year.

It was produced for less than $10 million and made more than $70 million I think. 

They are changing the face of US movie and television. When they start producing in India which they soon will Indian television will change too. 

Netflix has already started producing in India. Inside edge was the 1st series and now the next one looks like fun with Vicky Kaushal - Love per square foot. Releasing next week on Netflix.  Amazon produced Breathe with the fabulous Madhavan and Amit Sadh on Jan 26th.  So the change has begun...
Christie2017 thumbnail
Anita, Amazon posting profit is only for their TV content or is it overall? Coz, bookkeeping allows certain ways in which accounts can be manipulated Reliance JIo is a case in point), for investment purposes. But if what u r saying is correct, then my source is wrong about Amazon. I take back what I said then. I don't have direct access to their record 😊.
For as u said, for Netflix or Amazon, though  they have made an entry, it will a few years at least for them to reach overall India (I mean rural as well as urban). And, I can tell u 1 thing. The mentality of people even in urban areas is sadistic which is y trash in the name of emotion is high on ratings. They find pleasure in pain. And so sensible people r left in the lurch due to TRPs.
Even if Netflix or Amazon does make an impact, it all depends on viewership; and if dear viewers want to see a dead bodies coming alive. they will air those contents. I am talking of Indian languages. English is an altogether diff. ball game. 
If SP doesn't give in to viewers (prob. of this is very high), the producers of RKC - BS and Rolling Stone may decide to air regressive content so that they  survive. It is very difficult to maintain an equibm of both. And as producers, they may be tempted to do that. SRK in his first prodn made a nice film "Phit bhi dil hai Hindustani". When it bombed at the BO, he started trashing out Main Hoon Na and the likes. Let us see if BS doesn't change his attitude and and how he will survive.
shruthiravi thumbnail
@mangothyme movie making changed a lot with arrival of multiplex and satellite right. I wouldn't have imagined a queen or the recent padman will happen. But many such themes are explored and it is interesting to watch scripted movies with less song and dance. Indian television was way ahead of its times in 90s when I was a school kid.then came ekta kapoor and we started getting these trp shows that claim to represent Indian sanskaar.one entire generation is tuned to it and the shift will take time. 
Christie2017 thumbnail
As to the epi y'day I think Shrithi summed it up very well. Yes Simmi, it is aka Princess Diaries - I'd mentioned it earlier on wrt Adhi-Anami.
I feel SS is in the pay of Pujan; Sudha doesn't have access after her bro died. So in the end BD will realise the culprit Pujan is and  was and apologise to Dheeru for the mistakes. All's well that ends well.
Y'day had its editing lapses. Sat was wearing a diff saree from the one she had on day b4 only to revert to the prev. saree later 😆. But I don't understand y she is so against Adhi. I'd thought it'd be BD. Dheeru & Sat against; so something between them. Not a reln. but there is some connection. I wish they showed more of Adhi-Tanya's interaction with their father as well. I mean they were children (Adhi too) when Dheeru was jailed, so if Dheeru discloses the whole truth I'd be happy. I just wish they show it at least a bit properly instead of hurried and botched up.
Rest on expected lines.