Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

@Shruthi Di and Twinu,the Paikas were cultivators in the districts of Odisha who were also a military force.They worked as cultivators but during wartimes they used to fight in the army of the king.For their services they were rewarded with rent free lands.In 1803,when the British took over Odisha they claimed authority over the lands and Paikas were discredited.This led to tension and outrage within the Paikas which resulted in the uprising of 1817.The Paikas were led by Baksi Jagabandhu against the British.

Some Odia historians claim that this revolt was the First War Of Independence instead of the Revolt of 1857 and wish for it to be declared offcially as the same.
But my father and I have a different opinion.This uprising was localised and confined to Odisha mainly.There was no national participation unlike the Revolt of 1857.Therefore it cannot be termed as the First War Of Independence.
However we do think that this even should be mentioned in history books and texts and get the due acknowledgement. 

So much history yet no focus
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yes Mano. I am not even aware of such an incident. As Ashi says whether it is the first war of independance or not is second thing, but such a thing has to be known to the current generation. And I strongly feel there are more such things which have been buried.
CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

@Shruthi Di and Twinu,the Paikas were cultivators in the districts of Odisha who were also a military force.They worked as cultivators but during wartimes they used to fight in the army of the king.For their services they were rewarded with rent free lands.In 1803,when the British took over Odisha they claimed authority over the lands and Paikas were discredited.This led to tension and outrage within the Paikas which resulted in the uprising of 1817.The Paikas were led by Baksi Jagabandhu against the British.

Some Odia historians claim that this revolt was the First War Of Independence instead of the Revolt of 1857 and wish for it to be declared offcially as the same.
But my father and I have a different opinion.This uprising was localised and confined to Odisha mainly.There was no national participation unlike the Revolt of 1857.Therefore it cannot be termed as the First War Of Independence.
However we do think that this even should be mentioned in history books and texts and get the due acknowledgement. 

Thank u for the info Twinu πŸ€—

Even though localised to Odisha it should be acknowledged , not as first revolt of Independence but at least should be mentioned in our text book 
CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Madhu_4u

Congrats for the new cc πŸ₯³

ok now dont give me that alien look πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I know am not active on IF but promise will be back once sharmaji is backπŸ˜‰
afterall how can I be away from drooling my hottie β˜ΊοΈ

Hiii Madhu❀️😊

Bold- now u have promised, u have to come back πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Vdvisa thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Wow congratulations on the new CC. The old CC also finished but no PV yet...
Thushi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Mano-

Nowadays SP is taking time for each show

all channel taking tym but at least sp knw when they want to launch the show nd release promo according to thatπŸ˜†

btw CSA is SB show na ..  in last article they mentioned Star bharat  .. first it was SPs now SB πŸ˜•πŸ˜†

Thushi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Madhu_4u

Congrats for the new cc πŸ₯³

ok now dont give me that alien look πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I know am not active on IF but promise will be back once sharmaji is backπŸ˜‰
afterall how can I be away from drooling my hottie β˜ΊοΈ

c who was here πŸ˜†I though to call u meens 4 now that u promised i will waait nd c .. hope  its not lyk her tomo which beated ashu SOON πŸ€£πŸ˜†  

btw Hiii madhuuu πŸ€— 

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Guys did you see the debate on Triple Talaq bill that criminalizes Triple Talaq. Apart from what was seen in LS, I saw a very good discussion in Asianet News yesterday. I would say hats off to Hameed Chethamangalam who cut through the views of the so called protectors of religion using the Quaran and Sharia itself. 
I especially loved when he talked about the spiritual message and social message with respect to religious texts. He told spiritual message cannot be changed and none is changing it. But social message is subject to change with respect to times. It has happened earlier also and he cited many examples for the same. 

Same thing we were talking with respect to SKR also right. The idea of Narayan cannot change with times, that is he stands for sustenance and justice, but how he achieves it depends on the time period the story happens. 

Moral brigade in their eagerness to treat Ram and Krishna as Gods uses their action as such in the present yuga also citing their namesπŸ˜ƒ
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Have you guys seen this before
It's a fanmade Trailer

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N10iWGPXllY[/YOUTUBE]
Vdvisa thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Mano-

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#9966CC">Have you guys seen this before
It's a fanmade Trailer</font>

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N10iWGPXllY[/YOUTUBE]

Wow interesting take they have all the top stars across India on the cast 😳