From Four, To Fourteenth | Happy Birthday, I-F!

MsChanadlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago

DISCLAIMER: We would like to inform you all that only a selective number of TV show characters/couples have been used in this thread and we request all IFians to understand that incorporating every character from every show ever shown on TV was impossible. 
Therefore, we tried selecting a TV pair from a randomly selected TV show from each channel to make it as fair as possible. We would like to take this opportunity and apologise if your favourite lead pair or show has not been referenced in this thread. 

Behind big black spectacles, two eyes shone widely in appreciation as the person looked around, she was busy admiring when a cough startled her. 

Armaan: What are you doing here Jassi? 

Jassi(adjusting her glasses before giving a big smile): I heard that IF today has turned 14 years old so I came to stroll around and see what changes have taken place over these past 14 years. 

Armaan: Seems like there is a lot of them! The whole scenario has completely changed. It was not this huge before. Remember the time when IF was nothing but a single blog? 

Jassi: Of course I do! It was a small discussion site made by Vijay, the same man who with his hard work and brains, has turned that blog into a worldwide known site where millions of enthusiastic surfers from hundreds of countries, admirers of different shows, have come together to form a fandom and create a 'second' home for themselves!

Both of them were suddenly interrupted by some noise and as they turned back to see, they found a couple making their way towards them. 

Prem: Look at this Heer! Is this really the same old IF? Our IF? How much has it changed over these years! 

Heer: Yes Prem! Oh I still remember when IF was a small home with a few members who came and shared their views about their favourite shows and couples. Seeing this big platform today, nobody could possibly imagine how small it was when it all began.

Prem: Definitely! For me, the biggest change is the activity -There was never this much activity in those days right? The population on IF has grown rapidly - I am sure 90% of the members do not even know one another because it is so difficult keeping track of the thousands that have joined IF over the years.

Heer: Sigh, those were the golden good old days! Though less in number, people were always as passionate about their choices as they are now. But I have to admit, the environment was a lot more peaceful back then and fanwars were little to none. 

Prem: Fans have always been a bit too expressive. Discussion and arguments on one side, their creativity has always been a feature to notice. The stories written over the time, the creations made, the games played, the smiles shared, everything is so memorable. 

Bani(making an entry): Do not forget to mention the articles and interesting threads that make their way to becoming Global Announcement threads every month. And that is all thanks to the BC and CC teams... they did not exist initially. The DTs were also small in number and a lot less tensed compared to how they are today. We also did not have any live interviews with stars and fans did not have access to every celebrity gossip at just the tip of their fingers, yet they made sure they kept up to date with all the important buzz.

Jassi: Tell me about it! We had radio interviews during those days. It used to be fun and keeping in mind the technology and its advances then, it was all we could ask for.

Jai Walia: And today as we stand here, looking at the platform that once was our home and always will be; I think everyone would enjoy going for a ride around our beloved, magnanimous I-F. The evolution of IF is an interesting journey - let us all relive the moments once again!

Jassi : Wait, I'm joining y'all!

Edited by Yuvika_15 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

KhushiJaise chandi ki parakh kuthali par aur sone ki parakh bhatti mein hoti hai, vaise hi kisi bhi cheez  ki parakh logo dwara ki gayi prashansa se hoti hai! (smiles)

Arnav: Aur prashansa prathana se adh- adhi... oh whatever (flicks a dismissive hand) I just mean to say it's good to appreciate good things, and India-forums is climbing up the ladder of success!

Khushi: Hey Devi mayya Arnavji you're speaking all wrong, we were supposed to speak in hindi!  We had rehearsed so much!

Arnav: What the--- Khushi... I am trying and when I don't remember you should help me cover-up, you are not supposed to point my mistakes out! Aur feelings important hoti hai dialogue nahi!

Khushi: Cheers! (IF's Vijay Style) Arnavji kya dialogue mara hai!

Arnav: Your cheers just reminded me what we are here for! To discuss the connection between the stars and the fans on this very site. Remember, there used to be celebrity blogs... famous faces of TV used to have personal blogs which they would update regularly allowing personal interaction with fans and also allowing fans to learn more about their favourites. Kuch stars ke blogs to main bhi follow karta tha.. (Winks) Shweta Tiwari ka blog.

Khushi: Achaji... blogs ka mujhe bhi pata hai. Main to khud Hussain aur Tina ka blog follow karti thi. It gave an insight into their lives and the adventures they got upto together. Hum duno ko bhi unki tarha adventure par jana chaheye. (Arnav nodded in agreement) And the most amazing feature of IF that I love is the idea of having live chats with my audience, you know I'm really very active on social media but it's so difficult to go through so many comments... but IF sorts them out for me and I'm really very glad about it!

Maan(nodding): I could not agree with you more Mrs. Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada (exhales his breath, it was a long name!)... the best thing is that even though it's called India-forums, it's become a world-wide network so people can access it from anywhere... and it has only positive vibes to give out be it for actors or members!

Geet: Yeah, I can now connect with my fans abroad too, they come to know about me via Tellybuzz, a part of IF which gives out television gossips before any other site. It acts as a source of advertising the show, some of my fans started watching the show after being intrigued by TB articles they saw on the site. It is also fun to read reviews our fans leave for us!

Maan: Yes indeed, I just read a series of complaints Geet had for Maan there!

Geet: What do you mean? Didn't we get a happy ending?! (Looks confused)

Maan: We did, but fans sometimes complained during certain tracks. Did you know, IF has proven to be a good platform for writers - the TV industry could do with some writers from IF you know. Just the other day, I came across a fan-fiction and was literally astonished by the writer's creativity! The narration and well the story even had a poster!

Geet: WOW! That means that India-Forums doesn't just help us grow as actors but also pulls out the best from their own members be it in graphics or writing! (smiles) Ekta Kapoor should find some writers from this site to join Balaji!

Zoya(annoyed): Allah miya what is wrong with you two? Ab sab kuch aap hi bologe kuch humare liye bhi chod doh!

Asad(follows an overexcited Zoya into the hall): Miss Farooqui log dekh rahe hai... Where is your tameez and tehzeeb?

Zoya: Woh duno gaye tel lene... Now let us continue! Will you please? (blinks her eyes dramatically)

Asad(Furiously): Miss Farooqui!

Zoya(Taking Asad's arm):  Toh dosto yeh hai mere Akhdu Husband Khan... chalo issi baat pe ek sher arz kiya hai (Looks at Asad)

Asad(tubelight mode): Irshad Zoya Irshad!

Zoya: Marne ke baad heaven mile sabko yahi mannat hai... Marne ke baad heaven mile sabko yahi mannat hai, India-Forums yeh toh TV ki duniya ki jannat hai! Shukriya! Shukriya! (Looks at Asad waiting for a response)

Asad (confused): Wah wah Zoya... Wah wah!

Zoya: So coming back where were they?!

Asad: They were-

Zoya: Oh never mind Mr. Khan! So lemme say something about India-Forums... I'm just in love with that site! A very big thanks to Mr. Vijay for merging Bollywood, Tellywood, Hollywood and even Cricket so that I can drool over my Salman, Shahrukh, Dhoni and all anhoni on TV!

Asad: Calm down Miss Farooqui!

Zoya: Allah miya what's wrong with you! Aaj ka din kitna suhana hai Mr. Khan how can you ask me to be calm?!... issi baat pe ek sher arz kiya hai...

Asad (interrupting her): I said calm down Zoya! (Adjusts his tie) So India-Forums, many times I feel amazed to see the extent to which the audience notice the very fine details which even we don't bother to notice! And then they discuss these details under the title "Bloopers" - Gosh it can be very embarrassing at times.

Zoya: Yeah I really have to be extra careful and exercise a great deal of caution Mr. Khan with my every move... every action is under the scanner of these hawk-eyed members! The tiniest details right from my head to toe are noted. Ab to they even produce regular "Kuch Bhi" articles, discussing the bizarre stuff that is shown on TV - presenting the bad points in good humour I suppose.

Madhubala: But everything has some bad points as well as the good points. Maybe we should appreciate the good points and learn from the bad points.

RK(agreeing): Yeah I get it, but sometimes people tend to forget the difference between actors and characters! The level of passion they feel for them is scary at times; the way members defend the story, their favourite couples and actors is really very----- (gets hyped up from self experience)

Madhubala: Relax RK, even if it gets bad, you don't really have to worry about it... India-forums has some amazing and stern people who are dedicated towards maintaining peace, harmony as well as a certain decorum on the forums! They work for free and are effortless at their jobs! Mr. Vijay has indeed achieved a spectacular feat in managing this whole site with his ideas and an entire Development team!

RK: Their work is really commendable then! Over the years, I have seen the forums grow and the need for more DT emerging to enforce rules and control behaviour. I must say, I seriously did not expect such a platform for television!

Ram: Well doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?

Priya(confused): unexpected... expected, what are you saying?

Ram: (laughs) But you know what the best part is? That it is completely a non-commercialized site and the access to it is quite easy too!

Priya: And is it user friendly? Definitely!

Ram: I see it as a mediator and a liaison agent between stars and the audience! It was the first site I became addicted to. Initially, there only used to be something called Chaska Meter ranking for TV shows, but now it has expanded to include Celebrity ranking too. Ranking was such a good idea. The entire team makes it looks like running a site is as easy as taking a candy from a kid!

Priya: Was a good idea?

Ram (shrugs): Yeah, it was great when I was in top 20 ranking... but I am not anymore so I choose to ignore it and regard it as "not good" anymore. 

Priya (shakes her head negatively): Typical! 

Ram: I do agree with Madhubala you know, managing a site as large as this is no joke but the entire team make it look like it is as easy as taking a candy from a kid. 

Priya: Whoever said it is easy to take a candy from a kid definitely hasn't tried taking it from one!

Ram (giggles): So true! Mr. Vijay and his team are indeed doing a wonderful job and we really wish them all the luck!

PriyaWell who doesn't?! I wish India-forums prospers and prospers for thousands of years to come!

Edited by Yuvika_15 - 6 years ago
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Welcome to last part of IF's 14th Birthday celebrations. We asked a few popular TV stars about the changes they have seen on IF and what they would like to see in future.

Here's welcoming Abhi and Pragya from Kumkum Bhagya

Abhi -  It feels great to be part of a new generation of IF, though some of you may remember that I started off with Prerna-Anurag and Om-Parvati. I was also Rishi Garewal, the player brother of Sujal in Kahin To Hoga. And then came my lead role as Prachi's Milind from Kayamath. So I can proudly say I have been associated with IF since the beginning - (Sighs) Those days were magic!

Pragya  - Aap itne purane ho?

Abhi - Oye chashmish, old is gold. Just like India-Forums is becoming gold as it is growing with time.

Pragya - Hmmm, so since you've been around since the beginning, tell me one thing that shook entire IF?

Abhi  - Easiest answer, It was IF's Post reduction announcement on 14th June 2017. Just like Modi Ji's demonetization, Vijay decided to clean up the forum by reducing one word posts. Overnight many people lost thousands of posts. People cried as if they were competing with you in crying, Pragya. You have to write meaningful comments or use the Like button, no more +1 or TFS posts anymore!!

Pragya-  Abhi Ji, right answer. But hey I cry way less than those people who lost their posts. 

Before either of them lose their memory, we thank them and move on to ...

HELLOOO ...a seductive voice in background ...and here comes a lady dressed in white, walking like a sly cat. She is none other than the glamorously scary, err,  Maya Mehrotra

Call me  MRS MAYA ARJUN SHARMA !!

Maya  -  My dear friends on India-Forums, I want to talk to you about IF's way of educating people and exchanging knowledge

Excuse me Mrs Maya Arjun Sharma, knowledge and IF? 

Maya *Giving us a deadly "Maya look" *  continues  -

The topics and sections on IF are diverse. There are sections for Fashion, Books, Technology, Food , Love and Relationships and a lot more.

BUT...if you want to know psychology, criminology or insight of anyone's mind, Fanwars are the best source of knowledge. Psychology, Law/order, Global warming, Ozone Layer, Black hole, Bermuda Triangle, Politics ... Anything can be brought up in any topic by fans to defend their favourites. Everything is fair in Fanwar !!

The passion of fans in fanwars inspires me to kill more people...errr sorry, I mean... kill people with my debating skills, just like members on this forum.

You are right , the Beyhadh forum has seen everything in defence of Maya's crimes.

Thanks Maya Ji. It was pleasure knowing you. Please Rest in Peace.

We made a quick exit from "Maya jaal" to welcome our next star guests Amma Ji and Anushka from Laado 2

Amma Ji - Sabko Raam Raam. India-Phorums ko Happy Budday .

Anushka - It feels so good to be back on India-Forums. I miss good old "Written updates on IF" days...

Amma Ji- Written updates ki hovye hai? Aaj kal Daily Discussion Thread pe maii Bigboss ke sab Live update padh leti hoon. Update ke saath members ki vishesh tippani se maza aa jayee hai. Aaj kal Live update chaale hai sab phorums pe.

Anushka -  But Ammaji , not all change is good. A lot of forums have become inactive.  I miss Debate Mansion . It was one of the most buzzing forums, sadly now it is inactive.

Ammaj - Debate baazi toh aaj kal Bollywood forum pe hovey hai. Padmavati ke naam pe wahan jo ho raha hai, Ram Ram...Mujhe to chakkar aa raha hai vo sab yaad karke...

We must say that Ammaji and Anushka know IF very well 😉.

Now we move on to welcome our next guests-  the lovely Mr and Mrs Goenka , popularly known as Kaira from Yeh Rishta kya Kehlata hai..

Kartik -  Many Happy returns of the day IF.

Naira - On the forum, you don't need to "talk to the walls" as there are many active members at any time zone.

Kartik -  Slow Claps to my Sasu Maa Hina Khan, now BigBoss ki jaan ...

Naira-  Kartik, do you know about Chaska Meter?

Kartik  - Who doesn't know about it Naira? CM rating is life goal for all forums . Everyone wants to climb up in CM ranking. Posted weekly by Vijay, the war of CM is fought fiercely. Some forums are natural CM toppers like BigBoss forum. A few like IshqBaaz, Yeh Hai Mohabbetein , Beyhadh, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata hai, Kumkum Bhagya and others are always in top 10.

Naira -  But it is debatable if CM topper is same as TRP topper. Zee's SaReGaMa tops TRPs often but forum has not achieved CM top 10 rating?

Kartik  - It isn't the same nor is it meant to be the same- CM rating is connected to activity within the forum while TRPs is to do with TV viewership. Don't tell me you expected the two to be on the same page? (Gives Naira a weird look)

We have to stop the lovely couple before they begin fighting on CM too...

Love it or hate it but you can't ignore Chaska Meter ratings.

Now look who is here !! Angoori Bhabhi and Anita Ji from BhabhiJi Ghar pe hai

Angoori Bhabhi -  Sahi Pakde hain !!  Shilpa Ji ko Happy Budday

Anita - *Rolling her eyes * - Happy Birthday to India-Forums.  Forget Shilpa Ji. She is locked in BigBoss. Angoori Ji, lets talk about India-forums . Show everyone that your English is better than Shilpa Ji's English.

Angoori  *Takes out a paper from her purse and starts reading*

I am here to applaud diversity of IF. IF has members from all continents; IF never sleeps. There are members from  16- 60 years of age on the forum, but if you ask Moderators, they'll say that everyone behaves like unruly teenager here!!  The end

Anita - That was impressive Angoori. Slow Claps for you !!

I love Sports section of IF.  IPL and threads on live cricket matches are like watching the matches with friends from all over the world. Cricket unites and divides people equally.  In Indo-Pak matches, members support their respective countries. Rivalry is fierce, but never bitter. Pakistani members enjoyed Champions Trophy Finals victory and sang Mauka Mauka. Indians gracefully congratulated them !!

In short, IF is a Big happy family and will soon reach 1, 000,000 members.

Thanks Angoori Bhabhi and Anitaji  

Lastly, we invite Pihu and Gopal from Bhootu 

Pihu - I wish India-Forums and its family a very Happy Birthday. Thank you for giving such a unique platform to everyone to discuss their TV shows and so many other topics.

GopalTum Jiyo hazaroon saal, saal ke din ho pachaas hazaar - 

Best of Luck to India-Forums. Hope the IF family keeps growing and may you celebrate many more Birthdays !!

Finally, BigBoss11 Contestants end the show with a Bang Bang IF Song

Akash is the lead singer and rest of the BB house contestants are singing the Chorus (Don't mind the lyrics, just shout Bang Bang at the beat)

Bang Bang,

India-Forums ... Bang Bang,

14 years of mega blast...Bang Bang,  

Vijay bro, you're so cool...Bang Bang,

Development Team, you're so supreme...Bang Bang,

Telly Buzz, gossip Buzz... Bang Bang,

Bolly Curry, so much glory... Bang Bang,

Forum members & Chaska Meter you're on fire...Bang bang

Crazy Creatives, talent ki toli... Bang Bang

India Forums... Bang Bang

Happy 14th Birthday IF!

Edited by Ranbirrocks - 6 years ago
HCian thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Happy birthday IF
Wissam_Sy thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Happy birthday to you IF
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail

awesome thread👏
Neelum.drashti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Happy birthday  India forums🥳beautiful thread and two of my most favourite couples there.  Agreed, this site is a miracle in the sense that so many people so passionately dedicate their time and emotions to make it a success.
Also reading about manet I couldn't help and think about geet reply to maan's comment.its just the way arnav khushi devi maya and lord governor are famous and zoya a sad Allah miyahn and miss farooqi...similarly geet used to say baba ji and really cutely...so I wrote a bit of dialogue😳

Maan(nodding): I could not agree with you more Mrs. Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada (exhales his breath, it was a long name!)... the best thing is that even though it's called India-forums, it's become a world-wide network so people can access it from anywhere... and it has only positive vibes to give out be it for actors or members!

Geet: lo baba ji Yeh phir shru ho gaya, positive vibe shayab...seedha say nahi kah sakta ka IF aa ka mann ko shanti milti hai, acha vichar zehan ma ata hain aur sari zindagi ka liya sacha dost milta hain...ab mujha ghorr kyon raha hain...ghussa ho gaya...lo ek tu ma seedhi sadhi ladki chup chap aap ki har baat sunti hn phir bhi mujh sa khafa hota hain...acha angrezi ma hi bolti hn...

Yeah, I can now connect with my fans abroad too, they come to know about me via Tellybuzz, a part of IF which gives out television gossips before any other site. It acts as a source of advertising the show, some of my fans started watching the show after being intrigued by TB articles they saw on the site. It is also fun to read reviews our fans leave for us!

Edited by Neelum.drashti - 6 years ago
PristineSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

a very Happy Birthday dear IF!! It feels good knowing our home.. has turned 14 years 😆
Thank you Vijay Sir and the entire team who created this wonderful place where millions of us could come together and enjoy.. There's many amazing things to do here.. 

Beautiful thread dear CC, appreciate your efforts in making such a lovely thread. 
2filmy thumbnail
Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Happy Birthday to IF
Many happy returns of the day
2filmy thumbnail
Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
wonderful thread
great job by the creative team