Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Twinkle needs to take a seat. Its every woman's prerogative to fast or not fast for their husband, mother-in-law, dhoodh wala oror kaam wali bai. Where does she come off trying to tell people what they can and cannot do. I bet if it were up to her she would want women (and men) have open marriages and extramarital affairs just like mommy dearest. 
Chudailpaapi thumbnail
It is not what Twinkle says but how she says is becoming a issue. Mrs Funnybones is losing her funny bone. I haven't read the original letter. So can't speak about the issue. Pollution and archaic traditions are important issue and need debating but calling people earthworm is not exactly a good way to make a point. Or hurting people's sentiment over some superfluous tradition that many females (not me) seem to love is not going to win her brownie point.

I sincerely feel she needs to step away from social media scene for few days. It seems to me the letter and trolls are getting under her skin. 😳
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She is calling the anonymous writer as troll yet responding with large explanation...it seems the writer hit the right nerve hence the long reply..😆
ibnbattuta thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
India is the only country where the so-called majority's rights are crushed.
Diwali pe pollution, holi pe water wastage, dahi handi can be injurious, karwa chauth is regressive no matter that at least some women want to fast, navratras are celebration of ISIS like Shakti (Teesta Setalvad's words)...

If firecrackers are such a problem why not ban them permanently? Why are they ok on new years and weddings but diwali is a no no? So many poor people in India find succour and happiness at festival time and look forward to celebrate a couple of days in the whole year. They don't have money to take year round holidays like the armchair activists They don't have memberships to water guzzling and over-sprayed (with pesticides that leach into the groundwater) golf clubs. They don't go lunching showing off their birkins while bitching about others.They don't sit around wearing designer dresses on yachts.

They save money to buy new clothes and firecrackers on diwali and look forward to follow the culture of their forefathers and take succour in the collective. Oh yes, India was a big exporter of salt petre since ancient times so firecrackers are not a recent Chinese import. 

But the armchair activists dressed in their Guccis and Puccis and typing from their Ipads know better surely. c**ts don't even know about the incredible cation exchage capacity and enhancement of soil nutrient holding abilities of biochar formed as a result of much maligned stubble burning. c**ts don't know about the dangers of nano carbons from LPG and CNG breaking the blood brain barrier. Hell c**ts have even been trying to ban cremation. Three cheers for c**ts.

Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Faith and feminism are different but can mutually co-exist. It is not an either or situation. As for her mom she taught her daughter about equality as a right, then what about the right of Sunny Deol's wife ? 
As for pollution and fire crackers, there should be some way where there can be light but not smoke. 

As for a woman going to live in her husband's house, I am all for living separately as a couple. 
Edited by Justmoi - 6 years ago
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
her speech from Vogue women of the year award where she spoke about Karwa Chauth..
'God couldn't be everywhere so he created Mothers,Devil couldn't be everywhere so he created Mothers in law😕 hilarious speech??
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8alqGzZFyo[/YOUTUBE]

KabhiKabhi thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Is that supposed to be funny? coz I am not laughing.
Her delivery is monotonous and the supposed jokes are terrible.
BollyGlitz thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Twinkle Khanna Akshay Kumar Koffee with Karan bollywood bollywood2 Karan Johar season 5
atominis thumbnail
Who is she calling earthworms?
The ordinary masses?

Same earthworms make movies of her husband hits. Same earthworms made her dad one of the greatest superstars.

I see my previous post was removed perhaps. But I stand by it.

Celebrities need to mind their language. You weren't born special. You are what you are due to same people who you mock and bash all day.

I agree with her views on patriarchy but rest of her letter is crude.

Oh and we are glad not to have families like these.

So much for fiercely independent women having affairs with married men even after becoming grannies.

I am glad that anonymous writer wrote what she did and brought them back to earth.
flipfl0p thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Why don't both partners promise to protect each other? 

Why does the bride traditionally leave the home to live with groom? Why doesn't the opposite take place more frequently? Why does the bride traditionally take the groom's name? Why doesn't the opposite take place more frequently?

These traditions have started thousands years back, when human being's major occupation was agriculture. Man who tilled the land became stationary. Women whose duty was to maintain household, shifted. 
As their used to be age gap and bride was a child, it became man's duty to protect her. 
In olden days, prominent name (Head) was neither the man or woman. It was the house or Wada. Every man (irrespective of his age) was the son of that house. Women were daughter or daughter in laws of that house. Surnames might have started from there (name of the house).
Today, proffessions have changed. Culture and rituals which started since then have remained the same. 

In south of India, we don't have surnames. Women just carry their father's name irrespective of their marital status, without changing their name. (Even then, there is a bit of patriarchy, as it is their father's name, not mother's). 
One can have both parent's surname. But it complicates things further. (Tomorrow if Azad Rao Khan gets married to Aradhya Rai Bacchan, their child's name should be xxx Rao Rai Bacchan Khan). Or change entire convention to mother's surname instead of father's. But it is like changing from left hand to right hand driving. It is not just the car, entire road system need to be changed. Final result is still the same. 

To me, rationality not just lies in questioning. It lies in reasoning. "What I am going to be judged as" will not bother me, as long as I am not trying to judge the other.

------------------------------------------------ 

If someone asks, what is between my hand and the screen, I may say "nothing" or  "my thumb". I will not think about the "thin air" between. I realise the value of this "thin air",  only when I am forced to dip my head continuously under water for two minutes.

For most of us, our culture is like that. We never realise its value, when it is surrounding us. As a teenager, I did look at traditions with condescending attitude. Everything was down to either patriarchal or hierarchical mindset. Never bothered to follow any ritual. 

Now I am away from all these for years. I am missing their charm. These rituals no more seem patriarchal, they come across as celebrations/ having fun. 
Caste no more represents hierarchy. It reminds me of particular festive foods which were prepared in our home, only within our community. 
It is amusing, how I am defending those things, which I detested as young. 

Age makes us less judgemental. (When I was young, I thought I had "uncompromising attitude". Again another U turn ! ). Today, it is all about accepting and respecting another human being as what they are. There was a time, when I thought "eastern culture" is superior to west. Now to me, every culture has same vulnerable species who are just worried about their tomorrow. Whether their jobs are secured, will their kids have safe life. Fear towards another community/ immigrants (be any state/country) everything stems from the same fear.

I oppose Twinkle because of her judgemental attitude. Whether I believe in it or not is a different issue. 
Regarding Diwali crackers. Agree, there were no crackers to begin with. We can safely say the same thing for New year celebration, Christmas lighting. So? There has been change in all celebrations with technology. 
I am not disputing, there is pollution. Our ancestors kept the air clean and gave us an opportunity to celebrate when we were kids. It is our (grown ups) duty to keep the air clean. Here we are, uncompromising with our luxury, not bothering about environment. All we do is, ask the kids to sacrifice their fun, who burst crackers once a year. Is that fair?