Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: FreeBird03

I think preaching is wrong...there's nothing wrong with what Twinkle Khanna believes in but please don't preach!

My MIL doesn't keep karva chauth..they are punjabis but don't worship or follow any beliefs...my hubby was raised in such an household so he doesn't get any of the traditions either.. but I chose to keep KC every since we got married..NO ONE told me to..why would anyone tell me? MIL doesn't keep herself..& hubby could care less about traditions..but I saw my mom keep it for my dad ever since I was a little child and I found it very romantic..so I wanted to keep it..hubby also fasts with me (again his choice)..see it's MY CHOICE...don't preach...live and let live! 

I don't even have a problem with preaching...if someone thinks that they are saying something and its going to benefit people...beshaq preach karo...but mocking and belittling someone for their faith is a strict No No for me...I am sure Ms Motor mouth has her own belief system...what if someone mocks and calls her a fool for that...how would she feel then? Majority of people believe in some superpower whom we call God...even Twinkle I am sure believes in them...what if some Atheist makes fun of that??

Debating is healthy...putting ur opinion forward in a logical and respectful manner is good...it gives the other party to respond in the same manner...whether they agree with u or not is another thing...but do not disrespect people for something they believe in...especially if that belief is not hurting ANYONE..

She is stupid to compare KC with Sati pratha...I mean no one would ever support Sati...but people can support and observe KC.

I hope Ms Motor mouth learned her lesson on how to put forth her views in a civil manner...
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: atominis

Who is she calling earthworms?

The ordinary masses?

Same earthworms make movies of her husband hits. Same earthworms made her dad one of the greatest superstars.

I see my previous post was removed perhaps. But I stand by it.

Celebrities need to mind their language. You weren't born special. You are what you are due to same people who you mock and bash all day.

I agree with her views on patriarchy but rest of her letter is crude.

Oh and we are glad not to have families like these.

So much for fiercely independent women having affairs with married men even after becoming grannies.

I am glad that anonymous writer wrote what she did and brought them back to earth.

Ordinary masses ki aukaat he kya hai?? Twinkle can call us earthworms...but how dare I call her an earthworm in IN RETURN using her own words and Lo behold my post disappears😆😆...Twinkle ji ka abusive letter zindabaad hai😆😆
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She does not have to keep KC for her husband, but she could respect her mil ? Why is she calling her the devil even in humor ? Which feminist manual says be rude to your mil ? 
But I suppose if you were raised by a mother who had an affair for decades and have no respect for any wife why would she have respect for her husband's mother ? 
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Twinkle is talking against Bhakat's thinking so she is getting bashed 
Akshay is so called bhakat , he gets bashed for that 

Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

Twinkle is talking against Bhakat's thinking so she is getting bashed 

Akshay is so called bhakat , he gets bashed for that 

Twinkle mocks women who keep kc. if she can dish out, then she should be able to take it too
atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.

Ordinary masses ki aukaat he kya hai?? Twinkle can call us earthworms...but how dare I call her an earthworm in IN RETURN using her own words and Lo behold my post disappears😆😆...Twinkle ji ka abusive letter zindabaad hai😆😆

Yeah😆

My post was deleted and I got warning from moderator.

But this ghatiya letter abusing public and an entitled celebrity kid's rants insulting people, their beliefs and cultures is allowed? 

Different standards for these celebs is the reason why they think so highly of their own characterless selves and have gall to call others earthworms. 

This Twinkle would be nowhere and her hubby would still be a waiter or martial arts instructor at the most if earthworms had not bought tickets for his movies (most of which are mindless anyway and have no content).

She has ego of her dad who couldn't handle success and later became self destructive abusive alcoholic after his well deserved downfall. 

I hope she knows how same earthworms make or break careers. 

Daughter of Chhote papa Sunny Deol hailing own characterless industry fraternity and bashing masses. What a joke!

Report and delete this post too. But a foul mouthed woman like Twinkle totally deserves even harsher responses.
atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: Justmoi

She does not have to keep KC for her husband, but she could respect her mil ? Why is she calling her the devil even in humor ? Which feminist manual says be rude to your mil ? 

But I suppose if you were raised by a mother who had an affair for decades and have no respect for any wife why would she have respect for her husband's mother ? 

They are messed up due to that Rajesh Khanna who became abusive, messed up alcoholic after his downfall and let out all frustration at home on wife and kids.

Later her mom retaliated by moving out, keeping kids away from dad and having affairs, exposing in movies like no tomorrow.

Her husband also has his own flings. So am not surprised at twisted lives and mindset of these filmy families and their kids.

The last thing we need is to take them seriously or take their gyan on any family matter seriously. I mean those who have such twisted families, what gyan will they give to others?

Husband's mother comes in way of affairs na, hence hated I guess ðŸ˜†

Why should boys have all the fun? Who knows she has flings in London following footsteps of her mother?😉
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

These traditions have started thousands years back, when human being's major occupation was agriculture. Man who tilled the land became stationary. Women whose duty was to maintain household, shifted. 

I am not disputing, there is pollution. Our ancestors kept the air clean and gave us an opportunity to celebrate when we were kids. It is our (grown ups) duty to keep the air clean. Here we are, uncompromising with our luxury, not bothering about environment. All we do is, ask the kids to sacrifice their fun, who burst crackers once a year. Is that fair?

Thank you for your thoughtful response. Even though I do not agree completely, I appreciate the effort in sharing your perspectives. Some of it does make a lot of sense. 

To me, human civilization is patriarchal in nature. It is not unique to India, but globally pervasive. Patriarchy in historical context is not necessarily wrong or evil. It is just how civilization evolved given the circumstances. At some point down the line though it became problematic. Now that our society is different and we have the ability to bring more equity for all humans, some paradigm shift has to take place. 

We do take culture for granted. Being in the United States has definitely made me appreciate some aspects of culture a lot more. At the same time, I don't think growing older has made me more forgiving. There are definitely many aspects of Indian/Hindu culture that I have become much more cynical and scathing about. And I struggle to wrap my head around the fact that people still defend it. 

As for Diwali, reducing it to the bursting of fireworks is unfair to the people and the tradition. The five days of Diwali have a lot more meaning beyond fireworks, and fireworks are not the only source of fun. It will be an adjustment period, but there are a lot more things kids can have fun with - lighting lamps, making lanterns, drawing rangolis, shopping for new clothes, helping make and eat sweets. The next generation of kids is already living a different life than we did. Less outdoor places to play in - but a lot more devices and television channel.