Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago
Weinstein has been known since years now, to be a profligate sexual harasser, even abuser. What's heartbreaking is seeing Damon collaborating to keep this news quiet. It's DISGUSTING to see this & know actors like Colin Firth, always different from the conventional pack, keeping their silence. Goes to show how it really is the same everywhere.
OMG. That Thandie Newton audition story really, really, creeps me out!!!! What an absolutely sick, disgusting thing to do to anyone!!! No wonder these women have no place to go. Imagine an act that you've been coerced to do, that you realise was actually secretly filmed, which means without your knowledge, now being shown all over!!!! God this makes me so angry!! I hope he is bankrupt & on the street!! UGH!
Donna Karan should be kicked out from the fashion industry!!! She should be shamed & left with no means to make money. W*F says something like this?!?? This is the line of "reasoning" that everyone from an illiterate rapist to a politician with all the power in India, says. I am getting angrier & angrier reading all this.
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This man is filth. Enabled by media, politicians and HW. I cannot believe Obama had his daughter intern with his firm. Disgusting. NYT's ex-reporter mentioned how Matt Damon, Crowe were few of the male stars who threatened him and stopped NYT from exposing this A-hole back in 2006. I am Not surprised at the silence. Took 3 decades to nail this creep inspite of all the rumours , murmurs . Yuck.

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

OMG. That Thandie Newton audition story really, really, creeps me out!!!! What an absolutely sick, disgusting thing to do to anyone!!! No wonder these women have no place to go. Imagine an act that you've been coerced to do, that you realise was actually secretly filmed, which means without your knowledge, now being shown all over!!!! God this makes me so angry!! I hope he is bankrupt & on the street!! UGH!

I think it was Weinstein because I'm seeing some references to it now in Weinstein articles. She even mentioned when she started talking about it that she knows it's going to be hard for to work in the industry after being so outspoken but that she was really tired of it. If she didn't find acting work, she would look for a new career. 

She has spoken a lot about sexual abuse in the industry. She had "dated" the director of her first movie for 6-7 years. She was 16 and he was 45-46. She's talked about the sexual abuse that these predators engage in and how they take advantage of naive girls who barely know anything about love or sex. You're shooting away from home and there's nobody to take care of you and these old men take over as if they're your saviors.
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Thandie Newton's story is nauseating!  How does anyone do that unless he has deep rooted misogyny in his mind? I understand producers asking for sexual favors - I don't condone that - but to some extent it's understandable as a FWB relationship. But why film someone in a compromising situation & later use that as a means of amusement? Eeks!  I can't fathom and the dirt & disgrace! ðŸ¤¢  

Anonymous - I am honestly dumbfounded that too many high profile male actors are keeping a mum including Damon, DiCaprio & Clooney? Clooney!!!    It's exactly what you said - we have no frkkin idea who these people are in reality & it's just absolutely futile to believe in & fall for their made up images. 
Edited by FleurBleue - 6 years ago
charminggenie thumbnail
Thing is I too don't believe ex-President of US and influential person like H.Clinton didn't vet their sponsors. I mean, these guys very everything and Harvey's case wasn't a secret. If NYC Professors could warn their students from seeking an internship with his firm then I don't know what to say.

I used to like Matt Damon but then he is friends with Affleck who is another loser. I appreciate few actors who atleast acknowledged that rumours were circling the industry. I am waiting for the Awards's season , should be interesting how these HW powerweights handle the questions. I just hope they don't end up treating him like they did with Woody Allen. 

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Okay so finally Clooney opens up. 

George Clooney Speaks Out on Harvey Weinstein: It's Disturbing on a Whole Lot of Levels'

The actor-filmmaker-philanthropist opened up to Marlow Stern about the sexual misconduct allegations against Harvey Weinstein and Hollywood complicity.

10.09.17 11:15 PM ET

EXCLUSIVE

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY THE DAILY BEAST

Academy Award winner George Clooney, who was given his first big-screen acting break by Harvey Weinstein in the 1996 film From Dusk Till Dawn, has become the latestand most high-profilemember of Hollywood to speak out on the alleged sexual misconduct allegations against his sometime employer.

"It's indefensible. That's the only word you can start with, he says. "Harvey's admitted to it, and it's indefensible. I've known Harvey for 20 years. He gave me my first big break as an actor in films on From Dusk Till Dawn, he gave me my first big break as a director with Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. We've had dinners, we've been on location together, we've had arguments. But I can tell you that I've never seen any of this behaviorever.

Clooney spoke to me at length about the allegationsas well as charges of Hollywood complicityduring a phone conversation late Monday.

His remarks come in the wake of statements released by Meryl Streep and Dame Judi Dench, two actresses who've won Oscars for Weinstein-shepherded films and who took the bullying movie mogul to task for allegedly preying on vulnerable young women for 30 years, resulting in at least eight settlements, according to a bombshell New York Times expos.

Weinstein's accusers, among them the actress Ashley Judd, shared similar horror stories: a "business meeting at a lavish hotel suite soon gave way to a series of sexual propositions, including watching him shower. One local TV reporter, Lauren Sivan, claimed that Weinstein cornered her in the bowels of his restaurant, told her to "be quiet, and masturbated into a potted plant.

Weinstein, the former co-chief of Miramax, has since been fired from The Weinstein Companywhich he co-founded with his brother Boband many of the male actors and filmmakers in particular who have benefited from the studio executive's Oscar Midas touch, from Matt Damon and Ben Affleck (Good Will Hunting) to Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction), have remained alarmingly silent.

Clooney, on the other hand, was anything but.

RELATED IN ENTERTAINMENT

^Yes, Clooney!! The one who brags about how he installed a satellite in space to monitor Sudan. Screw him. 

No different than BW personalities who were all screaming and shouting when that Delhi gang rape happened and then start defending it when it's their own people like Shiney. Salman actually had the nerve to hold fundraisers for a guy convicted of raping 20-30 underage girls. He was raping 14 year old girls!! Dozens of them!! And Sallu Bhai was doing fashion shows to raise money for him. 

It's just unbelievable. 

ETA: Okay, George, I forgive you. 
Edited by anonymous39 - 6 years ago
charminggenie thumbnail
LOL at the response that he never saw the "behaviour". Sure, Clooney , we believe you. ðŸ˜†