Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SWAN123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
So these guys have come to Koh sa Mui 😃
The trip all of us high school grads take from this part of the world - to celebrate freedom from exams and some of us come back with broken bones or an upset tummy after - let's say trying many things. And there's one Nightigale in every group that shepherds us back to safety and makes us presentable to our parents when the come to pick us up from the airport!! Humm those were the days .. you took me back in time Nisha .

Wish Asma was on this thread she would have tons to say about KsM and the wicked places there

Ashwwwin seems a gentleman with one fatal flaw. Trisha sweet uncomplicated and unusually and innocently money minded gal. Ashwin is easy to fall for. Love all the shades of regret and simple pleasures you have sorted him with Nisha. Nicely done!!

But one query guys do you think our II ( or we ) would be ok if RnB makes mental notes of M or his other girls when he's with II like Trisha does with J when she's with Ashwwwin .. just asking ?!Edited by SWAN123 - 6 years ago
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Sea good to hear how KSM is such a popular get away in your part of the world.
Ashwin is a real sweetheart. 
What I love about all Nisha's ML is that they maybe born with a silver spoon but they are very very simple at heart. With no hang ups . The girls they fall for are simple folks and their simplicity is what gives the guys the much needed stability in their life.
Loved the reference to Savvy and whether R&B would have been the same were she around. The loss of his mad for Ashvin and Mom  for R& B are transformative. Making them rescript their lives.

Aren't we all transformed by the experiences and ideas of the one person we deeply care about? The elders in all Nisha's stories are so adorable that one begins to wonder can we live like them.

As of now Asma a seems in a very happy place. Are you sorted where you are going to spend the holiday season?
Errantnomad thumbnail

Originally posted by: SWAN123

So these guys have come to Koh sa Mui 😃
The trip all of us high school grads take from this part of the world - to celebrate freedom from exams and some of us come back with broken bones or an upset tummy after - let's say trying many things. And there's one Nightigale in every group that shepherds us back to safety and makes us presentable to our parents when the come to pick us up from the airport!! Humm those were the days .. you took me back in time Nisha .

Wish Asma was on this thread she would have tons to say about KsM and the wicked places there

Ashwwwin seems a gentleman with one fatal flaw. Trisha sweet uncomplicated and unusually and innocently money minded gal. Ashwin is easy to fall for. Love all the shades of regret and simple pleasures you have sorted him with Nisha. Nicely done!!

But one query guys do you think our II ( or we ) would be ok if RnB makes mental notes of M or his other girls when he's with II like Trisha does with J when she's with Ashwwwin .. just asking ?!

Swan, on your query ... one part of it i.e the situation on comparing notes is hypothetical as against T comparing Jayadev with Ashwin that's as given in the story. There are a couple of things to it. I would guess that any relationship you are in for any length of time is bound to have its pyshchlogical mantras on one's mind. And I'm also guessing that when one moves on from one to another in not that big interval of a time , it affects them even more.

But I'm not sure how that works in casual consensual just for the booty scenarios where a person liberal in his or her approach who has had multiple partners over the years thinks. May be they are able to just concentrate in the pleasure they get in the moment, leaving it as just that, an act of physical intimacy and are able to move on without any baggage most times except under rare circumstances where even for the liberal ones, one's muscle memory more than anything else should prompt a reminder of the past experience they have had now and then

To be honest, I get this query... as a reader it does make you think, oh my god... she's comparing. I mean when I went for my physical last month or so , my doc very casually suggested to me ,' hey may be we could schedule your Pap smear for the next year, not now , unless you have had multiple partners and would like to schedule one now . Given where we come from and where we are at our stage of lives , even answering such questions embarrasses me. But A Caucasian friend of mine who is single and when she gets in to the mood , she makes herself available to mingle... I mean she thinks otherwise . To her credit, She is insanely witty . She very cheekily comments about the partners she has had in terms of equipment in his boxers'. So I guess a few tend to compare being true to themselves . If I have to be casually crass, Trisha's erogenous zones likes Ashvin's equipment better here.Ha Ha   Shucks!! this sounds so crass to my ears ... Gee I can't believe I'm even writing this..huh!!! just saying... 😉 .

Anyways a good discussion point that spices up things...Edited by Errantnomad - 6 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Tondaregara

"Well.. I wasnt exactly a model child" he nibbled her cheek as they stood in the balcony staring into the thinning traffic

"Why model?" she asked confused

He chuckled

"Umm.. U know I was the best kid" he hugged her sideways squeezing her arms as he kissed on top of her head

"U can do it like that easily, I have to climb on stool" she smiled at him through her sparkling eyes, her glasses fogging up as he breathed over them

"I might be blind but I am tall, and I wear a wig... dont mess with a guy that wears a wig" he winked his lips twitching softly

"I was only saying that, because your hair na" she struggled as she blushed

"Yeah its not mine" he whispered, handing her a fistful as she pulled, and laced her fingers  and released

"I shud feel pretty good abt myself I get to be with you" he smiled

"I am not a model na" she explained

He cracked up heartily

"u dont have to be... you are a scientist... and sexy one" he whispered kissing her neck

"ashwinnn" she groaned arching, allowing him more real estate

"I know" his muffled sounds of satisfaction sending her insides swaying

"Why u dont want to go to Delhi?" she asked kissing his arm,  as it was right across her face

"Beacuse I am ready for Ma and Lee to leave so I can make love every where" he said lifting his head his eyes twinkling

She removed his glasses

"Gimme that" he snatched

"No... Ashwinnn..."

"I am done playing the dutiful son Trish I need my house back" he said rubbing his tired face all over hers

"I am not a towel" she said primly

"Oh you are" he said savagely necking her  "My towel, my blanket, my pillow by mattress" he whispered

"Thats not even good poetry" she said clearly not happy

He laughed until he lost his breath, she looked on shyly at first a little miffed later

"U are pretty cute" he said kissing her losing his smile

the taste of him over powering her senses

"Lets go to bed... we returned from Koh Samui in a week, thats shudnt put an end to" he kissed her again

she lay weakly on his chest

"U dont want to go to Delhi, can we go to Ullal and see Aanu?" she asked weakly

"Umm.. I know I should say yes... but I dont think he likes me very much" he said quietly

"I am living her with your mother no?" she offered logically

"Arent u supposed to say Ma?" he teased

Mandira had publicly poked Trisha at dinner for struggling to come up with a title for her

Trisha had many ways "Umm.." "Uh" "Aun" (swallowing the rest of the "ty") "Mrs. Naran"

Dadu had told her she needed to warm up to the girl

"U were the ones that thought she wasnt suitable for my Ashvin" Mandira had countered

"I am yours?" Ashvin had gently mocked his Mom

"He gave himself to his wife at Koh Samui Ma" Leela had laughed hysterically causing Trisha to fumble blush and finally drop a plate with a loud clatter

"Umm.. it was a vacation" Mandira steered clear from it, or tried to force Leela to do that, she still couldnt bring herself to think about the girl the caused so much havoc in her life and her son's life sharing his bed now

Sharanbir grunted appreciatively, as Trisha scooped ice cream creatively into the expensive glass bowls

"U dont want nuts na" she nodded looking at Sharanbir

"U remember?" he smiled joyously

"I worked at restaurant na so I have to, many tourists come after a year also" she explained

"Do u have a tourist photo book?" Sharanbir had asked

Her eyes had lit up at first, nodding enthusiastically

"Umm.. yes... San" she mumbled and stopped about Sanchet

Ashvin lowered his gaze self consciously

He had caused the oldest son to run away

A son with a unique hobby was gone, no one knew where he was

His mother grieved over how he would never wear the black robe and walk commandingly down the hallway at Delhi high court

Disappointing and sad all around

Leela looked at Trisha confused

Everyone else knew what was being indicated

"Umm.. u want ice cream?" she asked Mandira then

"U can call me Mandira" Mandira said covering up, bristling, defensive for her son, not offering her DIL the privelege of calling her "Ma" or "Mom"
 not willing to admit Ashvin's culpability in the whole thing
If she does that then she would have to look at Trisha in a different light, that would mean Trisha was not the cause of her troubles

That would be like accepting the loss of her husband

It was all a giant swirling mess

"Hain?" Sharanbir looked up

"she doesnt call me anything na" Mandira argued with her FIL

"U dont?" Sharanbir asked Trisha

"I think Mom is very different" (she implied it was too modern for her)

"That wud be a hoot Ma u wud be the most modern MIL" Leela laughed

"I AM" Mandira flicked her curls smugly "I will always have my style, my sense of fashion and my upper class status" she thought to herself

"Tondaregara" she hissed as Ashvin purposefully undid the drawstring on her billowing silk skirt

"I love you too" he kissed her waist

She arched in delicious agony  "It means trouble maker" she whispered

VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
A Moratorium is essential over here too. Just let some things from the past and present " be "...
Specially since what's done cannot be undone and revisiting them open wounds which never heal too.

Mandira perhaps will never let go and is going to be very hurt when her son flourishes a ticket to Delhi . Her presence is actually irking him now.

Time to move forward and turn the page for all the characters now !! Eagerly await that juncture !

Tondaregara brings fond memories of Veshamakkaran ðŸ˜³
Edited by VeeIyer - 6 years ago
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Veshamakaran in II's language 😉
SWAN123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
When issues are resolved and intimacy explored ofcourse people are a problem! That's so relatable. Nice one Nisha. Meeru kuda malli tonderaga randi.. ( that's Telugu for Nisha come back soon) 😉
Errantnomad thumbnail

Empathy and Grace are depleting values in the times we live. It's so easy to be lost for a period of time where one's own grief and unrest makes them loose perspective and not see things from the other person's angle.

If Mandira lost her spouse , Prakash lost his spouse. I somehow understood that Ashvin's dad's loss was because of an accident in air , given his love for flying one of his flying sujourns that turned unfortunate whereas Trisha's moms loss was because of the direct fallout of that diner incident . The air mishap for all conjectures could have been a technical snag as well.

Shouldn't Vijaya's death find an equal empathy or mention as that of Ashvin's dad or even Sanchet's absence ?

Mandira thinks , acceptance of Trisha would mean forgiving her husband's death. If only She could look at that loss of a spouse/ mother from shanbag's perspective , may be some day she will have a better head space towards Trisha .
moonwearer thumbnail
When one has gone through a traumatic experience it leaves one initially very numb. One then grapples with the grief and denial and falters with guilt. There is gradual acceptance of reality and one regains ones balance though there can be innumerable triggers that throw you off balance temporarily.
Ashwin has gone through all these grappled with the question why me has been angry with Shanbagh and planned to ruin him. In time Ashvin has realised the event had far reaching consequences on the life of Shanbagh as well. Living the life of a pariah in one's own family. A mother whose every act of protective zeal has reminded him of the events that played out from beginning to hate himself and his actions he has slowly put back the pieces of his life.
Mandira is still in the denial stage and thinks she was delivered a raw deal and blames it squarely on the Shanbaghs. she finds solace in playing the victim card. 
Her shopping sprees  spas and even her cooking are ways she is trying to create a make believe of all is well and feel good.
She has thus been unable to deal with whatever happened and wishing it never did. 
The drunken night, the plane crash , the strained ties with the patriarch, the refusal to see the happiness her son finds in Trisha are due to this. 
Mandira will require lots of effort to come out of her pain to begin to empathise with Shanbaghs.
While Ashvin has evolved not Shanbagh and Mandira are carrying the survivors cross as I call it. They should either put it down or it should be forcefully removed and thrown.
R& B still has not paid it despite all the support from Tan, Sam and II. He is compassionate most of the time. Whereas Ranjan is at all times.
The traumatic events around losses shapes ones thinking and ones evolution of thoughts act on one's feelings and actions and acceptance of self and others.
Edited by moonwearer - 6 years ago
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Empathy and Grace are depleting values in the times we live. It's so easy to be lost for a period of time where one's own grief and unrest makes them loose perspective and not see things from the other person's angle.

If Mandira lost her spouse , Prakash lost his spouse. I somehow understood that Ashvin's dad's loss was because of an accident in air , given his love for flying one of his flying sujourns that turned unfortunate whereas Trisha's moms loss was because of the direct fallout of that diner incident . The air mishap for all conjectures could have been a technical snag as well.

Shouldn't Vijaya's death find an equal empathy or mention as that of Ashvin's dad or even Sanchet's absence ?

Mandira thinks , acceptance of Trisha would mean forgiving her husband's death. If only She could look at that loss of a spouse/ mother from shanbag's perspective , may be some day she will have a better head space towards Trisha .

That's my point also.. may be ashwins dad was flying in agony or anger or in disturbed state of mind which could have resulted in the accident but then also as I can see all started coz of a drunken and toned gang of boys who misbehave with a lady... and who so ever be in the aanu's Place have called the police.. I mean anybody would have done the same
And as Nisha said incident was not so big but it had extreme actions and reactions from both ends
It's fate and they have to except it
Like that only Mandira has to except the fact that Ashwin is happy and in love with with Trisha

No matter what the bottom line is this only
By thinking more and not expecting the situation and Trisha she is making things difficult for herself and for Ashwin also