Plz continue soon...
Waiting eagerly...

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed.😊

miss_writer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

CHAPTER 1: 4:00 A.M.

#Unedited

~4:00 A.M., the hour where legends are either waking up or going to bed~ pinterest.com

SCENE 1

TIME: 4:00 A.M.

Showers are the coolest and the hottest thing invented by mankind.

Showers make you sound like some international pop star. You win all the fake arguments in here. Showers are the only place where you can dance like a sunbeam and cry your eyes out to your content. According to a scientific research, showers beat the business conference rooms for taking the most important decisions in life.

She stood under the cold water droplets. A smile overflowing with radiance was dancing on her mouth.

The girl, whose name was Nandini Murthy, was spending the time of her life under the coolest and hottest thing invented by mankind.

She was madly, deeply and passionately in love with showers. A luxury which wasn't available to her in the early years of her 'adventurous' life.

She made her way to the small kitchenette of their little cottage and set the pot brewing for her favourite ginger tea with an air of ease. Opening the door of the balcony, she lain on the round swing, sipping her cup of tea.

The balcony gave the scenic view of Mangalore's ocean. The crescent moon was cradled and lured back to sleep by the gentle swashing of waves. The sky was concealed in the assorted shades of black and dark azure. Nandini widened her smile, pitying the people who hate mornings, after all, 4:00 a.m. was the most passionate hour of the day.

Nandini intently gazed at the to and fro movement of the waves, in a spur of moment countless memories enveloped her. The beachish air was choking with nostalgia.

She sighed aloud. Thousands of stories were woven under the street lamps of this town. This town had fought with her, lived her nightmares. It has seen her frustrating for the lyrics of myriad of songs. It has grinned when she was reading under the bed with the aid of torchlight past time at Little Angels Orphanage. This town was tranquil yet powerful for it had taught Untamed Embers that you got to conquer the things you own.

Anyone with a normal range of hearing could easily listen to her pounding heart. She smiled. It was a smile that filled her face with radiance, touch her mouth with sudden exhilaration and anxiety and made her hazel orbs shimmer. Beginnings, she thought and grinned. Beginnings always makes you clutch at your stomach. They send adrenaline down your spine and fire through your veins. Beginnings make you feel the most alive.

She closed her eyes for a moment and try to picturize the Space College. India's No. 1 College of Music and Arts. The elegant building with a lush green lawn, the image she had admired on the internet.

Her thoughts took a turn to those people who taunted them. A sassy smirk beamed on her face.

According to them, they, the 'unworthy orphans' of the needy Little Angels Orphanage got an undeserving blessing from the Lady Luck herself to win a scholarship to Space. However, the victory was not some idiotic and folly blessing instead the palpable determination of the Untamed Embers to prove a long line of crap-heads wrong. Nandini, the girl who was directionally challenged since a long time had to proved herself that this time she was on the right path.

The balcony door burst open and she was brought out of her reverie.

"I knew I'd find you in here, Nandu, gobbling your ginger tea and daydreaming about us," said an unmistakable girlish voice. Nandini jumped on the swing in mortification.

"You scared the crap out of me, Navya," I winced and straightened my burnished hair with my hands.

She giggled and sat on the swing, drinking the tea from her cup without noticing it. "Well, Nandu, I am naturally terrifying," she smirked in a typical bollywood style.

"Well, Miss Naveli, I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a smarter statement that that," Nandini rolled her eyes.

"Why is that you win each and every verbal argument against me?" Navya whined.

"Because I speak fluent sarcasm," Nandini replied in her sugar-coated voice. The two friends burst into laughter.

Navya Naveli, the girl who looks fragile with those finely chiselled features, shining hair the colour of brown-black and dreamy eyes as chocolate as cocoa beans. Delicately made though Navya was, she was strong - the strongest of all of them, it seemed to Nandini sometimes. Guts of steel and iron will, that's how she characterized her Drama Queen these days.

The two friends were engrossed in giggling their hearts out at the most silent time that they failed to notice the four pair of eyes capturing this memory in their hearts.

"Good Morning people, your rays of hope are back," Aryaman cleared his throat to seek the attention of their two friends.

"Ray of hope? When will you stop sugar coating shit, Arya," Abhi chipped in.

"Whatever," Aryaman winced.

"Lack of vocabulary is starting to show, Mr.," Nandini said and patted Aryaman's back in pity while Abhimanyu's russet brown orbs held the shine of victory and his facial muscles were contracting in a sly smile.

"Guys, gentle reminder, we need to leave for Mumbai from MANGALORE which takes 16 hours and 5 minutes, according to Google. We also need to visit Little Angels for...," Navya trailed of the sentence.

She did not want to accept that they were leaving their home maybe forever, nobody wanted. The trio went silent. Although they were ecstatic when they received the scholarship but they were agonised over the fact to leave the orphanage.

Nandini was the most affected by the situation they all were in. The wall clock was ticking away. It was 4:15.

Nandini's thoughts returned to her beautiful friends. Rahul, Priya, Ineesha, Nawaza and Sarah. She loved all of them but she had a special corner in her heart for Rahul, he was the most youngest and has been tormented at such a young age. She used to live in that orphanage when she was about Rahul's age. If it had not been her friends and Mother, she might have been suffering depression until now.

Aryaman could not see his friends in such uncomfortable quietness. He hated their silence. It was equivalent to their physical pain. He knew their silence was mentally tormenting them if not physically.

Aryaman Murthy. Well, he isn't a Murthy but possessing no surname of his, Nandini wanted him to take her own surname. That's the fathomless bond they share.

His coal black eyes always held mischief and laughter every time. But Nandini after seeing so much pretence in her little span of life was aware that he had his bad times too. He was the one who moved on quickly from his past. His acceptive nature was one of the most admirable trait of his personality. Aryaman had one of the nicest faces. Pleasant and friendly. He was handsome in a subtle, quiet way an he dwarfed them all with his height and broad shoulders.

"Guys, I have a news to make," Aryaman announced in his cheerful tone. "As we're going to Mumbai by road, we will also be visiting India's one of the best amusement park, Imagica, today."

The trio's eyes widened in surprise. Aryaman had definitely managed to knock the socks off of his beloved friends.

SCENE 2

TIME: 4:00 A.M.

In a magnificent and elegant mansion situated in one of the porch areas of Mumbai sat a guy in his early 20s in the dim-lit attic room on a wooden chair. His face crinkled, lines decorating on his forehead and face displaying an array of emotions yet mind well, his emotions were filled with desperation and frustration at 4:00 a.m. He was awake the whole night, frustrating his charming face over the lyrics of a song.

The table made of mahogany wood displayed seven mugs and the last one still filled with black coffee. The crumbled paper balls were also decorating the beautiful vintage room.

His mind trying to remember the tune while his hands doodling some words on the paper.

The guy was named Manik Malhotra. Stinking rich and sinfully hot yet with a beautiful soul and golden heart reserved just for his friends, the FAB 5.

"f**k!" he swore aloud and got up from his chair in exasperation. After all, writing lyrics was the most elusive task for musicians and especially, aspiring musicians.

He opened the window of his attic room. The cold air hit his face. He longingly stared at the streetlights.

He drank the view in front of me. The sky was black but not jet black. It was the dark you see before the end of tunnel, he thought. His caramel orbs unconsciously glance at the clock decorated above the table. 4:00 a.m. it read.

It was the usual time when he came back from clubbing but today, he decided to complete the song. He was a true procrastinator and the job required completion as they have to practice for the upcoming college project.

You don't often find him gazing at the roads of Mumbai glistening under the light of street lamps at this hour. It is not his start of the day. He chuckled at his thought. He likes the hour when the sun is overhead and the roads blanketed by countless cars. He is not an early riser. 

Minutes gone by and he turned his window close and decided to retire. After all, tomorrow is going to be a very long day because FAB 5 is going for an outing in Pune. The college won't start till Monday and they'd decided to spend the weekend at his farmhouse in Pune.

SCENE 3

TIME: 10:00 A.M.

Bichhu mere naina, badi zehereeli aankh maare
Kamsin kamariya saali ik thumke se lakh maare

Manik tussled in his bed and covered his ears with pillows and got under the duvet and turned the opposite side, away from the window which was glistening with the start of day. Cabir smirked and Mukti giggled while Dhruv sighed out of relief. Alya was already snoring on the wooden chair. Cabir made the volume to maximum.

Note hazaaro'n ke, khulla chhutta karaane aayi
Husn ki teelli se beedi-chillam jalaane aayi

Aaayi ! chikni chameli chhup ke akeli pawwa chadha ke aayi

Aaayi ! chikni chameli chhup ke akeli pawwa hadha ke aayi

Manik cursed aloud. "You **cking mudbrain Cabir! Apna item no. band kar nahi toh I will suck the life out of you." Manik hissed closed his ears in uttermost frustration.

Cabir's face was plastered with a wide sly grin, "You bloody Dementor! Maar na toh mujhe chaiye, kamine. I have wild fantasies to chop you into pieces and feed you to vultures."

"Cabir, yaar, sone de, 5 minutes more," Manik whined in his cranky tone. The most important fact about The Manik Malhotra is that he is the cranky morning person.

"Manik, you look so tried, buddy. I would love to give you a massage on the throat using both hands if you don't wake up," Mukti screeched and was ever ready to pounce on him while Manik decided its the best to give up your sleep if you wish to live.

"Ugh!" he exclaimed in annoyance.

Aaayi ! chikni chameli chhup ke akeli pawwa hadha ke aayi

"Will you **cking stop this annoying song or I need to kill you the 7th time in my mind and the last time in reality, Mr. Cabir Dhawan?" Manik threatened while Cabir smirked and increased the volume. Alya finally smashed the off button in frustration.

"Manik, go get dressed quickly. You should have woken up early. It would be midday when we reach Imagica and you would be the reason for my tan, as a result, I'll go cranky, spoiling my photos and fun. Manik Raj Malhotra I would not spare you if I do not enjoy the rides," Alya spoke the words with a hint of menace.

"Alya stop trying this hard. You know I won't be scared of you out of everyone," Manik spoke with enthusiasm and hugged his beloved friend while Alya dot him one on his stomach, laughingly.

Manik made way towards his bathroom but not before commenting and getting into his mood. "Cabir, I hope that in your wild fantasies vulture moan in delight on feeding such a magnificent and stunning piece of flesh that they start quivering with sexual tension."

"That's our Manik!" chuckled the silent Dhruv.

"Glory!" Cabir rolled his eyes.

Author's Note

Manik Malhotra. The cranking morning person who fantasize about killing happy morning person and the irony is Nandini Murthy, the happy morning person.

Upcoming Destination: Imagica.

Watch for fireworks caused by the atomic magic of collision unless you're scared of rollercoasters.

Do comment.

Stay happy hamesha

Keep smiling and reading.

Arcane

Edited by miss_writer - 6 years ago
manancraze thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I love it...so funny...Maja aya padhke...MaNan enough sarcastic hai... I love how you shown their character...love both of their bonding. Love your writing style. Cont soon. Thanks for PM.
arshuaar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanx for Pm...😊
beautifully penned...
luved it

Arigirl thumbnail
Interesting prologue...
Love the 1st part...
Update the next one soon...
miss_writer thumbnail

CHAPTER 2A: The Art of Sassy Coaxing

SCENE 1

TIME: 4:15 A.M.

"Aryaman Wazzock Murthy, you're stupid! Just when I think you've reached the bottom of your stupidity but surprise, there's a stupid underground garage," Nandini yelled, her hazel orbs dilated in frustration. Blinded by a five-course serving of rage that tasted bitter, yet surprisingly satisfying to her taste buds. 

Mumbai, India. A city of dreams and a city of broken dreams. 

Millions go unnoticed like sand castles washed away on Juhu beach, millions are attracted by the skyscrapers of Elphinstone, and millions are immortalized like the Elephanta-s.

Horns pierce the silence of the night, bogies rattle on the tracks, the signals go red and green and this city never sleeps. 

Nandini was aware of the fact that life in the city is going to be difficult. She knew that city lights in the dark hours of the night will never whisper magic as her fireflies on the humid summer nights did. Expensive labels adorned Mumbai like a glistening jewel. She'd miss the birds, coastal winds, and winter. 

Being orphans, they have never believed in secured futures and money had been a valuable resource. Nandini wouldn't let it waste on some pointless children rides.

Aryaman had a calm, expressionless face. He was well prepared for such a situation to arise. He remained silent.

Nandini said, "Aryaman you're aware that I am a cosmic miser-"

"I go with the phrase Ultimate Niggard," Aryaman said with coolness penetrating in his tone. He continued sipping his tea with unwavering concentration.

Nandini pierced her eyeballs into that of Abhi and Navya's. Her lips pressed into anger. Navya shifted uncomfortably, straightening her tresses while Abhimanyu ruffled his hair in sudden uneasiness as Nandini's eyes bore into theirs as though light rays were brimming with threats. They gulped.

"Without getting into some insipid phrases, I would like to ask you guys-" 

"Hey! That was a complete artistic phrase," Aryaman cut her off to draw her attention away.

"Mr. Murthy?"

"Yes?"

"Your sense of art is reasonably stupid. All due respect, we know that you were dropped on your head but please don't give us comprehensible evidence that you were clearly thrown in the air, smacked by a ceiling fan and tossed out of the window," Nandini had a way with clipped words. Abhimanyu and Navya suppressed their laughter, spluttering like an old faucet.

"I'm afraid, I've been thinking that someone needs a Happy Meal," Aryaman muttered under his breath, loud enough for the trio to hear it. 

Nandini's face was a gorgeous display of anger. Her eyes stared hard into Aryaman's black ones. Her face was as red as an over-ripe tomato, fires of fury yet her eyes were icy cold.  

It was the first time when Antartica and the Sahara Desert made awkward acquaintances. 

"Aryaman Murthy, you seem to have an amnesiac memory. Did I not tell you that thinking is a dangerous past time for you?" Nandini snapped back in a curt voice, tiny bubbles of froth forming at the corners of the mouth.

"Abhi, do you ever think that Nandini, in her past life, was an old lady with ninety cats who was yelling at neighborhood kids to get off her lawn? Because I do," Navya said. 

"Navya that was a psychic wonder. My thoughts were going in the same direction," Abhi nodded.

"Frankly, guys, I don't give a damn about your magical telepathies. But why in hell's name are you guys agreeing to this nutjob of a plan? Why do you guys want to waste money on some pointless and irrational children rides?" Nandini's voice echoed through the entire drawing room.

"Some pointless and irrational children rides you never rode on, Miss Nandini Murthy. By my amnesiac memory, I guess you and Navya were too busy to make dolls for money because in those years money was low for Little Angels and Mother Margaret didn't have enough money to feed and educate all of us," Aryaman reasoned, he made sure his tones were gentle. 

"Nandini, yaar! You enjoyed riding carousels and merry-go-rounds when we visited a fair. Tum hi to kehti thi ki aasman tumhe zinda banta hai. Tumhe khwab dikhta hai. Were you not in love with rides at that point of time phir ab kyu nahi? Kab tak apne chhote chhote khwabo masoom ko qaid karogi," Navya said. Nandini's orbs had transformed into the glass as tears glisten them.

Aryaman gently stroke Nandini's tresses. "Nandini, please uss choti si gudiya ke khatir to chalo. Woh gudiya jo sirf chote chote sapno mein bahut sari khusiyaan pana chahti thi. Jise apne aanewale kal ki chinta nahi hoti thi. Woh gudiya jo aasaman se baatein karti thi aur phool aur titliyo ke saath gungunati thi. Please Nandini," Aryaman embraced her, "Chhod do yeh zidd," He felt her lashes moist. "Stop being the Ultimate Niggard because I have already booked the package using my savings."

"I love you. You enormously stubborn pain in the ass and for the last time, I hate, loathe, detest and despise that phrase. Remind me to kill you, please," Nandini had a swift change of emotions like a fused bulb trying to glow.

"I don't plan my own death, Miss Murthy," Aryaman snapped.

"But you could plan your own murder. I will make sure we don't leave any forensic evidence behind, right Nandini?" Abhimanyu smirked.

"I will get the pitchforks and the popcorn," Navya chipped in.

"By the way, Mr. Murthy?" Nandini questioned Aryaman.

"Yes?"

"Who gave you the authority to spend your savings when you had to spend them on books on my birthdays?"

"I myself did, Miss Murthy," Aryaman played along.

"Well, I am going to contribute," Nandini said in a casual tone.

"Me too," Abhi said.

"Me three," Navya shouted.

"Aree! But Nandini, kyu? Chup hojao. Woh paise Mumbai mein humein kaam lagege isiliye tum aise kuch bhi nahi karogi," Aryaman said, in a slightly threatening tone

"I thought you were bright, Mr. Murthy but I forgot that light travels fa.ster than sound. I should not have heard you speak. You will shut up and do as I say," Nandini's pupil dilated with sarcasm and fake anger.

"Yes, Madam! Certainly Madam!" Aryaman took his stance. Aryaman mentally sighed. When once Nandini was determined to do something nobody could change her mind. She seemed icy cold determined now. He had enough quota of sarcasm and colder-than-artic-sea glares today.

"Decent," Nandini maintained the deep pitch and the quadruple burst into laughter. 

SCENE 2

TIME: NEXT DAY, 12:00 P.M.

"Imagica? Imagica? You want to visit some Indian amusement park after visiting the Universal Studios of the States and Singapore and two of the Disneylands. Are you kidding me, Cabir?" Manik couldn't believe his ears. He was shocked yet annoyed after lazing around at his farmhouse in Lonavala, they decided to go somewhere and Imagica was definitely the last on his list.

"Come on, Manik, why would I kid you? I'm not that bored and you're not that lucky," Cabir rolled his eyes and pulled a gloomy face. The FAB 3 giggled. 

Manik's face shrunk into disbelief. "f**k you, Cabir!" 

"Well, you really are obsessed with me. Fine, that will cost you 9.2 zillion dollars plus tax. Tender exact change please," Cabir replied in his pedantic formal voice, smirking and flaunting his comic timing at the same time.

"Don't flatter yourself, sweetheart. The only fan you have is on the ceiling who fantasizes to bang you," The left side of his faint red lip tugged upwards creating a sinister smirk on his god-like face. Cabir rolled his eyes

"Manik and Cabir, time out guys!" Mukti chipped in the conversation. "Manik, yaar, we really want to visit Imagica, please maan jaa. Maaza hi toh aayega na. Please," Mukti faked her melodramatic pleading eyes. She pressed her lips yet a vain attempt to keep her creeping grin at bay. 

By the swears of God, Mukti's spirit to mischief and adventure was a contagion.

Manik was to FAB 5, what genie was to Aladdin. Manik would snap his fingers without giving second thoughts to it. It didn't take more than three minutes to convince him.

Alya sharing a look with Mukti and gave a short nod full of determination. A slick smile spread, dimpling her cheeks which were both cute and concerning at the same time. "Manik, please, pretty please. Pretty please with a cherry on top."

The introverted Dhruv smiled at the cute antics of his girlfriend. His buddy was under six feet trouble.

"Iced with whipped cream," Mukti uttered making 'mm!' sounds.

"Sprinkled with m&m candies," Alya continued in her sweet sugarcoated voice.

"Stop it! We're going because I don't want to be diabetic," Manik smiled at their mischief and admired the most important girls in her life. The girls burst into a symphony of 'yays' and 'yes's.

"So, that's decided tomorrow we're going to Imagica," Alya squeaked in excitement.

Manik sighed like a slight spring breeze, soft and gentle, almost lost against the drone of the traffic. His lips curved into a content smile watching his friends like the G minor chord of his guitar. However, he felt a slight jolt inside his heart. Unknown Imagica was going to bring him into neck deep trouble, from top to bottom with collisions of fire and ice. 

Author's Note:

Hello MaNan Maniacs! 

At last, the forum seems alive after the announcement of KYY S3. I am so excited for it. This chapter has 2 parts, I'll update the B part ASAP

Do like and comment. I need more comments to inspire me!

If you want the PM for updates, Buddy me.

This chapter is dedicated to manancraze for supporting me on a practically hibernating forum.

Stay happy forever humesha,

Arcane 

miss_writer thumbnail

Originally posted by: manancraze

I love it...so funny...Maja aya padhke...MaNan enough sarcastic hai... I love how you shown their character...love both of their bonding. Love your writing style. Cont soon. Thanks for PM.

Thanks, darling! I am glad you're enjoying it.😊
Arcane
miss_writer thumbnail

Originally posted by: arshuaar

Thanx for Pm...😊
beautifully penned...
luved it

Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed it. ðŸ˜ƒ
Arcane
miss_writer thumbnail