Frequent Posters

miss_writer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Chapter 2B: Photograph in the 7th Circle of Hell

SCENE 1

TIME: 10:00 A.M.

Nandini's Pov

"Sorry guys but only one seat is left for the ride. One of you can go if you want or do you want to give the chance to somebody else?" the staff handling the ride called Deep Space asked us. All four of us stared at each other with blank faces of indecision.

"Imagica is f**king eximious in the history of amusement parks!" That was the first sentence Navya had uttered when we entered the park a few hours ago. To say, she was awestruck would be a lame understatement. She was trying to remember how to breathe, unable to speak, totally awestruck at the beauty and thrill of Imagica.

Aryaman was no exception either. His mouth was frozen, wide open in an expression of stunned surprise. I and Abhi had glanced at each other sharing mental facepalms and secret smiles at their playfulness.

They both were neck-deep in love with life. Their enthusiasm for life was irresistible.

I realized, how I was being a sonofabitch by disagreeing with them. These three still were tiny kiddos from the deepest core of their soul. Money is an insipid price for their happiness. I could do anything for these precious moments.

Imagica smelled of adventure. It echoed through the streets. It lingered in the exhilaration of people. There was music ringing in the air, cacophony, and symphony at the same time. Crescendoing with joy and cadencing with magic. Adrenaline was pumping in the background. Rides and happiness skirting around your existence.

Screams, laughter, cheers were all one could hear.

From Mr. India's extraordinary experience to Abhi's screams in those crazy teacups. From the adventure of laser guns at Alibaba and Chalis Chor ride to swirls of Nitro. Scream Machine. Rajasaurus river/ We had experienced it all and now we were on our second last destination before the haunted Salimgarh:

Deep Space.

Outer Space, I inhaled aloud. Space was for me, what wings as to faeries. Space gave me that tingly feeling, you know, the feeling that spreads from your brain right down to your fingers and toes. Leaving your body into a chaos of butterflies and electricity. Space was sorcery for me.

An incantation that gave me so much and took away from me so much. It gave me the wings to fly through the rainbow of curiosity and the magic of science but it was the one that damaged my wings too.

9 June 2002. A meteor struck a car on National Highway 48. The driver and the person in the front seat were killed instantly. A child of two died after struggling for 10 hours at Tejaswini Hospital due to the brain hemorrhage. However, the little girl of five survived.

Surprise! Surprise! Like all snoopy mystery novels, it turns out that little girl was me.

"Nandini?" Abhimanyu jostled me back and forth. "You are sweating, are you alright?" I gave him a weak smile. Navya and Aryaman scrutinize my health from top to toe.

"I am alright, stop surveying me, unfriendly nosy relatives of Sherlock Holmes," I straightened my tresses. Navya and Arya smiled. Abhi was skeptical.

"So, do one of you want to go in? The staff person questioned us again.

"I am going in," I decided. I cannot stand here and be an examination tool for these cynical undeserving apprentices of Sherlock Holmes. Their Nancy Drew shenanigans are not enough to remove my well-groomed facade. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong.

"Why? We'll go in together," Navya pouted her lips, ready to persuade me. Abhi remained silent because he knew that in such times, leaving me alone was for the best. He gave me a short nod of assurance. In turn, I blinked my eyes indicating I will be safe.

Our code word. "I'm there for you. I got your back."

"It is alright, let her go. Remember she wanted to become an astrophysicist, we don't want monotonous physics lectures during the ride," Aryaman tried to tease me but I know he was backing me up. This guy is a paradox.

"I refuse to have this negativity within my eyesight, Remove yourself at once," I stuck my tongue out and walked away.

SCENE 2

TIME: 11:00 A.M.

I entered the area for the ride and set on the remaining chair car besides a tall person. Darkness came like the thick velvet curtains of the theatre. It was as if the daytime had been one part of a play and the rest was to come after this intermission of fake night. In the Outer Space.

The shape of the person sitting next to me was in monochrome. A mere stygian silhouette.

But I never knew you could see emotions through the veil of darkness, through a mere silhouette. It was as though his body was a glass prism radiating his deepest, meanest, darkest fears of his soul to his silhouette.

Breathes ragged and harsh. His hands trembling his sides, convulsing and twitching. He jammed his fists into his mouth trying to stifle his screams.

At first, I thought maybe he is scared of the ride. Maybe he didn't want to do it but he was being forced. Peer pressure and stuff. But that feeling is so distinct.

You feel the giddiness in your stomach, topsy-turvy excitement jolts around you as though you're going to faint, lying unconscious on the ground, this second but still you smile through your fears even when you don't want to. An air of buoyancy surrounds you because you are aware electricity is running down your spine, charging you with experiences you never had.

However, I couldn't see the rush of electricity, he looked as if he was experiencing electric shocks.

And this reminded me of something else.

"Bas! Bas! Didi ki jaan, bas! Kuch nahi hua, baccha you're didi's strong boy. Haina Rahul? Tum apne har khauff ka samna kar sakte ho aur ye to bas ek elevator hai. Shona, kuch nahi hua."

"Di-di. Ba-hut, bah-ut, zy-zya-da, dard ho ra-ha hai. Saa-ns le-ne mein tak-leef ho rahi ha-i. Didi! Pl-le-ase ba-har ja-ana ha-ha-hai."

Claustrophobia? No, it is not a caged place, walls and ceilings are pretty high. Panic Attack? Scared of the Dark?

"Hey! Are you alright?" I finally mustered up the courage to ask that silhouette. He did not even glance at me.

Manik's Pov

f**k you, Cabir! You dunderhead, who told you to ditch me and go to that stupid Salimgarh. This the only time I regret not telling anybody about my Achluophobia, the fear of darkness.

It is just a minor fear, I keep telling myself.

But what do you do when your soul catches your lies? Do you try to regain its trust or do you regret playing recklessly with your soul?

I can feel the sweat drench my skin, the throbbing of my own eyes, the impetuous desire to scream my nerves out and the loud thumping of my heart against my chest. I can't hear my rapid breathing, but I can feel the oxygen flooding in and out of my lungs. My fingers are curled into a fist, nails digging into my palm. Darkness is going to chew me alive and spit me into the charcoal.

"Hey! Are you alright?" I see a girl sitting next to me from the corners of my eyes. I never realized somebody was sitting next to me.

"Are you alright?" Humph! Strangers and their creative ways of small talk. I need to control my shivers and demeanor. No more convulsions, Manik!

I closed my eyes, hold my breathe and decide to reply without fumbling, "I have slipped into the 7th Circle of Hell," I replied.

This usually shuts them up! After all, girls aren't intrigued by Dante's Divine Comedy.

Of course! An epic poetry about hell doesn't excite them until they continue reading the story about a fierce girl who wants women's rights which are synonymous to marrying a man who goes to high school a million times.

Dear Mr. Sparkle, you could have utilized your immortality to research for cancer than seducing a 17-year-old girl. From: You-Know-Who

"No, to Dante's misfortune," the girl replied with a clipped voice.

Oh, so we're on the same page! I was expecting some profanity or insipid questions but not denial. Interesting!

"You're a girl and you know about the circles of hell," I uttered more to myself than to her in shock. I should have controlled my curiosity.

"Did you gobble up stereotypes for breakfast? By the way, you don't belong to the 7th Circle because you have already succeeded to the 8th Circle of Hell, also known as the Fraud which includes panderers and seducers, flatterers, sorcerers, liars, thieves and Ulysses and Diomedes," she spoke with such an air of fluency as though she was a bookworm whose main aim in life was to memorise the Circles of Hell.

Sarcasm to stereotypes is what iceberg is to Titanic. Destructive!

Damn me! I should be careful with this girl. This is surely a hell dimension.

I decided to use this conversation as a distraction against my anxiety. "I never knew my charisma was burning bright and blue even in the darkness. The sorcery of my charms sparkles through the dark, I guess," I flattered myself.

"Liar," she spoke in a firm tone. It was pitch black dark and I knew she wasn't looking at me but it was as though she was directly looking into my eyes and removing each sheet of safety from my soul. When you don't have any moves left, silence becomes one. So, I kept quiet.

"I was referring to Liars," she told me after a few minutes gone.

"You lied that you were fine with your clipped words and not-so-witty comebacks. Everybody is aware the sarcasm is the best defense against pain. You haven't opened the Chamber of Secrets," Each and every word was echoing in my ear as if the chair-car was a cliff.

Damn her!

"Hey! What the f**k is happening to this ride? We all are waiting for ten minutes. What is happening? You have a goddamn bloody mismanagement here," a person in front of us stood up and shouted upon the staff.

"We're extremely sorry Sir. The staff operating this ride has left a week ago and the new staff is having lunch right now. You are requested to wait for ten more minutes. Apologies, sir," the staff guy apologized in a practiced regret-filled tone.

f**k you Cabir!

Ten more minutes with a freaking psyche in this pitch black hell can lead to my death!

Nandini's Pov

Ten more minutes with Mr. Narcissistic Personality Disorder convulsing with some goddamn fear can lead to my death!

A comfortable silence settled among us just like the two strangers not wanting to make unnecessary small talk.

I leaned on the backrest of the seat and closed my eyes.

One Mississippi.

Two Mississippi.

Three Mississippi ...

Thirty Mississippi. This is not working. I would rather drown in the Mississippi.

I opened my eyes to confront the same scenario what I had faced when I entered into Deep Space. Shivering and convulsing hands. Breaths ranging and falling. This guy should stop trying so hard to hide his fear from darkness so damn much. I sighed aloud.

India, a diverse country.

Translates:

India, a judgemental country where being an independent woman or a tomboy is hard but being a sensitive guy is harder.

I guess society will only stop judging you when Joey starts hating food, when Hermione fails a test, when Katniss cringes over the sight of bow and arrow and when Mr. Rikkard Ambrose funds a charity. Hence, never.

Nandini, he may have incurable Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He may be a self-centered narcissistic consumed in the lagoons of his virtues but he has read Dante's Divine Comedy. He has brains. You need to save him, Nandini. Remember, India's IQ level is just 82. You cannot lose a precious intelligent person.

Fine, Subconscious! What pleasure do you get in tormenting me?

"Okay, I know that you have qualified in the course of sarcasm but you know what, you are one of the dumbest people I met. You should have taken the treatment of Narcissistic Personality Order which you haven't and unsurprisingly, it has become incurable now. You should have taken the treatment of your panic attacks. But you haven't. Let's get this straight have you taken the pills for your Achluophobia? If not, what calms you down? Please tell me because I cannot lose a precious intelligent person belonging to India. Remember, we need to compete with Singapore. Their IQ level is 108," I ranted in a single go. 

He remained silent for a few seconds as though sinking in my rants.

Damn this pitch-black place, I can't even see his face!

I don't even know whether is facial muscles are contracting and relaxing, whether I was able to distract him.

"Yo-you ar-are," f**k! he has started fumbling with fear. But his tone was surprisingly warm. I continued putting my efforts to distract him.

"Witty, intelligent, a genius, immensely talented-," I tried to offer but he cut me off.

"Dangerous," he spoke in a firm tone, without fumbling this time. Blame darkness, I cannot even tell whether he was staring me right in the eye.

"Do you want me to ask somebody for medical aid?" I asked him in a softer tone this time.

"N-no. Pl-ple-plea-please," he was shaking with fear. His breathing turns rapid. His hands shivering as though he was struck by lightning.

I patted his back, "Hey! Hey! Shh! It is okay. Don't worry. I am there for you," I did not why I soothed him maybe because he reminded me of my ghost in the past. He somewhere was the version of me.

"What calms you down?" I whispered in his ear, "what brings you peace?" I questioned him in a feather-like soft voice.

"I-I ha-have n-no id-dea. I-I ne-nev-never fa-fac-faced su-such a sit-situ-situation," he ran out of breath.

"Di-di," Rahul was shivering as though he was down with scarlet fever.

"Ji, didi ki jaan, kuch nahi hua. Main hu, bas do minute aur yeh elevator khul jaayega. Watchman uncle ne kaha na," I caressed his frail soft cheeks and ruffled his hair. He hugged me instantly.

"Di-di, ga-ana su-na-nao," he nuzzled under the warm embrace.

I closed my eyes. I inhaled a loud breath. Nandini, you can do it. You have sung before thousands of people since you were 14. This is just a panic stricken guy. Sing to him. Calm him down.

Yes, Subconscious. I decided to sing an English song because I doubt that Mr. I-read-Dante-I-am-Mr.-Smartass would like a Bollywood song.

Manik's Pov

"Hey! Listen to me," she whispered, "now, I am going to sing a song to calm you down. Just focus on the lyrics, get mesmerized by them, feel each syllable of the symphony. Distract yourself from the darkness. I don't know whether you like music or it but I hope it helps."

Like Music? Girl, you're talking to Manik Malhotra. Music is my soul. It runs through my veins. It is the oxygen to my heart. She can feel the music. Maybe she has a melodious voice too. Let's see if she can sing.

Loving can hurt

Loving can hurt sometimes

I am scared.

Manik, calm down.

You need to focus. Feel this music. Music is your passion, your soul. Passions have no space for fear.

But it's the only thing that I know

When it gets hard

You know it can get hard sometimes

It is the only thing that makes us feel alive

I don't know this song. Well, I am fond of English music then, why is the song unknown to me.

We keep this love in a photograph

We made these memories for ourselves

Where our eyes are never closing

Hearts are never broken

Times forever frozen still

So you can keep me

Inside the pocket

Of your ripped jeans

Holdin' me closer

'Til our eyes meet

You won't ever be alone

Wait for me to come home

Her voice is crescendoing with magic as though her vocal chords are were sprinkled with pixie dust by the faeries of music and the lyrics are casting incantations to me. This song is dark, deep, the magic of the universe.

Loving can heal

Loving can mend your soul

And it's the only thing that I know (know)

I swear it will get easier

Remember that with every piece of ya

And it's the only thing we take with us when we die

I don't know about love but I swear that her voice is healing me.

We keep this love in this photograph

We made these memories for ourselves

Where our eyes are never closing

Hearts were never broken

Times forever frozen still

So you can keep me

Inside the pocket

Of your ripped jeans

Holdin' me closer

'Til our eyes meet

You won't ever be alone

I closed my eyes, feeling each syllable like she said. The lyrics are profoundly laced with such beautiful words.

And if you hurt me

That's OK, baby, only words bleed

Inside these pages you just hold me

And I won't ever let you go

Wait for me to come home

Wait for me to come home

Wait for me to come home

Wait for me to come home

Hello, People!

How was Manan's first meet?

Well, do share your thoughts with a truckload of comments and likes.

Tell me about the quirkiness of the title and your thoughts about Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

New cover made by a fellow friend on Wattpad!

Disclaimer: Imagica is used in purely fictitious manner. All views, opinions, and descriptions are purely imaginative and not for harming a particular caste, class, gender, religion or any individual

Also, people who hate me for putting the Twilight hatred lines, apologies. Though Robert Pattinson hates Twilight. If you don't agree with me, it is alright. May the odds ever be in your favor. 

So, people who are still reading the Author's Note, do you guys really think Manan can meet without stars and fireflies. No, right? So, in a few days I am going to but a part c too.

Till then, enjoy!

Arcane

Edited by miss_writer - 6 years ago
miss_writer thumbnail
Thank you so much!
miss_writer thumbnail

Originally posted by: ROOP0605

Amazing, 

Mind blowing,
Eagerly waiting for next part

Thank you!
arshuaar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
beautifully penned...
thanx for PM...
loved it...
ROOP0605 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Lovely, 
Intersting
miss_writer thumbnail

Originally posted by: arshuaar

beautifully penned...
thanx for PM...
loved it...

I am delighted you enjoyed it!
miss_writer thumbnail
Thank you so much! Your constant support is an elixir for my motivation.
Arcane๐Ÿ˜Š
miss_writer thumbnail

Chapter 2C: Shenanigans of Black Spectre

SCENE 1

TIME: 11:00 A.M.

Manik's Pov

Music is the dreams of the soul. The time when our soul closes its eyes and drifts somewhere into the clouds. I can picture the bizarre scene where our souls gasp for air, dumbfounded when the lyrics of the symphony can speak the words they fail to say.

The epilogue of the song bewitching them to fall into an absolute abyss and the soul awakens, unaware of the surroundings, lost in the music of its imaginations, brimming with the abstracts of emotions.

Music is the lullaby of my soul and even the stranger gauged the wild passions and cravings of music desired by my soul.

It is as though music is soothing my soul, rocking me back and forth, shushing my umpteen sobs, drinking my tears.

Music does calm me down. It did calm me down.

I closed my eyes shut, constraining my brain to rewind and replay the song in my head. Still ragged for breath.

The stranger beside me reached towards me and rubbed my back. Her long satiny and fleecy hair acting as a hindrance for my eyes.

In the dark, I could not gauge the color of her hair but I would hazard a guess that they were somewhere dancing between browns and blacks.

"Hey, it is okay," her voice as soft as though a satin fabric was slithering down her throat.

Although her voice was soft, her tone was firm. As though, she wasn't reassuring me, she was merely stating a fact.

Maybe she knew.

Maybe she has suffered.

Maybe she has seen someone suffering.

I hope I am okay.

I hope. I hope. I hope.

She retrieved to her seat.

I sighed, my breath regulating at a slow pace.

Alas! Hope is the most addicting drug of all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The panic in my abdomen which felt like a cluster of spark plugs began to subside.

My heart which was earlier hammering inside my chest like it belonged to a rabbit running for its skin, started to throb at a normal pace as though, the rabbit had finally reached to its safety.

The panic had condensed but not vanished. I was trying to distract myself as much as possible.

"Hey! Are you alright now?" The girl questioned me with a certain concern in her voice.

I am scared.

I am clueless.

I am terrified.

"I am fine," I am also good at camouflaging my scars.

"Do you know 90 percent of the time fine doesn't mean fine. Fine is a big obnoxious illusion. The scale goes from great, good, okay, not okay, I hate you, fine.

"So, where are you on the scale?" Her voice sounded as though she was concerned for me but her tone was also sprinkled by curiosity.

"Really, I am fine," I replied without exhibiting emotions in my voice. She was a freaking psychic.

"Tell me you're going to die. Tell me the sun is going to explode. Tell me the world is ending and I can do nothing about it because if I hear that you're fine one more time, I will scream," her tone was overflowing with bitterness layered by roughness.

She cursed not-so-quietly in a South Indian language. Tamil or Malayali would be my best guess.

I couldn't understand her words, and could only know they were curse words for the taut tone of her voice because the words sounded strangely melodic. They were sweet but venomous, like cupcakes sprinkled with poison.

A f**king stranger is physically and mentally forcing me to shed all my sheets of safety.

Unknowingly tormenting me to disclose my scars which for a very long period of time have been transformed into some enigmatic tattoos with my blood, sweat, and tears.

I have never felt so needy and so helpless in one lone moment.

This feeling is overwhelming and underwhelming at the same time, literally and metaphorically.

"First of all, will you cease murdering me in your ephemeral daydreams? Second of all, will you stop brainstorming creative and hazardous ideas to commit a mass killing?

"Third of all, will you cease embracing nasty apocalypse schemes? Fourth of all, why do you need to know whether I am okay or not okay?" I ranted.

Yes, I, The Manik Malhotra deliver a tirade to a f**king stranger whom I couldn't even see in this Stygian Circle of Hell.

The girl who was so obstinate to shred my masquerade.

My heart was dancing to whisper the truth. But I could never whisper because my voice always had a million reasons to shout. The shouts which were tormenting my languid brain.

"You're not okay," she stated with a cold authority. Never in a million years, I could deny this bare, naked truth.

"I am not okay," I reiterated the aforementioned fact.

I let out the whisper.

They were just four paltry words yet they were overflowing with an astonishing array of emotions. Emotions I was afraid to show to any living organism.

"I know," she said.

"But sometimes it is okay not to be okay. It is okay to be afraid, to be sensitive, to be clueless, to be terrified, to be vulnerable. This does not make you weak, it makes you human. Sometimes it is okay not to be okay because you have been strong for too long," she said in a tone of conciliation.

My eyes widened in the dark.

I anticipated a long extensive talk from a stranger about maintaining a positive perspective in life, about surviving the storms and being brave and blah, blah, blah.

Don't blame me Mr. Subconscious. Didn't all the cliche books had the stranger with a 20-page monologue about this facade?

This occurrence was generally whilst the period when the protagonist was going to commit suicide, after receiving shit grades, a mammoth fight with their parents and exasperatingly sad heartbreak.

Strangely, I found comfort in her words. Maybe it is okay not to be okay.

"Besides," she spoke after an extensive pause. I could sense a timbre of cheerful amusement in her tone, "we need to be not okay otherwise, chocolates, ice-creams music, books, loads and loads of books will wrestle with an existential crisis."

A slow grin spread over my face, unhurried as though my cheekbones were penetrating her humor in their cells.

An unruffled smile made way to my cheeks it was as though the freckled crescent unwraps slowly from the camouflaging clouds after a torrential downpour in the midnight. The time when the atmosphere is fragmented with the ambrosial fusion of night-blooming jasmine and the petrichor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The panic is rising again like a phoenix does from the ashes.

Adrenaline is lumping back in my throat. The darkness is starting to consume me again as though I am flying in a plane around the Bermuda triangle.

Wait for me to come home

Wait for me to come home

Wait for me to come home

I am chanting the lyrics of her song but in vain. I feel my ribs heaving as if bound by ropes, straining to inflate my lungs. My head is a carousel of fears spinning out of control, each one pushing my mind into blackness. I want to run; I need to freeze.

Distract yourself, Manik.

Don't think about it.

You're breathing. Converse with the girl.

Don't think about it.

Don't think about it.

Calm down.

I hope. I hope. I hope.

I closed my eyes and set my neurons on fire. Brainstorming any conversation starters.

After a certain amount of minutes, spend on music, a sardonic grin spread over my face, hurried and hasty, my mind was tumbling with a bag of ideas. It was as though the neurons have brought back my phase of a crazy bookworm.

"Do you regularly have these philosophical and cheerful conversations with strangers or am I product of your psychosis?" My facial expressions were hop-scotching between a smirk and a chuckle. It was an absurd expression.

"No, you're a bizarre exception and I do not wish to have you as a product of my psychosis.

"But I guess I would rather like unburdening the nightmares that you found tangled in your dreamcatcher this awful morning than drown in my schizophrenic universe with a myriad of tales about your Narcissist Personality Disorder," she replied with sudden fierceness.

"Unburdening the nightmares which are tangled in my dreamcatcher?" I sneered.

"Girl, do you realize in our previous lives I could be the infamous and brutal serial killer called the Black Spectre whose terminal objective in his life was to brutally murder Seren, the princess of the Welsh kingdom to seek his revenge from the king.

"Surprise, surprise, you're the Welsh princess, Seren and I am Black Spectre who reincarnates to accomplish his mission as the prophecy foretold him by a specialist clairvoyant," A motion of hazy imaginations were revolving around my mind as I was cooking up a story.

Hopefully, this reduces my anxiety and the girl doesn't get frightened. I hope she understands why I am trying to divert my mind.

Nandini's Pov

Distraction.

I exhaled aloud. I believe such phobias anticipate people to welcome distractions.

How courageous it is that people try to eradicate their fear! Forgetting that fear is part of being human. It's the precursor to bravery. We need fear, it wakes us up to what needs to be done. We need to feel it, own it, let it ignite our thoughts.

I guess I should play along to not create an awkward situation for this person. God knows, how I aided him to embrace fear.

At any cost, I do not desire to see his demeanor. Even little children desperately waiting for the commencement of this bloody ride can sense his "I am scared"demeanor in the dark.

Besides, his story-telling skills are remarkable. It can be the cause of my amusement for another ten minutes

"Okay, first of all, you read a lot of books," I said.

"Damn right, I do," he commented instantly as though he was waiting for the comeback since he transformed into a passionate bookworm.

"Second of all, Black Spectre? You call yourself Black Spectre?" I questioned him about the origin of that nickname. What was he in his previous life, a sexually hungry middle-aged phantom.

"Yeah, I wanted to go by Dementor, but that would be copyright infringement," he had a timbre of a scornful voice.

"Well, expecto patronum then. However, let me complete my third and last question, why a princess? I don't want to look like a princess even in my previous life. I want to look like a formerly evil queen who reluctantly redeemed herself for the side of the good," I said.

"You read too much!" he reiterated my phrase.

"Damn right, I do," I reiterated his and we bust into specks of laughter.

SCENE 2

TIME: 11:15 A.M.

Nandini's Pov

Silence engulfed our surroundings for a few moments. I could here the loud critical comments of the people stuck in their chair-cars. Some people were asking the staff for the doors to opened. Cacophony and chaos was dancing in every nook and every corner of the room.

"Why Seren?" I questioned him.

"Seren?" He asked again.

"Does your Narcissistic Personality Disorders have an overlapping symptom of Alzheimer's? Seren? The victim of Black Spectre. The princess of Welsh Kingdom," Reminiscing him about the story of apparently our adventurous, mad and agonized previous life.

"Why don't you like it?" He asked me, clearly expressing his admiration for the word.

"Pfft! No! It is like a camel spit to the neurons of creativity. It is a word that is actually making my neurons nauseous with an unknown level of mental dysentery.

"I would rather prefer the name, Matilda. It is a gorgeous and a powerful name. Seren sounds like a couch potato baby bird exasperating the mother bird with its rasping voice.," I ranted.

I should really consider disclosing my mad-hatter imaginations to a stranger. But I don't ever consider. Perhaps I do not possess the voice, the one that tells you not to say the things that are wrong.

"Star," his voice sounded like he was talking about his deepest passions, crazy ambitions, and wild sensations. Maybe stars were special to him. He spoke as though his eyes had started smiling and his breathing has deepened a little.

Stars. I inhaled a deep puff of air. Traumatic recollections devoured every cell of my body. With years of practice, I pushed the faded images out of my mind,

"Seren is a popular Welsh name that means a star," he elucidated his knowledge about the name.

"Star is just a huge ball of gas held together by one of the few known sorceries called gravity," I snorted.

"Just because they're far-fetched and release some light energy miles away doesn't make them unique."

"Arre! Stars he toh hai. Problem kya hai? In fact, I like them. They are the brightest magic of the cosmos. Stars light the sky like snow-flakes in the night, appearing, like an old photograph.

"These stars na they tell us tales, tales of great angels and dragons, of times of war and times of peace, of death and life. When they stretch across the endless sea of sorrows, a million spangled glimmers of hope pierces through the veil of the night sky, like the eyes of angels in the distant darkness. They strive for light in the world so dark.

His words fall through the air like confetti, their transient beauty drawing me closer.

For a moment I felt unguarded. I pause, trying to overcome the power of words he uttered.

Only if he knew, that light transforms into the fire. The fire that is a catastrophe of ripping families and mutating living organisms.

"I have a conflicting belief. I hate, loathe, detest and despise stars," I told him, reminiscing about the past.

"You don't say," his tone was dripping with disbelief.

"I do. Maybe because as a science enthusiast I realize that when light transforms into a fire, it has the palpable power to engulf everything, light or dark, good or evil and spit it into the radiations of photons," I told him, knowingly unveiling the secrets in an enigma.

"I believe fireflies usse jyada ache hote hai. The prove about the bizarre creations by the cosmos. The time when a thick dark canvas blankets the atmosphere, the quick flicker and crackle of light, too fast for the naked eye.

"Suddenly the soft warm glow of the firefly slicing through the dark atmosphere with its sugary light. That's the light that brings joy. That joy dances in a heady swarm of light, like a frozen firework explosion. It is a magic that doesn't cause harm," I was overwhelmed by the emotions.

"We may have a vast difference of opinion. However, I admire your views. Tell me something, you aren't from Mumbai, are you?" He asked me, somewhere he knew the answer.

"Fortunately, not," I chuckled and the speaker erupted.

"Your rides will be starting in the next 5 minutes, please come ahead to the front row chair-cars for the best experience," the male voice from the speaker announced.

The chair-cars which were completely occupied were empty now as many people left in exasperation and letting out some colorful words at the management.

I decided to occupy the front-seat, leaving the stranger alone so that we actually remain the blind strangers. My decision was based on the fear that if I may come across this person, we both are not embarrassed to death.

Maybe strangers remain, strangers, till they don't see each other.

"So, this is it then, I guess," I turned towards him, the room was still dark, however, he seemed calm.

"I am occupying the front-seat and I truly hope you start believing that it is okay not to be okay. Share your fears with your loved ones," My tone was resolute.

"Thank you so much, umm... Matilda," his voice was filled with gratitude, "You are one of those girls that are intelligent and caring. You have a euphonious voice. Thank you for calming me down.

"Black Spectre was not so kind in the previous life," I rolled my eyes. He chuckled.

"I am comfortable sitting here and I truly hope you start believing in stars. I reciprocate the advice to share your fears with your loved ones, Matilda," He spoke in a concerning voice.

"Are you Mr. Narcissist Personality Disorder?" I questioned him in disbelief. He laughed aloud.

"Goodbye, Black Spectre," I finally bid my adieu because the ride would be starting soon and the staff member was nagging people who were searching for places in the absolute dark.

"Goodbye, Matilda," his voice had a timbre of amusement.

I occupied the front row.

A loud screeching noise erupted in the room, a jerk pushed my chair-car backward. As realization dawned, the adrenaline started flooding my system like it's on an intravenous drip - right into my blood at full pelt.

My heart will explode and I feel my eyes wide, letting in every ounce of the fading light. My body wants to either run fast for the hills or work to find weaponry, but instead, I stay right where I am. Sometimes freezing is the best of the choices.

Outer Space, here I come.

But first, some rebellion with the stars.

Manik's Pov

Adrenaline is activating my sympathetic nervous system, making my heart beat faster, diverting blood to my muscles and away from my gut. Flight or fight right? Well, all I know is that I love it. I'm addicted to it. It's my drug of choice.

Stars, here I come.

Not just as Manik Malhotra, the star lover but as Manik Malhotra, the star lover who is enlightened by fireflies.

I smug at myself.  

They say love is a rollercoaster ride, who knew love will start on a rollercoaster ride.

Hello my MaNan Maniacs!

How was MaNan first conversation?

Tell me about your favourite lines from this chapter?

What about Black Spectre and Matilda?

Disclaimer: Imagica is used in purely fictitious manner. All views, opinions, and descriptions are purely imaginative and not for harming a particular caste, class, gender, religion or any individual.

Also, guys if you want me to Pm you. Don't forget to Buddy me or Pm me for the same. I am largely available on Wattpad.  If you read MaNan FFs there, do not forget to put mine in your reading list. My id is @missarcane_writer

Keep Fangirling!

Stay Savage!

Arcane

Edited by miss_writer - 5 years ago
AlmondCat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
just stumbled here by accident...i watched the 1st season on youtube...liked it a lot...Loved what you wrote here...please do continue!!

you have a great ease with the words and love the subtle sarcasm you have it here...๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by sbadam - 5 years ago
miss_writer thumbnail

Your comment makes me delirious with happiness. I loved your feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed the chapter. To be very honest, KYY forum on IF is dwindling so, it gives me so much happiness that you took time out and read this little piece.

Arcane

Originally posted by: sbadam

just stumbled here by accident...i watched the 1st season on youtube...liked it a lot...Loved what you wrote here...please do continue!!

you have a great ease with the words and love the subtle sarcasm you have it here...๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by miss_writer - 5 years ago