Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aparna3011 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

maan's dadaji regrets for their decision with out knowing what maan want n ask that he like geet . maan is fumbling to give his answer

Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

Chapter 43

“Do you like her?” Gaurav asked again.

“I…” Maan hesitated, he had not allowed the thought to ever really sink in. He blurted it out to Kirsten that he found Geet interesting and she took it that he liked her. Can he tell the truth to his grandfather? Can he accept it himself?

“Maan…” Gaurav prompted gently.

“Dadaji… I…” he paused composing himself and looked at his grandfather, Gaurav inhaled deeply as Maan finally nodded his head slowly.

He couldn’t bring himself to say the words, he couldn’t voice it out so he only nodded. He admitted to himself and his grandfather he liked Geet Pearson.

Gaurav sighed heavily placing his hand on Maan’s shoulder in reassurance, the admiration is one sided right now, he wondered whether Geet would be able to see past Maan’s physical features. Suneel did inform that Geet had not rejected him but their family. He pondered thoughtfully over Geet Pearson, he had remained in contact with Suneel and Marissa over the last couple of months exchanging pleasantries now and then, he wouldn’t however be able to approach them again for their daughter’s hand. It would not only be embarrassing but Geet was most probably holding a grudge, she didn’t drift away from talking about work.

If he had to guess, she probably didn’t want to do the decorating, and if they’d not asked for her personally, he assumed she would have passed the project onto someone else. 

————-

Dressed in Christian Dior, Louboutin heels, hair twisted in big loose curls flowing past her shoulders, Geet Pearson was ready for the night ahead. She slipped in two diamond earrings sliding on her bracelet and grabbing her clutch she walked out of her apartment in Dubai. She pulled her phone out sending a quick text to her parents for sending over the extra money she required. She had moved here for the 5 weeks of training that was essential to becoming an air stewardess, it was only her second week here and the company was holding their annual party where a lot of high profile members of the public attended. Geet had considered giving it a miss as she was still tired from her recent trip, however reminded herself this party would great to meet potentially a lot of people who’d be able to give her tips for this business. She climbed into her car and drove towards the venue where the annual party was being held. She parked up outside, climbed out of her car and headed into the party.

She instantly recognised Ashley and Kanchan, they only lived a couple of doors away from her apartment.

“Hey” Geet approached them.

Both of them returned her greeting simultaneously.

“Would you like a drink?” Kanchan questioned.

“No thanks, I’m driving” Geet shook her head and glanced around the party. “Are the bosses an all here?” she asked curiously.

“Many of the line managers and Chief Pursers are here” Ashley replied grabbing herself a champagne and sipped, “Did you know you could bring someone with you?”

“Oh, could you?” Geet responded, “No I hadn’t known. Anyway, I wouldn’t have been able to get anyone with me if I wanted to, I only moved last week” she chuckled.

“How are you liking Dubai?” Kanchan asked.

“I’m still adjusting, it’s different to New York”

“You lived in New York?”

“Most of my life, yes. My parents are settled in India and are wanting me to join them soon” she replied.

“Oh, wow. Where are your parents living in India?” Kanchan inquired, “I’m from India as well” she added.

“I stop in the main Mumbai airport, then my dad picks me up” she responded.

“I’m hoping after my training, I’m based in the India office” Kanchan stated.

“I want to be in the UK office” Ashley replied.

“And I’d like to placed in the New York office but I know my parents are going to be damned upset” Geet chuckled.

“Ashley” Jamie walked over smiling, Geet arched her brows curiously seeing Ashley blush and respond to him.

“Hey Jamie” Ashley looked at Geet and Kanchan, “Guys this is Jamie, he’s a pilot and Jamie this is Geet and Kanchan. They’re training alongside me” she introduced.

“Ladies” Jamie flashed them a pearly white smile.

They exchanged pleasantries for a while, Geet excused herself as her phone vibrated indicating it was a call from her sister.

“Hello” Geet stepped outside onto the balcony answering the call.

“He proposed! Geet, he proposed” Tara squealed.

“Sean proposed?” Geet wondered whether she was hearing correctly.

“Yes! He proposed” Tara giggled excitedly.

“Wow. I never thought he’d get around to it” Geet chuckled. “Congratulations! I’m so happy for you sis”.

“What’s all that noise?” Tara quizzed.

“I’m at this annual party thing” Geet responded, “It’s okay but God! Its kinda boring”

Tara laughed, “I’ll let you get back to it. Call me before you go bed”.

“I don’t know how long I’m going to be here, probably be late” she replied, “I’ll text you to make sure you’re awake before I call”.

“Okay, enjoy the boring party” Tara replied then cut the call.

Geet turned around and looked surprised seeing a man leaning against the door.

“Were you eavesdropping?” Geet questioned narrowing her eyes.

“No, not at all” he shook his smiling warmly stepping closer, “I followed you”

“You what?”

“I followed you” he answered directly, “I saw you and I followed you”

“Whatever the hell for?”

“To ask you out” he grinned confidently.

“My answer is no then” Geet rolled her eyes, “Now can you move from out of my way”.

“Why?”

“Why what?”

“Why won’t you go out with me?” he inquired.

“Because you’re a stranger – stranger is danger, haven’t your parents ever taught you that?” she asked stepping aside, only to have the stranger swipe a step in front of her.

“Adrian Lewis, 24yrs old, model, no kids, no past baggage and seriously into you. And we have some chemistry here” he pointed to the space between them. “I’m sure you can feel it” he moved a step forward making her take a step back.

Geet stared for a moment surprised then chuckled, “Geet Pearson” she held out her hand. “And I’m not sleeping with you on our first date” she informed.

Adrian smirked, “Darling, you’re going to want to but I don’t sleep with my dates on the first date” he winked and shook her hand.

“Hey, I thought you’re going to meet me at the Khurana’s?” Adhira questioned as she stood from her desk seeing Geet walk in.

“I was, but I also remembered that I’ve got to check on the Mittal family” Geet answered walking into her office and switched on her laptop. Tapping in her password, she opened the Mittal file and printed off the new documents she had created.

“We’re working in the house today, so why are you wearing blazer an all?”

“I’ve got my jeans and top on, but we’re going to see the Mittal family after I’ve finished so I’ve got to seem like I made an effort” she chuckled, “can you add them into their file?” she gestured to the print outs whilst she checked the messages on her office phone.

After she had checked them and Adhira included the print outs into the file, they both left the office together. “I’ll drive you, I’ll be coming back to the office today” Geet informed unlocking her car and climbed inside whilst Adhira got into the other side.

When they had arrived, Gaurav Khurana was there to greet them.

“Good morning ladies” Gaurav greeted as they climbed out of the car.

“Good morning” Geet responded nodding her acknowledgement. “Is Maan not here today? We can reschedule?”.

“He’s been called to work on a case, he wouldn’t be more than an hour” Gaurav answered, “You can go right on and work” he pointed in the direction of the outhouse. “If you need anything, just let me know. I’ll be available” he told them.

“Okay, thank you” Geet offered a smile and walked towards the outhouse with Adhira.

“Zara” Geet called out as she entered the outhouse.

“Yeah?” Zara climbed down the stairs twisting her hair into a bun and rolling up her sleeves.

“How far are you into clearing the rooms?” Geet asked as she placed her laptop down and slipped out of her blazer.

“Most of it is done, Maan has gotten everything stored. Kitchen items have been removed, the new office is all bare and ready for you” she pointed.

“Okay, have the supplies been delivered?” Geet asked.

“Yes, oh… Maan kept the supplies in their garage just so it wasn’t in the way” she informed.

“Alright, Adhira why don’t you assist upstairs and see what else needs doing? Then help me in the garage, I’ll just get them to open it up for us” Geet instructed and walked out heading towards the main house.

Geet knocked on the door and looked around, their garden was large and seemed like someone was looking after it seeing the bed of flowers dotted around. She looked curiously seeing someone jogging, before she could focus on making out the face the door opened.

“Geet…” Savitri looked questioningly. “Can I help you?”

“Hi, we had our supplies delivered over the week and Zara informed me that you kept in the garage” Geet responded.

“Oh, okay. I’ll get… Rajeev” she called out noticing her son outside.

Rajeev strode over, “Good morning” he greeted seeing Geet by the door.

“Morning” Geet answered nodding her head.

“Maan is working and they need access to the garage, I don’t know where your dad has gone…” Savitri looked around.

“It’s okay Maa, I’ll open it” Rajeev responded. “It’s this way” he gestured. “I apologise for my current state” he stated. “I usually run for 20 minutes every morning before I go to work”.

“Oh, its fine” Geet smiled, “I wish my dad would do that every day” she let the words slip from her mouth before she could hold back.

“How are you parents?” Rajeev questioned as he led her around the back of the outhouse.

“They’re okay” she replied.

Rajeev nodded entering the pin into the keypad and the garage doors opened slowly.

“Right, I’ll leave you to it, once you’re done just press this button here and the doors will close. You won’t need the pin to lock it” he informed.

“Alright, thank you” Geet responded politely offering a smile.

Rajeev smiled at her and left leaving her to work, Geet sent a quick text to Adhira informing her to bring the team to help move the boxes into the outhouse.

“Have you opened the garage door for them?” Gaurav asked as Rajeev entered.

“Yeah, its open” Rajeev nodded and looked at Rhea, “I’m going to shower then going to work. Can you just grab me the files from the office and leave them in the hall” he requested and headed upstairs.

“I didn’t notice before…” Savitri started, “But when she came today, I noticed she’s got a tattoo” she looked between her husband and daughter in law.

Gaurav chuckled, “Savitri, its their choice”.

“I’m only saying, tattoos are permanent and its easy to put it on, easy to regret but removing and changing it…” she murmured. “Don’t her parents say anything?” she questioned.

“I think they’re old enough to make choices, maa” Rhea laughed. “Geet is…I think 32”

“I thought she’s only a year older than Maan” Savitri frowned. “Did you know?” she looked at Gaurav.

“Yes, I knew her age when we went to see her” Gaurav nodded. “Savitri, does age matter?”

“No, I’m just…” she sighed. “There should be boundaries you know, we were brought up with boundaries, we taught our children, and they taught our grandchildren”

“Savitri my dear wife” Gaurav placed his hand around his wife’s shoulder, “Everyone has boundary limits at different places, ours was different and Suneel’s is different” he replied.

“Do you see any good indian family have such openness? They’ve let her get a tattoo, she’s travelling all the time, and…”

“Bas bas bas” Gaurav chuckled. “Tum na Savitri…” he shook his head.

“She’s nice, I’m not saying she isn’t nice” she responded. “She’s bright, and got a very good head on her shoulders, she should just use it a little more wisely”

“Maa, I think she’s wise enough” Rhea chuckled lightening the atmosphere, “She’s running a business and working”

“And I feel she’s quite nice” Rajeev added joining them now dressed in his suit and taking the file his wife had grabbed for him. “If we make an effort and be nice to her, I’m sure she’d treat us back with the same respect” he looked at his mother.

Savitri rolled her eyes, “I’m just curious”.

“Of course, love” Gaurav agreed teasingly.

Maan had just finished sending new leads to Aaron and stood, he knew Geet had arrived and was most probably working in the outhouse. He had asked Gaurav to greet her and to inform her he’d join them in a little while. He grabbed his cane and stood, he walked out of the office and climbed the stairs. He had listened to his family going on about Geet, especially his grandmother. More than Gaurav, Savitri was little more reserved.

He was thankful that his grandfather had not spilled out to anyone that he confessed to liking Geet, he knew for sure that his grandmother will be telling him to look elsewhere as she was probably not going to be right for him or their family. Not that he stood a chance with Geet Pearson, so his grandmother didn’t have to worry about him looking elsewhere right now.

“Maan, would you like anything to eat?” Rhea asked as she noticed her son coming downstairs.

“No thanks mama. I’m just going to check up on what’s happening at the outhouse”.

“Oh, I’ve not asked them if they want anything” Rajeev stated.

“It’s okay, I’ve made some poha and aloo paratha, I’ll bring them over” Rhea responded.

“Alright, thanks mama” Maan nodded and walked out heading towards the outhouse.

Maan entered the outhouse and could hear the noises coming from the office, he walked in that direction and stopped by the door. His eyes drew to Geet, she’d took off her shoes, her jeans were rolled up to her knees as she stood on a step ladder hammering something into place whilst giving instructions. He looked around and noticed some of her team working on another wall hammering some shelves into place, shelves that started from the top near the ceiling right down to the floor.

“Adhira, pass me another nail” Geet called out holding out her hand, “I’m going to need another to secure this frame into place” she added. “I’ll use screws to secure it all afterwards”.

Maan noticed Adhira looking contemplated as she was on another step ladder working on something else, he nodded in acknowledgement to Adhira and walked over picking a screw and handed it. Geet looked down confused feeling different slightly bigger hands touching her palm, “Oh, hi” she took the nail. “Thank you, just bear with me a second” she told him and turned hammering the nail down. Once she had finished, she climbed down the step ladder placing the hammer down. “As you can see its chaotic here, but we’re on securing the bookshelves there, securing frames here the additional computer screens” she pointed explaining the work they were doing.

Maan listened attentively, he was interested to see how the office was going to be once they finished, his eyes were also trained on Geet Pearson. She’d dressed a little more casually compared to the other times he had seen her, and as always, she pulled off the look elegantly, her newly coloured hair was swept into a high ponytail with braids at the sides.

“We’ll be doing the kitchen next week, the supplies for this room has been delivered so we’ve started on this office” she explained turning to look back at him. He was looking at her but seemed to be distracted. “Do I have something on my face?” she asked.

Maan broke off from his thoughts, his cheeks heated as he was caught, he wondered what he was possibly going to say, he opened his mouth to respond but closed it again.

Geet arched her brows curiously placing a hand on her cheek, “Dust?”

“No, nothing” he murmured cursing himself inwardly. He had not even realised she had turned to look back at him this time. What the hell was he thinking?

“Hellooo” Rhea called out saving him from anymore embarrassment. “Oh wow” Rhea stopped outside the door liking how the office was coming along. “Hi” she turned to those who stopped what they were doing and glanced over at her. “I’ve got some Poha and stuffed parathas for you” she told them. “I’ve set them on the hall, whilst they’re warm why don’t you go and eat?” she told them. “There’s hot drinks as well” she added.

“Ooh Poha” Adhira looked excited. “Right break for 10 minutes guys”.

Geet scowled at Adhira who only rolled her eyes and walked out with the others to help themselves.

“Geet, aren’t you coming?” Rhea asked hopefully.

“Sure” she smiled politely.

“That’s good, Maan you also come. You’ve not ate breakfast properly” Rhea told her son.

He nodded in agreement and walked out with Geet besides him, he grabbed himself a small bowl of Poha and settled on the sofa. Geet on the other frowned as she took in the food that Rhea had served. What is that? Geet pondered to herself and looked up when Rhea held out a small bowl.

“I don’t eat that, sorry” Geet apologised politely shaking her head. “I’ll just have a coffee” she responded.

“How about a paratha?” Rhea pointed. “It’s stuffed with potato”

“It’s okay, thank you for offering. I’d had breakfast so I’m not hungry” she replied.

“Oh, okay” Rhea agreed and placed the bowl down. “Make sure you all eat properly” she told the others. “When is your lunch break?” she asked.

“We’ll be breaking for lunch around half 1” Zara responded.

“Would you care for some biryani?”

“Yes please!” Saahil nodded.

“Mrs Khurana, there is really no need to go through all this trouble” Geet intervened shooting a glare at her team.

“Oh it’s no trouble. I was making biryani today, I’ll just add another cup of rice” she smiled. “You’re going to be staying for lunch right? Would you like to eat something else?” Rhea questioned as she noticed that Geet hadn’t touched anything that she’d made.

“She’s on a bland eating diet” Zara chuckled.

“I’ve got a meeting with another client so I wouldn’t be staying but thank you asking. You really shouldn’t be doing this, we’re being paid to work for you” she responded.

“And we’re just making sure you’re being cared for whilst you’re here” Rhea responded smiling. “If you would like something else to snack on, let me know”.

“I’m fine, thank you once again” Geet thanked Rhea once again, each time she had come around she has seen Rhea bringing snacks and drinks in to feed her team and today she’s offered to make lunch for them. Rhea excused herself telling them to enjoy themselves and returned to the mansion. Maan grabbed a bottle of water taking a swig and watched Geet pour herself a cup of coffee.

“Honestly, Geet you don’t know what you’re missing out on” Zara spoke as she munched on her poha moaning and groaning.

“No thanks, I’m fine” Geet scrunched her nose shaking her head.

“I don’t know how you’ve not tried this” Saahil commented.

“Are you all going to keep bothering me about food? I don’t like indian food, it’s a simple answer” she rolled her eyes at her team. She had tried indian food and did like some foods but it wasn’t something she’d be able to eat on a daily basis, she’s seen how much oil, butter and spices go into the foods. She could see why her colleagues were chunky monkeys.

“Why don’t you try this paratha?” Adhira asked. “It’s so delicious”.

“It shows by looking at you all” Geet responded, maybe she should have a word with Rhea Khurana and explain to her that she shouldn’t make these unhealthy foods and fatten her colleagues even more but then the woman might take offense because with the way she’s cooking for them, she probably eats the same foods however the woman doesn’t have fat on her body which shows she’s got a good metabolism.

“Are you done eating?” she looked at her team in annoyance.

“Wait, lemme just finish my tea” Zara murmured.

“I’ll meet you in the office” she told them and returned to the office. 

Maan had watched the interaction between Geet and her colleagues in amusement, he was also intrigued as to how Geet had not tried poha or eaten a paratha. Poha was like something everyone in Mumbai ate at least once in their lifetime, usually everyone ate that a second and third time because it was amazingly delicious especially with aloo bhujia. He walked into the office leaving the others to finish their teas and coffees, he found Geet sliding into her heels and rolling down her jeans to her ankles.

“Adhira, I’ve got to go. Nick has fallen sick, Tara is out and Sean is at work” Geet straightened. “Oh sorry, I thought you…”

“It’s okay” Maan smiled, “Would you like to me to pass on a message?”

“No, I’ll let them know. I’ve got to go right now, my nephew has fallen sick. My brother in law is at work and my sister is out, the school couldn’t get in touch with them”

“That’s fine” Maan nodded.

“The work would be continued by my team once they have eaten though, I’ll just drop my nephew off to my office and leave him with my mum, after my second appointment I’ll nip back in to check on the progress” she explained grabbing her blazer and slipped into it.

“See you later” she told him and walked past him letting Adhira know of the same and telling Adhira to continue work here, when she returns later she’d pick Adhira and drop her off.

Chapter 44

Geet Aged 21 – 3rd week training in Dubai, first date.

“Do I look like a child?” Geet arched her brows at her date in amusement.

“Pearson, when was the last time you’ve been on a ride?” Adrian questioned resting his hands on his hips mockingly.

“I am not 12 years old anymore, if you haven’t noticed” she smirked.

“If that was the last time you’d been on a theme park, you haven’t lived” he chuckled. “Humour me” he held out his hand wiggling his fingers, he smirked cheekily.

“You could’ve warned me that you were bringing me to a theme park. I would have considered wearing comfortable clothes” she responded rolling her eyes and linked her fingers with his allowing him to lead the way.  

“There’s also a Bollywood one that we can go to later on” Adrian suggested.

“Let’s see if there is a next time” Geet chuckled.

Adrian led her to ride after ride, he brought her to the stalls challenging her to the basketball match to see who can put the most baskets in within two minutes.

Geet’s competitive streak kicked in, she grabbed the basketball and waited for the timer to go off, it did and she chucked them in grinning as she saw her numbers going up.

Each time the basketball went through the hoop, the ting sounded.

Adrian caught up, they were head to head and only had a minute left.

“Adrian…” Geet called suggestively.

“You’re not tricking me Pearson” Adrian laughed.

Geet used her left hand to grab the basketballs and aimed for the hoops, whilst she reached out to him with her.

“Hey, that’s cheating” Adrian turned his head to her as the horn sounded announcing the end of the game. “You pinched my ass” he crossed his arms.

“Did you see me?”

“There’s only you here” he pointed out.

“There’s also a kid behind you” Geet pointed to the little child stood only two feet away, “How do you know it wasn’t him? Maybe check your jeans for your wallet” she looked at him innocently biting back her smile.

“You’re a cheat, Pearson” Adrian shook his head grinning widely, he took the teddy the man offered and handed it to his date. “There’s your prize”.

“Thank you very much!” Geet smiled wiggling her brows cheekily.

“C’mon let’s get some food and we’ll go on a couple more rides” he suggested.

“So… we’re at your apartment” Adrian looked around.

“Outside it” Geet corrected teasingly.

Adrian chuckled, he stepped forward reaching out to push a curl away from her face, “I had fun tonight” he told her softly.

“I wasn’t sure at first” Geet started, “But I’ve had a lot of fun today” she admitted, since college she had been focused on getting her degree and getting a placement in the airline. She hadn’t realised she had lost the few friends she used to keep in touch with.

Today, she hadn’t thought about work or stressed over her training session.

“Thank you” Geet looked at him appreciatively.

“You’re welcome, Pearson” Adrian answered, “Now are you going to give me your number? I deserve your number now”

“Oh, do you now?” Geet teased.

“I feel like I earned some merits” Adrian nodded looking awfully sure of himself. “C’mon I want to take you on another date and emailing you, well I don’t like emails”

Geet pondered glancing down at her phone biting her lip seemingly thinking.

“You’re messing me around, woman” Adrian took her phone from her hand.

“Adrian, give it back” Geet reached for her phone, he held it high. He was tall so her attempts to retrieve her phone was futile.

His phone rang and he smiled widely handing it back to Geet.

He pulled out his phone, his smile falling and he looked at Geet who smirked.

“Your number is private” he stated.

“Uh huh” Geet nodded, “Now if you would like a second date, you can drop me an email and I’ll think about it” she turned unlocking the front door.

Adrian held onto her elbow swiftly turning her to face him, she was taken by surprise when he pressed his lips against hers. After stealing a kiss from her, he stepped back and smiled innocently.

“I said I wouldn’t sleep with you on our first date, I didn’t say I wouldn’t steal a kiss”.

Geet opened her mouth to say something but was dumbfounded, she snapped her mouth closed rolling her eyes. She didn’t mind the kiss though, the fine man can kiss!

“Bye Pearson, I’ll email you about our second date” Adrian waved and walked down the path leaving her on the doorstep to watch as he left.

Geet returned inside and headed to her apartment smiling inwardly as she thought of her date, it was certainly different from the others she’s gone on. She’s been to movies, restaurants, but never a theme park for her first date.

Maan rummaged through his wardrobe for a shirt when his hand brushed against the plastic covering. He swallowed thickly knowing what he had touched, he shifted some hangers over baring the plastic cover and felt a twinge within. His uniform covered protectively.

His eyes drew to the national emblem that decorated his uniform. The feelings he had felt that day when he’d completed 6 years and promoted to Major were indescribable.

He clenched his jaw as he stared blankly, he curled his fist by his sides as he thought over what he had lost. It didn’t hurt that he was scarred and disabled, if given a chance he would run towards the base if they took him back instantly.

He closed his eyes breathing in sharply and exhaling deeply, this isn’t the life he wanted.

He wanted to be back at the base, he wanted to train, he wanted to fill in the void that had taken over his mind, his heart. Had he deserved this?

He slammed the wardrobe door closed swiftly hurting his hand in the process and tearing his stretched skin, that didn’t hurt. The feeling of losing his world made him fall onto his knees and cry. He had worked hard, he progressed more than many of the men who he had trained with, then had it been stolen from his hands just when things were going so well.

“Maan” Rajeev who’d been passing by noticed his son on his knees. “Maan” he rushed over to his side concerned, he winced seeing Maan’s skin torn slightly at the stretched scarred skin and bleeding. “What have you done?” Rajeev cradled his son’s cheek. “Maan… speak to me”.

“I lost everything, I lost everything” Maan whispered keeping his eyes lowered onto the ground. “I lost everything…” he pressed his face into the hollow of Rajeev’s neck sobbing.

Chapter 45

Gaurav stared from the door way as Geet called from one side of the new office giving instructions to her team whilst she stood on a step ladder fixing up the bookshelves.

He recalled Maan’s confession to him and looked at the woman his grandson liked, he shuddered inwardly remembering when he’d heard Maan’s sobs from outside the room whilst Rajeev had tried to console him.

Geet climbed down the step ladder smiling in relief, the bookshelves were stable and all done, she rested her hand on her hips taking in the whole bookshelf ensuring everything looked perfect. Pleased with the completion of the ceiling to floor bookshelf, she turned around and noticed Gaurav Khurana stood by the door way.

“Mr Khurana” she approached him looking curiously, “Did you want me?” she questioned.

Yes, I wanted you for my grandson Gaurav thought inwardly but kept himself in check offering a smile. “I was just checking in, it looks great so far” he looked around.

“Thank you” Geet replied admiring the office in the works, she couldn’t wait to see how the room comes out. She had to get it right on point with the designs that she’d had approved by Maan, and that’s what made this job challenging. Nothing should steer away from the client approved design. Geet excused herself as her phone rang, she moved away but clearly not far enough as Gaurav could hear her one sided conversation.

“Aryan, what are you calling me for? You know that I’m at a client’s house” Geet stated.

“I wouldn’t have called had it not been important” Aryan answered, “Kartik and I are at a client’s house, we’d finished quoting for her but she wants a discount. Kartik opened his mouth to sweet talk her into signing on with us, he fed her too much sugar coated bullshit”.

“What sort of discount?”

“She wants a quarter cut off from the payment”

“Give him the phone” Geet replied.

Kartik shook his head vehemently determined not to answer, Aryan grabbed onto his shoulder holding him in place and pressed the phone to his ear. “He’s listening, Geet” Aryan informed when Kartik refused to speak.

“This is your call kid. You can take on this pretty woman that you sweet talked as your project, you do that she gets the discount and the discounted money comes out of your pay check at the end of this project” Geet stated, “Or you cut her loose, forget and start over. Next time, just don’t sweet talk them so much that they’re bursting”.

Kartik considered his options, he’ll lose a portion of his money but that would also mean she’s going to be his very first project that’s all his. Or he cuts her loose, finds another client and is able to stay in Geet’s good books. “I’ll keep her on” he answered.

“You don’t care about the loss you’re making?” Geet questioned.

“Of course I care” Kartik replied, “However, this opportunity wouldn’t come again. you’ve just said this pretty woman would be mine” he chuckled.

“Fine, as you wish. Give her the discount, the money is coming out of your pocket when it comes to the end. Aryan will show you how to open your account up with the suppliers and how to get the client on board with our terms and conditions” Geet explained.

“Okay, thanks” he responded, and she cut the call bidding bye.

Maan entered heading towards the office seeing his grandfather stood there, as he neared Geet walked over towards Gaurav.

“Your grandson has gotten himself his first project” Geet informed unaware that Gaurav had listened to her side of the conversation.

“That’s great” Gaurav smiled.

Maan stopped besides Gaurav, “Dadima is looking for you, mama has prepared your meal”.

“I’d better go” Gaurav looked between his grandson and Geet then walked away.

Maan turned to Geet after Gaurav had walked away, he cleared his throat trying to come out with the words his mother had asked of him. “Um… My mother is asking what would you like for dinner?”

“She’s cooking again for everyone?” Geet arched her brows.

“You’ve all been working since lunch and have not yet taken a break” he replied.

Geet looked curiously wondering how he’d known because he wasn’t even here.

“Cameras are installed everywhere” Maan pointed around to a couple of point around the outhouse. “The screens are always on”.

Geet nodded pondering out of curiousity as to why they’d have the need of cameras in the an empty outhouse that is just being worked on, even before them why would they have cameras in it as she was told before no one lived here.

“About dinner…”

“Nothing for me, thank you” Geet replied, “I’ve got dinner plans already made”.

“Okay” Maan nodded, “Is everything nearly done in the office?” he questioned.

“Not everything, the bookshelves corner is finished. As you can see it’s from ceiling to floor, this space is where the step ladder will be should you want a book from the top shelf” she pointed and unwillingly her eyes fell towards his leg and cane.

It had not gone unnoticed by Maan. He shifted uncomfortably, discomfort visible, his cheeks heated and he stepped back.

F*ck Geet caught on what she had just done unwillingly, she looked at him absolutely mortified and apologetically. “I’m so sorry, I…”

“It’s okay” Maan cleared his throat averting her eyes. “I’ve got to return back to my office, I’ve left some pending works…” he murmured an excuse and walked out of there as fast as his legs would take him.

F*ck sakes Geet pinched the bridge of her nose sighing heavily. She hadn’t known what even made her eyeing his legs curiously when she mentioned climbing the stepladder.

She shook her head stepping into the office telling Adhira she was heading off and grabbed her handbag and jacket. She climbed into her car and drove away though what just occurred didn’t leave her mind.

Geet Aged 22

“I’m breaking up with you” Adrian announced.

“Of course, you are” Geet walked past him window shopping as she sipped on her espresso.

“Hey Pearson! I said I’m breaking up with you” Adrian held onto her elbow.

“You’re not getting my mobile number” Geet replied.

“We’ve been exchanging emails for the last 2 months” he reminded, “At least now I deserve your phone number”.

“I’ll think about it” Geet responded.

“You’re angry at me for your birthday, aren’t you? You’ve still got that birthday grudge?” Adrian arched his brows.

“Finally catching on genius” Geet mockingly clapped.

“C’mon, what could I do? She just joined our dinner table” Adrian looked at her pouting his lips hoping to melt his girlfriend.

“Could you not explain that you’re celebrating your girlfriend’s birthday?”

“She just wanted a picture and she’s a fan. I couldn’t break her heart… Wait, girlfriend? No more acquaintances dating and getting to know each other?” he grinned.

“She’s an 18year old, she would’ve survived. You’re back to an acquaintance”.

“You said girlfriend” Adrian laughed wrapping his arm around Geet’s shoulder pulling her close to his side. “I like that”.

“Good for you” Geet rolled her eyes.

“I think I more than like you” Adrian pressed his lips against her cheek whispering the words softly. Geet felt her heart accelerate with his words, she tightened her fingers around her espresso cup, she slowly turned her head tilting her head up at him.

Adrian smiled widely lowering his head and pressed a kiss to her temple, she turned and burrowed herself into his arms letting him envelope her.

“You’re off the hook” she pulled back after a while, “But no more fans crashing when we’re spending time together” she told him.

“As you wish, Pearson. Your wish is my command”.

Maan stared at the blank screen in his office whilst he thought of the curious look he had received from the woman he was attracted to.

She was probably wondering how he was going to even climb up the step ladder, and he embarrassed himself and cowered away quickly. She had just finished fixing a bookshelf into place and he… he’d cowered as soon as she glanced at his legs curiously.

The past week had been hectic, Geet had been coming around for the last two days, usually after a day there’s a break for two-three days before she returns to work on the office. Whilst she’d been coming, he was held up in his office. His team were requiring his assistance following the murders of 3 women who were seemingly left for dead after a ritualistic incident – this case had him working at all different times and he had not been able to check the outhouse. He only managed today to check up, however that was cut short following his cowardice behaviour.

“Tell me, why do you feel you’ve lost everything Maan?” Shirley had asked after he’d confessed breaking down in Rajeev’s arms.

“Haven’t I?”

“You’re only 26 years old, you’ve got the world ahead of you” Shirley replied.

“I’ve seen some parts of the world that someone my age shouldn’t have ever looked, I’ve lived more than many others my same age. The world I knew once is what I’ve lost” he muttered.

“Last session you mentioned you got captaincy at only 21 years old…” Shirley prompted.

He recalled the feeling of accomplishment, when he had become captain he felt the rush of adrenaline pumping through his entire body, his body buzzed the entire day.

“I also mentioned losing a friend” he reminded.

Shirley nodded, “How old were you then?”

“That mission was shortly after becoming captain” he responded, his eyes closed as he recalled his friend dying in his arms and the cries of his friend’s widow.

His fingers clasped the arm of the chair.

“Maan, are you okay?” Shirley looked concerned.

“I… I can’t do this today” he stood abruptly, his knee buckled and he only managed to hold himself up when he grabbed onto the chair and swiped his cane from the side.

He brushed his hair back feeling frustrated.

“Inhale deeply for me” Shirley prompted calmly. “Just inhale, don’t think about anything”

Maan did as she asked blocking everything from his mind.

“Good… now exhale…”

After he calmed down, he looked at her gratefully. “Thanks”

“Now would you like to continue?” she questioned.

“I’d like to call it a day, please” he responded.

“Okay, fine. Next session we’re going to talk” she stated. 

He inhaled closing his eyes, counting to ten and exhaled. He blocked everything from his mind right now, he wasn’t going to think of the embarrassing the incident.

He didn’t know how he was even going to gather courage to look back into the striking blue eyes of Geet Pearson. He wondered what she must’ve thought of him, he knew she was sincere in her apology when she realised how curious she looked.

How did she continue to look at him without flinching? He thought, he knew what his face looked like, his scarred skin drew the attention of onlookers and often made them steal glances, some flinched, some had looked on in disgust and others of pity.

She seemed neutral though curious, he’d take their curiousity over the looks of pity he receives whenever he brings up the courage to go out of his comfort zone.

Edited by NerdyBirdy - 4 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

sanum23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7

Awesome 

Maan grandfather want answer and he didn't deny about his liking Geet but his grandfather feel guilty to rejecting hr without meeting hr hiswife not liking her and Maan listen their discussions on Geet 

Maan met Geet and he just lost in hr Geet caught him staring at hr his mom brought bf and Geet team without hesitation having it Geet make excuses bz she not liking Indian food bz of it's oily

NeenaDd thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Commented on blog for all parts...

priyankadwivedi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Nice updates.... Maan is attracted towards geet but his disability is hindering n here geet one glance towards his leg destroyed a little hope too...  May be his grandpa can do something...

sanum23 thumbnail
Geet date they enjoyed a lot in park they have many rides and basketball was gud in past she was happy Maan was shattering again seeing his uniform it's too painful he need someone in his life soon to make him out of this depression
aparna3011 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

part 43,44,45

maan share his liking for geet with his grandfather  daadi is still not in good thinking about geet maan feels embress with geet's curious looks

sanum23 thumbnail

Maan gathered him self and went to OH where his grandfather was standing with Geet and she telling about kartik got project 

Maan asked about food his mom is so sweet she's ready to cook fr them Maan told hr about cameras 

Geet showing bookshelves and when she mention about ladders she looked at his leg  she don't want to embarrass him but he left hope Geet try to talked to him 

Creampuff thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Triple thank you 🙏 🙏🙏for triple updates!!!

Chapter 43

I liked how Maan admitted to his grandfather that he liked geet even though it was with a head nod. I admire their grandfather/ grandson relationship where they are so open with each other like good friends. 

It was funny when Maan was caught admiring geet, geet is still clueless about maan’s feelings, hoping she catches on quick in order for any progression in their relationship. Maan is very insecure and there doesn’t seem like there will be any advancements there. 

Flashback of geet’s ex was nice. So Adrian Lewis a 24yr old model broke her heart?? 

Was he younger than her?? 

Rushing to read next part. 

Creampuff thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter 44 

Awesome update! 

I thought it would be a Manmeet date but you gave me false hopes. 😢

However I liked reading about geet’s past, her previous relationship hurt her & even though Maan has physical & emotional scars , it seems like geet has emotional scars as well. 

Maan’s breakdown after seeing his uniform was painful. Cannot imagine what he went through. He definitely needs someone strong & loving & fun to help him bounce back......, geet?? 

Your giving us insight into their past gives us better understanding to their present personalities . 

Thank you!