Beauty & the Beast||Thread 2||Final note page 97||Chapt 59 page 92|| - Page 36

Posted: 4 years ago

CHapter 45

Geet is definitely hardworking & professional. Her doing manual labor when she has other employees who could do that. 

Awkward situation when geet glances at maan’s leg. Geet is curious & Maan is embarrassed. 

Kartik has his first project at discounted price due to his flirting 😂.

I wish geet would at least agree to have dinner with the Khurana ‘s or at least an actual conversation with Maan b/c once this project is done they will not have any excuses to meet. Their relationship is progressing at a snail’s pace 🐌🐌🐌🐌. At this rate they will be eighty before their first date!! 🤣

Thank you for triple updates 

Eagerly waiting for next update 

This is beautiful. I think this incident will make Geet to start thinking about Maan more.

hopefully they both will come out soon and go on their first date.

Chapter 46 

“Our tickets have come” Aryan called out waving the tickets around grinning widely.

Kartik looked up from his desk curiously noticing how his colleagues stood and gathered around Aryan and gushing as they eyed their tickets.

Seeing everyone’s excitement, he joined them. “What are the tickets for?” he questioned.

“See for yourself” Aryan smiled handing him a ticket.

Kartik looked at his ticket frowning, “Family ticket – International Design Awards..” he read and stared at Aryan.

“Clearly, he hasn’t done enough homework before applying” Shaira laughed noting his confused expression.

“Okay, you know how a lot of industries have awards shows? Like Bollywood, Hollywood, authors and whatever else…?” Adhira started.

“Yes” Kartik nodded in acknowledgement.

“Like that, there is awards for Design” Aryan continued, “We all receive tickets, we’re able to take our families and attend”.

“Have any of you won any?” he inquired.

“Only twice. There are two main lists, one for Designer of the Year and another list of Emerging Designer of the Year” Adhira explained. Each list has 5 categories”

“Architecture of the Year, Fashion Design of the Year, Graphic Design of the Year, Interior Design of the Year, Product Design of the Year” Zarina rattled off.

“Same set of categories for both lists?” Kartik questioned.

“Yes, there are always new businesses opening. They wouldn’t be able to compete with the leading businesses hence one list of Emerging Designer of the Year” Shibhani responded.

“It takes place in Los Angeles as well” Aryan grinned widely.

“Oh…” Kartik looked down at the ticket. He pondered over how he was going to convince his family of going, he’d never left the city let alone the country. He already knew his father wouldn’t be able to attend due to the work at his office, his grandfather might attend with his grandmother, his mother may even join, his brother however probably wouldn’t.

“So, make sure your passport is ready and tickets will be provided by Geet. She gets them at discounted prices plus it’s paid for by the office” Zarina informed.

“Does everyone attend from here?”

“Who wouldn’t attend?” Aryan chuckled, “Free trip to LA, hotel and food paid for”.

Kartik nodded thoughtfully staring down at his ticket.

Maan stared at the open doorway, he pondered whether he could take a step forward. He wanted to turn around and leave. He tightened his fingers around his cane clenching his jaw.

“I want you to attend”

“I’m not attending this” he refused.

“Do you want to get better?” Shirley questioned. “Would you like to join the army again?”

Of course, he wanted to get better and he wanted to get back into the army, even if it was just administrative duties for the deployment department. He forced himself to take another step forward. One more step he repeated inwardly. He paused outside for a brief moment, and before he could turn and run the other way he entered. There were a couple of people dotted around, some helping themselves to a hot drink and snack.

“Good evening everyone! Would you like to grab your hot drinks and take a seat” A man in his early forties strode into the room smiling at everyone. “I’m Vihaan Nanda” he introduced himself.

Maan walked over grabbing himself a bottle of water and took a seat in one the chairs, all the chairs were placed to make a circle and Vihaan Nanda stood in the middle looking around.

“As you all know these meetings are anonymous, you don’t need to give your name. You will have to adhere and respect the wishes of your members who wish to remain anonymous. Anyone found disrespecting anyone, or breaking private and confidentially will find themselves in a lot of trouble” he started then smiled, “Now who would like to start?”

“He’s hot” Tara muttered as she looked back at Adrian conversing with their father and Sean.

Geet smiled glancing up and staring where her boyfriend stood with her father.

“Here, your stuffed chicken is done” Marissa passed Geet the plate.

“Thanks, mum” Geet dug into her meal, “So, do you think dad likes him?” she looked at her mother for her response.

“He seems nice” Marissa replied, “You didn’t exactly prepare us to meet your boyfriend, you could’ve given some sort of warning that you were bringing him as your date to the wedding”.

“You know I wouldn’t introduce someone I know you wouldn’t like” Geet laughed. “Plus dad would’ve had an opinion already about him”

“Your father wasn’t wrong about Logan” Marissa reminded.

“Well, I was 19 then and thought he was going to be the love of my life” Geet mocked.

“You even started picking out what wedding dress you wanted to wear” Tara reminded. “And you weren’t even dating for more than a month” she laughed.

Geet rolled her eyes and smiled as Sean stepped inside.

“Does dad like him?” she questioned before he could say anything.

“I don’t know” Sean shrugged, “your dad doesn’t like me half the time”

“Shut up, you’re worrying me now” Geet frowned.

“You’re not exactly worried enough seeing as you’re still eating” Sean mockingly answered.

“Why the f*ck are you marrying him?” Geet looked at her sister then turned to her mother, “I’m not breaking up with Adrian even if dad doesn’t like him” she stated.

“Well, it’s a good thing I do then” Suneel appeared with Adrian beside his side.

Geet smiled widely feeling elated that her parents liked her boyfriend.

“How does that make you feel, Apurva?” Vihaan Nanda questioned the client who had expressed her deepest feelings.

“How do you think? Because of some lab mix up, my rapist had walked free. He left me hog tied naked to be found by my parents” she sniffed biting down on her lips. “I feel as if I can’t even face my parents anymore” she sighed, “I was made to feel dirty, I feel ashamed, lost, I want to push myself out of this but I get pulled back into the darkness with those eyes coming back to haunt me whilst I try to sleep”.

Maan had listened to some of the clients as they shared stories about themselves, expressing their deep darkest secrets. None of them looked at one another with judgemental eyes, they all rather showed concern and offered reassurances rather than pitying the victimised clients.

Vihaan shared a few wise words to the group which uplifted Apurva for now, then turned to the other clients, “Who’d like to go next?”

“I’ll go” the client besides Maan called out. “Hi, I’m Ishita” she smiled hesitantly.

“Hi Ishita” the group of clients greeted.

“2 years ago, I was attacked by just a stranger. He threw acid over my leg” she nervously brushed her hands over her covered right leg. “Earlier this year, he was sentenced to 7 years” she continued. “I wondered for the last 2 years, just why had he chosen me. Why was it that he decide to throw it on me, but even until this date he never answered why he randomly chose me to throw acid on…” she counted mentally as she held onto her strength to continue forward.

“How do people just attack random people? Don’t they have a conscience? Feelings?” Ishita mumbled. “I might never get my answer as to why he chose me, and I will never forget this incident however I will continue moving forward because over the past year I learned one thing” she looked up and around at the group, “that is to never give up. There’s b*stards who ruin our lives but there are also people like my husband who looked past my physical imperfections and accepted me, supported me, encouraged me and motivated me. I realised the people I’d closed myself off from are the ones who I should be turning to”.

Maan listened as she continued, his thoughts drawing to his previous methods of coping. He had closed himself off, he’d pulled away from expressing himself. He had changed completely and had allowed his enemies to win, they weren’t suffering, they aren’t mourning and dying, it was him. He was suffering silently and he’d allowed it to happen.

However, will he allow himself to turn towards his family and express his hidden pain?

Some of the members here were brave, some moved on and some are still trying to keep their heads above.

Kartik smiled and ate his dinner quietly which arouses suspicions to his grandfather’s sharp eyes.

“Why are you so quiet? You don’t stop talking sometimes” Gaurav quizzed. The rest of the family looked up at Kartik curiously.

“Do you all mind?” Kartik shifted in his chair.

“What’s on your mind, son?” Rajeev asked.

Kartik wondered whether he should tell them about the awards thing, it seemed like a good time so he answered his father, “There is an award show for design, and Geet’s firm provide the tickets, food and hotel stay for the staff members” he looked around. “It’s in LA”.

“You’re not going” Savitri spoke up first.

“Dadima…” Kartik whined, usually it’s easy to coax his grandfather and Dad if they refuse but to coax his stubborn grandmother is a major task.

“You’ve never left the city alone, what makes you think I’m going to allow anyone to say yes”.

“I’m not going alone, I’m able to take my family members but you’ll have to pay for yourselves” he explained. “So, I would like it if you come” he looked at his family.

Gaurav considered it and replied, “We’ll all go, it’s a great opportunity for you and I’m sure everyone would join to support you” he looked at his wife teasingly. She rolled her eyes and nodded seeing Kartik making a pathetically sad face.

“Bro…” Kartik looked at Maan hopefully.

“I…I’ll think about it” he murmured averting his eyes from his brother’s. He wanted to be there for his young brother, he wanted to encourage and support him but going to an awards ceremony where there would be loads of people… Their eyes, their pitying stares, their physical flinch, their tense body besides his would claw at him. He wouldn’t be able to bear it, he feared he’d embarrass Kartik if he so happens to have a panic attack in the large crowd.

“When is your next show?” Geet questioned as she settled on the garden hammock watching Adrian swim.

“3 weeks time” he answered, “So after the wedding, I’ll be heading to London” he informed. “What about you?”

“I’ve taken 3 weeks annual leave so I can catch up with my family before I have to head back to Dubai” she responded.

“Still enjoying flying? Haven’t you been to all the countries yet?” He climbed out of the swimming pool wrapping a towel around himself uncaring that his shorts were now soaking the towel.

“There’s a lot of this world to see” Geet replied smiling widely, “I’m loving loving my job even though I hate Helen, my line manager”.

Adrian stopped near the hammock pressing his hand to the tree and lowering his head, “Shall we go out for dinner?”

“Do you always think about food?” she asked.

“I’m starving”

“I thought being a model meant keeping fit”.

“Aren’t I fit?”

“I didn’t say that” Geet chuckled reaching up and brushing her fingers across his stubbled jaw. “But you’re too much of a foodie, how do you eat all that fatty crap”

“It’s called proper desi food. You should try it eating normally”

“Whatever” Geet rolled her eyes. “I don’t feel like going out, why don’t we just order in? I’ll get that grilled chicken and vegetable meal deal”.

“As you wish” he agreed, “Film?”

“As long as it’s nothing stupid and unrealistic” she smiled.

“Okay, I’ll just get changed. Menu is in the kitchen drawer, why don’t you place the order and choose a film” he suggested helping her down the hammock and they both walked inside his house going in two different directions.

Edited by NerdyBirdy - 4 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Superb update

I think maan will slowly slowly open up after he came to know how many people suffer without their faluts still they fight and move on thier life with head high 

I hope he should go to la for award fashion 

Amazing, lovely n wonderful updates

Geet is a hardworking lady who wants everything perfect

Hope Maan will open up after hearing other peoples story

Chapter 46

Very busy update

More of geet’s flashbacks of her ex. Boy she was head over heels in love with him. I don’t think she has fully gotten over their break up. 

Karthik convincing his family to come to LA for awards ceremony was cute. I am hoping that he will be able to convince maan as well. 

I am glad Shirley was able to convince maan to attend the support meetings. I think him hearing about other people’s grief & will power to overcome their circumstances will enable him to take another step forward in his life. Especially if he can share his pain with his family. 

Thanks for update. 

I am interested in quicker updates on messenger & Wordpress. Please count me in. 🙂

42-45

just came back from vacation and noticed so many updates. Thank you

Wow maan admits he liked geet yay. Grandparents made such a bad decision grr. But even now SD has old values about tattoos and age. But others have come around. Love maan and Gaurav relationship 

aww geet caught maan staring and he ran away when geet looked at his leg and apologies sincerely. He would rather take her curiosity than pity. Will she finally start thinking about him. Hope. Right now he is just another client 

getting to know if geets past Adrian. Hmm

Awesome update!!!

Kartik might actually be the reason for maan and geet to meet in a different environment.. hope maan decides to go!!!

Maan has taken a brave step and went on a group therapy, it will be good for him listening to similar stories and mostly on ways they deal with it. Maan was a strong person and he needs to find a way out of his fear.

The parts of geets past with adrian is a little confusing. They show how perfect that relationship of geet was and obviously it didn't work out. Iam curious to see where you are taking this!!!

I won't lie, i want more!!!

So glad maan went for the meeting. Maybe just maybe he might start opening up to his family

Eager to know what happened between Adrian and geet to make them separate. Not complaining but.  

So glad Gaurav accepted Karthik invitation to travel. 
for a family being forward it is surprising that Karthik has not traveled much