A dream they all believed in

nakhre_wali thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm a couple of eps behind I think, but I just really feel like squeeing so please excuse me  😆 (and if I get any names wrong please correct me too)
Absolutely loved the post-Peshwa moments we've been getting:
  • Shahuji Maharaj declaring that he was convinced long back and the test was only for the purposes of proving to everyone else that Bajirao was the right man for the Peshwa job 
  • Bajirao's quiet sense of accomplishment and the way he countered his thwarted elderly rival's snide commentary about his ability to do the job... especially that line about a doctor's medicine and a critic's words are a man's best well-wisher so he will drink the guy's critiques like a bitter medicine... like wow yaar who writes these lines 👏
  • Bajirao and Chinmaji's conversation where he cut his own hand and his brother's hand with a sword and his brother didn't even flinch and Baji asked him why and his brother said it was because he had full faith that Baji would not misuse his trust...and the way Baji conveyed to him that him achieving this post was not his achievement alone but both of theirs... in fact the entire family's for they had lived this dream together. Baji asking his brother to stand with him as an equal and look to the internal affairs while he dealt with external enemies. The hug and their friend joining the hug. Awww! 
  •  The brothers arriving at home. Bihu bai's sense of pride was palpable - she I guess has seen them and her father and their family doing so much to get to this point and for the cause of swaraj so it meant a lot to her on that level. Kashi was also proud because it's something Bajirao has been working towards so intently... but you could sense that she doesn't yet comprehend the gravity of the post and it's full meaning yet like the rest of Bajirao's family does.
  • Bajirao taking Radhabai's aashirwaad and the hug! Her head tilt when she first heard the news and now as she saw him... as though she was sharing this proud moment with her departed husband with whom she had worked so hard to groom their son for this moment
  • And that final moment when Bajirao held court as Peshwa with his mother sitting on the rooftop... magnificent moment!