Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vishnu21 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Don't know why is this topic here in PPK forum passing one sided judgment? There is no one barometer of "nuance" that everybody has to follow. The lead FC's facial expressions of being inherently a carefree teenager will not be possible by a Gulal type of actress.
Rainbow29 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vishnu21

Don't know why is this topic here in PPK forum passing one sided judgment? There is no one barometer of "nuance" that everybody has to follow. The lead FC's facial expressions of being inherently a carefree teenager will not be possible by a Gulal type of actress.

no baba, not passing judgement. I watch pehredaar piya ki myself and it started off well..but many here feel the same that its now sort of weakening. Not talking about character/actor as to who can play what but about the quality of the story. 

Take for instance the scene (or whole episode) where diya being the sole owner of whole damn property, is shown going through every single box of grain and making notes. Just makes things look quite silly. Plus just 4-5 characters planning and plotting makes story kind of monotonous. Heck one servant alone is eating up all the episodes while diya goes around all dumbfounded as to what happened and from where. It's lacking depth and that's what we are pointing at.
Vishnu21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rainbow29

no baba, not passing judgement. I watch pehredaar piya ki myself and it started off well..but many here feel the same that its now sort of weakening. Not talking about character/actor as to who can play what but about the quality of the story. 

Take for instance the scene (or whole episode) where diya being the sole owner of whole damn property, is shown going through every single box of grain and making notes. Just makes things look quite silly. Plus just 4-5 characters planning and plotting makes story kind of monotonous. Heck one servant alone is eating up all the episodes while diya goes around all dumbfounded as to what happened and from where. It's lacking depth and that's what we are pointing at.

That's just part what it takes to address a wide spectrum audience. I have learned to mute useless scenes. I just want to see how the protagonists relate to each other and so far, it's been nice, speaking for myself that it. I took half a look at one Gulal episode and instantly found it was not my cup of tea. Too many layers to peel, too many shades of grey, thanks but my take on things are a bit on the simpler side.

BTW, "baba" is not an honorable exclamation these days !!! ðŸ˜†
Edited by Vishnu21 - 6 years ago
Rainbow29 thumbnail

That's just part what it takes to address a wide spectrum audience. I have learned to mute useless scenes. I just want to see how the protagonists relate to each other and so far, it's been nice, speaking for myself that it. I took half a look at one Gulal episode and instantly found it was not my cup of tea. Too many layers to peel, too many shades of grey, thanks but my take on things are a bit on the simpler side.

BTW, "baba" is not an honorable exclamation these days !!! ðŸ˜†

oh is it? Sorry, don't really keep up with jargon..internet or otherwise ðŸ˜†

True, gulaal was very dense..layers and layers of emotions brought out with simplicity, honesty, maturity and in a tasteful way. Most importantly, the story had a defined flow. Not like episodes and episodes of some servant jumping from somewhere and stealing phone, locking doors etc. ðŸ˜†

I am trying to deploy the same formula as of now with pehredaar piya ki...I try to watch diya-ratan scenes and ignore the rest but than these scenes seem inconsistent too. One minute they are all sweet and next minute she out of the blue shouts at ratan for no reason. Maybe creatives are confused now about how to project their equation after all the hue and cry that was made about show promoting 'pedophilia' 
Neerjalaher thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: manzilmukul

The show was not only aesthetically a masterpiece but was superbly layered too. Siddharth Sengupta was one fabulous director. Who could forget Piyu Mharii. In fact you will be shocked to know that one of my friends, when she interviewed Manasi ,she said that Gulaals realisation of love was during that meri pareshani tu hai scene. 

Oh God, fond memories are swamping me. I wish we could create a thread maybe in chat club and discuss Gulaals if anyone is interested.

So true Piu, those beautiful memories are embedded in our minds. Gulaal was a brilliant masterpiece. Superbly layered is the phrase I was looking for, the subtle nuances gave new dimensions every time you watched the show. Beauty of good storytelling is that it never fades. I was drawn to PPK because of my love for Gulaal. Sad to say I could not connect. 

..Khushi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Hz6i5P3CQ[/YOUTUBE]

This 
..Khushi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Neerjalaher

Cannot download ðŸ˜­

Try now

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdJDxBr1DKw[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by ..Khushi.. - 6 years ago
Vishnu21 thumbnail

oh is it? Sorry, don't really keep up with jargon..internet or otherwise ðŸ˜†

True, gulaal was very dense..layers and layers of emotions brought out with simplicity, honesty, maturity and in a tasteful way. Most importantly, the story had a defined flow. Not like episodes and episodes of some servant jumping from somewhere and stealing phone, locking doors etc. ðŸ˜†

I am trying to deploy the same formula as of now with pehredaar piya ki...I try to watch diya-ratan scenes and ignore the rest but than these scenes seem inconsistent too. One minute they are all sweet and next minute she out of the blue shouts at ratan for no reason. Maybe creatives are confused now about how to project their equation after all the hue and cry that was made about show promoting 'pedophilia' 

I see you are the originator of this thread so I think it would be safe to reply to you ðŸ˜› As for "baba", I think you just have to apprise yourself with the "current state of affairs" !!! ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

I don't know why I can't seem to develop taste for stories which show non-linear relationships. I like "fairy tales". There should be something immutable present. IMHO, it is easy to dismiss child psychology as being "simple" (not simplistic), but I think from a child's perspective it would be full of intricate meaning. I _think_ I can empathize with what kids might feel. I dunno may be that's why I am attracted to PPK. Sounds kind of stupid. lol ðŸ˜›.

Yep I also think the PPK team seems to have run out of ideas. This Jhumki is taking too much screen time. "Pedophilia" - kind of having an overdose of this word for a while. I guess they could show both of them sleeping separately, that would be a clear hint of them wanting to make some change in the wake of the controversy, hasn't happened till now. Just my POV.

I'll end my babble here and leave you to discuss Gulal with other forum member. Pardon my unsolicited interjection. I just felt I could provide a different perspective on PPK when it is being mentioned here.
Rainbow29 thumbnail

I see you are the originator of this thread so I think it would be safe to reply to you ðŸ˜› As for "baba", I think you just have to apprise yourself with the "current state of affairs" !!! ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

I don't know why I can't seem to develop taste for stories which show non-linear relationships. I like "fairy tales". There should be something immutable present. IMHO, it is easy to dismiss child psychology as being "simple" (not simplistic), but I think from a child's perspective it would be full of intricate meaning. I _think_ I can empathize with what kids might feel. I dunno may be that's why I am attracted to PPK. Sounds kind of stupid. lol ðŸ˜›.

Yep I also think the PPK team seems to have run out of ideas. This Jhumki is taking too much screen time. "Pedophilia" - kind of having an overdose of this word for a while. I guess they could show both of them sleeping separately, that would be a clear hint of them wanting to make some change in the wake of the controversy, hasn't happened till now. Just my POV.

I'll end my babble here and leave you to discuss Gulal with other forum member. Pardon my unsolicited interjection. I just felt I could provide a different perspective on PPK when it is being mentioned here.

It's an open forum and everyone can express their opinion so you may interject.

I do enjoy fairytales..Gulaal was a fairytale in many ways. Tale about friendship, love and destiny. That's why when I first saw the first promo of PPK, I got really excited. If only they had stayed true to their initial vision for this show, maybe it would have turned out beautifully. During Gulaal days, many people were against its story too but the creatives of that show stayed true to their initial idea and vision and ended up painting a beautiful art. In case of PPK though, it somehow looks like the creatives have scummed to the pressure and are making major changes and in turn ruining the 'fairytale' aspect ..or they already have messed that aspect.

Vishnu21 thumbnail

It's an open forum and everyone can express their opinion so you may interject.

I do enjoy fairytales..Gulaal was a fairytale in many ways. Tale about friendship, love and destiny. That's why when I first saw the first promo of PPK, I got really excited. If only they had stayed true to their initial vision for this show, maybe it would have turned out beautifully. During Gulaal days, many people were against its story too but the creatives of that show stayed true to their initial idea and vision and ended up painting a beautiful art. In case of PPK though, it somehow looks like the creatives have scummed to the pressure and are making major changes and in turn ruining the 'fairytale' aspect ..or they already have messed that aspect.

It's not on air today, though available on sonyliv. I was telling the supporters, build pressure, but no - everybody wants to have a good time, but nobody wants to invest. The naysayers will rejoice now.