Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poppinss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Lennie

I remember Gulaal, that show was more about quality then quantity, it was very well done and even the actors. 

Hiii Lennie... had recently started watching Gulaal and am sooo darned addicted to the show that I am watching and rewatching it!!   And have stalked the forum enough and cant but  rave about the kind of writing that Jayzee, Reemz, you and quite a few others have written!!  Have so many questions about the charecters but no where to discuss.  I am like Kesar right now 😆😆

That forum is locked now... but saw your name and wanted to thank you for those beautiful write ups!!  

PPK... had high expectations from this show... but after Gulaal its tough to watch any ITV shows.  The CVs and the actors had really set the standards very high!

Sad that Hotstar has not kept Gulaal in its digital platform.  

Folks who are reading this post... could you please send a mail to Hotstar and ask them to upload Gulaal online?  Have been doing it for some time but guess the task needs numbers.

Edited by poppinss - 6 years ago
Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Lennie

I remember Gulaal, that show was more about quality then quantity, it was very well done and even the actors. 

Here we meet again after 6 long years. The show Gulaal was like magic Lenn.🤗 Just can't believe that so many years have passed. I still miss your posts. BTW I have another lovely show to recommend. Yeh Moh Moh k dhagey on Sony Tv. Sadly, like Gulaal, it met a brutal end but it touched my heart after 6 long years.
Lubb 
Piu
Transference thumbnail

Originally posted by: poppinss

Hiii Lennie... had recently started watching Gulaal and am sooo darned addicted to the show that I am watching and rewatching it!!   And have stalked the forum enough and cant but  rave about the kind of writing that Jayzee, Reemz, you and quite a few others have written!!  Have so many questions about the charecters but no where to discuss.  I am like Kesar right now 😆😆

That forum is locked now... but saw your name and wanted to thank you for those beautiful write ups!!  

PPK... had high expectations from this show... but after Gulaal its tough to watch any ITV shows.  The CVs and the actors had really set the standards very high!

Sad that Hotstar has not kept Gulaal in its digital platform.  

Folks who are reading this post... could you please send a mail to Hotstar and ask them to upload Gulaal online?  Have been doing it for some time but guess the task needs numbers.

Have been emailing like crazy but they budge. We have a huge fan following on Gulaal . We do regular mail too. Kesar was a gem. Each episode was like magic. Layered! One of the best DOP ever. 1st show to be shot on HD cameras.
Rainbow29 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: manzilmukul

Have been emailing like crazy but they budge. We have a huge fan following on Gulaal . We do regular mail too. Kesar was a gem. Each episode was like magic. Layered! One of the best DOP ever. 1st show to be shot on HD cameras.

Even I have written many times to star plus team asking them to upload Gulaal. These silly people have some lame shows on hotstar but a masterpiece like Gulaal is not uploaded. Not to forget, the show had SUPERB cinematography... like poerty in motion with beautiful Rajasthan as backdrop. 

I myself watched Gulaal only recently...interestingly, I came across 'Pehredaar Piya Ki' promo for the first time just around the time when I finished watching Gulaal. So the moment I saw the promo I couldnt help drawing parallels with Gulaal. Though, I admit that this show has a long long LONG way to go before it reaches anywhere close to Gulaal - in terms of standard and quality. Plus character wise too..even though Gulaal was the same age as Diya, she was one heck of an intelligent, smart and very strong woman yet very realistic. I wish I was a part of that forum when show was on air. Have so many stuffs to ask and discuss about. Remember this? It's on my list of faves 

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Hz6i5P3CQ[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by Rainbow29 - 6 years ago
Transference thumbnail
The show was not only aesthetically a masterpiece but was superbly layered too. Siddharth Sengupta was one fabulous director. Who could forget Piyu Mharii. In fact you will be shocked to know that one of my friends, when she interviewed Manasi ,she said that Gulaals realisation of love was during that meri pareshani tu hai scene. 
Oh God, fond memories are swamping me. I wish we could create a thread maybe in chat club and discuss Gulaals if anyone is interested.
Rainbow29 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: manzilmukul

The show was not only aesthetically a masterpiece but was superbly layered too. Siddharth Sengupta was one fabulous director. Who could forget Piyu Mharii. In fact you will be shocked to know that one of my friends, when she interviewed Manasi ,she said that Gulaals realisation of love was during that meri pareshani tu hai scene. 

Oh God, fond memories are swamping me. I wish we could create a thread maybe in chat club and discuss Gulaals if anyone is interested.

I was kind of taken aback when had I read that...yeah, I literally browsed through all the pages of Gulaal forum to read through all the discussions 😆

Honestly, after reading that comment I watched and re-watched pareshaani scene and it did come across that Gulaal got carried away in his eyes when Kesar asked those questions..even though for nanoseconds.. but she did. Am all for discussing this show be it anywhere. I even kept wondering if the dance and celebration at the end happened after GulSar got married. Truly, all the characters had many shades...Neil did complete justice as Kesar ❤️

Edited by Rainbow29 - 6 years ago
Transference thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rainbow29

I was kind of taken aback when had I read that...yeah, I literally browsed through all the pages of Gulaal forum to read through all the discussions 😆

Honestly, after reading that comment I watched and re-watched pareshaani scene and it did come across that Gulaal got carried away in his eyes when Kesar asked those questions..even though for nanoseconds.. but she did. Am all for discussing this show be it anywhere. I even kept wondering if the dance and celebration at the end happened after GulSar got married. Truly, all the characters had many shades...Neil did complete justice as Kesar ❤️

Oh you did. You must have seen how crazy we Ws are lol. Met Neil long back. Such a dedicated actor he is. The chemistry was intense. Even without trip and fall scenes and shoving the heroine against the wall ! What a classic gem. Let me open a thread in Chat club and put the links so that like minded people can join in.
Transference thumbnail
Here it goes.
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4889889#p143682596

You all can hop on. I will put my two cents too.
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
I watched Gulal , specially after Gulal's wedding to her first husband till it's last epi . It was a masterpiece , a class apart show . Comparing Gulal to this shit show is an insult to that great show . First of all , the actors in Gulal specially the FL was much much better than Teju ( though Teju is not bad , but nuanced acting is definitely not her cup of tea ) . But most importantly , the treatment of the bold and different topic was very well done in Gulal , but here it is exactly likea 2 rs trp drama . 👎🏼 
I started watching this show with a lot of hope & despite the horrible first epi , continued watching hoping it will improve ! But I was badly disappointed . 😒
..Khushi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I am a huge fan of Gulaal. What a beautiful show it was. I watch PKP on and off and yea, it still has a long way to go in terms of quality. Gulaal as a character was very real, deep, upright and strong. And her ability to find water in Desert..those lines ''ajeeb sa karishma payal me uski chupa, jis jagah chanak gayi wahi se jal nikal gaya'' that bit was a very very interesting angle to the story.
Coming on to PKP, initial episodes were tight in terms of picturisation and sceenplay but it's gotten loose now.. I don't know what lies ahead.