Posted: 6 years ago
Anybody in this forum who used to watch Star Plus show called 'Gulaal'?

That show is a masterpiece..very well written and executed. The bond between Kesar & Gulaal was the highlight and all in all it was one beautiful show.

Me...totally agree with you...gulaal show is a masterpiece...i hope PPK ke ki storyline bhi itni acche se execute ho like gulaal...Gulaal me topic aur point alag tha uske Diyarwattu PE base storyline thi par couple me itna hi age difference tha jitna PPk me hai...jo log rote rahete hai PPK PE unhone shayad Gulaal nahi dekha hai...aagr dekha hota to story Ko samjate bechare SaaS bahu hi dekh sakta hai kyunki Gulaal aur PPk jese drama dekhne ke liye open mind chahiye...illegal hai vese nara lagane ke liye nahi ye darama bahot sari illegal chize hoti hai India me so kya aankh bandh karne se Vo bandh nahi Jo jayegi...Gulaal me bhi jiss tarah se kesar aur gulaal ka bond dikhaya tha it's just awesome I m expect ke PPk ke maker bhi itna accha bond Diya and Ratan ka dikhaye...Gulaal me jiss tarah se struggle dikhaye thi kesar and Gulaal ke relation me I hope le PPk ke maker bhi itne acche se story Ko handle Kate as of now I m happy with PPKEdited by kasaf - 6 years ago
Originally posted by kasaf

Me...totally agree with you...gulaal show is a masterpiece...i hope PPK ke ki storyline bhi itni acche se execute ho like gulaal...Gulaal me topic aur point alag tha uske Diyarwattu PE base storyline thi par couple me itna hi age difference tha jitna PPk me hai...jo log rote rahete hai PPK PE unhone shayad Gulaal nahi dekha hai...aagr dekha hota to story Ko samjate bechare SaaS bahu hi dekh sakta hai kyunki Gulaal aur PPk jese drama dekhne ke liye open mind chahiye...illegal hai vese nara lagane ke liye nahi ye darama bahot sari illegal chize hoti hai India me so kya aankh bandh karne se Vo bandh nahi Jo jayegi...Gulaal me bhi jiss tarah se kesar aur gulaal ka bond dikhaya tha it's just awesome I m expect ke PPk ke maker bhi itna accha bond Diya and Ratan ka dikhaye...Gulaal me jiss tarah se struggle dikhaye thi kesar and Gulaal ke relation me I hope le PPk ke maker bhi itne acche se story Ko handle Kate as of now I m happy with PPK

I know right! No over the top melodrama, just honest deep bonding between Kesar and Gulaal. It was handled in a sincere way. I don't know what's in store for PPK but it'll be great if creatives manage in showing such deep, honest and sincere love and bonding between Ratan and Diya.
Gulaal was a masterpiece and the actors were awesome too... The way the concept was introduced there was much diff and in a mature way than here.

Hopefully we will have a talented person playing grow up ratan.. probably Neil Bhatt can b repeated.
din't watch gulaal but heard abt it
like rahil azam
hope they will make ppk also in such way
I was thinking about Gulaal today whilst watching PPK , hoping this show gives us in future the same beautiful bond between the couple ..obviously at the moment it can only be cute n caring but when he grows up into a young man would love to see what we saw in Gulaal
I've watched Gulaal. It was a great show. My mother also used to watch it & like it.
Neil, Manasi to Rahil. Kesar & Gulaal's bonding was great. 
Originally posted by kasaf

Me...totally agree with you...gulaal show is a masterpiece...i hope PPK ke ki storyline bhi itni acche se execute ho like gulaal...Gulaal me topic aur point alag tha uske Diyarwattu PE base storyline thi par couple me itna hi age difference tha jitna PPk me hai...jo log rote rahete hai PPK PE unhone shayad Gulaal nahi dekha hai...aagr dekha hota to story Ko samjate bechare SaaS bahu hi dekh sakta hai kyunki Gulaal aur PPk jese drama dekhne ke liye open mind chahiye...illegal hai vese nara lagane ke liye nahi ye darama bahot sari illegal chize hoti hai India me so kya aankh bandh karne se Vo bandh nahi Jo jayegi...Gulaal me bhi jiss tarah se kesar aur gulaal ka bond dikhaya tha it's just awesome I m expect ke PPk ke maker bhi itna accha bond Diya and Ratan ka dikhaye...Gulaal me jiss tarah se struggle dikhaye thi kesar and Gulaal ke relation me I hope le PPk ke maker bhi itne acche se story Ko handle Kate as of now I m happy with PPK

Actually you are wrong about the people disliking the show having not watched gulaal. I don't like this show, but I was a loyal viewer of gulaal and adored it, especially because the theme of a child being married to someone a lot older was shown much differently and tastefully there, because kesar actually acted like a child and saw gulal as his bhabhi as well as friend and not his wife like ratan does in this show. 

The story was so beautifully shown in gulaal, that I still wish I could go back and re-watch all the episodes from when vasant died and onwards. I understood why the diyarwattu tradition was used to protect women who were widowed from being ostracized from society like some sections of society do, but the brother she was being forced to marry was the murderer of her husband, so she chose to do the diyarwattu with the young kesar out of compulsion, only to make a promise to get him married to someone else when he grows older. Gulal and little kesar's relationship after their marriage was so much more different than diya and ratan's, mostly because kesar actually acted his age and didn't treat gulal the way ratan does. 

I agree with you in hoping that PPK makers take note of gulaal and the execution of its story. 
Edited by sammy17 - 6 years ago
Originally posted by sammy17

Actually you are wrong about the people disliking the show having not watched gulaal. I don't like this show, but I was a loyal viewer of gulaal and adored it, especially because the theme of a child being married to someone a lot older was shown much differently and tastefully there, because kesar actually acted like a child and saw gulal as his bhabhi as well as friend and not his wife like ratan does in this show. 

The story was so beautifully shown in gulaal, that I still wish I could go back and re-watch all the episodes from when vasant died and onwards. I understood why the diyarwattu tradition was used to protect women who were widowed from being ostracized from society like some sections of society do, but the brother she was being forced to marry was the murderer of her husband, so she chose to do the diyarwattu with the young kesar out of compulsion, only to make a promise to get him married to someone else when he grows older. Gulal and little kesar's relationship after their marriage was so much more different than diya and ratan's, mostly because kesar actually acted his age and didn't treat gulal the way ratan does. 

I agree with you in hoping that PPK makers take note of gulaal and the execution of its story. 
din't seen gulaal but know its story and like song piyu mhari as watched vm of shanak/rbo on the song. about diyarwatu has same kind of tradtion in punjab chhaddar odhana. film came on same staring rishi kapur and hema malini 'ek chaddar maili si'

about ratan not behaving like kesar coz he had seen and spend time with gulaal as his bhabi when vasant was alive. so he couldn't behave like her husband as ratan do. where as ratan has wish to marry his pari diya so he consider her as his wife and want to fulfil his duty like support n taking care as his father does to his mom.
This show is noGulaal.  That wasa  class apart.  What actors and  what  chemistry.A  very believable story  and the romance would turn so hot with just  some basic eyelocks!
This one is  going theTRp  route 😔  and  iit's high  on pomp and show but poor in content.