A Sin to Forgive????

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
Hola PBians πŸ€— 
Wanted to share my thoughts on yesterday's episode. It was a power packed episode and loved Manish, Karan and Rajeshwari πŸ‘ They stole the show for me. The main point I wanted to discuss was if Baji forgiving Balaji justified and if he did why was it considered a betrayal?

Balaji had certainly committed a sin by betraying a woman's trust and breaking her heart. But did that one act of weakness take away all the good aspects from his life? It is not possible for Radha to forgive him coz it's not right to ever expect a woman to share her husband with another woman. But as a father and as a warrior he devoted his entire life. How does forgiving Balaji mean betraying Radhabai? It was Bajairao's right to choose whether he wanted to forgive his father or not. Why should this be treated as an act against his mother? While on deathbed even an enemy is forgiven. As a lover/wife Radha could not forgive Balaji and rightly so. But as a son and student, Bajirao sought to repay his father by forgiving him. What was so wrong about it? Why was it even debated in the Peshwa household? Having said this, I would like to point out that caring for Balaji's illegitimate children and accepting them into the household are two different things. It is OK for Bajirao to make a promise to take care of them but accepting them into the household should have been Radha's choice. If Radha doesn't accept them neither will the rest of the family. This would make matters worse for Bhikaji and his brother. But yes they are not at fault for Balaji's mistake and they should not suffer humiliation either. But rather than begging for their rights on deathbed, Balaji should have made this attempt much before.

And then comes the scene where Kashi confronts Baji. The foundation has already been set 😳 Kashi is now shown as an insecure woman who is already screaming foul against a sautan who is yet to make her entry πŸ˜• And what's with showing Kashi as a clingy wife? It sounded like she passed a judgement that he has no choice but to be with her. I know when he eventually falls for Mastani most of us will hate him but here they are already setting a foundation to show Kashi as an obsessed wife. "Aap humse prem kare ya na kare vishwasghat mat ki jiyega. Aap hamare ho ya na ho kisi aur ke mat ho jayega!" Was this really needed now? Why was she acting like a silly child demanding Baji's justification for forgiving Balaji? It was obvious to anyone why he did what he did. If I have to choose between the movie wala Bajirao or the TV show wala, I will happily choose the former. Yes he was not ashamed of loving Mastani or accepting her before the world but he felt guilty for breaking Kashi's heart and trust. It was there in his eyes. He may have loved Mastani but never for once did he disregard Kashi. Here I doubt if he will ever apologise to Kashi when he breaks her heart. He might even go on to tell Radha that he never chose Kashi for himself and as such he doesn't care what she feels about him being with Mastani. Or worse these guys will show Kashi as an evil woman scheming against the innocent righteous Mastani 😳 Baji's faith in love is shaken by his father's betrayal and not even his devoted wife can change that. How come Mastani will renew that for him? πŸ˜• 

I always thought the makers of the show visit IF to know how the viewers feel about the show but that doesn't seem to be the case here. If it was then they would know most of us are unhappy with this track πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ Please do share your thoughts guys 😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

harshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
m sure kashi will b turned into evil wife and will b scheming against mastani...i did tght of pasting d link of one of threads frm d forum to d wrter rathr tweet her d link so dt she knws d truth dt none of us r happy wid dis so soon entry of mastani distorting d history.. but dn aftr i saw all d tweets where none had critcism bt ppl had all d praises fr her and were also hailing mastani being d best choice or her entry was fab etc...dis really irked me so much dt i droppd d idea of tweeting her d linkπŸ˜†but trust me i guess only we at IF r venting out d anger fr such pathetic track but on twitter or fb none seem to share such criticismsπŸ˜•nywys i dint watch d epi cumpletely...thou in bits in peices but yeah i did happen to watch kashi baji scene and found it odd...wen kashi talkd abt betrayal and all...πŸ˜•
mybro_2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
After death of father, wife starts fighting with him ... what was that .. I record the episord and watch .. so I fwd mastani part ... seriosly can't relate with her. 
BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: harshu27

m sure kashi will b turned into evil wife and will b scheming against mastani...i did tght of pasting d link of one of threads frm d forum to d wrter rathr tweet her d link so dt she knws d truth dt none of us r happy wid dis so soon entry of mastani distorting d history.. but dn aftr i saw all d tweets where none had critcism bt ppl had all d praises fr her and were also hailing mastani being d best choice or her entry was fab etc...dis really irked me so much dt i droppd d idea of tweeting her d linkπŸ˜†but trust me i guess only we at IF r venting out d anger fr such pathetic track but on twitter or fb none seem to share such criticismsπŸ˜•nywys i dint watch d epi cumpletely...thou in bits in peices but yeah i did happen to watch kashi baji scene and found it odd...wen kashi talkd abt betrayal and all...πŸ˜•

Huh? People are happy with this track? πŸ˜• I don't have a problem with Megha playing Mastani but her entry at this point in time is what majority of the viewers are upset about. I checked Youtube also and many seem to dislike Mastani. Am surprised that on FB and Twitter fans are happy with this track. All I can say is that the makers are butchering Kashi to highlight Mastani and her epic love with Baji 🀒 I thought since they showed a cute chemistry between them in the pre leap track they will at least give us a glimpse into their happy married life but NO. Their marriage could be non existent for all Baji cares. If majority of the viewers are liking this crap then makers will continue with it. I will give it a pass after few episodes or watch it on n off like u.
BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: mybro_2004

After death of father, wife starts fighting with him ... what was that .. I record the episord and watch .. so I fwd mastani part ... seriosly can't relate with her. 

That was not needed at all. Makers forcefully added that scene to showcase Kashi in a negative light and justify her actions against Mastani in the future πŸ˜‘
zaniax thumbnail
Makers sole purpose is to justify Bajirao-Mastani's love story for which they'll show Kashi and others in a negative light. I do understand Kashi's insecurities however the timing to voice them was wrong. Btw did anyone notice tht both Bajirao and Mastani took difficult decisions for their parents well being? (Another deliberate move by CV's) 😑
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
One of the things that upset me about this show is the way they introduced Mastani too early, and spoilt Kashi's role. Kashi was said to be a strong, kind-hearted woman, who was as pati vrata as one can be. She accepted Mastani, and silently suffered. 
I am pretty sure they will turn Kashi into an angry, bitter wife, who is insecure and hates Mastani, resulting in Bajirao hating her πŸ€’
prettypri thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeyondHorizon

Hola PBians πŸ€— 

Wanted to share my thoughts on yesterday's episode. It was a power packed episode and loved Manish, Karan and Rajeshwari πŸ‘ They stole the show for me. The main point I wanted to discuss was if Baji forgiving Balaji justified and if he did why was it considered a betrayal?

Balaji had certainly committed a sin by betraying a woman's trust and breaking her heart. But did that one act of weakness take away all the good aspects from his life? It is not possible for Radha to forgive him coz it's not right to ever expect a woman to share her husband with another woman. But as a father and as a warrior he devoted his entire life. How does forgiving Balaji mean betraying Radhabai? It was Bajairao's right to choose whether he wanted to forgive his father or not. Why should this be treated as an act against his mother? While on deathbed even an enemy is forgiven. As a lover/wife Radha could not forgive Balaji and rightly so. But as a son and student, Bajirao sought to repay his father by forgiving him. What was so wrong about it? Why was it even debated in the Peshwa household? Having said this, I would like to point out that caring for Balaji's illegitimate children and accepting them into the household are two different things. It is OK for Bajirao to make a promise to take care of them but accepting them into the household should have been Radha's choice. If Radha doesn't accept them neither will the rest of the family. This would make matters worse for Bhikaji and his brother. But yes they are not at fault for Balaji's mistake and they should not suffer humiliation either. But rather than begging for their rights on deathbed, Balaji should have made this attempt much before.

And then comes the scene where Kashi confronts Baji. The foundation has already been set 😳 Kashi is now shown as an insecure woman who is already screaming foul against a sautan who is yet to make her entry πŸ˜• And what's with showing Kashi as a clingy wife? It sounded like she passed a judgement that he has no choice but to be with her. I know when he eventually falls for Mastani most of us will hate him but here they are already setting a foundation to show Kashi as an obsessed wife. "Aap humse prem kare ya na kare vishwasghat mat ki jiyega. Aap hamare ho ya na ho kisi aur ke mat ho jayega!" Was this really needed now? Why was she acting like a silly child demanding Baji's justification for forgiving Balaji? It was obvious to anyone why he did what he did. If I have to choose between the movie wala Bajirao or the TV show wala, I will happily choose the former. Yes he was not ashamed of loving Mastani or accepting her before the world but he felt guilty for breaking Kashi's heart and trust. It was there in his eyes. He may have loved Mastani but never for once did he disregard Kashi. Here I doubt if he will ever apologise to Kashi when he breaks her heart. He might even go on to tell Radha that he never chose Kashi for himself and as such he doesn't care what she feels about him being with Mastani. Or worse these guys will show Kashi as an evil woman scheming against the innocent righteous Mastani 😳 Baji's faith in love is shaken by his father's betrayal and not even his devoted wife can change that. How come Mastani will renew that for him? πŸ˜• 

I always thought the makers of the show visit IF to know how the viewers feel about the show but that doesn't seem to be the case here. If it was then they would know most of us are unhappy with this track πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ Please do share your thoughts guys 😊

Good points!
I think the rest saw it as a choice between the mother and the father.. Clearly the father was wrong irrespective of his many virtues. Baji himself said his faith in relationships was gone.
But he forgave him as he was on his deathbed.
The rest didn't have to make that dreadful decision.. Because they were not called upon to do it.
As for Kashi, she looked so ignored and neglected at this crucial time in the household.. How many ever attempts she made to share the pain, she was rebuffed!
She was so sure that he would not be able to forgive that she over thought his reasons!
I think she was hurt that she couldn't read him at all.
But those dialigs of hers about betrayal went on too long.. She didn't get an answer to her questions so she concluded angrily that he was ok with what his father did!
What I don't like is that they seem to be suggesting that Baji is on the same wavelength as Mastani... They are similar, they feel and like same things, there is at least one scene where Mastani slow walks with seeming dignity in every episode etc!
It is unfair to do this as justification for what is to come!
Historically Mastani was married to his sword as a symbolic gesture and whether Baji loved her as shown in the movie itself is debatable!
Here he is so indifferent to his wife whom he has known for so long.. How will mastani suddenly heal him?
Whatever their intention, the affair can never be anything else!
Kashi shouldn't be vilified.. One who waits for any scrap of news about him wouldn't be as insensitive as she was shown yesterday.
They should take more care for sure!
prettypri thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Also, I think one point jarred about the whole forgiveness scene..Baji declaring that he will accept the other lady as his mother and give her that position!
That was a little too much even for the situation!
Being responsible for the other family is one thing but this seemed like acceptance of the wrong itself.
I thought that triggered Kashi's response more than anything else!
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nice post, although I will respectfully disagree. πŸ˜Š
First point - Why is Bajirao forgiving Balaji equivalant to betraying Radha Bai?

Ok, this might be a little complicated or out of place for a normal person and most would resonate with Baji and Anu Bai's view here. But take it from someone who has seen similar betrayal in her own family, when a woman's husband cheats on her, especially in the Indian society, it is not just painful but also extremely insulting. Although it is the man who cheats, the woman feels more shame.

In such a scenario, that 'shamed' and hurt woman clings on to the very first person who is closest to her - and in most cases, it is her children. When husband betrays, the child is all that is left to stay in the marriage for. In this whole incident, the wronged and isolated wife generally becomes possessive of her children and if not so, then atleast expects her children to stand up against their father, if need be. The last thing she wants is for her own offsprings to be compassionate towards the betrayal, the other woman or the love-child born from this affair.

I am not married myself, but I have seen someone very closely. So I feel Radha Bai's reaction was valid an d realistic, if not righteous. Ofcourse, there are some woman who can show a lot of large-heartedness, and accept the children of the sautan. But such women are rare. In most cases, women behave the way Radha Bai and Kashi did in yesterday's episode. So for that I will say, kudos to the CVs.

Now, one might say, in THAT era, women never opposed to such affairs. But if we judge the emotions of a human, keeping aside the age or era for a moment, then yes, Bajirao forgiving and accepting Balaji's mistress is extremely hurtful and insulting to Radha Bai. 😭I hope I could explain why...😊

Second - Why did Kashi behave like that?

The only issue I found with the scene was the timing. It is not appropriate for a daughter-in-law to argue on such matters when her FIL has just died. 

But apart from the timing, her words touched the right chord for me. Yes, Kashi was insecure. But honestly, I found nothing wrong with that. Kashi is far from being butchered yet.

Perhaps Kashi said those words, bcoz somewhere in her subconscious mind, she has understood that if Bajirao can condone his father's adultery and accept his mistress with an open mind, then he himself will not hesitate to do the same thing later on. That is why, she requests him not to betray her ever. 

So, I found nothing particularly clingy or villanous about Kashi here. She is a human and has her own insecurities. The only thing that was wrong was the timing. And ofcourse, in those days, I doubt a wife could have spoken so assertively to her husband. But nonetheless, her insecurity was valid.

Ofcourse Bajirao has his own reasons to forgive his father, and he is not wrong from his perspective. But neither are Radha Bai and Kashi, if one steps into their shoes.

Rest, I agree...😊
Edited by amritat - 6 years ago