Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dhruvie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: mainkaun

I understand it is fresh look and not old style show, but they should stick to the truth.. such as..
- Mandodari & Sulochana was always against war
- Sulochana never went to fight against Laxman
- Ram did not have chariot untill last day...

so tru....

I think the director worships Ravan...tryn to prove him all good and stuff...

nancyred thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i reaally dont like this one....
it makes me more confused rather then clearing
the doubts that i have 😭
Edited by nancyred - 17 years ago
snowflake0555 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
well according to me, Ravan's sister didn't go to start a war there....wasn't she trying to get married...first she was trying to "flirt" with Ram, but then she figured he was already married so he got mad and tried to do something bad to Sita, so Lakshman cut her nose off....then she returned again with some others to fight, but then Ram & Lakshman killed all the bad guys, so Ravan's sister complained to Ravan, and so then he decided to kidnap Sita

and yea they r stretching the truth becuz Ram did not have the chariot when he came to war, he got it from another god on the last day of the war...and also when Ram aimed at Ravan, he didnt die until all his 9 heads were cut off....he kept coming back alive, so he didnt just die within one arrow....

well all in all, from the original Ramayan version, this is a little different... 😕
Darshils thumbnail
hahahah... this is getting out of hands now... when did Lachiman sit in Raavan's charan to learn yudh and raajniti.. I know, i this Raavan lol.. firstly, lachiman already learnt yudh/raaj niti with his own guru (Vasisth) and secondly, if i have Ram as my brother, why would i ask Raavan of yudh/raaj niti (plus the raajniti that raavan will teach lachiman is not compatible with maryada pushottam's (Ram's) !!!) Other points:
1. Ram did not shoot a brahmastra to kill raavan
2. Lachiman will never be scared "Raam anarth ho jayge"- if u don't believe me, read ramcharimanas and learn lachiman's character
3. Muni Agastya wasn't in Lanka with Ram.. he had better things to do
4. Raavan only said Ram after he was shot the 31st arrow (20 cut his arms, 10 his head, and 1 in the naval)
Let me repeat again, I am not dissing anyone and perhaps yeah, the director is showing his view... but to show Raavan's satya it is not at all right to show the not true asatya in Ram or in the katha itself... Just to give the serial a flow.. u cannot include a part in which raavan speaks his story to guess who... LACHIMAN.. hahaha.. anyones.. i have served food on my plate

NB. some people mite be thinking why do i watch Raavan if a only have to complain. I have 2 points... It is my responsibility as a ramkatha preacher (kathakar) to remove any doubts and flases.. secondly, i have actually like raavan very much (although have not found any point i didn't know in this raavan yet) but am looking forward to learn something new, full of truth abt raavan. In this forum i am only placing constructive crticism.. and not the good points abt it i have in mind.

ll RAM ll
amba3393 thumbnail

I understand it is fresh look and not old style show, but they should stick to the truth.. such as..
- Mandodari & Sulochana was always against war
- Sulochana never went to fight against Laxman
- Ram did not have chariot untill last day...

that is true..but i dont know why they do want to change the story

mainkaun thumbnail
On 12/24 they showed that the saint was already married and he is thinking to marry Kekasi because
Arya supposed to fullfill everyones wishes eventhough they are not good and reasonable. Isnt that little too much, shouldnt he accept that he likes her and thats why he wants to marry her.
Manojie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Darshils

hahahah... this is getting out of hands now... when did Lachiman sit in Raavan's charan to learn yudh and raajniti.. I know, i this Raavan lol.. firstly, lachiman already learnt yudh/raaj niti with his own guru (Vasisth) and secondly, if i have Ram as my brother, why would i ask Raavan of yudh/raaj niti (plus the raajniti that raavan will teach lachiman is not compatible with maryada pushottam's (Ram's) !!!) Other points:
1. Ram did not shoot a brahmastra to kill raavan
2. Lachiman will never be scared "Raam anarth ho jayge"- if u don't believe me, read ramcharimanas and learn lachiman's character
3. Muni Agastya wasn't in Lanka with Ram.. he had better things to do
4. Raavan only said Ram after he was shot the 31st arrow (20 cut his arms, 10 his head, and 1 in the naval)
Let me repeat again, I am not dissing anyone and perhaps yeah, the director is showing his view... but to show Raavan's satya it is not at all right to show the not true asatya in Ram or in the katha itself... Just to give the serial a flow.. u cannot include a part in which raavan speaks his story to guess who... LACHIMAN.. hahaha.. anyones.. i have served food on my plate

NB. some people mite be thinking why do i watch Raavan if a only have to complain. I have 2 points... It is my responsibility as a ramkatha preacher (kathakar) to remove any doubts and flases.. secondly, i have actually like raavan very much (although have not found any point i didn't know in this raavan yet) but am looking forward to learn something new, full of truth abt raavan. In this forum i am only placing constructive crticism.. and not the good points abt it i have in mind.

ll RAM ll

Really? I always thought Ram used the Bhramastra to weaken Ravan, before killing him with the final arrow in his belly.

Manojie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

On 12/24 they showed that the saint was already married and he is thinking to marry Kekasi because
Arya supposed to fullfill everyones wishes eventhough they are not good and reasonable. Isnt that little too much, shouldnt he accept that he likes her and thats why he wants to marry her.

No, Arya didn't like her, I don't think, because what happened was, Kuber beat Sumali in a fight over Lanka, Arya was Kuber's father so he wanted revenge on him and he knew that Arya will father two demons, so he sent Kekasi to Arya to get revenge, she went with her face veiled, and asked him to grant her whatever she wants, he agreed, then she asked for marriage...

Also people saying Ravan is a mahatma, he is NOT, Jay/Vijay may be, but they were cursed to be demons are you going to say that Hiranyask, Hiranyaskipu, Ravan, Kumbhkaran, Shishupal and Kans were all great just because they were mahatmas before?

ukrn thumbnail
Rama used brahmastra to kill ravan. In Valmiki's story that was the end of Ravan. Anyway this story is from a different point of view and entertaining. It's worth enjoying without going into its authenticity
mainkaun thumbnail
Ram was always against using bramastra. He only used once, aftre doing prayer at Rameswar, the ocen did not give him the way so he used bramastra but that too was used to create mountain with medicin and kill demons.

Ravan had amrit in his naval by blessing of lord and in order to kill him Ram had to shoot him in his naval, did not use bramastra at all.