Posted: 6 years ago
What happened is he ok ?? I read he is working with Saif Ali Khan ??? Is that the bad news πŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Originally posted by: OJ6.0

What happened is he ok ?? I read he is working with Saif Ali Khan ??? Is that the bad news πŸ˜†

Even worse!

The usual suspects are solely blaming him for the Tubelight fiasco

Originally posted by: flameofdarkness

Even worse!

The fault is 2 fold . Him for making a bad movie and Salman for trusting him πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: OJ6.0

The fault is 2 fold . Him for making a bad movie and Salman for trusting him πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

πŸ˜•

And what about hiring bad actors?

Edited by flameofdarkness - 6 years ago
Karenina thumbnail

Even worse!

To play the devil's advocate, isn't the director to be blamed? Kabir is known as the man who gave Salman an image makeover. Bajrangi is right up there as one of the milestone movies of Salman's career. But with Tubelight, he decided to make a thematic sequel to Bajrangi - all of this, whilst remaking a commercial and critical failure.

Wouldn't you blame the director-writer here?
pallavi25 thumbnail

Even worse!

Naach na jaaney aangan tedha

Sallu could not enact that role, how is that Kabir's fault? πŸ˜•

Typical of them to throw Kabir under the bus after he gave Sallu his biggest blockbuster 

A better actor would have carried out the director's vision more successfully. 
pallavi25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kareenafanatic

To play the devil's advocate, isn't the director to be blamed? Kabir is known as the man who gave Salman an image makeover. Bajrangi is right up there as one of the milestone movies of Salman's career. But with Tubelight, he decided to make a thematic sequel to Bajrangi - all of this, whilst remaking a commercial and critical failure.

Then why wasnt Anurag Kashyap blamed for BV? 

Why wasnt Vishal Bhardwaj blamed for Rangoon?

Why wasnt Maneesh Sharma blamed for Fan? 

In each case, the director's handling of the subject matter was faulty, yet the actors were blamed for the flops
springkissed thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: pallavi25

In each case, the director's handling of the subject matter was faulty, yet the actors were blamed for the flops

DItto. If people want to blame the director-writer in this case (for the most part, it is their fault), then be consistent about blaming the director-writer in EVERY failure, instead of picking and choosing who to blame according to one's favorites. 
Karenina thumbnail

Originally posted by: pallavi25

Now, why would I be responsible for what everyone thinks? People also blamed Salman for Jai Ho or SRK for Ra One. But that doesn't mean, they were right. It's just that the Khans have more authority.

About BV, I'm pretty sure I criticized Anurag Kashyap. He made that movie to show people what filmmaking is and that's what happens when you're arrogant. In fact, that whole Phantom gang, I don't like anyone of them because of their holier-than-thou attitude when it comes to filmmaking.

In the case of Rangoon, most people blamed Kangana because of how she was going on and on about being an artiste, being some sort of a leader in feminist filmmaking, etc. That's not what I said. That's more or less what she's been saying. So, yeah, it was a case of a loud-mouth getting her tails burnt. That doesn't mean VB wasn't to be blamed. He was. It was his vision.

As for Fan, I've stated countless times that the movie went to ruins in the 2nd half. SRK as Gaurav was fab; it's still his best performance this decade, but what the heck was that second half? It's totally the director's fault. But as a SRK fan, you have ask where his judgment is these days because unlike Salman, SRK is a lot smarter.

So, actors' make decisions when signing a movie. Once the movie is in the production phase, it's the director's call unless the actor is overpowering like Aamir is (and he's usually good at it). Salman's fault is that he can't differentiate between a good script and a bad one - when it comes to meaningful cinema. I don't know how he stumbled upon Bajrangi. When it's masala or action, or comedy, he's okay with his choices. Not when it's artistic cinema.

Regardless, that's not the point I was making. My post wasn't about who was bashing who. It was asking the OP about Kabir's position in this debacle.

Originally posted by: Kareenafanatic

But didn't the same director also give him the biggest blockbuster(BB) of his career along with ETT? So yes, I do find it a little unfair that the usual suspects are throwing Kabir under the bus instead of showing gratitude. 

So yeah...I would blame Kabir but only for making the grave mistake of hiring a terrible actor to enact the challenging role of a man-child with special needs.

Perhaps a more capable actor with fantastic acting chops could've elevated the material but alas!

Edited by flameofdarkness - 6 years ago