Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
I think even if we fail to attend the funeral if we love that person then we will pray for that person in our hearts with genuine feelings...after all what matters is your genuine feelings 

Originally posted by: .rasgulla.

It is perfectly normal.. Just like it is also normal at not attending a funeral because you had to be somewhere else and could not get out of it
The only thing I am trying to say is that we are quick to pass judgments when the truth is that none of us know how many of them had a genuine reason to not be there and how many were there just for the heck of it.. Sentiments can often not be gauged by presence alone

Its sometimes(actually most of the times) not realizing the importance of it...I personally did not attend my own MOST beloved granny's funeral because I was that day was my so called graduation ceremony......But now whenever I think of it, I feel so disgusted about myself for not being able to make the right decision...

Again, its nobody's business though to ask why so and so did not attend for this is an entirely a personal thing...Its really weird to call out on someone like this on a public platform..😕

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Its sometimes(actually most of the times) not realizing the importance of it...I personally did not attend my own MOST beloved granny's funeral because I was that day was my so called graduation ceremony......But now whenever I think of it, I feel so disgusted about myself for not being able to make the right decision...

Again, its nobody's business though to ask why so and so did not attend for this is an entirely a personal thing...Its really weird to call out on someone like this on a public platform..😕

The whole point I was trying to make actually

As for missing on your granny's funeral, Pray for her.. That would assuage your guilt and would also make a difference
serendipity_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Playing devil's advocate here, but say one of the outsider young-gen stars was able to attend the funeral, but chose not too because he/she thought it might be awkward.. that could happen too right? Not all of the younger lot would know Vinod Khanna, or be close enough to his family to attend his last rites. 
 I haven't been in this situation but if I wasn't close to the person, I would probably not attend the funeral as that's more of a personal space, where people who genuinely loved him should be IMO. I would have called or texted or something... I have anxiety issues so that might be a factor but just saying.
Edited by serendipity_10 - 7 years ago

The whole point I was trying to make actually

As for missing on your granny's funeral, Pray for her.. That would assuage your guilt and would also make a difference

That I do, but not being able to see her the last time just can never replace my personal loss...Its entirely my loss, one of the things I have to live with! 

It is perfectly normal.. Just like it is also normal at not attending a funeral because you had to be somewhere else and could not get out of it
The only thing I am trying to say is that we are quick to pass judgments when the truth is that none of us know how many of them had a genuine reason to not be there and how many were there just for the heck of it.. Sentiments can often not be gauged by presence alone

pretty sure all of BW stars were keeping themselves free today considering Bahubali premiere was gonna happen. and considering it's KJO and a huge film, all the young guns would've shown up to get a piece of the media-bytes pie. 

then, there are media articles that film shootings were cancelled after hearing the news.

fact is, the young brigade will do lip-service and praise masturbate the stars for goodwill. but, it's a bloody farce (including ranbir no doubt). 

@bold: does it really matter? the khanna family is probably not thinking about the genuineness of the sentiments of the people who came. The fact that people take time out is in itself a sign of respect. the young gun could be thinking "arrey mera white Balmain shirt kharab ho gaya" but for the khannas, they are just emotionally content with fact that there are people offering shoulders to cry on.
Edited by AsYouWishNot - 7 years ago

Originally posted by: serendipity_10

Playing devil's advocate here, but say one of the outsider young-gen stars was able to attend the funeral, but chose not too because he/she thought it might be awkward.. that could happen too right? Not all of the younger lot would know Vinod Khanna, or be close enough to his family to attend his last rites. 

I haven't been in this situation but if I wasn't close to the person, I would probably not attend the funeral as that's more of a personal space, where people who genuinely loved him should be IMO. I would have called or texted or something... I have anxiety issues so that might be a factor but just saying.

It only applies to the happy occasions...I was told, one can even attend unknown people's funerals...But being in the same industry, they all don't have to know each other on the first name basis to at least go pay the last respects to someone...
serendipity_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It only applies to the happy occasions...I was told, one can even attend unknown people's funerals...But being in the same industry, they all don't have to know each other on the first name basis to at least go pay the last respects to someone...

Hmm.. true. 
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail

Are women allowed to attend the funerals?

I was watching it live on news channels..saroj khan, mrs.ramesh sippy,rhea pillai,dia mirza,ayesha shroff,VK's first wife(entered with son akshay) and some other ladies were there too..
Edited by MinzPie - 7 years ago
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: AsYouWishNot

pretty sure all of BW stars were keeping themselves free today considering Bahubali premiere was gonna happen. and considering it's KJO and a huge film, all the young guns would've shown up to get a piece of the media-bytes pie. 

then, there are media articles that film shootings were cancelled after hearing the news.

fact is, the young brigade will do lip-service and praise masturbate the stars for goodwill. but, it's a bloody farce (including ranbir no doubt). 

@bold: does it really matter? the khanna family is probably not thinking about the genuineness of the sentiments of the people who came. The fact that people take time out is in itself a sign of respect. the young gun could be thinking "arrey mera white Balmain shirt kharab ho gaya" but for the khannas, they are just emotionally content with fact that there are people offering shoulders to cry on.

You might be sure.. I am not.. I don't believe in judging people without knowing facts
As for what the Khanna family thinks.  I assure you when a loved one dies, the last thing on your mind is who attended the funeral at that moment.,. such things come later.. At the funeral, all you can think about is your loss.. who came and who did not would start to come later, at least thats what I can say from my experience