Indian Idol 7

Indian Idol .. Really?

ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 7 years ago
Ofcourse as assumed Revant won the title. Media went berserk and declared him the winner even before the telecast of the final event. So many polls,conducted by reputed news papers,Twitter Face Book ete unanimously selected Revant as the winner.
On the flip side the outcome looked pre decided and fixed. It is crystal clear from the body language of judges and their indirect hints who is going to win ultimately.Judgement is given but how far it justified the title and the ideals with which the event came to life ten years ago...is quite debatable.

Indian Idol aims at promoting or actually unearthing the fresh and hidden talent that can fulfill the urge of music lovers to inhale the fragrance of fresh talent. Singers who are not exposed on the public stage utilise this chance and prove their credentials through this wonderful concept. But season after season the glaring reality stared in our face making me wonder is this the show I had ever fallen in love with.

Without going deeper into the past events and judgements I would like to express my displeasure over Revant being adjudged Singer of the nation Indian Idol.

Revant is a good singer. By all means he looks and sounds as one with sufficient singing experience. Why not? He already sang many songs play back including the prestigious Bahuball song. This season he almost lived up to expectations with his energetic and clap worthy performances not to forget his stage interaction with the guest heroines that made him look more like an aspirant hero rather than an aspiring singer.His looks,his flamboyance and his energy levels dominated his singing capabilities but he emerged winner mostly for the above mentioned reasons rather than his singing talent. He got vast fan following who voted for him with a wrong notion. They thought that they are selecting Revant the performer  rightfully and for the right reasons. Sadly for music enthusiasts like me who learnt music and knew the nauces of good singing he failed to touch my heart strings.

Like Sonu Nigam said Revant got andaz Khudabaksh got Awaaz.Unfortunately for him Khudabaksh lacked captivating charm . He sang well,got the support of judges as well as audience but lagged behind . He was dominated by the unparalleled energy levels of Revant.

So who is left? Innocent,childlike Rohit. To me he is the find of the season.A revelation. A break through. A delight to hear, Rohit got a voice that doesn't overpower your heart but merge into your soul,urging for more. His singing imparts ultimate bliss. He makes us believe in the divinity of singing. The dedication,the hardwork shows when he presents his song. Still he looks effortless and weaves magic through his melodies.He is almost flawless. I know even Sonu knows this. Forgetting lyrics can not degrade him and put him on the back seat.But who cares for real talent? People like to watch the song rather than hear it by closing eyes. Performance scores over perfect rendering of the song. Never mind. Rohit,you will be considered a winner for real music lovers. You may not happen to be the Indian Idol but your singing lives forever and enthrall connoisseurs I am sure.

Edited by ltelidevara - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Rohit is undoubtedly a fantastic singer. But like you said people not just listen to songs but watch them.

Also, how many people are trained to correctly judge talent?

This is the unfortunate reality of reality shows. You are judged by people who have no knowledge (I mean audience), so you've got to make sure you do things that impresses them (perform, grab screen space).

And then while Rohit was good, he faltered in saathiya (even great singers do). The judges literally saved him though that day he deserved to go. In a competition you are only so good as your last performance.
divaprincess thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
in my opinion revanth winning is totally fair...may be he is established but that is just small part of country...I didn't know that singer named revanth existed before Indian idol and would have never known even if he would have sung 1000 songs...there must be many legendary singers in south bt I don't even known one of them..artist in south are not exposed to other parts of country...we know famous south actors only because nowadays there is trend of dubbing south movies in Hindi and we watch them...bt persons behind the camera we have no idea about...Nd I think all this is just because he is bahubali singer which is popular movie in whole India...bt what about his other more than 199 songs ..who knows about that except people having knowledge of south cinema...in that case even Rohit is also professional ..he also had sung for some movies bt he didn't had a hit like bahubali so him being professional was ignored ..even malvika too...so in my opinion he deserves this chance and this exposure as much as other contestants...
Nd everyone have their personal favourites you liked Rohit ..someone else liked khudabaksh or some others so they voted ...so if majority liked revanth we can't call it unfair...everyone made mistakes ... sometimes it was Rohit or sometimes revanth ...all had their good Nd bad moments Nd even if it was pre decided or something , fortunately it was same as audience choice because I really think revanth had biggest fan support Nd he won...
Edited by divaprincess - 7 years ago
ltelidevara thumbnail
I agree Rohit faltered in Saathiya song but I also feel it is the toughest song to present. Despite Rohit's lack of screen presence and interactive capabilities I would have loved to see him win because he is far above the other two in singing the song with his original touch.The way he added his own nauces in even the fast beat songs really makes him superior to others. As per Revant only time I was impressed was when he sang moh moh Ke dhage. Khudabaksh did not really touch my heart as far as singing is concerned. But then loke bhinna ruchih. Different tastes for people in the world. 
ltelidevara thumbnail
@ diva princess
I got your point. But setting apart being professional singers or not Rohit excels in singing if you take only the rendering of the song but not presentation on stage. Revant scored in that part and it contributed to his win. My problem with the channel is that they should have promoted real singing talent that is less exposed.
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ltelidevara

@ diva princess

I got your point. But setting apart being professional singers or not Rohit excels in singing if you take only the rendering of the song but not presentation on stage. Revant scored in that part and it contributed to his win. My problem with the channel is that they should have promoted real singing talent that is less exposed.

while a singing show should be to promote pure singing talent, that's not what majority of the viewers want.
Even if there was no audience voting, the channel would have low trps.
I really enjoyed listening to Shravan and towards the end Rohit, but most people don't appreciate or even understand their kind Of music.
For the channels these shows are less about finding talent, more about the bottom line.
So charisma, personality, gimmicks are all encouraged.

Rohit may have been more technically sound compared to Revanth, but on screen Revanth was fantastic. And that melodious voice was icing on the cake.

I'm sure down south, where more people are trained, people will appreciate Rohit and even Shravan and they'll make it big.Edited by ~Raina~ - 7 years ago
divaprincess thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

@ diva princess

yaa I understand bt I really don't think revanth was the one promoted by channel ..IMO it was khudabaksh...bt the fact is he didn't need channel to promote him ..he himself was more than enough to promote himself...Nd if the guy is doing everything to win the show then it's ok..he made people believe that he really wants to rock Bollywood Nd is deserving...the problem is Rohit didn't do that Nd although even if people liked Rohit singing the most he was ignored ..which is not his fault bt just his shy nature...bt it was due to nature and personality of these two nt because of channel intervention I think..bt maybe in future we can have someone named Rohit as singing sensation just like Arijit...
ltelidevara thumbnail
Originally posted by: divaprincess

yaa I understand bt I really don't think revanth was the one promoted by channel ..IMO it was khudabaksh...bt the fact is he didn't need channel to promote him ..he himself was more than enough to promote himself...Nd if the guy is doing everything to win the show then it's ok..he made people believe that he really wants to rock Bollywood Nd is deserving...the problem is Rohit didn't do that Nd although even if people liked Rohit singing the most he was ignored ..which is not his fault bt just his shy nature...bt it was due to nature and personality of these two nt because of channel intervention I think..bt maybe in future we can have someone named Rohit as singing sensation just like Arijit...

Agree with you. Rohit's shyness and inhibitions caused hindrance in reaching out to common people. I know  present day generation opts for Revant like singers who will come as a complete package. I wish Rohit shines in classical music field which is less competitive.
MindIt thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Barring very few, Pathetic singers have won or were runner-ups at Indian idol.With hardly any talent, Most of them are long forgotten...
 Given that, Revanth is huge upgrade and a very well deserving winner..
For those good singers that have not won, they must keep trying hard and work harder. The winner will be in headlines only for a couple of days and might get some initial breaks, but only real talent can go ahead. 
 Revanth has a great voice, has worked hard and I am very glad that he won. 
pams309 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

So who is left? Innocent,childlike Rohit. To me he is the find of the season.A revelation. A break through. A delight to hear, Rohit got a voice that doesn't overpower your heart but merge into your soul,urging for more. His singing imparts ultimate bliss. He makes us believe in the divinity of singing. The dedication,the hardwork shows when he presents his song. Still he looks effortless and weaves magic through his melodies.He is almost flawless. I know even Sonu knows this. Forgetting lyrics can not degrade him and put him on the back seat.But who cares for real talent? People like to watch the song rather than hear it by closing eyes. Performance scores over perfect rendering of the song. Never mind. Rohit,you will be considered a winner for real music lovers. You may not happen to be the Indian Idol but your singing lives forever and enthrall connoisseurs I am sure.

Very well said! agree 100%