Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
Nope I hate most nasal voice. She was female Himesh reshammiya, albeit a bit better than him.
lovemango thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I actually like her voice a lot, she's one of my favourite 90s singers apart from Alka Yagnik, Kumar Sanu and Udit Narayan.
Funnily enough, I met her in a hotel lobby 2-3 years ago, and told her I liked her work in Khamoshi a lot - she replied "Aaj Main Upar?" and I said, "Ye Dil Sun Raha Hai", to which she seemed surprised ðŸ˜†.
Edited by lovemango - 7 years ago
appletomypie thumbnail
I loved her voice (and alisha chinoi) but her step son who was my senior (surgery resident), was so arrogant and bossy, kinda ruined it. Whenever I listen to her songs reminds me of him!😡
Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: lovemango

I actually like her voice a lot, she's one of my favourite 90s singers apart from Alka Yagnik, Kumar Sanu and Udit Narayan.

Funnily enough, I met her in a hotel lobby 2-3 years ago, and told her I liked her work in Khamoshi a lot - she replied "Aaj Main Upar?" and I said, "Ye Dil Sun Raha Hai", to which she seemed surprised ðŸ˜†.

Yeah she does seem like a very nice person unlike Alka who was the Deepika of singers in the 90s...always bajaoing her own trumpet. 

When someone says Kavita Krishnamurthy my mind immediately springs to Aajh Mein Uper and Hum Pay Kis Nay Hara Rang Dala. 
springs thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
She's a good singer, but her voice 
Didn't like her shrill voice, but she has some great songs. Sadhna was the best in the 90s, highly underated. 

Originally posted by: appletomypie

I loved her voice (and alisha chinoi) but her step son who was my senior (surgery resident), was so arrogant and bossy, kinda ruined it. Whenever I listen to her songs reminds me of him!😡

Ah that violin player she married, forgot his name. 
Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: appletomypie

Really? With his busted face he shouldn't be rude to anyone, let alone bossy. But in the world of residency its the desis who cant stand other desis and pull their legs. 
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Seeing as I love most things from the 90s, YES! I love her.
Some personal favourites:

- Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (title song)
- Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast Mast (Mohra)
- Duniya Main Aaye Ho (Judwaa)
- Sukh Aave (Chaahat)
- Naurani Chehre Wale (Yaarana)
- Na Milo Humse (Baadal)
- Dheeme Dheeme (Zubeidaa)
- Dhol Bajne Laga (Virasat)

Also, Alka Yagnik was more successful than her. They were on par for a while, but post-2000 Alka reached a higher level.
Just checked her discography on Wiki. 
Every singer has his/her annoying voice days... Kavita's were in the 80s.. 80s top heroines used to star in bad movies with bad music. (She was Laxmikanth-Pyarelal's favorite, and LP's songs were bad but popular songs.. Like Himesh's songs.. Hit but can't stand the test of time) She was very popular in the 80s.. used to sing for every top heroine of that time (Most of Sridevi's songs were sung by her) but her bad luck Asha and Lata were still singing those days that she couldn't be the queen of the 80s... then in the 90s Anuradha Paudwal and Alka dethroned her. And IMO she started singing better after she was dethroned. Yeah, I like her 90s songs, when she started singing for Manisha Koirala.
Edited by dahee - 7 years ago