Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
After the success of Airlift and Rustom, Akshay Kumar announced a new film titled Gold. The film will revolve around the historic story of the first Olympic medal won by India as a free nation. Later it was reported that Akshay Kumar will be essaying the role of Indian hockey player, Balbir Singh, who was part of the team that brought home the gold in 1948. But looks like the film is embroiled in controversy even before the commencement of the shoot. The daughter of Balbir Singh, Sushbir Kaur claims she hasn't been approached by the makers.

Talking to Mid-Day she said, "The media has reported that Gold (directed by Reema Kagti) is based on my father's life since he was the star of the Olympics show. But, we aren't sure about the subject and how much of it will delve into my father's struggle. The 1948 Olympics revolves around many key players."

The Olympic victory in London is important as it was the first time our National Anthem was played as a free country. "The tiranga was hoisted on foreign shores and my father was an important part of it," says Sushbir Kaur. Balbir Singh scored the opening goal at the game. "He was instrumental in getting the gold and we are his immediate family. Ideally, we should be consulted on this [film]," she said. Also read: Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 crosses the lifetime collection of Housefull 3 in 17 days

"As of now, there is no clarity on the film," she reasoned. Also adding that the family would be happy to help the makers. "In 2012, my father was chosen as one of the 16 iconic Olympians of all times. His life's story makes for a solid biopic and his trajectory of scaling such great heights despite humble beginnings will inspire the youth. Akshay is fantastic and as fit as my father was when we were growing up," she concluded.

When Mid-Day tried to contact Reema Kagti she was unavailable for comment.
Schmmuck thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Does he announce a film every month?
awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

He is shooting Robot 2 last schedule n promoting NS nw

After this he Il start shooting fr PM
Crack still in script stage only

So only PM n Gold as of nw
-Piku- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Looking forward to it.
Crack is delayed ðŸ˜­ 
-Piku- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Schmmuck

Does he announce a film every month?

It was announced in October itself, Aug15 2018 as the release date.
8/15/18 is a Wednesday. It will be a 5 day weekend 😛
How many movies is he exactly doing ..??? 😆

This one looks interesting ...
Good choices being made Akshay...
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
This one looks interesting...