Yeh Vaada Raha

is marketing key? Or can good content and talent survive on its own?

sreeya852 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I don't watch any other hindi shows.  The only one I have seen is Yeh Vaada Raha season 1 from start to finish and parts of season 2.  I have also watched Afsar bitiya based on the recommendations from this forum.  I enjoyed both series for the most part for the content and the talent of the actors involved in the shows.  With YVR, I did not like the accelerated pace or Taayi's "difficult to understand" evil plans that I felt had no place for a family oriented show (especially with the use of bombs, extensive child abuse and the lack of clarity and realism in some of her plans (I am talking about how she made Kartik believe what's her name was a ghost).  I also did not like how they failed to further explore KarVi's relationship in part of the show ( I will always hold it against them for going back on the age difference of Karvi and not exploring that further).  

I personally loved KarVi, KarShi, karViShi, Barve siblings and Taayi-Pyare onscreen chemistry.  They were what made this show so good, and helped highlight the strengths in the overall story.  I believe that if these relationships were better marketed by the channel and the production house, by having their own behind-the-scenes sessions (I am not talking about instagram or pictures) that were either backed by some of those channels like SBB or Aaj tak or something... or even youtube video made by trishulla productions... not only would more and more people have noticed the content and the onscreen chemistry of these actors/characters, but also the show and channel as a whole and would've helped expose the artistes involved as well among the audience base that may not sit down and watch tv without proper online material to back it up as good/different/entertaining.

I would've loved to have seen all the barve siblings sit down in a 5 to 10 minute long youtube video along with the director or writer or producer,  talking about the storyline and their predictions while also addressing viewers' comments and feedback...

Sorry for the rant... I look forward to reading about everyone else's take on this ðŸ˜Š
Edited by sugarpuff1992hi - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luxmi_1029 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
As we had discussed earlier, I do think the marketing of a serial matters.  It also plays a major role in how an actor gains momentum among the diverse audience.

YVR2 is an example of a serial that faired poorly due to the poor marketing tactics on the part of Zee and the producers of the show.  They relied too heavily on Zain's existing popularity that he earned through his involvement in TEI (also aired on Zee).  I've liked him since his KYY days.

Abheer was a disappointment for me, especially after watching his earlier performances.  The show didn't help his image in anyway.  It was a treat for the fans to have him grace our screen again, but other then that it did nothing for him.  The only good thing about his involvement from a marketing angle was the increased exposure Sonal got.

I do think YVR would have been much more popular if the had extended Roshini's arc as Survi.  Roshini's performance was terrific and I would have loved to have seen her struggle with her feelings for Kartik and trying to hide them from him more with Tai and Vishaka thinking otherwise and using it as an accuse to blackmail her further before sending her away.  I wanted to see more of Lata too in that arc going against Tai.  Old Lata was very talented. 

For the sake of popularizing karvi and YVR more for the romantic quotient, they should have extended the arc from Sonal's entry to karvi's marriage.  I am sure the show would have had many more fangirls going gaga for karvi and kartik (especially after they made me lose that horrendous gelled hair with way too much white, and those awful scarves).

Marketing is key in helping a serial gain momentum, but after it has,,= content is much more important.  I still think a serial, one that lasts more than 100 episodes needs to have better marketing tactics throughout.
luxmi_1029 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sugarpuff1992hi

I would've loved to have seen all the barve siblings sit down in a 5 to 10 minute long youtube video along with the director or writer or producer,  talking about the storyline and their predictions while also addressing viewers' comments and feedback...

Sorry for the rant... I look forward to reading about everyone else's take on this ðŸ˜Š

That would've been cool to watch.  Having the producers of the show have their own online segments in addition to the channel and regular media promotional segments would've been nice.  It may've helped sustain a larger younger fanbase.

I don't think Social media is my thing.  I deactivated my insta account again, it is getting too distracting ðŸ˜† I also feel it doesn't help because It blurs the line between stars and their fans too much.  Some of the comments are weird... scary even, imo😕