Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
But still his songs are something I love to hear. Even AR Rehman's voice isn't that great but his voice suits the songs he makes. Asha ji tried to sing almost all songs and at times, her voice did not even match the emotion and when she started singing for actresses who were in their 20s, it sounded really awkward. Even sometimes great singers don't suit every song but it's the song that should suit the singers.

Originally posted by: Malika

Who cares until his songs are striking a chord with the audience n masses? Whats the use of a superlative highly technical singer who cant connect with masses. This has nothing to do with Asha Bhonsle and her opinion might be right but again does it really matter until people love Arijits voice?

Are you sure its people's love or because of there is not much choice being offered?

To this day any doubt Sonu or Rahat's voice is preferred over any of these rookies?
flipfl0p thumbnail

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Sonu and Rahat are a class apart...Other than that, I agree!

Rahat is a great singer, I agree. But similar to Arijeet, he also cannot change his voice for varying moods. I cannot imagine either Arijeet or Rahat singing a peppy song like Ruki Ruki Thi Zindagi. That is their limitation.

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

Rahat is a great singer, I agree. But similar to Arijeet, he also cannot change his voice for varying moods. I cannot imagine either Arijeet or Rahat singing a peppy song like Ruki Ruki Thi Zindagi. That is their limitation.

Agree!
Atomicbomb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I prefer more people like Arjit Singh compared to these guys who are gaining popularity recently.

Yo yo Honey and Badshah.
Edited by Atomicbomb - 7 years ago
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Arijit maybe monotonous but at least he isn't besura like his contemporaries 
pallavi25 thumbnail

I guess Asha ji didnt hear those "other" songs sung by Arijit:

Dilliwali Girlfriend

Dhokha dhadi

Sooraj duba hai

Mast Magan

Taake Jhaanke

Sooiyan

and many more where he has sung peppy songs 

Its very easy to typecast and generalize without listening to his entire repertoire. 

When he sings those "other" songs his voice changes so much its hard to recognize it. Like in Wat wat wat (Tamasha) 

The thing is people identify his voice more with slow, romantic songs, which he sings with utmost emotionality and which are more famous...but they tend to forget he got an award for Suraj duba hai as well. ðŸ˜†
Music directors will offer romantic/ emotional songs to the singers who sing them the best. As of now Arijit is the best we have. No doubt abt that! 
Channa Mereya and ADHM songs shd be proof enough.

EvilR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Whenever I see a song by him in a new album, I already knew how it's gonna sounds 😆
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I loved his singing initially, but as time has passed and songs have released, I realised he is indeed monotonous. He has that heavy sleepy voice, and just goes on... it feels lifeless TBH
It's sad because he has a nice voice, his singing was best in only one song IMO - Palat, tera hero idhar hai... only song that comes to my mind when I think about him giving expression to a song. IDK if I'm forgetting any.. 

Asha should give him classes!! :p ...people say she is stuckup and all,(okay even i found her unnecessarily nitpicky previously) but seriously, she always knows what she's saying, although her standards are way high and she appreciates too when there is perfection she desires.. 

Arijit is overhyped.. so sad how there's not one singer that touches heart these days ;(
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 7 years ago
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
And another song i liked him was Sooiyan.