Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Loveforlife thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: iambest

no one complaint about sonu nigam being overused since 97 almost he was the main voice of srk , salman , hirtik roshan , shahid, fardeen khan , aftab shdivsani , akshey kumar and to extent ajay devgan as he sang some of memorable song for ajay in 2000... in that time period ...no one complaint when udit narayan was every where ...but for arijit every one is complaining about him being overused ...i dont think over used is a problem since rafi sang for 3 decades no one said any where that he is overused😛

No one complained because there was no twitter or many social media sites where people could give their opinion easily. You can't compare Moh Rafi with the current lot of singers. Rafi literally became the actor for whom he sang... one singer had many voices. None of the current or 90's singers displayed this quality. During Sonu, Udit era there was a proper distribution of songs amongst them. Plus there were many singers. There was Sonu, Udit Abhijeet, SP Balasubramaniam, Hariharan, Daler etc etc So much variety.. A movie contained a song sung by each of them. But these days the whole album is sung by Arijit.. that's the reason I said over used.
EyeForBeauty thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
What nonsense ! He is amazing singer his ayat song from bajirao n Nashe si chadh gayi are my recent favorites song .
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

I don't think being overexposed is the reason why people are vexed with his voice...He isn't anymore overexposed than Sonu Nigam was at some point...Sonu Nigam sang every song in the bollywood for almost a decade , except a few songs here and there...Every chartbuster was his...Every top album was his...But I have never heard people complaining about how overused his voice is...Like the others have mentioned, its genuinely about the voice...Arjit is getting beautiful songs and hence he is getting popular along with those songs...Ask him to sing some of the mediocre songs that Sonu sang and still made them memorable...I bet he will fall flat on his face!

Sonu is a class apart though, I dont think any of the new singers can ever match up to him, the same way Sonu cannot match up to Kishore Kumar and Rafi.

Sonu as amazing of a singer as he is, was not as overexposed as Arijit is, Sonu had competition from Shaan, Udit Narayan and Mohit Chauhan as well, Arijit at this point doesnt have competition (IMO) apart from Badshah and Honey whatever, the other singers arent as recognized and established yet, someone mentioned Papon in the thread and yes Papon is amazing but he doesnt have that recognition that Arijit has.

As for people complaining, we didnt have platforms like IF or twitter etc to see who was complaining or not, who knows people maybe did get frustrated but didnt have the means to share.
iambest thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Loveforlife

No one complained because there was no twitter or many social media sites where people could give their opinion easily. You can't compare Moh Rafi with the current lot of singers. Rafi literally became the actor for whom he sang... one singer had many voices. None of the current or 90's singers displayed this quality. During Sonu, Udit era there was a proper distribution of songs amongst them. Plus there were many singers. There was Sonu, Udit Abhijeet, SP Balasubramaniam, Hariharan, Daler etc etc So much variety.. A movie contained a song sung by each of them. But these days the whole album is sung by Arijit.. that's the reason I said over used.

really :P u know all of them udit , sonu , shanu had been the permanent voices of actors of their time ...thats why sonu is considered as voice of shahrukh at same time voice of salman at same time voice of govinda ...same goes to udit shanu with these actors...when u compare current domination with eariler here u go starting with sonu Mast  had all songs of sonu and music was superhit specially ruki ruki thi zindagi ,Tum bin had majority of sonu songs  1 udit and 1 jagjit ...refugee had all sonu songs ...muskaan had mostly sonu songs , kabhi kushi kabhi ghum sonu had 4 songs dominated the album , tera jadoo chal gaya had all sonu songs , rehna hai tere dil main , dil mange more , khakhe, janeman , sangharsh, koi ap sa , chal mere bahi of salman khan sonu dominated the album , haseena man jayege sonu dominated the album , dulhan hum le jayenge of salman khan sonu dominated the album , tumko bhula na payenge sonu dominated the album, jhoru ka ghulam sonu dominated...lucky of salman khan sonu dominated , 3 idoits sonu dominated. Jodi no 1 sonu dominated ...etc  etc etc now for udit kuch kuch hota hai udit dominated the album , dil toh pagal hai entire udit , mohabbatien udit dominated the album , tere naam udit dominated the album , vivah udit dominated the album , etc etc ...and for kumar sanu 1990 to 1995 kumar sanu had mostly all the albums ...so everyone have dominated the soundtrack like arijit is doing now but the difference is kumar , udit , sonu songs are still remembered ...i.e suraj hua madham , kuch kuch htoa hai , tujey dekja toh yeh jana sanam lets see how long does people remember geruwa or o zalima ...i still remember when hangover for tum hi ho was over people stared disliking that song that bas yar bhout hogaya pak gaye hain sun sun ke...😛 there is something lacking with current singers be it expression , voice quality something which doesnt let them to make their songs ever green like earlier days singers...
btw sonu followed rafi in this area of being different voices :D listen this u will never be able to recogzine him 

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yanoH1HoAK0[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by iambest - 7 years ago
Loveforlife thumbnail

really :P u know all of them udit , sonu , shanu had been the permanent voices of actors of their time ...thats why sonu is considered as voice of shahrukh at same time voice of salman at same time voice of govinda ...same goes to udit shanu with these actors...when u compare current domination with eariler here u go starting with sonu Mast had all songs of sonu and music was superhit specially ruki ruki thi zindagi ,Tum bin had majority of sonu songs 1 udit and 1 jagjit ...refugee had all sonu songs ...muskaan had mostly sonu songs , kabhi kushi kabhi ghum sonu had 4 songs dominated the album , tera jadoo chal gaya had all sonu songs , rehna hai tere dil main , dil mange more , khakhe, janeman , sangharsh, koi ap sa , chal mere bahi of salman khan sonu dominated the album , haseena man jayege sonu dominated the album , dulhan hum le jayenge of salman khan sonu dominated the album , tumko bhula na payenge sonu dominated the album, jhoru ka ghulam sonu dominated...lucky of salman khan sonu dominated , 3 idoits sonu dominated. Jodi no 1 sonu dominated ...etc etc etc now for udit kuch kuch hota hai udit dominated the album , dil toh pagal hai entire udit , mohabbatien udit dominated the album , tere naam udit dominated the album , vivah udit dominated the album , etc etc ...and for kumar sanu 1990 to 1995 kumar sanu had mostly all the albums ...so everyone have dominated the soundtrack like arijit is doing now but the difference is kumar , udit , sonu songs are still remembered ...i.e suraj hua madham , kuch kuch htoa hai , tujey dekja toh yeh jana sanam lets see how long does people remember geruwa or o zalima ...i still remember when hangover for tum hi ho was over people stared disliking that song that bas yar bhout hogaya pak gaye hain sun sun ke...😛there is something lacking with current singers be it expression , voice quality something which doesnt let them to make their songs ever green like earlier days singers...
btw sonu followed rafi in this area of being different voices :D listen this u will never be able to recogzine him

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yanoH1HoAK0[/YOUTUBE]

I am not saying that there were no exceptions. If there was one album where Sonu dominated then there were other albums where Udit or Abhijeet etc dominated (as you have mentioned) . We had a variety of voices to listen to and there was a balance. Today Arijit sings most of the albums. You put on FM and it's mostly Arijit singing. Also a plus point that the earlier singers had was there were mostly duets. A female voice was used in the same song which added to the songs value. Even this is seen less and less now the whole songs are sung by either. There are exceptions of course. I have heard that song Vinod Rathod and Sonu have sung it. Sonu was and is talented but he has not used the variation ( by variation I mean changing his voice) in his voice in many songs is what I feel. How much ever I like Sonu or for that any other singer if I am put on a diet of songs only sung by a particular singer I will get bored. Plus as you said many of the recent songs can be easily forgotten. But there have been some exceptionally good songs too that have repeat value. I am not saying Arijit is bad or Sonu is bad..both have sung memorable songs. the problem is that there is no variety.. ghar ki murgi dal barabar jaise halat ho gaye hai.
iambest thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Loveforlife

I am not saying that there were no exceptions. If there was one album where Sonu dominated then there were other albums where Udit or Abhijeet etc dominated (as you have mentioned) . We had a variety of voices to listen to and there was a balance. Today Arijit sings most of the albums. You put on FM and it's mostly Arijit singing. Also a plus point that the earlier singers had was there were mostly duets. A female voice was used in the same song which added to the songs value. Even this is seen less and less now the whole songs are sung by either. There are exceptions of course. I have heard that song Vinod Rathod and Sonu have sung it. Sonu was and is talented but he has not used the variation ( by variation I mean changing his voice) in his voice in many songs is what I feel. How much ever I like Sonu or for that any other singer if I am put on a diet of songs only sung by a particular singer I will get bored. Plus as you said many of the recent songs can be easily forgotten. But there have been some exceptionally good songs too that have repeat value. I am not saying Arijit is bad or Sonu is bad..both have sung memorable songs. the problem is that there is no variety.. ghar ki murgi dal barabar jaise halat ho gaye hai.

thats what i am saying there is something lacking in current music ...and i have a strong feelings its vocal quality and expressions these days singers lack this ...arijit may be a good singer but he can not express the song it should be expressed the feeling he just sing every song in same sleepy or drunk voice ...he can not express the happiness , the pain , the badmashi element that well ...its because he dont follow muhammad rafi school of thought ...any singer following rafi sahab know this quality which make them extra ordinary ...you dont get anything extra ordinary from arijit songs ...but if u listen to this sonu number there is so much feel so much passion so much junoon so much depth at the same time so much romance in one number plus his voice complimenting srk unlike arijit

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfvGrChLEn0&t=288s[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by iambest - 7 years ago
Loveforlife thumbnail

thats what i am saying there is something lacking in current music ...and i have a strong feelings its vocal quality and expressions these days singers lack this ...arijit may be a good singer but he can not express the song it should be expressed the feeling he just sing every song in same sleepy or drunk voice ...he can not express the happiness , the pain , the badmashi element that well ...its because he dont follow muhammad rafi school of thought ...any singer following rafi sahab know this quality which make them extra ordinary ...you dont get anything extra ordinary from arijit songs ...but if u listen to this sonu number there is so much feel so much passion so much junoon so much depth at the same time so much romance in one number plus his voice complimenting srk unlike arijit

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfvGrChLEn0&t=288s[/YOUTUBE]

That's what said in the first place 'That he doesn't have variation in his voice..", before you brought Sonu in the discussion 😛 But having said this Arijit's talent cannot be belittled he has sung some gems like 'soch na sake' 'Channa mere ya' etc etc.. my only problem with Arijit is his being asked to sing most of the sings these days. Chalo anyways it was great discussing with you.. 90's was a magical era and I crave for the same variety in singers in today's music scene. :)
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I have to agree. He sounds the same in all of his songs. I only really really liked Channa Mereya and Tum Hi Ho. 
kvgmatri thumbnail
Am no music expert - but everybody would sound the same in all their songs unless they have some magical way to keep changing their voices!! And if we are talking of 'sounding' the same - well if Gerua, Nashe si Chad Gayi, Kabira, Aayat, Palat Tera Hero, Phir Le Aaya - all sound the same, then I guess the listener needs help!!

I love Arijit's songs and singing - there's a certain magic to his voice and a vulnerability which adds to the charm. And am sure there are many more like me which is why he is so popular. Of course there is a bit of luck and God's grace on him which is why every other song he sings gets so popular. End of day no matter how talented or hard working you are, you need the chances and good fortune.

Let's face it - his success is quite stupendous - there is a certain amount of disbelief and envy that is definitely there when people come up with these statements.
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Sonu and Rahat are a class apart...Other than that, I agree!

and mohit