Users

Frequent Posters

history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago

Vish Kanya / Vish-mai-kanyaka / Vish-mai-kanya / Vish-agh-ana

OR

Poison Girl

I am not watching the show. Though, came to know, the makers have introduced a Vishkanya. I had collected some data on them, earlier. Thought to post here. Based on different ancient sources, the following are classified into the category of VishKanyas.

1. In ordinary sense of the word, it means a girl who does harm deceitfully in some way or other to another person.

2. She is one born under an inauspicious configuration or conjugation of planets. So she does harm to one who marries her.

3. A girl, who is in some way or other so much poisoned or infected with a disease that she is likely to convey her poison or infectious disease to the person who cohabits with her or comes into some form of close contact with her, and to bring about his death. A woman infected with a venereal disease is a poison-girl of this kind.

4. A girl who has actually saturated her body with gradual doses of poison, and who, therefore, is in a state likely to convey the poison of her body, so saturated, to another person who comes into contact with her.

This kind of Vish Kanya was sent to Alexander, by an Indian Queen. This incident is mentioned in the Shah-nama of Firdausi.

Manzz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
😃  Thanks   ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜ƒ

😃  ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜³  ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜³  For The Information And  ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜ƒ  The Interesting Facts   ! ! ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜†  ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜†  ðŸ˜ƒ   ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜†   ! ! ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜³  ðŸ˜³  ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜†

ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜³   ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜ƒ
fairylovelyme thumbnail
Yes the woman in Mauryan age were like modern woman and they played a crucial role in Men's life.
Some woman were dominant and advised King in political matters.
there were so many fashions available during that time and woman did many fashions too.

Originally posted by: fairylovelyme

Yes the woman in Mauryan age were like modern woman and they played a crucial role in Men's life.

Some woman were dominant and advised King in political matters.
there were so many fashions available during that time and woman did many fashions too.

.  Women had little freedom during cgm's reign. Rules were very rigid.  Few women did jobs but they were ordered not to talk unnecessarily with male employees.
AshtaVasus thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

It's always a pleasure reading your updates History-Geek.
What's interesting in your posts is - you don't just post your views. You back them up with solid info of the resources, the picture etc.  
Keep up your good work.
Is there a link, where all your historical related posts are available ?
JanakNandini thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi
nice post...
Vishkanya were  so famous in cgm life..
I came across one book based on Cgm life history
It says some interesting facts
1. Cgm was polygamous .He had many wives who were princesses of smaller kingdom .But we know only one name called Durdhara   He had many sons through other wives.Those princes stayed with their father till they become adult.In palace there was artificial lakes built soley for young prince to learn fishing.Outsider were not allowed...

2 cgm and selucus signed an agreement accordong to which both the people pf kingdom [u] can have marital relation. [b] Nowhere it was mentioned that Cgm martied Selucus daughter..May be it is added later ..
Justin roman historian who was about 500 years younger to cgm wrote Cgm was tyrant king.

mauryan allowed widow remarriage and sati was unknown to them
Cgm spent all day in court and little time in queen chamber.
slept only 3 hours a day..
Bindusara was follower of Ajivaka sect.

Originally posted by: JanakNandini

Hi

nice post...
Vishkanya were  so famous in cgm life..
I came across one book based on Cgm life history
It says some interesting facts
1. Cgm was polygamous .He had many wives who were princesses of smaller kingdom .But we know only one name called Durdhara   He had many sons through other wives.Those princes stayed with their father till they become adult.In palace there was artificial lakes built soley for young prince to learn fishing.Outsider were not allowed...

2 cgm and selucus signed an agreement accordong to which both the people pf kingdom [u] can have marital relation. [b] Nowhere it was mentioned that Cgm martied Selucus daughter..May be it is added later ..
Justin roman historian who was about 500 years younger to cgm wrote Cgm was tyrant king.

mauryan allowed widow remarriage and sati was unknown to them
Cgm spent all day in court and little time in queen chamber.
slept only 3 hours a day..
Bindusara was follower of Ajivaka sect.

And selucus would give up his land just to give consent on marriage relationship between people. Yeah right 
JanakNandini thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Roxelana

And selucus would give up his land just to give consent on marriage relationship between people. Yeah right 

I think it would have happened since he lost a war to Cgm.I found this in a book while searching about real cgm biography.Thought of sharing. m

Originally posted by: JanakNandini

I think it would have happened since he lost a war to Cgm.I found this in a book while searching about real cgm biography.Thought of sharing. m

. Selucus gave land when he lost the war and regarding treaty it was clearly a matrimonial alliance. It's stupid to say that two races wer allowed to get marry. That's not how empires work.