No film with Fawad Khan: Shyam Benegal dismisses all rumours

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago

No film with Fawad Khan: Shyam Benegal dismisses all rumours!

Fawad Khan
 DNA WEB TEAM | Thu, 13 Oct 2016-08:23pm , dna webdesk

Amidst the intense strain on Pakistani actors working in Bollywood, there were recent reports claiming Fawad Khan has reportedly signed up for a film project produced by Shyam Benegal. According to a leading national daily, director Harsh Narayan, who has been working to promote cross-border peace for the past 15 years, has approached the 34-year-old Pakistani actor to star in his upcoming project.

Titled 'Ye Raste Hain Pyar Ke', the movie will apparently chronicle the journey of two musicians who will tour the two warring countries during which they will discover themselves.

IMPPA earlier issued a temporary ban on Pakistani artistes working in Indian Cinema in the wake of the killing of 19 Indian soldiers during the Uri terror attack. So will this film get made ever? The answer's here.

Shyam Benegal has slammed all such rumours and called them mere hogwash. The filmmaker told Spotboye.com, "I make films with subjects which interest me and I write their initial scripts as well. When somebody brings a script to me, I normally say 'No'. But here's a young man (Harsh Narayan) who is dying to make a particular film, and this is how he uses my goodwill to having merely spoken to him? I could understand if he wanted to involve me for mere consultancy to help him out, but I had clearly told him that I don't want to be professionally associated with his film in any capacity. What's his logic? May I say it aloud that I am NOT motivated to make a film to promote Indo-Pak peace."

He added, "He asked me to produce his film and I categorically told him that his subject is of NO interest to me. Later, he told me that he wanted to associate my name with his film to raise funds. I surely didn't expect that just these kind of conversations with him would boomerang on me so badly. I am extremely upset with him."

Now this definitely sets the record straight.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report-no-film-with-fawad-khan-shyam-benegal-dismisses-all-rumours-2263857

Fawad Khan approached to play lead in Indo-Pak film produced by Shyam Benegal

DECCAN CHRONICLE
PublishedOct 12, 2016, 6:19 pm IST
UpdatedOct 12, 2016, 6:20 pm IST
The film is titled 'Ye Raste Hain Pyar Ke' and is to be directed by Harsh Narayan and could star Fawad in the lead.
Fawad Khan was recently seen in 'Kapoor & Sons'.
 Fawad Khan was recently seen in 'Kapoor & Sons'.

Mumbai: Amid the calls to ban Pakistani artistes and films starring them in the wake of the worsening ties between India and Pakistan following the attacks in Uri, a filmmaker plans to make a film to promote peace between the two countries. The film 'Ye Raste Hain Pyar Ke' to be directed by Harsh Narayan, traces the characters of two musicians from the two countries who travel across India and Pakistan and discover themselves during the journey. The film has received backing from veteran filmmaker Shyam Benegal, who will produce the film.

About planning to do such a film in the current situation, Narayan was quoted as saying by a tabloid, "I believe there couldn't be a better time to put out a film that explores love and peace and promotes humanity."

Benegal also seems to be having no qualms about backing the project. "People called me mad when I was making Ankur'! I have found another mad-creative filmmaker in Harsh. He is capable, hard-working and can take on all the creative responsibilities necessary in making this film," he said.

Fawad Khan, whose presence in Karan Johar's Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' has led to trouble for the film, has been approached to play the lead. "At the moment, he is sceptical about reactions to him working in an Indo-Pak co-production. He has shown a keen interest and will respond as soon as the present situation cools down. We are hoping he agrees to play the lead musician in the film," Narayan said.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/entertainment/bollywood/121016/fawad-khan-approached-to-play-lead-in-indo-pak-film-produced-by-shyam-benegal.html

Edited by touch_of_pink - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
NOOO...don't disappoint urself and the Fawad fandom Mr Benegal...not good to raise people's hopes if u know there is a risk of disappointing them.
if fawad khan got some self respect, he will reject it. 
blue-ice. thumbnail
He has shown a keen interest and will respond as soon as the present situation cools down. We are hoping he agrees to play the lead musician in the film," Narayan said.

What does he mean by conditions will cool down?? Like how they cooled down after 26/11 when 100s of lives were lost...will our patriotic politicians let it happen again?? Why?? I mean if this happens again and Fawad is hired by BW again...who is to blame here?? BW or GOI?? You fool me once ...shame on you...you fool me twice and shame on me...why does the GOI allow this...why? Do we have the right to call GOI as anti nationals if they allow this happen again?? Salman Khan ko toh bahut jaldi anti-national bol diya tha...but jisne 26/11 ke baad ye sab Indo-Pak friendship ka drama shuru kiya...woh log kaun hai fir??
blue-ice. thumbnail

Originally posted by: bosskibiwi

if fawad khan got some self respect, he will reject it. 

He doesn't have to reject it...He is banned from BW...remember??
Some thug sitting in Mumbai must be planning a response against this Bengal director. lol

Originally posted by: glace-bleue

He doesn't have to reject it...He is banned from BW...remember??

Then that is great.  So director  can't break rules Ryt??  Ban is great... 
Edited by bosskibiwi - 7 years ago
MadOwhat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
These Brilliant Creative intellects have gone senile...first Om Puri now Benegal ...just rebels without a cause.
On NH

Arnab - What's your view on Banning Pakistani artist
Benegal - Artist should be kept away from all these thing ...they belong to the world...they have no nationality

Arnab - Mr Benegal, do you know about the Uri attack
Benegal - Yes and I condemn it

Arnab - But Pakistani artists are refusing to condemn
Benegal - How can they condemn.They are Pak nationals

...was more confusing as it progressed.

The guy cant make up  whether the artist have a nationality or not...full of contradictions.

Freedom of expression is the buzz world in intellectual circuit...looks  more like Freedom of Rebellion.

P.S - As if Hafiz Saeed is going to watch the movie and have a change of heart and sends doves across the border.

Edited by MadOwhat - 7 years ago
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: hippopotamus

Some thug sitting in Mumbai must be planning a response against this Bengal director. lol

😆😆
MadOwhat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hippopotamus

Has HS moved to Mumbai ??😕