24 Season 2

24IndiaS2 Review-goods and bads

peeyara thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
24 India Season 2 came to an end today and Finale was mind blowing
Let me appreciate good things first :)
This season cast was fantastic-each n every actor was fab and they literally went into the skin of characters and credit goes to actors and Director ⭐️
Maya's character did had potential but she was not utilised fully as per me. Devyani was a well scripted character, writer did a fab job in scripting her...at many points writer threw clues indicating that she is culprit and at the same hints were dropped pointing she is innocent. Kudos to writer for confusing viewers πŸ˜†

Coming to tracks, my fav has to be Inder-Kiran track followed by Saigal-Mallik track 😳
Inder-Kiran track was perfect, no loopholes, no bloopers...it was pitch perfect-everything be it acting, execution, suspense, thrill. direction everything ⭐️

Saigal-Mallik: Gosh Harsh n Sakshi together in same frame created some serious fire works 😳 I was wondering they had such crackling chemistry wen they were against each other, always arguing wid each other, instigating each other, taunting each other...had there been some gud scenes free of fight their chemistry wud hv sizzled like anything 😳 I liked the openess in their story where viewers were left to decide what would have happened between them πŸ˜ƒ

Breath Taking Tracks/Sequences:
Jail sequence tops my list ⭐️ The way that whole was executed brilliant, top notch πŸ‘ I so so loved it...execution, direction n that heart thumping action πŸ‘
Next has to be Jai-Roshan fight sequence in finale episode. Loved the realistic approachbin fight instead of Sci-fi Fighting πŸ˜† Anil and Ashish are around 50 yet they fought like youngsters. Kudos to both of them ⭐️

Emotional Sequences:
Mallik's death sequence 😭 Damn that was the most emotional sequence . She portrayed various emotions in that single frame-determination, courage, fear, sadness, turmoil, helplessness...My Sakshi rocked it with her acting 😎 She made me cry and Jai shedding tears before shooting added to it 😭
Next scene have to be Saigal watching Mallik's video and crying 😭
Harsh's best scene, for me, is saigal announcing mallik's death to ATU-Man that voice modulation, body language, trying to suppress emotions, words refusing to come out of mouth-he totally killed it ⭐️
Another emotional scene is again by Harsh...saigal convincing Kabir to come to him...desperation, pleading to Vaidehi, fearing for Kabir's safety ⭐️ Brillaint

Next one is emotional scene, convo between Jai-Veer where Jai gets to know that Veer is infected with virus...it was heart Wrenching 😭

And last one is Mallik-Gyan convo...Gyan asking Mallik to complete the mission at any cost...I so so wanted Gyan to be alive 😭

What the Hell sequence
It has to be Naina killing Manishinde Can I say that lady is damn heartless, ruthless, cunning n power hungry. She not only killed him but forced Antara to hide it leading her to commit suicide.

Controversial Sequence
Ofcourse Mallik's death sequence. This is the most debated topic. Now probably a thesis can be written on it πŸ˜† Was not there any way to avoid Shibani's death? Was ATU so helpless that they had to give in to Roshan's demands. After thinking n re-thinking, analysing n Over analysis, I came to conclusion that "yes ATU was helpless and had hard luck and it cost them one of the best officer". But there is another POV on it-it was uncalled for, it could have been avoided, ATU could hv played smart. Anyways, it had happened and could not be erased or corrected

Well Anil Kapoor will be the only person to kill Sakshi Tanwar in the History of Indian Television πŸ˜†

Silliest Sequence:
It has to be Kiran's kidnap. It was CRAP. Makers should have made it smart, it made ATU officers JOKERS. I disliked it highly, was too stupid, without any sense n logical reason behind it.

Intelligent characters:
Zara and Maddy were absolute brilliant in their job. For me 24 was more of zaraVSmaddy than jaiVSroshan.
Maddy was too smart like one hell smarty, she fooled, trapped ATU single handedly
Zara-we named her Antenna πŸ˜† . She was the best, she cracked many infos single handedly, fought maddy smartly and it was her who was always smelled the rats πŸ˜‰ Her antennas received all the gadbads going on be it Gyan helping Jai n Roshan, Something wrong wid mallik, Saigal deleting data every single damn thing was recieved by her antennas first πŸ˜†

Veer is a gud cop. Liked his control n calm while dealing with deadly situation. Wise, smart n authoratitive wen needed. Akshay portrayed Veer nicely

Surprise Package:
Sikander Kher ⭐️
Wen I heard he is going to play villain my reaction was "oh no" :P
But he changed my opinion and made me like him 😳 He literally drank Sikander's character-wildness, craziness that he bought on screen thru his acting was fabulous πŸ‘   I did not wanted him to die but makers killed him

Wishes I had
How I wish Mallik was alive 😭
I badly wanted a emotional scene between Saigal-mallik. Harsh and Sakshi would have nailed it like anything. I kept hoping to have one desperately but nahi mila 😭
I sensed a one-sided love story between Mallik-Vedant. How i wish writer had a given hints to prove this is true or to dismiss it

Sadly, all wishes do not come true πŸ’”

Best thing is this season has ended with open ends [:D/] indicating season 3 on its way

Is Jai dead? This is the biggest question to be answered
Is Mallik Alive? Since her body was not yet shown to viewers, I would like to see what writer will do with it. I strongly believe she is dead and gone but It would be brillaint if writer shows her alive in next season πŸ˜‰ The debate on her death would end 😳 . And, in case, if she is not shown alive...will Jai be punished for killing her.
Will saigal be punished or labelled as traitor? Will he be forgiven?
Will Veer survive or Jai will loose him like his wife 😭
Prithvi has trump card against Naina, will he show it to Adi and get her punished or will he keep blackmailing her

I would love to see Sakshi Tanwar and Harsh Chayya as prominent characters of 24 series.

To the makers of 24, Anil Kapoor
Thank you so much for bringing 24 amidst all nagins, bhoots, jinn, saayas crap πŸ˜†

Coming to loopholes:
First half of season was roller coaster ride , crisp, to the point, and kept us hooked to the show, made us wait for the weekends but after the Kamat's death, it went the downhill never to gain its pace. It was ok that Kamat died as it does happens. What I absolutely hated was ATU was always at loosing end inspite of making so many attempts only to succeed in last 2 epis. As a viewer, I would have loved a mind boggling cat-race chase between ATU and Roshan where sometimes its Roshan who wins and on other occassions ATU defeats him but Roshan was shown as a super villain who had everything planned and had his men at all thr places at correct time doing asaigned jobs without getting(even) touched by ATU.
Rules are different for Jai and others officers. Jai broke many rules n protocols but he was let go whereas Saigal will be hanged to death for same. Why this hypocrisy? Is it because Jai is central character?
Mallik's mom shooting Jai 😲 Okay she got to know about Mallik's death as it was all over internet(assuming she can use internet n all since once she sent a kabir video to shibani) but how on earth she got Jai's exact location-lets assume she asked someone at ATU. From where the hell she got revolver? Does she know how to use it? Can she aim it?
Mallik is dead, Saigal is gonna be behind bars and now Mallik's mom doing shooting n all. As a viewer, found it insensitive It wud hv been gud if she was not dragged into this mess(not that I believe Jai will die from her bullet), Kabir needs her.

In second half, time was wasted in some unnecessary scenes like Kiran-Maya scene was not required neither Devyani-Veer convo on fathers. It was wastage of time as those scenes had no connection with main plot.

Wud hv loved if show had started to pick pace from last 4-5 episodes instead of last 2-3 episodes. Things were rushed(I felt so).

Thats it from my side . I hope I was not rude and I have not wasted anyone's time by making to read such a long post
πŸ˜†

It was amazing to discuss the show-brilliant scenes, loopholes, alternative measures that were taken, characters n their dynamics.

Since many questions are unanswered in this season, here hoping that all those knots will be opened in season 3 .

Thank you entire cast and crew for this season.

P.S: Season 1 Was the BEST. Wishing 24's team wi surpass season 1 with season 3.

Some brilliant dialogues:
Ma'm nhi Mallik
2) Jab yeh mission start hua tha toh socha nhi tha k virus ke itne kareeb aajaonga
3)For Mallik, For Veer and for the nation
4)dekhna kal subah tum khud mujhe dhakke dekar bahar karogi
5)Hey Kabir...Papa ka warrior beta
And few more which I dont remember now 😳 Edited by peeyara - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iluvusakshi thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
itni umeed se Maine last episode dekha. but it was totally disappointing. there r 100%chances of season 3. this season is hopeless. total flop. dr bhowmik is the culprit. the reason he gave was such foolish n childish. disappointed with this one. watched this season only n only because of sakshi. I haven't watched season 1. will not watch season 3 .
LuvSSever thumbnail
I thought to write an essay dear but when i saw ur note that u would be sending it to writers,
I stopped that thoughtπŸ˜†

In short, 24 season2 slowly picked up its pace, and it was so good till jai shoot roshan and haroon...
After Roshan escape , all went downhill, many bloopers and loopholes ...at end it again tried to pick its pace and i was waiting for the justifications from writers for those loopholes and bloopers in last epi,
But they are so eager for season3 and they want people to be hooked that they ended season2 in an incomplete way...

So 
Positives would be the
powerful cast - each had their imprints on their characters. I loved Anil,Sakshi,Harsh,Ashish,Sikander more and veer's son, pm and tht girl zaara and maddy too i liked😳
first half - holded us on seat how jai gonna get roshan ,haroon redhanded.
Sid and Shibhani - there emotional side story was a added advantage to hook me to story.

Negatives
For sure the second half,may be the end too where many left unanswered.
Roshan has a superpower villian all through and atu failing at har attempt and finally atu overpowering all within 2 epi's didnt gone well with me atleast.
And some scenes lagged just to eat time...
It shuld had been more crisp and to the point.

Seeing ur post, immediately wrote wht all came up in mind..i myself hvent analysed wht i had writtenπŸ˜†.,
If post too had  bloopers and mistakes u rectify itπŸ˜†

So many going in mind...will add or edit later...

Edited by LuvSSever - 7 years ago
LuvSSever thumbnail
And the most important thing that made me felt disappointed in last epi was showing a gun shot towards jai by shibhani's mom and left viewers to decide whats next..
I hv posted in  sultan thread too about it in detail  why that doesnt go well with me..

I hope u dont mind if i say or copy the same thing here..πŸ˜†
 shibhani mom shooting at jai, and to see whts with jai in 3rd season..uff...

I mean why shibhani's mom, already shibhani is not there, kabir had only one person whom he knows and to take care of..
If sid behind bars, then y indulge shibhani mom too..
Tht part dont like, In the sense that why they pulled shibhani's mom in all this...kabir was left with only his grand mom and she too now put in this... if cvs thought, a gunshot from her to jai wuld satisfy viewers thinking tht its correct only to get it frm her hands since jai found guilty in shibhani's death..
I wuld say this wasnt the answer viewer expected..
I mean, just now she came out of such a horrible kidnap, she hv kabir to taken care of, sid behind bars,
Will she be able to come out of all this trauma and planned immediately to shot jai..
Highly impossible..knowing tht she knows jai too and shibhani's worship towards jai..and current state of hers

then one more negative thing is
The large commercial breaks on last epi which tested my patience πŸ˜†
Edited by LuvSSever - 7 years ago
caraj4u thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
They showed very hasty ending. When the last commercial break came in, i was wondering how they could unfold the story in next 10 mins, but they went very fast. No proper ending. How did they gave anti virus to all the affected, at least they should have shown that they treated the hotel people.(May be they will show it in the beginning of season 3) The terrorist girl who manages to escape. Some of the tracks were very irrelevant to the story and got lot of footage. mainly Prithvi's love track. Well never the less it was still entertaining and the standards were very high if you compare it to the other garbage stuff we get to see on Indian TV.
Harsh n Shakthi Kiran veer haroon n atu cast
Obviously the pm
Jai the traitor I almost believed that he is with Roshan
Every finger pointed at devjani
Dislikes
Too many cameos Anjali Vaidehi n Kieran's landlord fillers
Every time Jai reacted late
So many lives
The climax is stupid
But happy devjani is clean
Season 3 will watch wish by that time Jai will become a grand pop
And rangeela will give a good time shot
Missesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Season 2 was clumsy, not gripping and disappointing. 
The story was good till Jai manages to gang up with Haroon, Roshan, Dhruve and Meher and plans the attack to destroy the virus.

After that it was just pointless stretch, showing;
- Cat and mouse game of Roshan versus ATU agents 
- useless filler tracks like ( the guy escaping from hotel about to infect his wife and others, the journalist sister coming to visit her hotel manager brother etc)
- Loosely executed Maneshinde / Antara track - with no serious outcome 
- The endless spreading of virus with too much of footage given to it ( makers,  we get it... we don't need to see  endless gross scenes everytime to register that one more person is now infected)

Overall there was no story left, once Haroon died and Roshan escaped...  no plot, and no further build up was left...  so eventually the storty moved in round and circles and became  a waste of time

The end, was the most disappointing.  It brought about too  many loose ends.

How can Dr. Bhowmic spend more than 1000 crores to spread the virus and still cry over financial gains? If he already had that money, why didn't he put it to good use?

We still don't know why Bhowmick chose to tie hands with Dhruve and what was Dhruve's gain in the mission?

Seriously,  it was a disappointing season. Season 1 was far better. Every character led to some clues. It was well paced and it intrigued interest. Season 2 was LAME.

Sorry. ... not looking forward to Season 3. Do not care if Jai is alive or dead.

There were some good things, especially the casting and the actors did a fab job. Kudos to them

Edited by Missesha - 7 years ago
goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
@TM, thanks for the topic. Wonderful analysis, you covered almost all points.

Anil Kapoor had claimed at the start of the season that it will be bigger and better than the first season. It was surely bigger but better, probably not.

Plain action sequences don't interest me much, what appealed to me in 24 (both seasons) was action intertwined with a pinch of drama and emotions.

Coming to season 1, it had right blend of action with politics which let the story progress at a constant pace till the last episode. It had prominent characters, and almost each one of them contributed to the story. On the other hand, in season 2, the story went ahead in right direction only till mid of the show. After that it looked like tracks added here and there to stretch it for 24 episodes. I felt it had too many characters, which led to many side tracks that looked out of place due to lack of proper connection to main plot. Many tracks looked irrelevant because they were not given right closure!! Antara-Prithvi track had potential but they just ruined it by showing Antara committing suicide.. Lastly the most important thing like virus spread was given such a lame closure! It would have been so interesting to watch how the ATU deals with the virus outbreak, had they showed it in a better way.

The positive points include the stellar star cast, and brilliant performances from each one of them. AK, Aashish, Sikander, Sakshi, Harsh, all of them were a delight to watch. And Neil Bhoopalam (hope I got it right) has earned a fan in me πŸ˜† He got the nuances of his character of a PM just perfect!! I felt so bad for him when Aditya got infected with the virus. Then the cinematography was excellent, specially the aerial shots of the expressway, and the action sequences were executed quite realistically. The jail sequences just kept me on the edge of my seat ⭐️

To summarize, despite the loopholes it was still 1000 times better than the stereotyped clinched shows on TV. So yes, I will definitely look forward to season 3. Having said this I hope they don't explain the loose ends of season 2 in too many details. They better narrate it in few lines, show some important scenes, finish it off in less than than half episode and start fresh on season three!! Also, hope to see the original late night time slot of Fridays and Saturdays back..
Edited by _goofyCat_ - 7 years ago
thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
well written wrap up post naz
I thought the season started off well
but it lost credibilty when mallik was shot,  in some random episode someone said  to vedant that roshan has kept mallik's body somewhere so i guess she is dead,
kiran's kidnapping was the baap of all bloopers
when roshan can make jai kill mallik why did he wanted to let go jai alive, he had so many armed men surrounding that place, ... as they say hero cant die, but according to me mallik was the hero of this season, handled the situations very well in the beginning of the operation, she was a fab leader πŸ‘
if Dr. Bhowmik is the mastermind why was his nose  bleeding  and was coughing too,... that lady meher is still missing, they couldnt contain the virus though they have the anitibodies now, is it possible to inject that now and cure veer ,pm and so many affected people ... well this looks very silly, i felt like they simply rushed the last episode .
a new season should start with fresh content, and justifying the season 2 in the initial season 3 would  look disconnected ,
maddy was quite impressive, her smile to jai saying thank you for saving me from roshan was priceless. zara was accurate and she did a fantastic job
if sid has been accussed of breaking the protocols and handing over vaidehi to roshan , what kind of rules did jai follow when he fled with roshan, πŸ€ͺ

the casting was too good, the visuals were excellent, ( cameraman did a splending job), editing is a dept which needs spl mention,
you need to do a lot of homework and make sure no one points you for a single mistake, if so ...you are worth watching otherwise
i think S3 would be another mess produced by S2

all the best to S3 cast and crew 
if mallik is alive in S3, i will watch otherwise... its not my cup of tea

iluvusakshi thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
This content was originally posted by: Missesha

Season 2 was clumsy, not gripping and disappointing. 
The story was good till Jai manages to gang up with Haroon, Roshan, Dhruve and Meher and plans the attack to destroy the virus.

After that it was just pointless stretch, showing;
- Cat and mouse game of Roshan versus ATU agents 
- useless filler tracks like ( the guy escaping from hotel about to infect his wife and others, the journalist sister coming to visit her hotel manager brother etc)
- Loosely executed Maneshinde / Antara track - with no serious outcome 
- The endless spreading of virus with too much of footage given to it ( makers,  we get it... we don't need to see  endless gross scenes everytime to register that one more person is now infected)

Overall there was no story left, once Haroon died and Roshan escaped...  no plot, and no further build up was left...  so eventually the storty moved in round and circles and became  a waste of time

The end, was the most disappointing.  It brought about too  many loose ends.

How can Dr. Bhowmic spend more than 1000 crores to spread the virus and still cry over financial gains? If he already had that money, why didn't he put it to good use?

We still don't know why Bhowmick chose to tie hands with Dhruve and what was Dhruve's gain in the mission?

Seriously,  it was a disappointing season. Season 1 was far better. Every character led to some clues. It was well paced and it intrigued interest. Season 2 was LAME.

Sorry. ... not looking forward to Season 3. Do not care if Jai is alive or dead.

There were some good things, especially the casting and the actors did a fab job. Kudos to them

@bold.. same feelings. who cares now whether he is alive or not?
total flop season 2.
great actors like harsh, sakshi, were really wasted excepting some gud scnes and dialogues. but we needed more from them,