Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aweeeecute thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

Not Arpita, Alvira who is married to Atul Agnihotri, that's what I remember reading... His mother converted to Islam and Soha's mother too when they got married, so they're not half Hindus

As far as I know you cannot be half Muslim, either you're Muslim or you're not... It's forbidden in Islam to marry into any other religion

But a muslim man can marry a non-Muslim woman of another monotheist faith like Christanity and Judaism without the woman converting... and a Women is forbidden even that... But if the Man wants to marry a person from non-abrahamic religion ( like Hinduism) she must convert.

That's what I heard...

Anyway only one person is criticizing her in SNS...

the reason sharmila and salman mom converted was because there was no special martiage act than so u had to convert to any one religion to get married legally
so lot of people converted in 60s and 70s but they still follow their own faith
my cousin masi got married to muslim
she converted because at that time no special marriage act was there
but she still call herself hindu

but gauri kiran and today generation dont because in special marriage act conversion in not compulsory
and i am sorry but i just saw hew fb
lot of people are bashing
full hindu muslim going on thereEdited by Aweeeecute - 7 years ago
MithiBani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

Not Arpita, Alvira who is married to Atul Agnihotri, that's what I remember reading... His mother converted to Islam and Soha's mother too when they got married, so they're not half Hindus[/DIV]

As far as I know you cannot be half Muslim, either you're Muslim or you're not... It's forbidden in Islam to marry into any other religion

But a muslim man can marry a non-Muslim woman of another monotheist faith like Christanity and Judaism without the woman converting... and a Women is forbidden even that... But if the Man wants to marry a person from non-abrahamic religion ( like Hinduism) she must convert.

That's what I heard...

Anyway only one person is criticizing her in SNS...

I honestly believe conversion does not usually work. It might work in cases where rituals are rigorously followed but otherwise it seldom does. Look at Sushila urf Salma, Salman's Mom. She converted but was unable to give up her faith. She still celebrates Ganesh Chaurthi & I read she organized a huge Shivratri function at their farmhouse last year. Sharmila too became Ayesha but her kids are pretty secular IMO. Saif did not force Kareena to convert and I loved that.
Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MythicalMoth

Hindu God? Wow I never knew even God had religions  its either God or its not. there's no true God..false God.. Hindu God ..Muslim God!! 

I said Hindu Gods. Aren't Shiva, Ganesh, Durga... Gods? Do they become one entity ?  I don't know much about Hinduism so, instead of making fun of me for this comment it would have been nice to explain to me how it translate. 
pallavi25 thumbnail

This is utterly pathetic and disgusting!🤢

A person's faith and religious practices are entirely that person's private issue, involving his/her own feelings, sentiments, beliefs.

Who are these people to question other's faith? 

Monotheistic or Polytheistic, how does it matter? All religions are meant to lead to God. 

Religion or Faith is an individual's relationship with his/her God. Nobody has the right to question other how to worship or whom to worship. 

Just because u belong to one particular religion doesnt mean you cannot visit places of worship of other religions. 
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: -mistyeyed-

I agree that if you are following a certain religion, then you need to abide by its rule. And if one of its rule is monotheism, then I guess its wrong to worship other Gods. 

Well, a Religion with a Rule is like controlling someone. A person can follow whatever practices and still be religious. 

My Husband is Hindu Brahmin and he eats chicken with both hands. In fact he loves it. He is not abiding by his religion's rule, and yet no one questions him whether he is following Hinduism or say he is not a true Brahmin.  

We humans give Religion way more importance in our life. It's just a religion. Follow it for your peace and hope. Practically there should be no rule. 

All being said, These are just 2-3 stupid keyboard warriors on Twitter. And Twitter is a shit place. There was no need for media to give this anymore fodder. But then Indian Media is such a twisted secular one. They can't survive without bringing in Religions. 
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MithiBani

I honestly believe conversion does not usually work. It might work in cases where rituals are rigorously followed but otherwise it seldom does. Look at Sushila urf Salma, Salman's Mom. She converted but was unable to give up her faith. She still celebrates Ganesh Chaurthi & I read she organized a huge Shivratri function at their farmhouse last year. Sharmila too became Ayesha but her kids are pretty secular IMO. Saif did not force Kareena to convert and I loved that.

Its sucha shame to convert someone against their will. If a person accept the religion from their heart thats when they are converted for real. But converting for the sake its a really bad thing. even in islam it says you cannot force someone to convert unless they accept it from their own.  but people in the society making a mockery of the religion.

i always say Islam is a beautiful religion only if you get to know by your own knowledge and not by what you see and hear! So one should always educate theirselves even those so call muslims!
Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Kareena is Christian if I'm not wrong so she doesn't need to convert. 

I think people shouldn't change religion if it's not what they truly want. 

I think Saif and the like are quite secular because of how they grew up  (money,  acquaintances...) they got to meet a lot of people which influenced their way to see the world. 

Wasn't Soha's marriage problematic for Saif or there mother? I'm not sure but it seemed it wasn't quite easy. 
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
ROFL. The same people who are explaining and describing why Soha shouldn't be doing what she's doing and calling herself Muslim will be the first to announce that Islamic fundamentalism and extremism has "nothing to do with Islam."

Also the same people who will criticize Muslims who are outspoken in the need for reform and the need to be able to criticize and allow for modernization, accept that what was said around 2000 years ago shouldn't always be enforced now, and accept to follow how they deem fit, while you can follow how you deem fit. 

Can't have it both ways. The fundamentalism which you are calling Islam is exactly the ideology used and practiced and carried out in the most extreme manner in many instances.
Edited by KhatamKahani - 7 years ago
MithiBani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
^^ Kareena is half Hindu so going by the rules, she does need to convert and Saif didn't ask her to.

Well said StrAnger!

Edited by MithiBani - 7 years ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I think conversion is only for Law and follow a particular Religion's act of Marriage. (Though I am so not in support of this Marriage Act based on your Religion. It should be Universal for all. Just one Indian Marriage Act. And no exception for any religion.)

Even if you convert or not, you are still what you want to be. Name change doesn't matter.