Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

Years ago I heard about this Indian girl who wanted to unite with her boyfriend who was in the U.S. 

So she agreed to an arranged marriage, the groom worked in U.S. too... 
When the couple arrived, BF was waiting for her at the airport, she said bye-bye to her husband ( Consummation Bhi Ho Gaya) and walked away with him.

This happens like every week in UK and Canada especially in Punjabi families. By the time they arrive after all the sponsorship they have someone waiting for them at the airport and they take of with permanent residency. A friend of a friend committed suicide by jumping from the bridge because he couldnt take this shame and ridicule when his wife ditched him after arriving. 
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
^^^

That's so sad... How do these women and the other men involved live with themselves? 

There should be a movie made based on these kind if incidents or a TV show.

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

^^^

That's so sad... How do these women and the other men involved live with themselves? 

There should be a movie made based on these kind if incidents or a TV show.

In this particular case that friend he married her in a big fat wedding in Jalandhar. But she already had a boyfriend. Their plan was to use him to get foreign citizenship. After arriving at airport she ran away to live in a hotel. When they reached out to her she called police and police said they cant do anything. She stayed in hotel till she got PR card and then she sponsored her boyfriend and married him later. That guy jumped off a bridge into the river because it was very embarrasing experience for them.
rimi2983 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
^ Boss that is so sad. It wasn't boy's shame.
Ameesha Patel is dellutional. Didn't she call herself "Indian princess" to her entry at Cannes?
BanBB thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Expressionist (October 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 8
i liked the movie hat time

Originally posted by: rimi2983

^ Boss that is so sad. It wasn't boy's shame.
Ameesha Patel is dellutional. Didn't she call herself "Indian princess" to her entry at Cannes?

That is just one side of it. There are also those who do fake marriages and desert their wives. Several NRI do this and its called sex tourism. People go for vacation and marry some girl. Their pretencious parents think he is foreigner and his passport blinds them of any sanity. Then these guys go on to marry them, have honeymoon, loads of sex, free dinner parties from her relatives and then return promising to file her papers.
rimi2983 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
All these stories are specially true in Hyderabad and Punjab.
Muslims of Hyderabad and Punjabis who are crazy for NRI groom/brides. Its a menace in Indian society.
TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: rimi2983

All these stories are specially true in Hyderabad and Punjab.
Muslims of Hyderabad and Punjabis who are crazy for NRI groom/brides. Its a menace in Indian society.

Not just Hyderabad, I heard it's prevalent in whole AP state and among all not just in one religion

The incident I mentioned in my post(prev. page), they were from AP, they were very strict about caste so she didn't have the guts to go against her family and she chose this route instead ðŸ¤¢

TotalBetty thumbnail
BTW there is another BW remake of 'Dial M for Murder' - Aitbaar (1985) 
It's reasonably enjoyable movie, was rated 'A' at that time due to couple of scenes, by today's standards they're very tame...

Raj Babbar looked funny trying to look menacing ðŸ˜› Dimple was OK... She pines for her husband's luv bcz she is a Bharatiya Nari unlike the HW version where the woman is ready to ditch her husband for her boyfriend ðŸ˜Š
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
It's a cheap copy of Dial M for Murder and Perfect Murder ðŸ˜¡ When I watched the HW version, I just started cursing Abbas Mustan for ruining the story where the husband was a sanskari man and the wife too ðŸ¤¢